XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this week's sale is amazing!! Rocket Knight, Sacred Citadel, Mercugy Hg DLC... a lot of games that have never been on sale (a long as I know, at least).

i liked harmony of despair. i played it SP and MP and enjoyed it both ways. i'm mostly a SP guy though. if you do get it, you'd probably want to pick up the DLC levels. i think i played them more than the ones that came with it.

monaco is great if you have friends to play coop, I think I'll pick up cheap games or probably some older cod, if they have a good price here

Can anyone comment on Blacklight Tango Down - is there any community left? Is it a decent MP shooter or should I just stick with COD/Halo/etc?

I knew I had downloaded Swarm already but on-line it shows I haven't. Anyone know why on some games I already have it shows as purchased but for others it doesn't? Luckily, I double checked my 360.

Got excited for a second, read the list - no Runner 2. Disappointed.

Good to see game like Rocket Knight is finally getting a sale (already bought it last year tho).  Will see if i will get Sacred Citadel - it looks good, but the demo sucked, when i tried it months ago. Other than that i already have everything. :(

Holy Moses, over 2 solid pages of drops tonight at XBLDB!  Coincidentally, I was really close to starting up Castlevania:SoTN tonight but decided to go with Hell Yeah! instead.  I was happy with my decision; Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is very entertaining, especially with the WarioWare-style death screens you do for each of the 100 big monsters.

Speaking of the few games not on sale: I enjoyed Spartacus Legends, especially for the asking price of free :)  It was much better than Deadliest Warrior, which is still currently the only XBLA game I willingly paid for and then deleted from my hard drive after playing 5 minutes.  Spartacus online is laughably horrible with strange lag and poor matchups, but the single player is entertaining enough, so long as you don't mind reading about your cock in the wind during almost every load screen.

I'm glad the Mercury Hg DLC is finally on sale. Was the base game part of the S&S+ app? I could have sworn I bought it when it was on sale last time but it's showing up as a trial and asks me to purchase it on the console and site. I'll have to check my purchase history on the site later today.

Besides that I'm looking at Monaco (assuming the trial is fun) and possibly Rocket Knight. I think I own almost everything else minus Sacred Citadel, which is probably a pass.

Same thing happened with all the Forza 2 DLC. Luckily the GotY edition of that is easier to find than the GotY for Forza 2.
Yeah, but the Forza DLC got dropped to a buck each and was available that way for a few years. This was just for a little over a week. Plus, VIP and Community Choice Packs are not on the GOTY, not to mention someone on the Forza forums tried to enter the Stig's Pack code from a new GOTY and it shows the code as expired. Plus, Forza Rewards just started up a couple of weeks ago and there is a category for purchasing a DLC for FM3. It's either terrible planning or I'm starting to think it's an error and not a delisting.

Also, the Forza 4 Porsche Pack is on sale corresponding with the ALMS series using a Porsche for this month's challenge. Expect the Porsche Pack to be 25% off all month and now that last month's challenge which used a car from the Meguiar's Pack is over, expect the Meguiar's Pack to return to full price. It's the last month of ALMS so my guess is that a Forza 4 DLC sale will occur in October so as to not overlap with any of the lame ALMS sales. As addicted to Forza as I am right now, it's DLC will probably have to hit 75% off for me to buy this close to the launch of Forza 5.

Yeah, but the Forza DLC got dropped to a buck each and was available that way for a few years. This was just for a little over a week. Plus, VIP and Community Choice Packs are not on the GOTY, not to mention someone on the Forza forums tried to enter the Stig's Pack code from a new GOTY and it shows the code as expired. Plus, Forza Rewards just started up a couple of weeks ago and there is a category for purchasing a DLC for FM3. It's either terrible planning or I'm starting to think it's an error and not a delisting.
That's really weird. You'd figure with Forza 5 only months away and Forza Rewards just starting that Microsoft would want to encourage people to pick up the older games and play them.

And I never redeemed my Stig Car Pack...damn.

So I did pick up Castlevania HD as well.

Now starts the long grueling wait for that DLC to probably never go on sell.

May have to buy that original Castlevania stage though. It's too Kawaii.

So I did pick up Castlevania HD as well.

Now starts the long grueling wait for that DLC to probably never go on sell.

May have to buy that original Castlevania stage though. It's too Kawaii.
Yeah that games easily worth the price it's at now, I have all the DLC stages and they are all pretty sweet, a good amount tougher then the regular set as well

Rocket Knight, Karateka, Mercury Hg's DLC and Castlevania HD (for that price I can say no) for me.

Great sales. I demoed Sacred Citadel and it felt kind of meh.

Hard Corps Uprising is a pretty hard game...still I kinda want even if I know I will never finish it hum
Hard Corps Uprising is a very good game. Yes, it's hard (almost impossible in arcade mode), but in Uprising mode (stage select) you should have no problem beating it, and besides, you can upgrade your character to be a monster (but you can not import it to arcade mode).

Also, if you NEED to 100% your games, you can forget about this one (I'd rate it 10/10 in difficulty to 100%). Anyways, it's easily one of my top5 favourite arcade game from the marketplace.

Hard Corps Uprising is a very good game. Yes, it's hard (almost impossible in arcade mode), but in Uprising mode (stage select) you should have no problem beating it, and besides, you can upgrade your character to be a monster (but you can not import it to arcade mode).

Also, if you NEED to 100% your games, you can forget about this one (I'd rate it 10/10 in difficulty to 100%). Anyways, it's easily one of my top5 favourite arcade game from the marketplace.
The completionist inside me find this troublesome...haha I passed everytime when it was on sale but this time with being that cheap...I know I will enjoy it though hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm >.<"

Hard Corps Uprising is a pretty hard game...still I kinda want even if I know I will never finish it hum
Rising mode allows you to upgrade your character, get more lives etc. It's quite easy.

In the other hand if you are aiming for 100%, arcade mode is hard as nails and there is ''no death'' achievement to this mode.

edit; Beaten.

okay... so my live is either dead or is going to die tonight... can anyone explain the whole free month thing to me? Or better yet... can i buy sparkster at that price and not be Gold right now?

im not gonna have time to play much until this weekend but damn i have been waiting for RKA to be on sale. I still have the original cart for Sparkster on the Genesis. Easily one of the best sidescrollers ever made.

cant wait for all the opinions on this weeks list of games... 

also, no major nelson yet huh? What if this stuff ISNT on sale and they are all price decreases? I know... too much wishful thinking

Oh and a major SHAQ FU to my intolerance on waiting for a Skyrim Sale. I just HAD to go and buy dragonborn DLC a month back... i should have bought State of Decay instead... oh well it was worth the 20

That being said I guess you could use my little opinions on the skyrim stuff

"Dragonborn" Quite possibly the best expansion I have ever played, adds even more endless time to an already endless game and even manages to answer a few questions (key word FEW) that the Main Quest left untouched.

"Dawnguard" Not as good as Dragonborn but does add crossbows and even introduces a new species. More endless time to another endless game and the build up to the climax at the end was so very worth the fetch quests you do that lead up to it.

"Hearthfire" For the anal retentives and perfectionists really, all it does is add the ability to build your own house and adopt kids... sorry guys, no Skyrim Hot Coffee mod

"Skyrim" If you are into adventuring then this is now easily the best 20 bucks you can spend on the marketplace. I started the open world FPRPG (First Person Role Playing Game) genre with Fallout 3 and considered it the greatest game of this generation right up until I got past the prologue of Skyrim. Simply put Bethesda has made a masterpiece and you would be an assclown to not have this in your collection.

"Castlevania: HD" A solid GBA style Castlevania game. 5 very different playable characters right off the bat with extra DLC stages, playable characters, and soundtracks. If you are a Castlevania nut you can still enjoy this with friends but you will probably hate it alone, that being said... This game might be every Dracula-Slayer's dream. Think Diablo meets Castlevania...

I will most likely get the Dead Space 3 DLC for $5 even though I have not even started 2 yet.  I will let you know in about a year if I ever play it. Staring at the list of unplayed DLC I have already I would say most likely not.

According to MN's post, Call of Juarez Gunslinger is half off next week. If you have any love for westerns or FPS in general, do not miss this one. CheapyD approved.

Xbox LIVE Arcade  Release Date MS Points

World Series of Poker  4-Sep FREE

Castle of Illusion  4-Sep 14.99

Freefall Racers  6-Sep 9.99

Ducktales Remastered  11-Sep 14.99    

Game Add-ons Release Date MS Points

Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2  3-Sep 4.99

Minecraft: Mass Effect Mash-up  4-Sep 3.99      

Deal of the Week Discount Dates Price Call of Duty  3-Sep to 9-Sep  

Call of Duty Classic 

33% off  Call of Duty 2   

25% off  Call of Duty 3 

25% off  Call of Duty 4: MW   

25% off  Call of Duty: WaW   

25% off  Call of Duty: MW2 

33% off  Call of Duty: Black Ops   

40% off  Call of Duty: MW3 

50% off  Call of Duty: Black Ops II    33% off      

Far Cry Blood Dragon  10-Sep to 16-Sep 50% off

Call of Juarez Gunslinger    50% off  

Doodle Jump Kinect   50% off  

MLB 2K13   75% off

Nicktoons MLB    90% off      

Sales  & Specials Discount Date Price

Games with Gold: Magic 2013 1-Sep to 15-Sep Free to gold

Back to School Sale 3-Sep to 9-Sep varies

Behemoth Sale 10-Sep to 16-Sep varies

Warner Brothers Sale 10-Sep to 16-Sep varies    

Games on Demand Release Date

GRID 2  3-Sep  

MADDEN NFL 25  6-Sep  

Lost Planet 3  6-Sep

Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet  6-Sep

Killer is Dead  13-Sep  

Rayman Legends  13-Sep

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 

Major Lazy, actually posted what's upcoming. Im mainly looking at the Behemoth and WB sale next week. It also seems like MS is actually getting a whole lot better lately at get digital versions of games near their physical release.

Is the free World Series of Poker a new game?  The one they announced last year for release in Spring 2013, the "follow up" to 1 vs. 100?  Not much fanfare/marketing, if so...

Holy Moses, over 2 solid pages of drops tonight at XBLDB! Coincidentally, I was really close to starting up Castlevania:SoTN tonight but decided to go with Hell Yeah! instead. I was happy with my decision; Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is very entertaining, especially with the WarioWare-style death screens you do for each of the 100 big monsters.
I finished Hell Yeah!a few weeks ago. A thoroughly enjoyable game IMO and funny as hell. I'm hoping Sega makes a sequel cause I'd love another game like that.

I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the whole idea of using cash instead of points. I didn't realize that several of these deals were GOOD DEALS, until I calculated how many MSPs they equate to.

I am however hesitant to spend my limited amount of MSPs with the looming sale next week. Those GoDs look mighty tempting at those discount prices, and I am not sure what the Warner Brothers sale will include. I may have to hold on to my points until next Tuesday to make my decision (who am I kidding, those points will be gone by the end of the day  ;) )

Going to be an expensive week next week and maybe this week as well, although I own most of what I'm interested in already for the stuff this week. Still, some stuff I'm on the fence.

This week:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Nobody to play it with)

Dead Space 3 DLC

Mercury HG DLC

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine (demo)

Puzzle Quest (Is this the week I FINALLY buy it after passing multiple times before?)

Rayman 3 (passed in the past, but may finally bite this time).

Sacred Citadel (demo)

Next week:

Battleblock Theater (here's hoping for 50% off)

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Nicktoons MLB (sucker for the easy gamerscore).

Not sure what would be in the Warner Bros sale, but here's hoping for the Injustice season pass. Have yet to pick that up.

There's also Castle of Illusion and Ducktales. With all these games I'll be buying and my dwindling point stash, I should hold off, but nostalgia may get the better of me. Especially if the originals are included.

We've got some good stuff this week and next week.  I just picked up Blood Dragon on PSN but I'll definitely grab Gunslinger for 50% off.  Doodle Jump Kinect too, and Nicktoons MLB if it really is 90% off.  And hopefully Battleblock Theater is 50% off during the Behemoth sale next week!

There's also Castle of Illusion and Ducktales. With all these games I'll be buying and my dwindling point stash, I should hold off, but nostalgia may get the better of me. Especially if the originals are included.
The original Castle of Illusion was included with pre-orders of the updated version on PSN, but I haven't heard about anything like that on the 360. Ducktales does not include the original game.

ok ive asked this on like 4 forums and everytime no one's known. so i have a question about CM; can i bring a guest online and save their stats? like can i have my gf play as a guest, we team up with people online, and tomorrow when we play it saved her stats? or is it like castle crashers where every online person must have their own gold account?
Sorry for the late response. Very few games support online guests, so I'd assume Charlie Murder does not.

Next week FC3 Blood Dragon, CoJ Gunslinger and two special producer sales. God, MS has really started September well enough.

Of course i have everything from next week deals as well. CoJ Gunslinger is highly recommended for everyone. Enjoyed that much more than Blood Dragon. While the main missions in FC Blood Dragon are good, they are only 3-4 and on top of that pretty short. Everything else is collecting stuff and some side missions, which are the same as the ones in main FC3.

Apparently Castle of Illusions XBLA/PSN is not a good remake. :(

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/castle_of_illusion_mickey_mouse_review.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/03/castle-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse-review-disney-hd-3948278/

Of course i have everything from next week deals as well. CoJ Gunslinger is highly recommended for everyone. Enjoyed that much more than Blood Dragon. While the main missions in FC Blood Dragon are good, they are only 3-4 and on top of that pretty short. Everything else is collecting stuff and some side missions, which are the same as the ones in main FC3.

Apparently Castle of Illusions XBLA/PSN is not a good remake. :(

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/castle_of_illusion_mickey_mouse_review.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/03/castle-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse-review-disney-hd-3948278/
I'll follow your advice and get Gunslinger then, I wanted to skip one of them and already thought that I would like more CoJ than the psychedelic FC.

I'll follow your advice and get Gunslinger then, I wanted to skip one of them and already thought that I would like more CoJ than the psychedelic FC.
I on the other hand will go against that advice. I need SHORT games. I can't afford to keep adding long games to my already enormous backlog.

For those who are trying to figure out the prices for next week, here they are for the announced games provided that Major Nelson's percentages are correct:

Nicktoons MLB $3 (90% off)

Far Cry Blood Dragon $7.50 (50% off)

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger $7.50 (50% off)

MLB 2K13 $10 (75% of)

I guess I will be playing some baseball with Spongebob next week. :whee:

echoing everything Sath said about gunslinder and blood dragon. I played a couple of missions, then decided to supe up my weapons, when I went back the missions I played 1 and then it was over. fun, but very short. for the price of admission, its like going to a goofy self-aware action movie, def. worth it. but if you must pick one, gunslinger was better gameplay, narative, etc.

ooga-gunslinger is still pretty short, but it's fun the whole way so it feels longer. HLTB says it's 5 hours. 

OP is updated.  I've lumped everything that we don't know for sure why it's on sale into the Back to School list.  I'll update it as MS provides more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back