XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
That I did. Account ban kind of stings.

I'm interested to go through the 165 games I have saved on my hard drive, and compare it to my Google Docs list of games I own digitally. See which ones I've lost for good...
That is most unfortunate. Thank you for all the work that you put into updating the thread regularly. I just find it curious that Microsoft would go with the complete banhammers for these recent infractions instead of giving some type of warning. I would imagine that the people in this forum who did this were regular customers who purchased digital content regularly far beyond the consumer habits of the vast majority of people.

Have you considered trying to send some appeals to Microsoft's Customer Support? I mean, your 165 games would indicate to them that you are a regular customer and perhaps that could be leveraged for some good will?

Well I'm out guys. Got hit with teh ban hammerz :(

Seems like my account got hit too since I can't log in to it on Xbox.com . 

That is most unfortunate. Thank you for all the work that you put into updating the thread regularly. I just find it curious that Microsoft would go with the complete banhammers for these recent infractions instead of giving some type of warning. I would imagine that the people in this forum who did this were regular customers who purchased digital content regularly far beyond the consumer habits of the vast majority of people.

Have you considered trying to send some appeals to Microsoft's Customer Support? I mean, your 165 games would indicate to them that you are a regular customer and perhaps that could be leveraged for some good will?
Apparently customer support can't touch this and the Xbox live enforcement team (the ones handing out bans) don't give a damn if you've been a customer from day one. That's what I've gathered from reddit, Xbox.com etc. They just ban you and you have no recourse.

Apparently customer support can't touch this and the Xbox live enforcement team (the ones handing out bans) don't give a damn if you've been a customer from day one. That's what I've gathered from reddit, Xbox.com etc. They just ban you and you have no recourse.
Yep, this is what I gathered as well. Basically, absolutely nothing can be done.

Are all these bans from the recent Oman thingy or are they banning everyone who has done similar stuff in the past like with injustice, AC3, etc.
From what I have gathered, it seems to be the most recent exploits involving Oman and Bosnia accounts that are being hit. However, this may simply be the beginning of a more extensive purge that will involve infractions that occurred previous to this. Has anybody had their console or account banned who did not participate in the most recent activities?

In a Microsoft board room tomorrow, or a few days from now. "Well, following our ban, XBL sales have spiked, as have new console sales. This staggered banning has really worked out, as everyone rushes to spend their credit, then buy new consoles."

In a Microsoft board room tomorrow, or a few days from now. "Well, following our ban, XBL sales have spiked, as have new console sales. This staggered banning has really worked out, as everyone rushes to spend their credit, then buy new consoles."
They wouldn't care about the XBL sales, since they are bought with credit anyway, they already have your money, they could care less if you spend it or not.

And those who are dumping credit now, would truly surprise me if you use real money on the marketplace again.

So basically, this XBL deals thread has become a whiney mess of anti-MS rants by people who fraudulently got free games from different countries? Time to start a new thread maybe?

I may give that some thought over the weekend, but everything I've heard suggests that Microsoft in extremely rigid in this area, even to an unreasonable degree.

Also just realized I also lost State of Decay and my Mass Effect 2 DLC. I had already beat State of Decay so no huge deal there, but hadn't gotten through that ME2 DLC so that one hurts a little.

I have wikified this thread twice, but it appears it has reverted to un-wikified status both times.

Can anyone else confirm that the OP is not wikified?

So basically, this XBL deals thread has become a whiney mess of anti-MS rants by people who fraudulently got free games from different countries? Time to start a new thread maybe?
1. You are a saint.

2. If you want to start a new thread, and put forth the devotion that tyler, who is now double banned, has, then by all means go for it. And when you have to come to a close because of account problems, we will comfort you too.

A friend of mine made a Moroccan account for injustice and migrated it to Oman for a few of those games. Never downloaded Rayman, was still able to log on with with his console tonight. I'll post if he gets banned or not, to compare notes for others worried. I feel I should knock on wood or something. He says "Like others, if only my console gets banned ill buy a new one, since the amount of games I've purchased far out ways the price of a new console. But if an account ban occurs, I may take up a new hobby :p"

I'm curious just how many people are getting banned. It would be funny if they 180'd because 50% of their user base was banned.

1. You are a saint.
2. If you want to start a new thread, and put forth the devotion that tyler, who is now double banned, has, then by all means go for it. And when you have to come to a close because of account problems, we will comfort you too.
1. Thanks!
2. I have no problem giving props to Tyler for all his work on this thread. And that has nothing to do with him, and quite a few others apparently, using some very shady tactics to obtain games that clearly weren't meant to be free.

I may give that some thought over the weekend, but everything I've heard suggests that Microsoft in extremely rigid in this area, even to an unreasonable degree.

Also just realized I also lost State of Decay and my Mass Effect 2 DLC. I had already beat State of Decay so no huge deal there, but hadn't gotten through that ME2 DLC so that one hurts a little.
Good luck with whatever course of action you decide to pursue.

On a side note, this incident is insightful to all the CAG's here regarding Xbox Live and how Microsoft is choosing to enforce their Terms of Service. I have enjoyed many video game experiences on my Xbox 360, but at this point I have little desire to buy anything other than exclusives on the Xbox 360 and its eventual successor Xbox One. Steam and PSN have not done extensive bannings to its users for glitches and technical errors have they?

They wouldn't care about the XBL sales, since they are bought with credit anyway, they already have your money, they could care less if you spend it or not.
I know that, and you know that, but my experience in corporate America is an incredible amount of trees being more readily apparent than forests.

How dare MS ban people for taking something that didn't belong to them! This is outrageous!

All someone needs is a healthy dollop of rationalization to excuse their own bad behavior. No need to take responsibility for their actions. I will give credit to the one or two people who did own up to their role in their banning but the vast majority want to blame the big, bad MS instead of admitting they did something wrong. On top of that, some of them have even stated that they'll dump their banned 360's on GS so someone can get stuck with their brick just so they can have a few extra bucks in their pockets. Now THAT'S a scumbag approach.

How dare MS ban people for taking something that didn't belong to them! This is outrageous!

All someone needs is a healthy dollop of rationalization to excuse their own bad behavior. No need to take responsibility for their actions. I will give credit to the one or two people who did own up to their role in their banning but the vast majority want to blame the big, bad MS instead of admitting they did something wrong. On top of that, some of them have even stated that they'll dump their banned 360's on GS so someone can get stuck with their brick just so they can have a few extra bucks in their pockets. Now THAT'S a scumbag approach.
It was definitely wrong for people to take this stuff from other marketplaces but to be fair, most people here probably spend a lot more money than the average gamer and you'd think they'd tell people to remove the GT's and games associated with them and not do it again or they'd get banned. Last year on Black Friday Target had 1600 MSP cards for 9.99 on accident when they meant to have XBL Gold cards on sale. They honored that. The year before they had the Lord of the Rings trilogy (all three movies) for $7.99 on Black Friday and they honored that. They didn't call people thieves for "exploiting" their mistakes. Again, I'm not justifying what people did but it seems a bit strange, these tactics.

Not sure why the OP keeps reverting.  Maybe I'll post the issue tomorrow.  Right now I'm just gonna kick back, play some free Rayman Legends*, and call it a night.

*Sorry Ubisoft, it was Microsoft's fault!  But no worries, I'm sure I'll buy it again on Vita at some point.

EDIT: Also, you guys have been really awesome today with your support and gratitude with my work on the thread.  I appreciate it.  

it's more about fraud than theft. if the same games had shown up on the US marketplace for free, they wouldn't be banning all the people who exploited their mistake. much like best buy isn't trying to have me arrested for getting GTA V for free. i didn't steal it, they just didn't charge me for it.

It was definitely wrong for people to take this stuff from other marketplaces but to be fair, most people here probably spend a lot more money than the average gamer and you'd think they'd tell people to remove the GT's and games associated with them and not do it again or they'd get banned. Last year on Black Friday Target had 1600 MSP cards for 9.99 on accident when they meant to have XBL Gold cards on sale. They honored that. The year before they had the Lord of the Rings trilogy (all three movies) for $7.99 on Black Friday and they honored that. They didn't call people thieves for "exploiting" their mistakes. Again, I'm not justifying what people did but it seems a bit strange, these tactics.
Hardly the same thing. Did these sales require a passport proving that you lived in Morocco in order to purchase them?

Not sure why the OP keeps reverting. Maybe I'll post the issue tomorrow. Right now I'm just gonna kick back, play some free Rayman Legends*, and call it a night.

*Sorry Ubisoft, it was Microsoft's fault! But no worries, I'm sure I'll buy it again on Vita at some point.

EDIT: Also, you guys have been really awesome today with your support and gratitude with my work on the thread. I appreciate it.
If this is actually only hitting people that downloaded Rayman Legends then I'd have to wonder if this isn't actually Ubi's doing by complaining to MS.

I don't think you should even worry about the OP. Just let this thread die after the discussion is over. Someone else can make their own thread if they care enough - Docsamson.

Hardly the same thing. Did these sales require a passport proving that you lived in Morocco in order to purchase them?
Xbox Live required a passport?

If this is actually only hitting people that downloaded Rayman Legends then I'd have to wonder if this isn't actually Ubi's doing by complaining to MS.

I don't think you should even worry about the OP. Just let this thread die after the discussion is over. Someone else can make their own thread if they care enough - Docsamson.

Xbox Live required a passport?
Smh

A buddy of mine got console banned because he downloaded injustice and that's it. So rayman isn't the sole cause.
Yeah, someone posted that on NeoGaf. Did your buddy at least BUY Rayman Legends? Or did they just not make a Bosnian account altogether?

If Omani accounts alone are worthy of bans, my theory was incorrect after all. :whistle2:(

Yeah, someone posted that on NeoGaf. Did your buddy at least BUY Rayman Legends? Or did they just not make a Bosnian account altogether?

If Omani accounts alone are worthy of bans, my theory was incorrect after all. :whistle2:(
I don't think he did, just an oman one. I did both and downloaded the games and i haven't been banned as of yet.

I kind of wish they'd just give an official statement at this point. Surely there are enough bans by now to warrant it? How long do you think this process will take?

Well, I'm most likely screwed. My cousin received 3 emails banning three of his foreign accounts. I haven't received anything yet, but we got all the games, and at the same time. When you get console banned, does it say it in the email specifically, because his emails only say this account has been banned.

Have to say this is an extreme measure byMicrosoft. Yes we jacked the games, but it wasn't by any malicious hacking or tampering, they screwed up and left the loophole open for quite some time. If they wanted to get their message across they should dish out temporary bans. It shows us that they mean business and at the same time we learn a lesson. Instead they just shoot us dead. Wtf.

Tyler just wanted to say good luck with the job and I feel really bad for you. You put a lot of work into keeping this thread updated and this is a fucked up way to go out.

it's more about fraud than theft. if the same games had shown up on the US marketplace for free, they wouldn't be banning all the people who exploited their mistake. much like best buy isn't trying to have me arrested for getting GTA V for free. i didn't steal it, they just didn't charge me for it.
I couldn't find any logic in your reasoning.

In both cases, this and free GTA V, is of the exact same nature. The merchandise holder had technical difficulties/glitches which resulted in products appearing as free. Some are more visible, some needed following a non-hacking procedure. You as the buyer, are taking something for free, when you know it should not be free. They all violate some code of conduct, MS says you cannot exploit regional pricing, BBY says it has the right to reject sales due to pricing mistakes (but it did not).

Actually, for the free GTA V, you required BBY's effort in logistics: tracking your order, packing, shipping, delivering, real effort by real people. While these free games cost them nothing, except for maybe some server traffic.

just ordered a 320 gig off ebay. put it off forever but now is the time. hopefully my main GT doesn't get banned. i'll have about 70 extra gigs for the next online pricing error, your turn ms -_-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320GB-HDD-Hard-Drive-Disk-for-Microsoft-XBOX360-S-xbox-360-Slim-320-GB-320G-US-/111140825717?pt=US_Video_Game_Hard_Drives&hash=item19e0826a75

i was going to just put my HD in a new console....but....since this HD/console has full versions of over 120 games that apparently the licenses will never die out for (albeit it can't go online but...jesus i have everything from madden 25 to mass effect on it and i guess the games on there will always work regardless of future license transfers, since it can't go online)....yeah i'm sure i can find someone who wants it.

you banned my console for stealing a dozen games, and at the same time you duped well over 100 games for me in the process...good show M$

just ordered a 320 gig off ebay. put it off forever but now is the time. hopefully my main GT doesn't get banned. i'll have about 70 extra gigs for the next online pricing error, your turn ms -_-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320GB-HDD-Hard-Drive-Disk-for-Microsoft-XBOX360-S-xbox-360-Slim-320-GB-320G-US-/111140825717?pt=US_Video_Game_Hard_Drives&hash=item19e0826a75

i was going to just put my HD in a new console....but....since this HD/console has full versions of over 120 games that apparently the licenses will never die out for (albeit it can't go online but...jesus i have everything from madden 25 to mass effect on it and i guess the games on there will always work regardless of future license transfers, since it can't go online)....yeah i'm sure i can find someone who wants it.

you banned my console for stealing a dozen games, and at the same time you duped well over 100 games for me in the process...good show M$

Dude hold of for a week before transfering into a new system. I dont think this is over yet.

Actually, for the free GTA V, you required BBY's effort in logistics: tracking your order, packing, shipping, delivering, real effort by real people. While these free games cost them nothing, except for maybe some server traffic.
You really think Live doesn't require any people?

fuck, to get the medals in Pacman championship edition DX+, we must share achievements and medals through facebook??!! Why the fuck should I do that?? Now we also have to link our facebook account with the MS one to be more controlled?

I don't think you'll see any "official statement" at all... We seem to think that we're the center of the gaming world here on CAG sometimes, but, in reality, we're a VERY TEENY TINY subsection of gamers. It seems like a lot of people here got banned, but how many people are on XBL? 40 or 50 million??? So, while the percentage seems large here, the VAST majority of the 50 million people on XBL did NOT exploit this, just like many of us on here did not - mainly, for  me, because they weren't games that I would jeopardize my account over. I thought at the outset that this looked like something that they would catch up to eventually and there was NO DOUBT, in my mind, that this was a bannable offense, if they so chose to do a mass banning.

I'm still not sure why you people get caught doing this stuff. Like I said, my original account I created back in 2006 got gamerscore reset and branded a cheater during this ordeal listed here:

http://majornelson.com/2009/04/28/gears-of-war-2-achievement-hacking-banning-has-begun/

I then considered the account trashed so I blatantly unlocked all 70k+ gamerscore I lost and so forth, banning the account, and starting anew in 2009.

I also got console banned around this same time, back when I modified pretty much everyones console. The hacked firmwares weren't as sophisticated as they are now.

I've done pretty much everything on this new account. I did the prestige rank 15 exploit in Black Ops I, never lost it like anyone else. I did the gamesharing in 2010 with modified accounts that banned a lot of people including my friend, never got banned. I've had periods where I haven't had access to a 360, which is why I've missed things like Earthworm Jim, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, and Assassin's Creed III, but I've been active again since June.

Every single regional account I've made has been with my own email address with the Gmail period trick (e.g.: [email protected] would be my main account, and then [email protected] would be Morocco, and then [email protected] would be Oman and then [email protected] would be Bosnia, this way all of my emails would hit my same primary email box.)

Looking at my history and everything, I've played Sonic Adventure from gamesharing one of those accounts downloaded online back in 2010, played it again now that I 'own' it, I've played Dark for about 3-4 hours, got a few achievements on Dragon's Lair, and booted up pretty much the rest of the games. To add insult to injury, and a double-whammy to Microsoft, my Bosnia account is a migrated Oman account, so I attached Fable III and Rayman Legends to the same account that has Injustice, Dark, and ArcaniA: Gothic 4.

I have no console ban and no account ban, but then again, none of you know my gamertag, so this anonymity is keeping me online. I have a good friend who doesn't have an account here and I basically told him every time there was a free game, and he hopped to it and created the necessary region accounts and he isn't banned either. Again, his gamertag isn't shared on this website where he is basically admitting to stealing like you guys are.

I obviously have no morals on this subject and don't care, which is why I took part in it too, but here you basically saying 'I downloaded X for free from Y region' and in your signature is your gamertag. Who to say Microsoft isn't reading threads from here, x360achievements (who have since purged any information on the subject, probably for the protection of all their users), and NeoGAF, amongst others, and simply going down the list and saying 'Hey, that guy downloaded Injustice! There is his gamertag, go ahead and ban him.'

I don't claim to know what the hell I'm talking about, but I speak on behalf of someone who knows how to avoid being caught by Microsoft's ban-hammer after doing so years ago.

Addendum: I live in the US, but I migrated my account back in August to Canada to grab games at a lower price (sometimes I have to obtain the games with VPNs which is another thing against the Xbox Live Terms of Service), and get a hell of a deal on a conversion of points (got 4000+1600 points yesterday, got $81.20 deposited into my account, and my purchases stay tax-free). Is anyone who is banned not from the US? Again, I don't claim to know, but I'm just as curious as the next person.

I wonder if using unofficial hard drives in your Xbox 360 will be the next big thing that they let slide for years that they'll ban for?
Probably not, if you understand how they work. The hard drives are flashed with the legitimate drives information, hence why the unofficial drives are never bigger than the official ones.

I obviously have no morals on this subject and don't care, which is why I took part in it too, but here you basically saying 'I downloaded X for free from Y region' and in your signature is your gamertag. Who to say Microsoft isn't reading threads from here, x360achievements (who have since purged any information on the subject, probably for the protection of all their users), and NeoGAF, amongst others, and simply going down the list and saying 'Hey, that guy downloaded Injustice! There is his gamertag, go ahead and ban him.'
I was gonna say something like this last night. From reading various forums, the emails some people shared specifically mentioned that their gamertag/acct was reported by someone. The only way that can happen is if they know your gamertag. It's possible some random is playing whistleblower and is reporting you all based on the forums, perhaps looking at your friends list on live and reporting them, etc. Or maybe MS is doing all this reading on their own...

They know which console something was downloaded to, and I believe they know which gamertags have been played on a given console. There's the link. I doubt there's any whistleblower(s).

Did you guys have to put in credit card info to create the fake accounts? Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the Xbox Live TOS. It's pretty clear that putting in false payment information is a violation, but I didn't see anything about false account info in general. Unless they consider all account information to be "payment information."

In any case, it's Microsoft's call, but I would question the wisdom of alienating a lot of their best customers and promoters (the kind of people who closely follow news and deals, play a ton of games, and regularly post about Xbox on message boards) right on the eve of an attractive-looking competitor console that's about to be released.

I told you guys in the pass, sure you considered it unlikely, but when you blatently disregard the ToS you agree to, than things like this happened, I am not glad any of you got banned, I wish you hadn't, but seriously, ANYONE should have KNOWN this was something that would get you in very hot water. I watched (almost) every time a game went free ANYWHERE people would just ignore consequences. "Hey they should have sent a email saying not to do it anymore, srsly... guyz... stawp..." No, they have no obligation to, this isn't like the bestbuy price error on GTAV, this is more like games being offered for free in different regions, so you lie, and falsely create an account saying that you are from said region, and then do a license transfer to your own console. That goes beyond "taking advantage of a pricing error". You were in fact breaking the rules, maybe technically even stealing. "But it was free, can't steal something free, DUH" Well here is the problem, it was free to people in BOSNIA, OR CHINA, OR ANY OF THE OTHER COUNTRIES, but it was NOT free in the UNITED STATES... where you are... in the united states microsoft says you need to pay $Z amount for the game, yet you took it for free by falsifying information... You got the game but microsoft did not get the price they set for it in the US. Now what does that seem like.

Also I had seen plenty of people say "This is against the ToS and you can get banned for doing this" that was pretty much every time one happened, so you should have known better, and if you chose to ignore the warnings, then this is justified in Microsoft's actions.

CaseX I see your gamertag isn't listed at all. Are you banned? Probably not.
Nope. Call me paranoid, but I have never mentioned my GT nor will I ever. ;)

Did you guys have to put in credit card info to create the fake accounts? Just out of curiosity, I took a look at the Xbox Live TOS. It's pretty clear that putting in false payment information is a violation, but I didn't see anything about false account info in general. Unless they consider all account information to be "payment information."
Nope. If I recall, all they asked for was your region. Didn't have to enter anything else in.

Well your paranoia has kept you unbanned. PM me if that changes and you get banned. I'd like to be the first to know.

Probably not, if you understand how they work. The hard drives are flashed with the legitimate drives information, hence why the unofficial drives are never bigger than the official ones.
So wait, you're saying that thousands of people are using a hard drive with the same serial number and MS couldn't track it down? I imagine they could ban people for that if they wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back