XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't use my MSP credit at Gamestop though...
I kind of understand how some people on here save up credit for different retailers and value the credit differently than money but I don't know why you would pay about $13 more just to use said credit instead of cash.

Kept getting an error when I tried to buy Blood Dragon. Contacted Microsoft's customer support about it, and got absolutely nowhere. Made my decision about which next-gen console preorder to keep much easier. Xbone order canceled.

Kept getting an error when I tried to buy Blood Dragon. Contacted Microsoft's customer support about it, and got absolutely nowhere. Made my decision about which next-gen console preorder to keep much easier. Xbone order canceled.
You're canceling your Xbox One preorder because you waited until the very last second of a weeklong sale to try and buy Blood Dragon and they wouldn't let you?

You're canceling your Xbox One preorder because you waited until the very last second of a weeklong sale to try and buy Blood Dragon and they wouldn't let you?
Not to mention that the sale officially ends on the 16th.....you know....yesterday. If it was me I would be embarrassed to even call a csr. I am sure if you called Sony they would put the game back on sale for you.....and buy you a unicorn for your trouble.

Of course they don't. Don't be silly! They do however come with built-in time machines, so you can just go back in time to when the sale was running and make your purchase.
fuck that! Sounds like too much of a hassle. Maybe I could just buy things on time. That sounds so much easier.

No, I'm canceling my XBone preorder because Microsoft's customer service sucks. I didn't know about the sale until yesterday, which is when I tried buying it. They were having technical difficulties, so I kept getting an error code. I had a similar issue with Playstation about two months ago and it took them less than four minutes to rectify the issue. I'm OK with the decision. I was undecided to begin with, but this made it easy. Customer service matters.

It WAS yesterday, smartass. And Sony DID actually honor a sale price listed on their site that wasn't reflected in the cart. Unicorn or no, one company's customer service was good, one company's wasn't. End of story.

Not to mention that the sale officially ends on the 16th.....you know....yesterday. If it was me I would be embarrassed to even call a csr. I am sure if you called Sony they would put the game back on sale for you.....and buy you a unicorn for your trouble.

No, I'm canceling my XBone preorder because Microsoft's customer service sucks. I didn't know about the sale until yesterday, which is when I tried buying it. They were having technical difficulties, so I kept getting an error code. I had a similar issue with Playstation about two months ago and it took them less than four minutes to rectify the issue. I'm OK with the decision. I was undecided to begin with, but this made it easy. Customer service matters.
MS CS treats us like dumb sheep and they love to take are money and run. They lie so bad as well. But hey it seems like most people are sheep these days win for ms. rofl

how did you guys get in touch with MS support? I did a live chat a few weeks back and got everything taken care of quickly and easily. I've never dealt with Sony support so I can't compare, but the few times I've had problems with MS the service has been pretty good.

Microsoft's CS is awful. I contacted them when my account got locked during the MS points sale. They didn't do anything to solve it, they just said they did.

Hmm I just got an email containing the bonus from the summer of arcade purchases. The funny thing is that I didn't actually "buy" any of the games. I traded for codes for Brothers & Charlie Murder, so I guess that counted even though it never did in the past. I can't complain about a freebie. :)

I won't lie. NBA2k12 dropping to $20 is... tempting. I love sports games but rarely buy any non-hockey-or-football ones. I might not mind a good hoops one.

Can I get any impressions on it from anyone here?
I preferred 2K13 to 2K12, and played it a lot more, but the 2K games are all so good that the differences are fractional. If you're okay with not having the latest and greatest thing, you could absolutely spend many hours in 2K12.

One very cool thing: The Jordan Challenge.

It WAS yesterday, smartass. And Sony DID actually honor a sale price listed on their site that wasn't reflected in the cart. Unicorn or no, one company's customer service was good, one company's wasn't. End of story.
You did not mention that you did this yesterday in your original post. If you post something at 3 PM EST, naturally I had to assume it was something that happened today.

Yeah customer service is important, so you are free to make your purchase decision based on that. Then again, I don't recall the Microsoft servers getting hacked, 77 million accounts getting stolen, and the network being brought down for almost a whole month because of it. Personally, a 6 day (instead of a 7 day) sale doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

Oh and by the way, I purchased Blood Dragon this morning at 2 AM, so whatever issues they were having yesterday, apparently they were temporary. If you gave it some time and tried again later, you probably could've made your purchase without the hassle of contacting customer service.

It still took until September 15th for them to partially unlock my account. I can now use the points that were in my account, but I still can't add a credit card or Paypal, and I still can't buy anything from the MS Store.
I was able to add my credit card to a second gamertag. I figured if I could then it would completely eliminate the idea that my bank is blocking it. So if you really want to buy something from the Microsoft Store you can probably make a new Microsoft account and add your credit card to it.

I thought about doing that for the recent $10 game sales that website had, but I don't feel like dealing with that website anymore.

how did you guys get in touch with MS support? I did a live chat a few weeks back and got everything taken care of quickly and easily. I've never dealt with Sony support so I can't compare, but the few times I've had problems with MS the service has been pretty good.
I called the 4MYXBOX number. I already know this problem can't be fixed through chat. They need to access the billing part of your account, and chat will say you need to call so you can speak to someone who can do that. Even the first line of phone customer service can't do that; you get transferred to the section that can.

Other than them not being able to fix the problem customer service has been.... amiable.

Yeah the customer service is always very nice and polite but its becoming clear to me that they don't know how to fix the problem since now two of you have said your having the same issue with your account. I'm sick of calling and going through the same steps and then they escalate my case and tell me it's fixed by email when it's still not fixed.

I preferred 2K13 to 2K12, and played it a lot more, but the 2K games are all so good that the differences are fractional. If you're okay with not having the latest and greatest thing, you could absolutely spend many hours in 2K12.

Isn't 2k12 50% off used at GameStop? Think it winds up being seven bucks there.

Sorry you guys have had such troubles with CS. They have always fixed any problems I've had quickly and kindly. Even given free months of XBL for having any issues in the first place. I did have a friend who recently had to abandon his 6 year old account because they couldn't fix his login. It must have gone downhill these past few months. Worries me about any future problems that may pop up.

I got on the website (tried to do the purchase on the website as well as the console) and just hit "help" and then it opened a chat window.

I told them I had tried to buy the game and it showed up (correctly) at $7.49 but when I added it to my cart it showed $14.99. They told me yesterday that they would look into it and get back to me. Today when I hadn't yet heard anything, I contacted them again to follow-up and was told, "Oh, the sale is over. The publisher sets those sale dates/prices, so we can't do anything about it." Never mind the fact that the website STILL showed the $7.49 price today at 3 something when I talked to them. But their attitude was basically like, "Oh well." That's fine. XBone canceled, all in for PS4.

In contrast, when I talked to Sony a couple of months ago, they said, "Sorry about that...I'll process the order manually with the sale price." I've had a 360 since launch, but Microsft has been Xboning their customers more and more. That's their choice. And, accordingly, PS4 is my choice.

I realize some folks may have had better experiences with Microsoft, or bad experiences with Sony. Much of it depends on the particular CS rep you get. But this case was escalated to a manager, and still basically was, "Screw you." No problem. Sionara.

Whenever I had to call MS CS I had to focus my five senses just on understanding the voice at the other end of the line XD They are supposed to speak my language, but i'd be damned if that's spanish. It's like an alien had a child with a morlock, then they get him drunk and give him a phone.

Whenever I had to call MS CS I had to focus my five senses just on understanding the voice at the other end of the line XD They are supposed to speak my language, but i'd be damned if that's spanish. It's like an alien had a child with a morlock, then they get him drunk and give him a phone.
I'd be interested to know how you used you sense of taste and smell for this ^_~

I kind of understand how some people on here save up credit for different retailers and value the credit differently than money but I don't know why you would pay about $13 more just to use said credit instead of cash.
I have kids back in school, bills, medical bills for a kid that broke her foot doing sports right before school started.... I literally DON'T have the cash to just go down to Gamestop to pay for a scratched DVD copy that may not work anyways right now.

I *do* have a good chunk of credit sitting on my MS account right now though that would cost me $0 to use.

Some of us are more "cheap" gamers than others...

Thanks wigglesizking (and Rockabye too). Some reviews for 2k12 were really good, others not quite. Nice to know 2k13 actually improved (are you reading this EA? Some people actually IMPROVE their sports games every year). Maybe I'll just hold off then. Still holding out hope to stretch my credit. Sales are not cooperating (seriously only DLC this week? Hope that means next week is awesome).

9/17 - 9/23 ... Battlefield 3 DLC:

Thats some sick BF3 DLC bro :lol:

I couldn't post about my experience on a different day than it happened? I understand the assumption, but why would you jump to "he must have tried to buy an item that was no longer on sale" instead of "he must have tried it before the sale expired"? And if you'd read further, you'd see that I DID actually try it again later and it still showed $7.49 but showed up as $14.99 in the cart. Sheesh, xbots get real defensive whenever anyone dares to challenge Microsoft's benevolence and perfection.

I wasn't affected by the PSN hack either way. I have both systems (and a Wii, PSP, and now a Vita, 3DS and Wii U), so I just played other stuff.

You did not mention that you did this yesterday in your original post. If you post something at 3 PM EST, naturally I had to assume it was something that happened today.

Yeah customer service is important, so you are free to make your purchase decision based on that. Then again, I don't recall the Microsoft servers getting hacked, 77 million accounts getting stolen, and the network being brought down for almost a whole month because of it. Personally, a 6 day (instead of a 7 day) sale doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

Oh and by the way, I purchased Blood Dragon this morning at 2 AM, so whatever issues they were having yesterday, apparently they were temporary. If you gave it some time and tried again later, you probably could've made your purchase without the hassle of contacting customer service.

half the fun of playing nba 2k is the online modes IMO (there's one where you get assigned one position in a game full of 10 people, online leagues, etc) and they nuke most of the online stuff in old ones when a newer version comes out so i wouldn't buy an old version, that's just me tho.

If you're okay with not having the latest and greatest thing, you could absolutely spend many hours in 2K12.

This.

I put it down for awhile but then the DLC went on sale for half off which made me pick it back up and continue MyPlayer. I never did buy 2k13 because 2k12 had everything I needed in the MyPlayer mode. Online servers were closed awhile back but if you're just looking for a basketball fix the MyPlayer mode, Franchise mode, and The Jordan Challenge will keep you satisfied for a good while.

I wasn't affected by the PSN hack either way. I have both systems (and a Wii, PSP, and now a Vita, 3DS and Wii U), so I just played other stuff.
I agree with everything you have said except that last part. Everyone that had a PSN account was affected so if you didn't have an account before, when PSN was horrible/useless, then it is not fair to compare them now. PSN is indeed the overall better service NOW! This is mostly due to Live kicking their butt for so long and they drastically improved things after the shutdown including plus and sales.

It is impossible to predict which will be better over the next gen cycle though...

The best part is that you DO get to speak with your wallet!

I have kids back in school, bills, medical bills for a kid that broke her foot doing sports right before school started.... I literally DON'T have the cash to just go down to Gamestop to pay for a scratched DVD copy that may not work anyways right now.

I *do* have a good chunk of credit sitting on my MS account right now though that would cost me $0 to use.

Thanks wigglesizking (and Rockabye too). Some reviews for 2k12 were really good, others not quite. Nice to know 2k13 actually improved (are you reading this EA? Some people actually IMPROVE their sports games every year). Maybe I'll just hold off then. Still holding out hope to stretch my credit. Sales are not cooperating (seriously only DLC this week? Hope that means next week is awesome).
That's fine but don't act all stunned that people don't get it. Logically it still doesn't make you cheap to do so. You paid for those points so you are still paying more. If you got points deals then good for you because you're at least closer. But the fact is cheaper is cheaper, whether you have available credit or not. So given the site being what it is there will always be people who don't get using more credit for something available cheaper.

Well, yeah, in the sense that I had an account, I was affected. But I changed my information, canceled the cards they had, and played other stuff. I didn't think it was the end of the world like many others did. That said, you're right, they were forced to improve the service as a result, and whatever the reason, I'm glad for that.

I agree with everything you have said except that last part. Everyone that had a PSN account was affected so if you didn't have an account before, when PSN was horrible/useless, then it is not fair to compare them now. PSN is indeed the overall better service NOW! This is mostly due to Live kicking their butt for so long and they drastically improved things after the shutdown including plus and sales.

It is impossible to predict which will be better over the next gen cycle though...

The best part is that you DO get to speak with your wallet!

Though supposedly wiki's are supposed to come back eventually, I'm starting to have my doubts.
I found this funny
wiki-2.jpg

Why is it that when we get a week of super crappy deals Major doesn't give us the two weeks info.

oh well after journeying the globe and picking up over ten games plus GTA5 and the Newegg deals I think I should be set for one week :whistle2:D

Kinda giving away my potential location, I should ask Major Nelson that on his tour, I'm pretty close to one of the five cities he's visiting next month. If I get a picture with him and ask him about the lack of posting deals, I might go ahead and reveal myself... (and maybe dress up like Cheapy for the occasion, it's very close to Halloween at that time anyhow. :bouncy:.)

That's fine but don't act all stunned that people don't get it. Logically it still doesn't make you cheap to do so. You paid for those points so you are still paying more. If you got points deals then good for you because you're at least closer. But the fact is cheaper is cheaper, whether you have available credit or not. So given the site being what it is there will always be people who don't get using more credit for something available cheaper.
"Cheap" is more like "that 50% sale isn't good enough, I need a 75% one" and then waiting 9 months for a better sale. I'm not knocking those fortunate enough to be able to just buy every single sale game that comes along (I was there at one point), but really I think perspective in this forum has gotten quite warped. The credit I'm sitting on I've had since December basically, because I'm trying to stretch it as much as possible because once it's gone I don't know when I'll be able to start spending more again. And none of those MSP/credit were anything I bought, all were gifts/rewards. The only time I have *ever* bought MSP myself was to nab Minecraft 360 back when it first released.

In the near future it won't matter because most everyone's credit will be gone, but for right now some of us are going to bleed and stretch that MSP credit for all it's worth to get just the right games and deals. It's also why Games With Gold is a bigger deal to some people than some of you think .

Also: Some of us just really don't like or care for Gamestop anymore. YMMV depending on your location/store, but my local one sucks (constantly putting the wrong discs in purchased cases, and also way too many discs that don't even work and clearly weren't tested) and I won't even go there anymore to even just look and browse because of a couple obnoxious employees (which is sad).

Kinda giving away my potential location, I should ask Major Nelson that on his tour, I'm pretty close to one of the five cities he's visiting next month. If I get a picture with him and ask him about the lack of posting deals, I might go ahead and reveal myself... (and maybe dress up like Cheapy for the occasion, it's very close to Halloween at that time anyhow. :bouncy:.)
I walked pass Larry Hryb before on the streets during E3 a couple years back, and I was surprised to see him and I was like "hey Major Nelson!". But he didn't even flinch or look to acknowledge I was trying to say what's up to him. I know he heard me too lol. Kinda dickish but I'm not holding any grudges.

I get the idea of spending MS points now because you have them more abundantly than cash but I'd hardly call the logic "cheap" or sound.

EDIT: I would just wait. The game will be available for cents soon enough since its a sports title and next-gen systems are coming out on top of that. It isn't even like it is this years game so there is no urgency to get it now. I'm sure online and all that is already done for 2K12.

Save the MS points and use them for real deals, not just as a pseudo loan to overspend on what you could get cheaper if you had the cash to.

EDIT 2: Even if you don't like Game Stop it is easily available that price or cheaper through other avenues (especially if you don't care about case/manual). I understand your argument you can't afford it with cash, but EVERYTHING has value and that needs to be weighed. You are way overspending your MS points for something because you don't have the cash which will eventually lead you to not being able to afford actual deals.

Yeah. The scenery in Bosnia: Rays man....rays! It's legendary! It's free (minus travel costs; necessities; baggage claim: This offer is not valid with other offers and purchase is non-refundable). Happy touristing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back