XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll keep this thread as up to date as I can for now. I really think the top candidates for taking the reigns are Cornelius and BobbyTastic since the contribute so much. However, it doesn't seem like they're here all that often (or maybe they are, they just don't comment much).

But for now, I'm not going to just let this thread die, it will be updated on Tuesday like normal. I've also wikified it (for the fourth time) so lets see if maybe that will stick.
I appreciate the recommendation. I'd probably only pick up the mantle if Cornelius (or anyone with a load of experience with the previous wiki) really didn't want it, as I know he does good work. I'd let Juice have it, but he doesn't seem to want it unless no one else does, and I can't remember how much experience he has with the Wiki.

I'm around, I just lurk most of the time because of the more recent discussion and since I got torn a new asshole over being worried the thread would be pruned because of all the off-off-topic discussion (like these bans for example), way back when.

What we could do, because this thread's getting pretty big anyways (at least on my end), is wait 'till we have a successor/wikis are fixed before making a new thread and then go from there.

As for sales stuff, I'm not sure what Activision could offer that I already don't have/have interest in. I know I'm going to pick up Terraria (since the Collector's Edition is still way too damn expensive), and Zeno Clash 2 though, so I've got something to buy this week at least.

Off-topic, but I finally got the Budokai HD Collection over the weekend, and Budokai 1 does not hold up, even in HD.. (who the fuck thought it was a bright idea to make an HD version of the original PS2 game instead of the ENHANCED gamecube port?) 3's lightyears ahead of it though, but the lack of original music in either is very disappointing. :( Tenkaichi HD Collection when?

Lastly, HALO 3 WILL FINALLY BE FREE AT THE END OF THE MONTH! Gonna get back into it before the community dies off again.

Minerva's Den is fantastic for those on the fence.

Is Tiny Tina's DLC worth $5? Or wait for it to drop further? Decisions decisions......

Halo 3? Are you fuck ing kidding me? Why would they give away a game from the worst franchise in gaming history, when there are so many others to choose from? fuck Halo and fuck Microsoft, I'm switching to PS4 just because of this.

Halo 3? Are you fuck ing kidding me? Why would they give away a game from the worst franchise in gaming history, when there are so many others to choose from? fuck Halo and fuck Microsoft, I'm switching to PS4 just because of this.
5f600f89_Not-sure-if-serious_zps1abd0433.jpeg

Switch to PS4?  That's so conformist, I'm switching to PS2!

I'm actually waiting until the Games With Gold ends before I play most of the games.  I don't want to get into say AC2 and then need the space to nab a different game.  So I've just reserved like 8GB of space on my HD and I nab the GWG games and then remove them.  I'll redownload them later.  The only one that's stayed on my HD is Defense Grid because of its small size.  Crackdown, AC2, M:TG are all games I'll get to at some point later for sure.

At this point though I just want the DLC sales to stop.  Actual games, please.

Is Tiny Tina's DLC worth $5? Or wait for it to drop further? Decisions decisions......
I will wait until the season pass hits half price.

Dude...

Agreed. I enjoyed them all but the Sir Hammerlock one. That one felt like a waste. And Tiny Tinas was amazing!
Yeah I think Tiny Tina and Captain Scarlett are the picks from that game, the other two (especially Hammerlock) weren't terrible or anything but just had a "been there done that" feel to them.

Yeah I think Tiny Tina and Captain Scarlett are the picks from that game, the other two (especially Hammerlock) weren't terrible or anything but just had a "been there done that" feel to them.
If I remember correctly I think Sir Hammerlocks DLC actually had a "Been there, done that" achievement. :lol:

I thought the Torgue DLC was fun too. Maybe just because Torgue is such a funny interesting character. Him and Tiny Tina are the most unique characters ever.

looks like a microfiche machine. atari 2600 was my first console.

minervas den, infinite and tiny tina are the steals for the week. if you like either ip, get all of these!

I was going to get Terraria tomorrow, but I zeroed out my account balance in fear of the ban hammer and dont want to give MS my CC number just for that. maybe the CE will get discounted at gamestop eventually.

Agreed. I enjoyed them all but the Sir Hammerlock one. That one felt like a waste. And Tiny Tinas was amazing!
Yeah sir hammerlock DLC was fucking trash couldn't even finish it.

I thought Torque was the best DLC I downloaded tiny tina but have yet to play it.

I don't mind doing it and I'm sure I can figure out the wiki but I just refuse to see this thread die. It's honestly what brought me to CAG.... Man I miss ReddJoey...

If I remember correctly I think Sir Hammerlocks DLC actually had a "Been there, done that" achievement. :lol:

I thought the Torgue DLC was fun too. Maybe just because Torgue is such a funny interesting character. Him and Tiny Tina are the most unique characters ever.
That is why the Tiny Tina DLC is so great.
Torgue's appearance in the Tiny Tina DLC was even better than his own DLC.

This. If you enjoy the Bioshock series, you really do owe it to yourself to play this. To me it's the ideal type of DLC for a single player game. Not just some quest in the same game but a standalone story inside the game world you enjoyed. Great stuff.

Unfortunately never started Bioshock 2. Opened my Special Edition from the $10 BB sale, one time i think.....Infinite was fun for what i played and ive got the $$ on my account but will just save for a big BF sale like 2-3 years ago.

Last years BF sale sucked

Any recommendations for Web of Shadows? $15 doesn't sound bad.
Its a great game. Its one of the funner spidey games. It has good open world, good story, cameos from other marvel characters, and branching story lines. I vouche for it. I got it three times and 100% it. It was just fun to play.

yeah...im going to have to get v8 at that price.

Any recommendations for Web of Shadows? $15 doesn't sound bad.
Best Spidey game this generation. Multiple endings, fun combat system, good story and great cameo's by Marvel characters that actually make a Spidey game feel like a part of the Marvel universe.

i heard v8 arcade is pretty terrible. 2.50 is nothing at all, but i just want to ask is the game worth the time of day? do people play it online, is there some fun in it, or is just so bad it's not worth bothering with. the couple reviews i checked out didn't say many good things.

Since Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions are only 9,99€ right now, IIRC those 2 spidey games were the best around..right? At least that's what I got from the last time they were on sale?

I genuinely enjoyed Web of Shadows. It's an open-world game whereas Shattered Dimensions is a bunch of linear stages.  Web of Shadows is akin to Prototype, the venom symbiote is slowly infecting the city and it gets progressively worse. 

I got really annoyed with Shattered Dimensions.  Its combat is boring, its bosses are annoying, and frankly just wasn't that fun.  It's one of those games that has really cool concept art and screen shots that get people hyped but doesn't really deliver.  It's cool to look at Noir Spider man and Spiderman 2099 but it's not really that fun to do stealth or fly down a tunnel...

I genuinely enjoyed Web of Shadows. It's an open-world game whereas Shattered Dimensions is a bunch of linear stages. Web of Shadows is akin to Prototype, the venom symbiote is slowly infecting the city and it gets progressively worse.

I got really annoyed with Shattered Dimensions. Its combat is boring, its bosses are annoying, and frankly just wasn't that fun. It's one of those games that has really cool concept art and screen shots that get people hyped but doesn't really deliver. It's cool to look at Noir Spider man and Spiderman 2099 but it's not really that fun to do stealth or fly down a tunnel...
Well thanks for the insight here, will probably only go for Web of Shadows then..linear stages with boring combats doesn't sound that good even if the artwork is kinda amazing hum ._."

Well thanks for the insight here, will probably only go for Web of Shadows then..linear stages with boring combats doesn't sound that good even if the artwork is kinda amazing hum ._."
Yeah, at this point Web of Shadows is still pretty old by open world game standards. I'd really like to see the latest "Amazing Spider-man" go on sale for PC or 360 at some point.

shattred dimensions was fun. its also a blatant ripoff of batman arkham asuylm in parts though. it was fun for a playthrough but didnt have as much replay value. It did have some cool scenes. I really liked when it switched into first person while fighting and you could see spideys hands and fight like that.

I didnt have as much fun with amazing spiderman. I did 100% it. It got tedious at the end. It just didnt have an exciting story. The graphics were great and I loved how his suit got tore upm It felt like a chore to finish it though. The side missions were boring.

zzzzz huh what? go rescue the affected again.zzzzz I allready did this in web of shadows.

i heard v8 arcade is pretty terrible. 2.50 is nothing at all, but i just want to ask is the game worth the time of day? do people play it online, is there some fun in it, or is just so bad it's not worth bothering with. the couple reviews i checked out didn't say many good things.
I bought the game way back in 2009 and the multiplayer was completely dead.The game is pretty fun but its not as good as the one on the PS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back