XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'ma use the 20$ i have in reward certificates and get Far Cry 3 tomorrow... maybe get lucky and do the buy 2 get 1 free...

at my local best buy, one of the main customer service guys is gay..... prolly make my girlfriend wait in the car.... i'm going to try some of my moves and hope to get him to price match the Buy 2 get one free from target....
if successful i'll get 2 copies of Far Cry 3 (one to sell) and a Kingdoms of Amular ....

either way i'll be paying at least $10 out of pocket which should give me the free 500 points from the facebook promotion....

we CAGs have no shame for good deals!

[quote name='fei33']Okay. What DLC's for Sleeping Dogs are worth buying on sale? I am definitely picking up the Nightmare at North Point, but are there any other ones on sale that people highly recommend?[/QUOTE]
Wondering the same thing myself, and here's what I decided (in order)
  • Nightmare at North Point ... obvious, since it has cheevos! (4-5hr)
  • Dragon Master ... combo of 5 other packs: the Police Protection Pack, the Martial Arts Pack, the Deep Undercover Pack, the GSP Pack, and the Triad Enforcer Pack.
  • Red Envelope Pack ... adds a scavenger hunt to the main game
  • SWAT Pack ... adds additional side missions (1hr)

And then there's the non-sale DLC that also have missions ... so just wait awhile & they'll eventually drop:
  • Year of the Snake (4-5hrs)
  • Zodiac Tournament (1hr)
  • Wheels of Fury (1hr)

Thanks Cornelius didn't know that the Swat Pack had missions. I will ​​thoroughly enjoy bashing criminals with impunity like the Punisher.
The Dragon Pack has extra missions too, 2 Triad and 1 Police http://sleepingdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Master_Pack. That is also looking like a good deal now.
Just noticed that Ghost Pig pack and Community Pack are free.
And curse Square for not putting the Goku [monkey king] pack on sale.

With the new deals coming up, anybody know if the Beyond Good and Evil triple pack is coming to the US. Not really interested in Dust, but having BG&E and Outland on disc would be really nice.

[quote name='skonson']In saying that, I'm now in a PAL region (moved to Australia with my Canadian NTSC Xbox). I'm curious if I bought a local PAL Xbox at some point if I'd be able to play some of this region locked Euro games. Can you or anyone confirm this? I guess I just don't know if it's more of the fact that things are locked to a physical region like DVDS or if it's a PAL/NTSC thingy.
[/QUOTE]
I had a NTSC-US 360 when I lived in Australia, too, and from experience and research, the Games on Demand versions of games seem to have the exact region-locking as their disc versions (I have yet to find an exception). But the largest barrier for GoD regionability is the IP restriction. It's not enforced on all games, but plenty of GoDdies need you to be in the region you're buying from - and Hungary is Hungary, so even the Swiss and the Italians can't usually buy from there (or from each other), despite all being best PALs.

To sum up: if the game is IP-locked, you'll need to be there to get it from there.

If the game is not IP-locked, you'll still need a correct-model 360 for the game's region if the game is region-locked.

Another quick example: El Shaddai was recently on sale, not IP-locked, but the game itself is completely region-locked (on disc, and therefore on GoD too). So even though I'm in Asia at the moment, I could buy it and download it to my NTSC-US 360. Wouldn't have worked with my NTSC-J 360, though.

Play-Asia is a good resource for checking 360 game region-locking - much more so now that they've added European 360 games to their catalog.

[quote name='Cornelius']Wondering the same thing myself, and here's what I decided (in order)
  • Nightmare at North Point ... obvious, since it has cheevos! (4-5hr)
  • Dragon Master ... combo of 5 other packs: the Police Protection Pack, the Martial Arts Pack, the Deep Undercover Pack, the GSP Pack, and the Triad Enforcer Pack.
  • Red Envelope Pack ... adds a scavenger hunt to the main game
  • SWAT Pack ... adds additional side missions (1hr)

And then there's the non-sale DLC that also have missions ... so just wait awhile & they'll eventually drop:
  • Year of the Snake (4-5hrs)
  • Zodiac Tournament (1hr)
  • Wheels of Fury (1hr)
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply! Those all seem like solid choices. I wanted to only pick up the DLC that actually added content rather than paying for cosmetic upgrades. Even so, I was a huge fan of Deus Ex: Human Revolution so the Square Enix Character Pack was tempting - if it actually included some character-specific missions for Adam Jensen, Agent 47, and Rico Rodriguez, I would have definitely bought it.

Wheels of Fury, Year of the Snake, and Wheels of Fury look good too, but I would rather wait for a sale.

In addition to the Ubisoft sale, so far there's Rotastic for 400 (50% off of 800). Could be a price drop I don't know.

That looks good, I'll probably pick that up.

Tons of repeats this week (i feel like Rayman 3 is on sale every week for past few months). Already have everything decent from the list. Waiting patiently for that Capcom Arcade Cabinet deal and The Cave sale. ^^

So the Prince of Persia Epilogue (400MSP/50% off) says it adds "hours of additional gameplay". Those who have played it, is it worth it? How many hours are they talking about? May be finally dragging this game out of my backlog.

[quote name='eugaet']So the Prince of Persia Epilogue (400MSP/50% off) says it adds "hours of additional gameplay". Those who have played it, is it worth it? How many hours are they talking about? May be finally dragging this game out of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely NOT: it is a summary of some of the worst parts of PoP 2008 (enclosed spaces, dull colors, bad platforming), plus it spits on the nearly perfect ending the original game had. Its only redeeming quality is that it's extremely short: they used "hours" as plural of "hour", since it will take you 2 hours maximum if you're going for the collectibles.
I admit to have completed Epilogue only for achievements, but I'm pretending it never existed in the first place...

[quote name='Junpei']Absolutely NOT: it is a summary of some of the worst parts of PoP 2008 (enclosed spaces, dull colors, bad platforming), plus it spits on the nearly perfect ending the original game had. Its only redeeming quality is that it's extremely short: they used "hours" as plural of "hour", since it will take you 2 hours maximum if you're going for the collectibles.[/QUOTE]
Agree with this. I didn't even finish the Epilogue it was so lame. The main game is great and ends on the perfect note. Just ignore the Epilogue.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']Is Mini Ninjas worth the 10 bucks?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was worth $10. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who craves challenge or a serious tone. It's a good looking game, a somewhat unique cartoon blend of Western aesthetic in an Eastern setting. Despite being a kid friendly title the combat has a little bit of depth. Button mashing will generally work but there's some options in terms of stealth and magic.

[quote name='sicsonic']In addition to the Ubisoft sale, so far there's Rotastic for 400 (50% off of 800). Could be a price drop I don't know.

That looks good, I'll probably pick that up.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was great. Feels like a mobile game that was ported to XBLA for some unknown reason. It's ok in small bursts, but it's nothing special.

Just curious. Does everyone else who buys something from the Hungarian market place via the website have to enter the security code sent to your alternate email every single time? It's sorta annoying.

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']Is there anyway to download the Sales & Specials app anymore?[/QUOTE]

yes, but its not under apps. i believe you have to search under the games tab.

[quote name='eugaet']So the Prince of Persia Epilogue (400MSP/50% off) says it adds "hours of additional gameplay". Those who have played it, is it worth it? How many hours are they talking about? May be finally dragging this game out of my backlog.[/QUOTE]
Only buy it if you're a completionist. It is not fun at all. Think of all the parts in the main game that made you want to throw your controller (wall climbing with corruption blobs everywhere) and multiply the difficulty by three. Then add a speed run to it. Super cheap deaths abound, and there's really no payoff for all your trouble.

[quote name='ooga']Just curious. Does everyone else who buys something from the Hungarian market place via the website have to enter the security code sent to your alternate email every single time? It's sorta annoying.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I had to fill out the address/zip code info the first time but I just made my 2nd purchase ~30 minutes ago and met no prompts or other resistance.

[quote name='ooga']Just curious. Does everyone else who buys something from the Hungarian market place via the website have to enter the security code sent to your alternate email every single time? It's sorta annoying.[/QUOTE]

i have to lots of times

I'm pretty sure I have to do this on the American website. I'm sure there's probably a way for the system to "remember my computer" but I haven't looked into it. I just have them text me a code though, a lot simpler than getting it in an alternate email.

Also, I'm gonna dive into the OP for a bit.

Done already. MS made it easy this week, all that still needs to be done is remove the Square Enix info once the deals expire. Oh, and the title, I'll get that in a minute.

So I just grabbed the Dragon Master and Swat pack for Sleeping Dogs today.
The other day I got the two DLC packs for Tomb Raider Underworld and the Missing Link for Deus Ex.

ABOUT THE OP: In regards to the probable price drops (this weeks being Rotastic and Tour de France) I'm wondering if these are getting buried to far down in the OP and people are missing them? I highlighted the 2 new ones this week with *New this week* labels but I'm wondering in the future if we should give all newly announced probable price drops a full week higher up in the OP before merging them into the monthly price drops section. Thoughts?

[quote name='tylerh1701']ABOUT THE OP: In regards to the probable price drops (this weeks being Rotastic and Tour de France) I'm wondering if these are getting buried to far down in the OP and people are missing them? I highlighted the 2 new ones this week with *New this week* labels but I'm wondering in the future if we should give all newly announced probable price drops a full week higher up in the OP before merging them into the monthly price drops section. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
It only seems like they're far down in the OP because of the large number of items in the Square Enix sale. I think that's a good thing. (I'm just referring to fact that there's an extra sale, not commenting on subjective views of the worthiness of what's on sale.)

I've been putting the date after unannounced drops, but bringing more attention to the new drops (top of the list, different font color) doesn't hurt. I'm a bit curious, though, why Dashboard listings are the only confirmation for an announced drop. Seems like a developer or publisher announcing it should also qualify.

[quote name='Bloomy']I've been putting the date after unannounced drops, but bringing more attention to the new drops (top of the list, different font color) doesn't hurt. I'm a bit curious, though, why Dashboard listings are the only confirmation for an announced drop. Seems like a developer or publisher announcing it should also qualify.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with this. I'd like to see it as CONFIRMED and UNCONFIRMED price drops, and use dev and pub confirmations as a source.

First off I want to thank Tyler, Bloomy and Cornelius for maintaining the OP in such an organized and clear way.
Second just wanted to say that the following are also on sale:

Assassin’s Creed 2 Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations 280 (50% off)
Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations Battle of Forli 160 (50% off)
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes 600 (50% off)
Splinter Cell Conviction – Deniable Ops: Insurgency 400 (50% off)

Anybody know if we are getting non gold sales this week?

^Thanks. Looks like XBLDB just caught those...not sure if that is MS doing price changes at different times or something that XBLDB just missed. Regardless, one of us will get it in the OP soon. I'm going to lunch now but will do it when I get back if it's not already done.

So Mark of the Ninja is getting DLC with new items, a flashback level with Dosan (the tattoo artist) and commentary for levels. I Feel obligated to get this out of the sense that Mark of the Ninja is probably the best XBLA game I've played.

And new Strider game coming to XBLA and PSN! ...from the makers of Front Mission Evolved and Silent Hill Homecoming, well my excitement was there for 3 seconds.

[quote name='the Gooseler']Anybody know if we are getting non gold sales this week?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about the this as well. Don't Games on Demand discounts happened at the same time of DOTW deals? I guess there's nothing for us this week.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I'm curious about the this as well. Don't Games on Demand discounts happened at the same time of DOTW deals? I guess there's nothing for us this week.[/QUOTE]
Any of the "unannounced" GoD markdowns could potentially be sales, though most of those prices are so inflated, you'll do better picking up new/used discs, especially when there are "buy 2 get 1 free" deals currently happening.
-
[quote name='tylerh1701']I definitely agree with this. I'd like to see it as CONFIRMED and UNCONFIRMED price drops, and use dev and pub confirmations as a source.[/QUOTE]
When I modified the Markdown section, I chose "unannounced" over "unconfirmed", because the latter sounded like we don't even know how to click on an item & see the price on the Marketplace. It's all just text, though, and yeah, I agree sometimes publishers know more about their pricing than those running the Dashboard. :lol:

Otherwise ... all done with my edits ... I removed the SquEnix sale, and moved some of February's "unannounced" markdowns to official March announcements, plus I added spoilers to February to diminish their stature. Lastly, Harmonix announced April 2nd is the last day for official DLC, so I've trimmed that section down to the essentials.

And yes, the S&S+ app is still showing old content ... so old that the DOTW is still "GTA IV", so it's still in process of getting new content this week. This delay in refreshing the DOTW, plus the holdovers of "Bionic Commando 1 & 2" and "Ninja Gaiden 3 DLC" as the Scratch & ChainReaction offers, suggest the app will either:
  1. be modified/improved soon, or
  2. will become non-functional like the previously similar Destination Arcade app.
And if it dies ... well ... then it was a great run for such a :censored: promotion. :applause:

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I'm curious about the this as well. Don't Games on Demand discounts happened at the same time of DOTW deals? I guess there's nothing for us this week.[/QUOTE]

Non-DotW sales don't actually happen every week, even though we've been getting a lot of them recently. There's nothing this week besides the DotW and a couple random XBLA markdowns.

[quote name='Cornelius']When I modified the Markdown section, I chose "unannounced" over "unconfirmed", because the latter sounded like we don't even know how to click on an item & see the price on the Marketplace. It's all just text, though, and yeah, I agree sometimes publishers know more about their pricing than those running the Dashboard. :lol:

Otherwise ... all done with my edits ... I removed the SquEnix sale, and moved some of February's "unannounced" markdowns to official March announcements, plus I added spoilers to February to diminish their stature. Lastly, Harmonix announced April 2nd is the last day for official DLC, so I've trimmed that section down to the essentials.

And yes, the S&S+ app is still showing old content ... so old that the DOTW is still "GTA IV", so it's still in process of getting new content this week. This delay in refreshing the DOTW, plus the holdovers of "Bionic Commando 1 & 2" and "Ninja Gaiden 3 DLC" as the Scratch & ChainReaction offers, suggest the app will either:
  1. be modified/improved soon, or
  2. will become non-functional like the previously similar Destination Arcade app.
And if it dies ... well ... then it was a great run for such a :censored: promotion. :applause:[/QUOTE]

That's a good point, unannounced does sound better. But if a game is confirmed by a developer or publisher to get a price drop, I'll probably start listing it under "Announced" rather than "Unannounced".

As for the S&S App, I for one am missing it already.

[quote name='canvasch']I'ma use the 20$ i have in reward certificates and get Far Cry 3 tomorrow... maybe get lucky and do the buy 2 get 1 free...

at my local best buy, one of the main customer service guys is gay..... prolly make my girlfriend wait in the car.... i'm going to try some of my moves and hope to get him to price match the Buy 2 get one free from target....
if successful i'll get 2 copies of Far Cry 3 (one to sell) and a Kingdoms of Amular ....

either way i'll be paying at least $10 out of pocket which should give me the free 500 points from the facebook promotion....

we CAGs have no shame for good deals![/QUOTE]

:roll: Wow that's rather presumptuous of you. Not every gay person is attracted to someone of the same gender just like straight people aren't attracted to every one of the opposite gender.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, tempted for Outland, wish it was 75% off:/[/QUOTE]

Outland is worth full price and one of my favorite XBLA games. It's an excellent Metroidvania game with hints of Ikaruga. Half price is a great deal.

[quote name='tylerh1701']As for the S&S App, I for one am missing it already.[/QUOTE]

Me too. :cry:

I didn't see this mentioned in here but saw it on X360A. There's a Spring Sale happening from March 26 to April 2. The teaser page shows 5 sales items in each category: XBLA, GonD, DLC and movies. I hope Microsoft keeps up these non-DOTW/publisher/event sales to make up for the loss of the S&S+ app.

Battleblock Theater is coming April 3 for 1200 MSP. I wonder if it has any chance of selling anywhere near as well as Castle Crashers has over time. I personally don't think so, but maybe the "Avatar" effect will kick in.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I didn't see this mentioned in here but saw it on X360A. There's a Spring Sale happening from March 26 to April 2. The teaser page shows 5 sales items in each category: XBLA, GonD, DLC and movies. I hope Microsoft keeps up these non-DOTW/publisher/event sales to make up for the loss of the S&S+ app.[/QUOTE]
That's on the UK marketplace. Switching en-gb to en-US in the URL gets a page not found. Maybe the US marketplace hasn't updated yet, maybe it's EU only (de-de, it-it, fr-fr and es-es all have the page in their respective language).

[quote name='Bloomy']That's on the UK marketplace. Switching en-gb to en-US in the URL gets a page not found. Maybe the US marketplace hasn't updated yet, maybe it's EU only (de-de, it-it, fr-fr and es-es all have the page in their respective language).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that too, but usually we get the same sales in the US and UK so hopefully we'll see that sale.

I think I'll be picking up BattleBlock Theater at launch even if it's 1200 MSP. My friends and I had a lot of fun playing it and I'm a sucker for a good platformer. Plus the multiplayer was fun and there's a lot of content to justify buying it at launch which is very rare for me. The Behemoth rocks too so I like supporting them. I'll be visiting them at PAX East this week (it'll be my first time in Boston) and I visited them at PAX Prime 2010 and they were really awesome. I guess I'm a fangirl lol.

Without breaking the NDA, I'll say that Battleblock Theater, though fun, was not quite the mindblowing experience I thought it would be. I'll definitely pick it up on sale but definitely won't be grabbing it at launch. Granted, I only got to play for about three hours... heh

I probably could've waited for repeats on the Deus Ex DLC and Nightmare in North Point, but my doubts of seeing a Tomb Raider Underworld DLC sale reprisal anytime soon prompted me to jump on all of the above. Paid full price for those points too... argh! At least this week will give me a breather; other than the Lost Archive pack for ACR, I've got everything I want.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Without breaking the NDA, I'll say that Battleblock Theater, though fun, was not quite the mindblowing experience I thought it would be. I'll definitely pick it up on sale but definitely won't be grabbing it at launch. Granted, I only got to play for about three hours... heh[/QUOTE]

It was the mindblowing experience I never thought it would be. I played it everyday for the week of the beta and i couldn't get enough of the story, multiplayer, and level editor.

I'm still wanting to play it really bad.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Battleblock Theater is coming April 3 for 1200 MSP. I wonder if it has any chance of selling anywhere near as well as Castle Crashers has over time. I personally don't think so, but maybe the "Avatar" effect will kick in.[/QUOTE]

It's so much more fun then Castle Crashers, it's unbelievable. There so much more to do in Battleblock Theatre. I honestly won't understand how this game won't be more popular then Castle Crashers. It's a better game, that's for sure.

And you can take my opinion with probably more then a grain of salt, 2D beat-em-ups and platformers are my very favorite kind of video games.

I'm buying it at 1200, it's one of those rare games where it's worth it to me and I know it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Battleblock Theater is coming April 3 for 1200 MSP. I wonder if it has any chance of selling anywhere near as well as Castle Crashers has over time. I personally don't think so, but maybe the "Avatar" effect will kick in.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so either. It's not a bad game, but I didn't find it anywhere near as appealing as Castle Crashers. They should've priced it at 800, though it does admittedly have a lot of features. Sicsonic - wow, different strokes, I guess. :)

I'll have to join the "Underwhelmed by Battleblock Theatre Beta" club as well. To be fair I've never understood all the love for Castle Crashers, but I think I enjoyed Battleblock even less than CC.

Castle Crashers was a phenomenon when it came out and took over the service for a while in terms of mindshare. I doubt that the new game will be able to pull off the same feat, especially since they haven't really done much to get the game out there to create hype anywhere close to what they had for Castle Crashers.

[quote name='Cleaner7']:roll: Wow that's rather presumptuous of you. Not every gay person is attracted to someone of the same gender just like straight people aren't attracted to every one of the opposite gender.[/QUOTE]

Presumptuous, but not a horrible assumption. Men are easy, no matter their orientation. Just a hormonal fact of life. :)

Edit: I forgot why I originally hit reply. Outland seemed like it should be a great game but then it never quite "hooked" me when I tried the demo a while back. Maybe I'll give the demo another go cause the game does look like it should be fun.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Castle Crashers was a phenomenon when it came out and took over the service for a while in terms of mindshare. I doubt that the new game will be able to pull off the same feat, especially since they haven't really done much to get the game out there to create hype anywhere close to what they had for Castle Crashers.[/QUOTE]

Obviously.

I think the argument is which game is better... and I can not understand how anyone can say Battleblock Theatre is not WAY deeper then Castle Crashers.

Which may not mean better, I think it just comes down to preference of beat-em-ups or platformers. But clearly, overall, BBT is more well-designed, and clearly has more content and replayability.

But most people will pass, and miss out on that because of the hype of CC that still rolls on.

How anyone can say anything in CC is more exciting then a good Ball Game between 4 focused players is beyond me.

[quote name='sicsonic']It was the mindblowing experience I never thought it would be. I played it everyday for the week of the beta and i couldn't get enough of the story, multiplayer, and level editor.

I'm still wanting to play it really bad.

It's so much more fun then Castle Crashers, it's unbelievable. There so much more to do in Battleblock Theatre. I honestly won't understand how this game won't be more popular then Castle Crashers. It's a better game, that's for sure.

And you can take my opinion with probably more then a grain of salt, 2D beat-em-ups and platformers are my very favorite kind of video games.

I'm buying it at 1200, it's one of those rare games where it's worth it to me and I know it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I didn't think I'd like BBT that much, but that was based on me only seeing the original teaser trailer and not following it since so I didn't know what to expect from the game. When I played the beta I went in with zero expectations and came out really excited. I didn't even know it was really a platformer. I thought it was going to be mindless arena matches like in Castle Crashers so that's probably why I liked it more than others. Seeing all the features I actively participated in the beta on most nights.

[quote name='JMusic']Presumptuous, but not a horrible assumption. Men are easy, no matter their orientation. Just a hormonal fact of life. :)

Edit: I forgot why I originally hit reply. Outland seemed like it should be a great game but then it never quite "hooked" me when I tried the demo a while back. Maybe I'll give the demo another go cause the game does look like it should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Well I think the person's statement was also playing into that stereotype that gay men are sex fiends and don't look for real relationships so they're all easy which of course I don't agree with. I guess I try to give guys more credit, but to each their own. I'll drop it.

The Outland trial gives a pretty good impression of what to expect from the game. It's not for everyone but I think it definitely deserves a try. Again, everyone has their own opinion.

Okay, I'm done. *runs back to dark hole* :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'll have to join the "Underwhelmed by Battleblock Theatre Beta" club as well. To be fair I've never understood all the love for Castle Crashers, but I think I enjoyed Battleblock even less than CC.[/QUOTE]

Im in the club too. CC was great but I found BBT to be an average experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back