XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Holy crap, how have I not heard about Outland before? It looks like Ikaruga's fast-paced color changes and bullet dodging, combined with platforming and combat similar to Dust: An Elysian Tale's. I loved both for those elements, and I love a good challenge, so what do you guys think? Is Outland worth $5?[/QUOTE]
I actually went to play Outland as soon as I completed Dust, and the platforming felt stiff in comparison, which was enough to make me stop playing the game. If I went back to it now, it might not be as bad, but Dust's controls really spoiled me for a bit. YMMV, but $5 seems fair, as what I played was interesting despite the stiff platforming.

I've learned that Double Dragon II, which I previewed long ago has actually passed certification. So it's really coming out! Working on getting more details for a new article, but I thought I'd give my fellow beat-em-up fans a heads up.

[quote name='eastx']I've learned that Double Dragon II, which I previewed long ago has actually passed certification. So it's really coming out! Working on getting more details for a new article, but I thought I'd give my fellow beat-em-up fans a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, that's pretty awesome. I remember seeing that preview from you ages ago. I love to see arcade classics back and (most often) modernized but that art style is atrocious. Reminiscent of Re-shelled, unfortunately. That being said, I'd gladly pick it up for 400 points. I highly doubt it will be released at that price, though.

I just hope they don't release at 1200 like they originally planned. Considering that Neon sells for 800, it would tank hard. And with the lower production values of DD2 compared to Neon, even 800 will be a hard sell for some people. But I'm always happy to have more Double Dragon, provided it's not a one-on-one fighter. :)

No, achievement discussion should be it's own thread somewhere else on these forums.

Also I was going to point out, that Hungarian account talk should have been it's own thread, especially for future sales too. It completely clutters this thread to the point where it almost becomes useless because no one has the time to read through the OT posts for helpful ones.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Holy crap, how have I not heard about Outland before? It looks like Ikaruga's fast-paced color changes and bullet dodging, combined with platforming and combat similar to Dust: An Elysian Tale's. I loved both for those elements, and I love a good challenge, so what do you guys think? Is Outland worth $5?[/QUOTE]

Combat that is NOWHERE NEAR as similar, fun and smooth as Dust:An Elysian Tale's, but yeah.

I'd say it's worth about $5 bucks but no much more. The challenge comes from if you can sit through the monotony and finish the whole game/collect 100% achievements IMO.

I Personally always look on achievement websites if I'm that curious about DLC in a game having cheezmints, but I'm fine with it being in the OP since the question will be asked repeatedly anyways.
[quote name='sicsonic']
Also I was going to point out, that Hungarian account talk should have been it's own thread, especially for future sales too. It completely clutters this thread to the point where it almost becomes useless because no one has the time to read through the OT posts for helpful ones.[/QUOTE]
There already is a thread for the Hungarian deals, problem is though is that GoD games that are on sale for a reasonable price seem to come up once every few months.

Plus majority of posts are just going to be "I Picked up *blank game*" or "should I pick up *blank game*?" And I kinda feel the forums don't need to be cluttered with three or so threads on XBox Live deals, it just feels ridiculous that we need another one for the possible Spring sale and I'm sure more will spring up for whatever deals on XBL.

[quote name='bardockkun']Are we talking about the dragon boss? That took me like a solid two to three hours to beat. I Think the final boss(es?) took me about an hour. Totally had fun with it though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']^I'd assume one of those 2 parts are exactly what he was talking about. Both are memorable for being very challenging, but it made beating them even more enjoyable.
The dragon one was especially frustrating for me because there was about a minute of platforming right before the fight that had to be repeated on every retry. That part wasn't as much fun.
[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the dragon boss much so it must not have given me fits. The final boss (sisters) was the worst for me, I wouldn't call myself a great platform gamer but I enjoy them. But man that tested my timing, dexterity and stamina. And those damn stairs took about 30 seconds every time!

Just to weigh in on the achievement in the OP thing. I don't care either way, but since there are several people who would benefit from it I see no harm in leaving it in there. I don't believe it clutters the OP too much. If anyone is suddenly unable to find the info that they need because of that one extra sentence then I think THEY are the ones that have issues.

[quote name='ooga']Just to weigh in on the achievement in the OP thing. I don't care either way, but since there are several people who would benefit from it I see no harm in leaving it in there. I don't believe it clutters the OP too much. If anyone is suddenly unable to find the info that they need because of that one extra sentence then I think THEY are the ones that have issues.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. And with all due respect to all the contributors here, I think the OP is always going to be an eyesore unless CAG 3.0 somehow overhauls what we can do within a post. Solutions posted here could easily keep it from being "clutter."

[quote name='sicsonic']No, achievement discussion should be it's own thread somewhere else on these forums.[/QUOTE]

And aggressively defending your love of Battleblock Theater, which is about to launch at full price, probably isn't appropriate for this thread either ;) But when have we ever cracked down on extraneous discussion? I could stick my beanpole in a jar of Nutella and boast about it here, and someone would be crazy enough to help me run with it for a page or two. (Not that I would...) And that's part of why I enjoy this thread.

Though what I was originally going to say in response is that achievement discussion wasn't the subject at hand, but rather the viability of making people aware certain DLC includes achievements. As someone else pointed out earlier, there was a veritable sea of Sleeping Dogs DLC marked down last week, but if you were looking for cheevos and a story extension then you only wanted Nightmare in North Point. When my MSP budget is tight, I gravitate towards more substantial content such as that - even if it doesn't include achievements, mind you - and couldn't care less about some skins, guns, or unlocks at similar prices.

I also have horrible short-term memory and often find myself researching DLC several times before deciding to buy it, but yeah, that's my problem.

[quote name='hufferstl']Why not stick Achievement info for the week in a spoiler tag and then everyone is happy.[/QUOTE]
If the people who were to lazy to google if a DLC had achievements you think they're gonna click the spoiler post?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']
I don't remember the dragon boss much so it must not have given me fits. The final boss (sisters) was the worst for me, I wouldn't call myself a great platform gamer but I enjoy them. But man that tested my timing, dexterity and stamina. And those damn stairs took about 30 seconds every time!
[/QUOTE]

Outland Spoiler:

Haha those stairs were awful. But I thoroughly enjoyed the final boss, one of my favorite bosses of recent memory. It was extremely challenging but definitely fair. It tests the hell out of your platforming mettle.

Need to get back into Outland. The levels and play forming are just so boring though. I'd rather just cut straight to the bosses.

[quote name='eastx']I've learned that Double Dragon II, which I previewed long ago has actually passed certification. So it's really coming out! Working on getting more details for a new article, but I thought I'd give my fellow beat-em-up fans a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Finally. It looks like a Korean mess not unlike KFS and I don't know if it will be good but I'll buy any beat em up once. Even Phantom Breaker.

[quote name='ooga']Just to weigh in on the achievement in the OP thing. I don't care either way, but since there are several people who would benefit from it I see no harm in leaving it in there. I don't believe it clutters the OP too much. If anyone is suddenly unable to find the info that they need because of that one extra sentence then I think THEY are the ones that have issues.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. Another vote for keeping the achievement stuff in the OP.

[quote name='Sanges99']Have you guys played the demo? Once I played the demo I immediately picked it up for 400, I think? It went on sale only a week--two weeks?--before it went free on Kinect Central, and I did not regret missing out on saving the points. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. The problem with Kinect demos is that I have to put substantial effort into making my living room "Kinect friendly" so I had planned on trying the demo most likely before purchase but I wanted to know if it was even worth rearranging all my furniture to do so, but now I'm sold.

I have to say I didn't realize my idea would cause so much debate, so I apologize for springing it out of nowhere, but I noticed the huge clutter from last week and figured it might have helped (I hope none of you ended up buying any content from the Dragon Master pack separately on accident btw).

I personally am one of those types who searches x360a to see if a particular DLC has achievements all the time, but I know most people aren't like that, and since it's so frequent I have a good amount of it memorized, I thought people (like Ooga, glad to have helped) might benefit from that as a note in the OP, which at least some of you agree with. : ) (Vote's 12 - 8 in favour of, I think) That, and yes, it would cut down on the repeat questions in here.

And I appreciate you guys refining the idea and making it prettier to look at, I think it's fine how it is now and if it's too much for you to have to worry about Tyler, I can handle achievement designation no problem.

On the bright side for those who disagree, I really can't think of anything else to reasonably add to the OP, so at least the clutter will stop accumulating?

[quote name='gordojones88']Achievements in the OP makes it even more than ever difficult to scan. It's become like War & Peace up there.[/QUOTE]
Good, I love me some Natasha.

I really like seeing the achievements in the op. It informs my decision making for buying dlc. It doesn't take me very long to skim through some asterisks and one line of text. I am already reading at a fourth grade level according to my teacher.

[quote name='eastx']I like Achievement info as well. Sonic, glad to see you made it up to 4th grade level! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm obviously way behind on my writing capabilities, but I'll try to catch up some day. :)

In all seriousness, I'm considering buying the Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations DLC partly because they have achievements. Are they all worth it at $5 a piece?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Yep it was worth every point at 800 spacebucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sicsonic']Combat that is NOWHERE NEAR as similar, fun and smooth as Dust:An Elysian Tale's, but yeah.

I'd say it's worth about $5 bucks but no much more. The challenge comes from if you can sit through the monotony and finish the whole game/collect 100% achievements IMO.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I'll pick up Outland when I get home. Can't wait to play it. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I'm obviously way behind on my writing capabilities, but I'll try to catch up some day. :)

In all seriousness, I'm considering buying the Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations DLC partly because they have achievements. Are they all worth it at $5 a piece?[/QUOTE]

I liked the AC:B DLC, it adds to the single player and I'm a fan of Da Vinci plus I thought the achievements were fun. AC:R DLC is just multiplayer maps and animus testing with Desmond. I could barely get through the Desmond sequences in the main game so I didn't like the DLC much.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It doesn't take me very long to skim through some asterisks and one line of text. I am already reading at a fourth grade level according to my teacher.[/QUOTE]

LOL. My hearty chuckle of the day, right there. :applause:

What are we talking about with achievements in the OP? Just the blue asterisk? Nothing wrong with that and kind of useful to me. it's just one line of text and a blue star, unless I'm missing something?

Also, yes, DD2 will be 800 I'm sure, although it would be awesome for some of these late-generation releases to be bold at try 400. I guess that's Microsoft's call, though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Outland Spoiler:

Haha those stairs were awful. But I thoroughly enjoyed the final boss, one of my favorite bosses of recent memory. It was extremely challenging but definitely fair. It tests the hell out of your platforming mettle.
[/QUOTE]

Man did it ever test me.

[quote name='gubmccargen']What are we talking about with achievements in the OP? Just the blue asterisk? Nothing wrong with that and kind of useful to me. it's just one line of text and a blue star, unless I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]

Previously it looked like this:

g25BfqS.png

[quote name='tylerh1701']Previously it looked like this:

g25BfqS.png
[/QUOTE]

I thought that looked fine. You could also make it just the word Achievements to reduce clutter slightly. But asterisks are an option as well.

I don't think achievements have any place in the OP. If you're curious about that very insignificant aspect to a lot of gamers, then you can ask in the thread and someone always helps out.

It's not offensive or anything, but it does open the door to adding a lot of info for a select few people down the road.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Previously it looked like this:

g25BfqS.png
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a bit much to have for each game in the OP. Going with asterisks or some other symbol to add more information without making each item long strings of characters.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
And aggressively defending your love of Battleblock Theater, which is about to launch at full price, probably isn't appropriate for this thread either ;)[/QUOTE]

Why not? Tyler can profound his love for Alien Spidy around when it comes out at full price, why I can't I put in my opinion that Battleblock Theatre is a great game and not one to pass on when it has a sale later this year?

You're either trolling, or just don't like my opinions. Too bad, buddy. Different people like different games. This thread should be about talking about games. We are Cheap Ass Gamers.

I check on this thread for deals on XBLA, obviously, but also people here are quick to post about release date announcements and such, and that's another reason I've come back. I think this thread survives off both a combination of conversations about Sales and Upcoming Releases. So when I have an opinion of an upcoming game, that was already brought up, it doesn't seem very inappropriate to me.

[quote name='biledriver']I don't think achievements have any place in the OP. If you're curious about that very insignificant aspect to a lot of gamers, then you can ask in the thread and someone always helps out.

It's not offensive or anything, but it does open the door to adding a lot of info for a select few people down the road.[/QUOTE]

Funny how you say select few yet the majority seems to want the achievement info added.

Personally I could care less since I already know what has achievements and what doesn't. Whatever you guys do is fine. I don't think an asterisk next to each game is going to hurt anyone.

I hate to be the thread-police here, but I think everyone pretty much said all there is to say about the achievements in the OP. The way it is now is a good compromise. Those who want to know about the achievements can clearly tell which DLC has them, those that don't aren't exposed to "obtrusive" text.
So let's move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I would like to see in the first post is a note if items are single or multi-player only or have other caviates.
Gotham City Impostors for example, requires Gold Membership- even for the single-player portion. Also, Mass Effect 3 and Tomb Raider have multi-player DLC even though they're each from a single-player series.

[quote name='sicsonic']Why not? Tyler can profound his love for Alien Spidy around when it comes out at full price, why I can't I put in my opinion that Battleblock Theatre is a great game and not one to pass on when it has a sale later this year?

You're either trolling, or just don't like my opinions. Too bad, buddy. Different people like different games. This thread should be about talking about games. We are Cheap Ass Gamers.
[/QUOTE]
Dude, j u s t c h i l l . He was responding to the fact that your original argument against an 'achievement indicator' in the OP was that NO TALK OUTSIDE OF DEALS SHOULD BE HAD within the context of this thread, and yet you've been gushing about a beta being released officially, which is, y'know clearly OUTSIDE THE REALM OF DEAL TALK, yeah? It's all fun, just go back to your whiskey, gentlemen, we don't need any trouble in here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, that's a bit much to have for each game in the OP. Going with asterisks or some other symbol to add more information without making each item long strings of characters.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, now you've got me thinking we could use colored-@ symbols. Get it, achievements start with an "a" and there's an "a" in the middle of an "@" symbol??! 8-[

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Actually I would like to see in the first post is a note if items are single or multi-player only or have other caviates.
Gotham City Impostors for example, requires Gold Membership- even for the single-player portion. Also, Mass Effect 3 and Tomb Raider have multi-player DLC even though they're each from a single-player series.[/QUOTE]
jesus christ

[quote name='Sanges99']He was responding to the fact that your original argument against an 'achievement indicator' in the OP was that NO TALK OUTSIDE OF DEALS SHOULD BE HAD within the context of this thread,[/QUOTE]

Well I guess you (and probably the other guy) have mistaken my point from that part of the post, I was just commenting my opinion on the Achievement thing, that I was one of the ones that opposed it. I wasn't saying this thread should be strictly deal chat, or I didn't mean it that way.

Besides, I'm not the one telling people what they should or shouldn't be talking about, that was the other guy. I think most of my posts recently were just saying the Hungarian stuff could have been organized better, and that I have every right to post about an XBLA game in the XBLA thread.

[quote name='sicsonic']Why not? Tyler can profound his love for Alien Spidy around when it comes out at full price, why I can't I put in my opinion that Battleblock Theatre is a great game and not one to pass on when it has a sale later this year?

I check on this thread for deals on XBLA, obviously, but also people here are quick to post about release date announcements and such, and that's another reason I've come back. I think this thread survives off both a combination of conversations about Sales and Upcoming Releases. So when I have an opinion of an upcoming game, that was already brought up, it doesn't seem very inappropriate to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sanges99']Dude, j u s t c h i l l . He was responding to the fact that your original argument against an 'achievement indicator' in the OP was that NO TALK OUTSIDE OF DEALS SHOULD BE HAD within the context of this thread, and yet you've been gushing about a beta being released officially, which is, y'know clearly OUTSIDE THE REALM OF DEAL TALK, yeah? It's all fun, just go back to your whiskey, gentlemen, we don't need any trouble in here.[/QUOTE]

Sanges99 pretty much got it. More specifically, I was countering your stance against discussing achievements and for sticking to deal talk by conveniently leveraging your insistence on responding to almost every critique of the BBT beta with your undying praise for it. Not that I have any issue with that, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And in fairness, I believe I initiated or helped initiate the most recent BBT discussion. Anyway, I wasn't trying to insult or humiliate you, so please accept my most sincere apologies if it actually seemed like I was. I can be quick to make an unjustified insult but I don't think I'm a troll, just a bit heavy-handed with the cynicism sometimes. And back to my point of contention, if this thread is a valid spot to discuss games - as you just suggested - then discussing achievements sparingly is just as valid as discussing upcoming releases sparingly, IMO.

And I can't let this one go - "profound" is an adjective, not a verb. I take it you meant "profess."

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Actually I would like to see in the first post is a note if items are single or multi-player only or have other caviates.
Gotham City Impostors for example, requires Gold Membership- even for the single-player portion. Also, Mass Effect 3 and Tomb Raider have multi-player DLC even though they're each from a single-player series.[/QUOTE]

Eh... I'll have to disagree on the very simple basis that most of those things are more easily inferred and easier to remember than whether certain downloadable items include achievements or not. That and this is apparently some sort of deeply divisive issue here, so let's not gun for too much too soon, right?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']then discussing achievements sparingly is just as valid as discussing upcoming releases sparingly, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Sure it is. I was just stating my opinion that I thought it shouldn't be in the OP. Like I said, I'm not telling people what to talk about and what not to talk about here, or that wasn't my intentions.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And I can't let this one go - "profound" is an adjective, not a verb. I take it you meant "profess."[/QUOTE]

I did, yes. I didn't even notice that, haha.

Mass Effect 3 multi DLC is all free except for any dumb microtransactions, but even then those can only be accessed in game and not directly off the marketplace. Plus multiplayer DLC usually (or typically always it seems) say map pack at the end of them. Plus any multi based games will always have the questions of "how's the community" being asked in the first few pages of the deals dropping so it kinda answers that and another question from the get go.

[/QUOTE]

"Oh My God People!"
-Archer

Actually I would like to see in the first post is a note if items have any good Yaoi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back