XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got THPS/HD & the add on pack.

So totally worth it.

I spent so much time with the originals back in the day.  I started playing this tonight and sucked for like 15 minutes then it all came back to me.

Hi guys. Just wondering what's up with september pricedowns? Wouldn't they have been happened already? Or MS is going to skip the month? Not that I really care with GTA around but I'd like to spend my remaining balance.

Also, tyler, it amazes me how well you are facing the situation. You are a gentleman.

tyler, i love you and all.. but fuck xbox, you should just close this thread. you help them with a ton of sales and they screwed you over.

let someone else take it over... i imagine there isn't alot of xbox live arcade fans, that are active on cag now-a-days.... because microsoft pissed alot of them off with the last wave of banning.

No. Their initial presentation of the Xbox One was definitely off-putting for me, there's no doubt about that. I've been more of a Sony guy the last 2 years anyway (I feel like their customer outreach and satisfaction programs are WAY better, but this isn't the place to discuss that) so Xbox One was never high on my wants list. But after they did their 180's I figured I'd grab one at some point down the line. But now that I got my Xbox Live account banned and can't carry it over to the next generation, there's really no reason for me to stick with them. Or want to support them.
I can agree with most of the sentiments expressed here. I have long since given up on brand loyalty to any individual video game hardware manufacturer and now only consider a few factors when it comes to my decision to buy software for any console. The Xbox 360 was a console I supported upon its initial release out of curiosity and excitement, even though the available software at launch was fairly sparse (this can be said about the launch of almost any console). Even after I bought a PS3, the main reason I bought most 3rd party titles on the Xbox 360 was either because the Xbox 360 version would perform slightly better (mostly during the time that development studios focused on Xbox 360 first and ported instead of starting with the PS3 as the lead platform which is more common now) or because the title was focused on online multiplayer and most of my friends played on Xbox Live.

Yet at this point, it seems to me as if Sony has seriously worked on garnering good will from Independent Developers (Indies) and video game enthusiasts while Microsoft treats this audience as an afterthought while trying to sell the Xbox One as an all-in-one entertainment center that just happens to also play video games. There are some exclusive games I am interested in for Xbox One (Remedy's Quantum Break looks fascinating and I loved Alan Wake), but I see absolutely no reason to adopt this system early when I can get the vast majority of my gaming needs fulfilled by my PC (Steam), PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360.

If you can find it, and have a Wii, get that version. Has Dragon's Lair I and II and Space Ace.
Already have those games in PC, but I wouldn't mind playing them on my xbox360, since it's my primary game system (I rarely play PC games, though I own a few).

I should have been paying more attention here. So apparently when the damn purchase page doesn't show you your balance now and you click on the purchase button to actually see it. When you get to the page that tells you, B button is not cancel like it is everywhere else....no it's then confirm.

Fabulous microsoft....really fabulous.

Also, tyler, I though people were getting console bans and not account bans? Was yours different or did I just hear wrong?

I got victimized by this myself. I bought Call of Juarez:Gunslinger for full price when it was on sale, because I couldn't see the account balance. MS support gave me bad info on getting my money back by contacting my bank. I'm not sure why it's so hard to issue a credit.

tyler, i love you and all.. but fuck xbox, you should just close this thread. you help them with a ton of sales and they screwed you over.

let someone else take it over... i imagine there isn't alot of xbox live arcade fans, that are active on cag now-a-days.... because microsoft pissed alot of them off with the last wave of banning.
Haha thanks. BobbyTastic will probably be creating a new XBL deals thread next week. It sounds like he still plans to wikify it if and when wiki's actually start working.

Has anyone played Hydrophobia?
It's a subpar game that feels unpolished and unfinished in pretty much every way, even after the major patch they did. The voice acting is especially awful.

The water physics are really the only unique and somewhat cool aspect of the game. I would only recommend picking this up, even for $2.50, if you're a huge fan of underwater disaster stories like "The Poseidon Adventure" and want to experience the closest thing there is to a video game version of that.

I don't see how anyone would be pissed off about this last wave of bannings. You do know it's fraud to say furnish a fake OR address to not pay WA sales tax, right? You'd have to be crazy to think you could set up foreign accounts in countries that don't even have their own marketplace, exploit glitches to get games to ring up for free, and m$ wouldn't do anything. I got in on D&D Daggerdale, Ikaruga, Toy Soldiers, Maw, and a few others I think.. I was away from my console when those dozen arcade games went up, but none of them really appealed to me anyways. Seriously tho, you guys thought you could steal Injustice and the new Rayman and they'd just let that slide? I've done the region switching thing like I said, but I knew the whole time it was a bannable offense and even if I had been in town I wouldn't have moved on Rayman or Injustice. Too high chances for a backlash on AAA games.

M$ is not losing out on business from those they banned. They have 50 million subscribers, and I seriously doubt more than 200 people were able to take advantage of the glitches before they were fixed. The vast majority of shoppers on XBL are not following CAG, they don't wait 12 months for a game to go on sale before considering it, they don't balk when a game is only 30% off, they aren't comparison shopping between digital and used, etc. Most people just buy CoD map packs when they come out. And aside from only losing gamers that are cheap ass, they didn't ban anyone for that. They banned people for committing FRAUD, which is a felony. Should be happy they aren't pressing charges and just made off with your account balance. I'd love to hear someone try to tell a judge they thought it was legit to create/migrate an Oman account, go through a whole backdoor workaround just to get the games to show up, pay nothing for them, and it was all cool cause m$ set that price. Which isn't even the case, since Oman/Bosnia don't have marketplaces.

I really appreciate all the work Tyler and others have put in here and I am in no way happy or smug that anyone else got banned. It just didn't come as a surprise to me at all.

the game has been cancelled.
Yeah NCAA Football has been cancelled, all platforms. The dev team has all either been laid off or reassigned to Madden.

I was holding out hope but... odds are with them dismantling the team they won't come back to it.

With no more NCAA Football games coming down the pipeline, NCAA 14 is going to be full price for years and years probably. It's too bad, I wish it had happened to Madden instead.

I've been playing the Revert Pack for Tony Hawk HD and... yup, I really do like the THPS3 levels best of all apparently. Spent way too much time on Airport and Los Angeles already. Canada is meh, but I thought that for the original too. If you have the game already and not the Revert Pack, and weren't thrilled with the levels HD comes with, you should try the Revert Pack.

So I've had my Xbox for about 2 years now and just realized I only have like 7 or 8 friends on there. I'm bored at work so am going to send requests to some of you guys that list your gamertag. Feel free to accept or ignore. With the mass bannings, I wonder how many of these gamertags are actually active...

^^ Do you not play multiplayer or online co-op games?  My friends list is 1 shy of being full and that's mostly from people adding me while playing online.

I would have quoted you but the only option I have at work is to use the "More Reply Options." I'll post under Upgrade for my problem.

You can add me "BrassyLobster" but my gold expired yesterday so I won't be playing on-line until at least the 16th. Why then? It's the next time for the free game.

I usually play Happy Wars which can be a little addicting. It's the only reason I have about 20 friends on my list.

I would have quoted you but the only option I have at work is to use the "More Reply Options." I'll post under Upgrade for my problem.

You can add me "BrassyLobster" but my gold expired yesterday so I won't be playing on-line until at least the 16th. Why then? It's the next time for the free game.

I usually play Happy Wars which can be a little addicting. It's the only reason I have about 20 friends on my list.
Funnily enough Happy Wars is also the only game I've spent a significant amount of time playing online. It isn't very balanced at all, and can be very annoying, but there's just something I can't quite put my finger on that makes it very addicting :joystick:

^^ Do you not play multiplayer or online co-op games? My friends list is 1 shy of being full and that's mostly from people adding me while playing online.
My 360 is in my basement, so I'm not on it as much as PS3 (HDMI inputs are becoming a premium in my house). But I have been Gold since I joined and I do play Halo now and again (mostly team deathmatch, so not much of a need for friends to cooperate with). That's where my 8ish friends came from, lol. Like most of us my backlog is pretty unruly so when I finally get around to playing some games I feel guilty playing online when I could be playing something I haven't beaten yet.

I'm just interested in having some CAGs on my friends list to see what they're playing and maybe join them in an online session if I see 'em. I don't post in this thread super regularly, but I do read it regularly and like the little community here.

My Gamertag is MPaullin for all who are interested.

Cool.. added.

Edit: And I'm guessing neither of you were able to quote my post? I have no idea why that is. Might explain why I sometimes post questions that go unanswered (not necessarily in here, but around). Or maybe I just ask dumb questions.

My 360 is in my basement, so I'm not on it as much as PS3 (HDMI inputs are becoming a premium in my house). But I have been Gold since I joined and I do play Halo now and again (mostly team deathmatch, so not much of a need for friends to cooperate with). That's where my 8ish friends came from, lol. Like most of us my backlog is pretty unruly so when I finally get around to playing some games I feel guilty playing online when I could be playing something I haven't beaten yet.

I'm just interested in having some CAGs on my friends list to see what they're playing and maybe join them in an online session if I see 'em. I don't post in this thread super regularly, but I do read it regularly and like the little community here.

My Gamertag is MPaullin for all who are interested.

Cool.. added.

Edit: And I'm guessing neither of you were able to quote my post? I have no idea why that is. Might explain why I sometimes post questions that go unanswered (not necessarily in here, but around). Or maybe I just ask dumb questions.
Cool, I'll go add you then. Also in regards to HDMI ports, you might want to "invest" in one of these ^_^

So I've had my Xbox for about 2 years now and just realized I only have like 7 or 8 friends on there. I'm bored at work so am going to send requests to some of you guys that list your gamertag. Feel free to accept or ignore. With the mass bannings, I wonder how many of these gamertags are actually active...
I only have 3 friends on XBox Live, although I very rarely play multiplayer games. It would be nice to have more people to compete against in games with Leaderboards or EA's Autolog, so feel free to add me. If anyone else wants to add me, go ahead. I'm Zborno on XB Live and Corvelay on PS3.

I only have 3 friends on XBox Live, although I very rarely play multiplayer games. It would be nice to have more people to compete against in games with Leaderboards or EA's Autolog, so feel free to add me. If anyone else wants to add me, go ahead. I'm Zborno on XB Live and Corvelay on PS3.
Is Corvelay a Seinfeld reference? Lol. Great show.

Is that you, tyler? Where is coach mcguirk? I'm afraid of change.

Re: HDMI inputs, I might need one of those switchers soon with next gen launches, so thanks. But I guess I should mention my wife's patience with me squeezing another console into the entertainment center is also at a premium. Best to have the consoles distributed between a few TVs ;)

Re: HDMI inputs, I might need one of those switchers soon with next gen launches, so thanks. But I guess I should mention my wife's patience with me squeezing another console into the entertainment center is also at a premium. Best to have the consoles distributed between a few TVs ;)
Well there's always this, depending on how much of a premium you mean ;)

Is that you, tyler? Where is coach mcguirk? I'm afraid of change.
Yeah avatar changes are a huge deal on CAG. I recognize pretty much everyone by their avatars. I decided I wouldn't change my avatar as long as I was the OP of the XBL thread, but since that's coming to an end next week I figured I was due for a change.

Yeah avatar changes are a huge deal on CAG. I recognize pretty much everyone by their avatars. I decided I wouldn't change my avatar as long as I was the OP of the XBL thread, but since that's coming to an end next week I figured I was due for a change.
A switch from a personal favorite (Coach McGuirk) to another favorite (Killface) works for me. I'm slow to the party of thanking you for all you did in this topic, but.... thanks for doing a great job.

I will usually "quote" but I think the upgrade still has bugs to be fixed.

If anyone else want to add me, feel free - BrassyLobster - but I'm only a casual gamer online. 

That... is pretty sweet. A bit out of my cheap ass budget, but maybe someday. Does something like that have any lag or compromises to picture quality?
I don't own one personally, but it doesn't seem to have any lag/picture degradation, provided you don't have a lot of other wireless devices running on the same frequency nearby (which seems to only be a problem in certain office scenarios). It's out of my price range too, but I'd sure as heck love to get one someday if it became reasonably cheap :)

I think the truth is you are on the run from Microsoft's Policy Enforcement Team. Changing your Avatar wont hide you well enough! First they took your licenses, this time they take you!

On a related note, anyone have a recommendation on the Weapon X arena...the game is 5 years old now, and the only reason I even want the DLC is because it was a pre order bonus... Just wondering if it'll ever likely drop again (doubtful I know, seeing as I think this may be the second time ever its dropped) or even if its really worth it at all...

So is it just apps like Netflix and stuff going free this weekend without Gold, or is it everything? Like can I buy Zeno Clash 2 for the discounted price without being a Gold member and play GTA V online? I only ask because I just got my new Xbox Live 12 Month Card from Amazon yesterday and haven't put it in yet, so I want to maximize my Gold time if this weekend is going to be free. My biggest concern right now is Netflix and that Zeno Clash 2 discount though.

So is it just apps like Netflix and stuff going free this weekend without Gold, or is it everything? Like can I buy Zeno Clash 2 for the discounted price without being a Gold member and play GTA V online? I only ask because I just got my new Xbox Live 12 Month Card from Amazon yesterday and haven't put it in yet, so I want to maximize my Gold time if this weekend is going to be free. My biggest concern right now is Netflix and that Zeno Clash 2 discount though.
I'm pretty sure it works the same as trial codes, meaning you won't be able to access sales. Just put your new code in on Monday after the free weekend but before the sale is dead.

Yeah NCAA Football has been cancelled, all platforms. The dev team has all either been laid off or reassigned to Madden.

I was holding out hope but... odds are with them dismantling the team they won't come back to it.

With no more NCAA Football games coming down the pipeline, NCAA 14 is going to be full price for years and years probably. It's too bad, I wish it had happened to Madden instead.

I've been playing the Revert Pack for Tony Hawk HD and... yup, I really do like the THPS3 levels best of all apparently. Spent way too much time on Airport and Los Angeles already. Canada is meh, but I thought that for the original too. If you have the game already and not the Revert Pack, and weren't thrilled with the levels HD comes with, you should try the Revert Pack.
It's only $30 on Amazon Warehouse right now. Their regular price is only $40, so I think it'll drop like other games. No idea about GoD.

It's a subpar game that feels unpolished and unfinished in pretty much every way, even after the major patch they did. The voice acting is especially awful.

The water physics are really the only unique and somewhat cool aspect of the game. I would only recommend picking this up, even for $2.50, if you're a huge fan of underwater disaster stories like "The Poseidon Adventure" and want to experience the closest thing there is to a video game version of that.
Haha, you just had to mention "The Poseidon Adventure". That was a load of fun.

Also, my GT is the same as my username, if anyone's interested. I'm not expecting a ban anytime soon either.

Haha, you just had to mention "The Poseidon Adventure". That was a load of fun.
I love that movie!

tumblr_m7wofnn4nC1qedb29o1_500.gif

It's only $30 on Amazon Warehouse right now. Their regular price is only $40, so I think it'll drop like other games. No idea about GoD.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's listed at $59.00 from Amazon first-party new. Starting at $35.00 new via third-party of varying validity and quality. (For perspective Amazon lists it used *starting* at $40. For more perspective Amazon first-party already has Madden 25 at only $35 new)

The only NCAA game listed in Amazon Warehouse is NCAA 09 for Wii.

No, it's going to be around $50-60 for a long time. There will be no NCAA 15 released to drive 14's price down, and there will also be no competing games on the market in coming years. And I bet next summer they capitalize on fan rosters and the new season giving 14's sales a small spike by leaving 14 at $50 or above.

I sent friend requests to a couple people on here. If anyone else is looking for more XBL friends feel free to add me. I don't play online a ton but am starting to get more into it. GT is Feeni.

No, it's going to be around $50-60 for a long time. There will be no NCAA 15 released to drive 14's price down, and there will also be no competing games on the market in coming years. And I bet next summer they capitalize on fan rosters and the new season giving 14's sales a small spike by leaving 14 at $50 or above.
If they keep the rosters updated then the price will stay up. If they do not, the price will go down. The big difference between NCAA and Nascar games is that NCAA gets a ton of new players every year, whereas Nascar doesn't get hundreds of new drivers every year.

I'm pretty sure it works the same as trial codes, meaning you won't be able to access sales. Just put your new code in on Monday after the free weekend but before the sale is dead.
Eh, more interested in Zeno Clash 2 than GTA V at the moment, will just put it in today I guess. Thanks for the info though, would have held off if the sales were open.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It's listed at $59.00 from Amazon first-party new. Starting at $35.00 new via third-party of varying validity and quality. (For perspective Amazon lists it used *starting* at $40. For more perspective Amazon first-party already has Madden 25 at only $35 new)

The only NCAA game listed in Amazon Warehouse is NCAA 09 for Wii.
I got it for $30 from AWD earlier today--it was at that price for PS3 and Xbox for several hours. Amazon's selling it on back order for $40. The $60 price is from Hastings and other retailers.

I think you're right that demand will be higher than usual, but the relentless bitch that is time and new console cycles make me think prices will keep dropping. Can't be proved or disproved right now, though. I personally got it because I'm betting the community will keep it updated. Plus, 14 did have a bunch of major improvements over 13 beyond roster updates.

Nothing personal, but it's been mentioned at least once a day for the past couple of days (if not more) already.  No, free weekends (and free trials) do not give you access to Gold sale prices/free stuff.

Edit:

AND it's stated in the OP.  2nd and 3rd questions.  smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back