XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='razorracer83']I was hoping to find a deal on Autovista Car pack in order to augment my Forza 4 Essentials Edition that I got with my Black Friday Xbox 360 bundle, but what I really want is a big sale on the Forza Horizon Season Pass. I find it ironic that the Forza Horizon Season Pass has always stayed at that ridiculous 4000 Microsoft Points ($49.99) price, while the game itself has been as low as $10 on Black Friday (and this price was from Microsoft's own stores, of all places).[/QUOTE]

Forza Horizon was actually $15 but yeah :p I would never buy the season pass for that much.

Already have Deathspank 1 & 2. Don't want to bite on Megaman until they're 50% off. My backlog will have to satisfy me 'till then.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I thought that the first time I watched it too. It was so boring and the story went nowhere.

For some reason, I gave it another chance years later. On the second viewing I realized what a fucking masterpiece it is. Now it's one of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't think I could sit through it again. Watched it when I was a kid and then again just last year and I still thought it was terrible. I even watched the extended director's cut to see if I was missing something but I still didn't get it. To each his own I suppose.

I kind of went the opposite way with my opinion on it. I liked it as a kid, now I think it's terrible.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am starting to waver on buying DA2 DLC. I have yet to play DA:O from my back log and it is $17 for all the DLC for DA2. Essentially it is about $10 with my cost on points but even 1360 points is a lot to spend on a game I may not play this year. The only thing I worry about is EA does not put the stuff on Sale much and with the new systems coming I wonder what happens to a lot this DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'm also on the fence. I doubt I'll get around to playing Dragon Age II until late 2013 / early 2014. I don't want to buy at 33% off if there's a fair possibility of a better sale within the next 12 months.

Any of you sci-fi or fantasy fans have a means of predicting the future?

FINALLY

I've been waiting for so long on a deal for Deathspank 2. I grabbed The Baconing on sale a while back after LOVING the original Deathspank, but I'm one of those people who wants to play the series (even if it's a loose one, they seem to be connected in some way) in order.

Now I just need to get the points!

:D

Will EA ever release an ultimate edition DA2?!?! I keep putting off these DA2 sales.

Anyways, thinking about the Shank games, but not sure. I have so many stuff from the New Year's sale.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Any of you sci-fi or fantasy fans have a means of predicting the future?[/QUOTE]
Yup! It's called psychohistory. But you won't know if I'm right for several years.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Will EA ever release an ultimate edition DA2?!?! I keep putting off these DA2 sales.
[/QUOTE]someone said earlier that bioware or ea confirmed that there would not be a UE for DAII.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Any of you sci-fi or fantasy fans have a means of predicting the future?[/QUOTE]
Every Monday when the upcoming sale hasn't been posted by Major Nelson, I predict someone will ask if anyone knows what the new DOTW will be. Then every Tuesday, I predict someone will gripe about the DOTW. Those predictions have been pretty accurate. ;)

I added a blurb to the DOTW and EA sections in the OP that XBL Rewards members may want to wait until 2/1 to make any purchases.

thinkin of gettin alan wake AN next week I missed the first 2 half off sales is it worth it?
wish it had online co op for arcade mode

[quote name='Raccoon2117']FINALLY

I've been waiting for so long on a deal for Deathspank 2. I grabbed The Baconing on sale a while back after LOVING the original Deathspank, but I'm one of those people who wants to play the series (even if it's a loose one, they seem to be connected in some way) in order.

Now I just need to get the points!

:D[/QUOTE]

The end scene of DS1 leads to the beginning of DS2 so it is connected. Plus the whole thong thing started in the first game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'll never understand why people love Blade Runner. It was a terrible film with no story that went nowhere. Awful.[/QUOTE]

I like it quite a bit better than say Total Recall. I'd say it's probably the best right above Minority Report and A Scanner Darkly as far his film adaptations go. You know you have good source material when even Steven freaking Spielberg can do a decent job with it (Minority Report, compare to AI just a year ealier). And this was Ridley Scott on a good day as opposed to that utter mess Prometheus. Can't even believe Charlize Theron stayed on for that.

I bought Shank 2 this morning before work...is there any reason to get the original or are the stories not related to the point I need to play the first to enjoy the second?

I thought hell froze over when I saw the thread topic indicating MM9 was on sale. Then I saw hell is just a little chilly. 20% is a weak discount, but shit I might still go for it.

Is the SSX DLC any good? Only one course and some re-skinned characters does not seem like a great value IMO unless there is more to it than that.

[quote name='mpaullin']You should check out Blade Runner. Once you see that you will think Binary Domain's story is trash like the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

blade runner is crap the source material (do androids dream of electric sheep?) is quite good and quite different (Scott cut alot of the book)

Is the ST fighter Tekken discounted DLC worth the investment? Or should I wait for a GOTY version? I have the game but I have only around 3200 points. I have been reading the comments and most posts point out to DS1 and DS2 and Shank1 and Shank2 as better investments.......Please advise......Im not rich and points were a Xmas gift. Considering Fight Night Champion as well.

[quote name='nadohawk']I bought Shank 2 this morning before work...is there any reason to get the original or are the stories not related to the point I need to play the first to enjoy the second?[/QUOTE]

one thing i liked more about the original is being able to change to any weapon on the fly, the sequel has you choose loadouts. get both!

[quote name='Radlove']Is the ST fighter Tekken discounted DLC worth the investment? Or should I wait for a GOTY version? I have the game but I have only around 3200 points. I have been reading the comments and most posts point out to DS1 and DS2 and Shank1 and Shank2 as better investments.......Please advise......Im not rich and points were a Xmas gift. Considering Fight Night Champion as well.[/QUOTE]

the "goty" version you speak of is called tekken x street fighter and that won't come out till next year and more likely next gen ;)

[quote name='Radlove']Is the ST fighter Tekken discounted DLC worth the investment? Or should I wait for a GOTY version? I have the game but I have only around 3200 points. I have been reading the comments and most posts point out to DS1 and DS2 and Shank1 and Shank2 as better investments.......Please advise......Im not rich and points were a Xmas gift. Considering Fight Night Champion as well.[/QUOTE]

No one here is rich, otherwise why would we be on this site? All the games you mentioned are fun including Street Fighter x Tekken, but the game without DLC already gives you 38 characters. Are you bored of them already? The DLC is just costumes and 12 more characters. Go with the game you think you'd want the most.

[quote name='Radlove']Is the ST fighter Tekken discounted DLC worth the investment? Or should I wait for a GOTY version?[/QUOTE]Someone had mentioned that the reason the DLC was included on the disc was because the deal between Capcom & Namco allowed for only one edition of SFxT to be released. Granted that could just be a rumor but given the negative public reception of the game I can't imagine Capcom is investing a whole lot of time and energy into the SFxT franchise at this point. The 2013 patch could very well be the end.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']the "goty" version you speak of is called tekken x street fighter and that won't come out till next year and more likely next gen ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, Tekken X Street Fighter is the version with the 3D fighting style from Tekken rather than the 2D style of SF.

[quote name='LemonJelllo']Actually, Tekken X Street Fighter is the version with the 3D fighting style from Tekken rather than the 2D style of SF.[/QUOTE]
135792056026.jpg

Because SFxT suuuuuucked.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I thought hell froze over when I saw the thread topic indicating MM9 was on sale. Then I saw hell is just a little chilly. 20% is a weak discount, but shit I might still go for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I hate to give Capcom my money for anything since what happened with MML3, but dammit, I want these games and I don't want to have to pay full price later on down the road. I'm just gonna be optimistic about it and pretend my money's going to the Blue Bomber's revival.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'm the same way. I hate to give Capcom my money for anything since what happened with MML3, but dammit, I want these games and I don't want to have to pay full price later on down the road. I'm just gonna be optimistic about it and pretend my money's going to the Blue Bomber's revival.[/QUOTE]
Amen. Mega Man needs to come back in an important way. Their handling of the franchise has been very disappointing as of late.

[quote name='nadohawk']I bought Shank 2 this morning before work...is there any reason to get the original or are the stories not related to the point I need to play the first to enjoy the second?[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer the first game. Not to say the 2nd wasn't a good game also, but really just more of the same.

Also it's worth noting that the co-op gameplay is different in each game. Shank 1 has a standalone co-op story mode, which actually serves as a prequel to the single player story. Shank 2's co-op is just a single screen, fight off enemy waves "horde mode" ordeal which is not nearly as enjoyable.

Anyway, shame about the SFxT sale. I'm about to give the game a second chance due to the 2013 patch being released and would have considered buying the DLC characters for a reasonable price. Capcom is not doing themselves any favors trying to resurrect a game that bombed hard and could use all the support it can get. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

I've been waiting for a long time, but is the DA II DLC worth it? Should I wait until they all fall down to half price?

Considering Shank 2, although I've heard it can be very difficult in parts? I did okay with Mark of the Ninja gameplay-wise, but I have a harder time with more action-oriented 2D games.

Who wants to play 4 player online Scott Pilgrim when it comes out next week? We should get some names together and have a CAG online game/s. :)

[quote name='sicsonic']Who wants to play 4 player online Scott Pilgrim when it comes out next week? We should get some names together and have a CAG online game/s. :)[/QUOTE]

Is that finally happening?

The 20% cut on Megamans is a joke so I will pass, no matter how much I want to play these 2 games. :(
I have Shank 2 on Steam, therefore I think it's better (and cheaper) to buy the 1st one over there.

[quote name='Indignate']Is that finally happening?[/QUOTE]
Confirmed by Major Nelson for next week for 160 points with Wallace as playable character and new cheezmints.

Also just beat Mark of the Ninja and I am crazy eager to get both Shank games and give Klei more of my points.

[quote name='sicsonic']Who wants to play 4 player online Scott Pilgrim when it comes out next week? We should get some names together and have a CAG online game/s. :)[/QUOTE]

ill play, had since launch and never got past first level.

I picked up Fight Night Champion, contemplating Deathspank.

[quote name='Indignate']Just a warning, the Shank games aren't very good.[/QUOTE]
I Figured they aren't anywhere as polished or satisfying as Mark of the Ninja (hanging enemies to freak other people to kill their companions is something i want seen in more games now), but I kinda feel obligated to still give it a shot anyways though. Plus it's half off so I won't feel too swindled if I'm cursing in anger at how much of a step back it is in gameplay.

I already own all the games next week except that one Atlus published game so I'll be picking it up for $5.

The Scott Pilgrim game didn't appeal to me before even though I loved the movie (haven't read the source material) and enjoy old school games. I'll give it another try and decide if I want it and the DLC if the base game goes on sale again.

[quote name='Blade3D']ill play, had since launch and never got past first level.

I picked up Fight Night Champion, contemplating Deathspank.[/QUOTE]

ok cool. so far that's:

sicsonic
Blade3D
Indignate (maybe?)

if we get more then 4 that want to, we could just break up in multiples of 4...

Wow, they sure are putting out lots of content for Guardians of Middle-Earth at a steady rate... all as 108kb unlock keys. That's a little sad, especially since the game is sold as 1200 MSP to begin with. And makes me wish that Monolith (where Snowblind developers ended up merging with) would concentrate on a more refined sequel of War in the North, which I and my GF enjoyed immensely despite its shortcomings... :(

[quote name='Barry Burton']yeah they are[/QUOTE]

I picked up Shank 2, it's only 400 MSP, so I've got to use these Bing points on something. Just as long as I have enough points for Omega and Dragonborn whenever they go on sale. :D

To each their own I guess, but I enjoyed the first Shank game a lot, it's one of the few XBLA games I actually finished, if that tells you something. I'm looking forward to playing the second one!

[quote name='sicsonic']ok cool. so far that's:

sicsonic
Blade3D
Indignate (maybe?)

if we get more then 4 that want to, we could just break up in multiples of 4...[/QUOTE]

Count me in for some scottie pilgrim. GT: ThePootermobile. Don't have a mic and I usually play with the sound muted so I don't have to hear pimply teenagers using grown up words (I have small children who watch me play) but I play at my computer so I can send messages when I need to say something.

OT - 20% off or not, MM9 and 10 are 2 of the games on my VERY short list of stuff I'm still trying to get my hands on and between the target points, christmas gifts and bing points, it's not like I actually paid regular price for my points. Will be biting on both of them later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back