XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']^Yes it does. It's really where the vast majority of XBLA games should be priced anyway. With the Nexuiz servers shutting down, I wouldn't touch Special Forces Team X for even 100 MSP.
[/QUOTE]

Special Forces sounds like a game that will not last long on XBLA, similar to Nexuiz. I bet it will be on sale for 160-200msp soon, since almost no one have bought it.

Runner 2 looks pretty good, but well it's 1200msp and i'm waiting for sale. Would have pull the trigger if it was 800...

[quote name='disilluzion']Just checked. Hasn't updated yet.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and the DotW has updated with the fighting game stuff, but scratch and match has not. Is there any precedent for S&M being the same two weeks in a row?

[quote name='Ciffy']I just checked and the DotW has updated with the fighting game stuff, but scratch and match has not. Is there any precedent for S&M being the same two weeks in a row?[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm aware of, but the S&M refresh does seem like it's about two hours late at this point...

[quote name='kayne2000']

not saying it cant be fun but ive yet to run across a fighting game online that was at least 80% that. unlike COD or something you dont die and respawn you must keep fighting this person or add to the problem and quit.[/QUOTE]

So what do you do in CoD when you run into someone who wrecks you? Or better yet, an entire team that shuts down your team? Do you just quit and give up? I mean CoD is a very competitve game (as in lots of people play it and take it seriously) this had to have happened to you a few times.

[quote name='Sath666']Special Forces sounds like a game that will not last long on XBLA, similar to Nexuiz. I bet it will be on sale for 160-200msp soon, since almost no one have bought it.
[/QUOTE]

I'm betting Hybrid shares a Nexuiz fate first. It's already had two different temp discounts and is MP only as far as I know.

fuck right when I broke down and decided I'd get HAWX, I go get a 400 point code from Amazon. I go get my credit card to cover the rest that my Amazon credit wouldn't by the time I get back and buy the code they have reset the price.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Anyone know if penny arcade 1 & 2 have ever been on sale? I want to play them but am afraid when I purchase them they'll soon be on sale shortly after[/QUOTE]

Well they were 1600 MSP in the first place but got a permanent reduction to 800 MSP ( I just bought both of them last month for this price..wasn't expecting them to go on sale anytime soon...)

As we speak of episode games..I really want the rest of Wallace & Gromit episodes to drop the prices..

[quote name='Blade3D']fuck right when I broke down and decided I'd get HAWX, I go get a 400 point code from Amazon. I go get my credit card to cover the rest that my Amazon credit wouldn't by the time I get back and buy the code they have reset the price.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain got 240 points stuck in a hungarian account. Managed to get SSFAE and KOF in time but not anything for the last few bucks worth of points.

[quote name='McPhorks']I feel your pain got 240 points stuck in a hungarian account. Managed to get SSFAE and KOF in time but not anything for the last few bucks worth of points.[/QUOTE]

I literally checked it, got my credit card and bought a code. I refresh the page and the price had changed back. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I am kinda thinking about picking up Sonic Fighters, but think maybe I should just save my points.

[quote name='Blade3D']I am kinda thinking about picking up Sonic Fighters, but think maybe I should just save my points.[/QUOTE]

The ONLY reason to get that game is an easy 400 GS. That's it. The game has absolutely no other redeeming values. None. Nada. Zilch.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Wow the new Mass Effect DLC is almost 4GB, and available in 2 parts. Is this the first DLC that has been larger than 2GB?[/QUOTE]
The RAAM's Shadow download for Gears 3 is 2 GB on the marketplace, don't know if anything else came that close to the limit (the GTA4 DLCs and Borderlands' General Knoxx fell a couple hundred MB short). RAAM's Shadow also provided character skins for multiplayer, but the skin data was in the Booster Map pack (which essentially made it a compatibility update with a couple maps thrown in). So one could potentially say the total content available by purchasing RAAM's Shadow exceeded 2 GB.

Apparently 2 GB is some sort of limitation on the systems providing XBLA and DLC, and not an arbitrary limit imposed by Microsoft like the old 50 MB / 150 MB XBLA size limits.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/09/24/tgs-09-2gb-is-the-limit-for-xbla

Would almost seem like whatever code is handling the XBLA / DLC was written with signed 32-bit integers instead of unsigned ones. Unsigned should be able to provide file sizes up to 4 GB. We've seen the signed / unsigned issue crop up elsewhere on the marketplace when prices or account balances show -1 MSP or 4,294,967,295 MSP. Also interesting that the limit exists just for XBLA and DLC, Games on Demand doesn't have a problem.

Bah! Caved at the last minute and picked up a few more GoDs. Civilization Revolution wasn't worth spending any more time trying to get a VPN to work to download it from the Hong Kong marketplace so I gave in and bought it on my US tag. Also bought GRiD and Dirt 2 in the end. I'm such a bad hoarder.

Speaking of hoarding, picking up all the model 2 fighters, JoJo's (YES! Thought this one would never go on sale for some reason) and NiGHTS. This must be the first time NiGHTS has been one sale. I'm a big fan and I'd be really surprised if I missed it on sale previously.

[quote name='Bloomy']Also interesting that the limit exists just for XBLA and DLC, Games on Demand doesn't have a problem.[/QUOTE]

There are few XBLA games with file size over 2gb - Double Dragon Neon, Red Johnson's Chronicles...

[quote name='ooga']The ONLY reason to get that game is an easy 400 GS. That's it. The game has absolutely no other redeeming values. None. Nada. Zilch.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's almost as bad as achievement whoring Avatar or Hannah Montana. :p

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, it's almost as bad as achievement whoring Avatar or Hannah Montana. :p[/QUOTE]

In MY defense... Sonic the Fighters is only $2 and I managed to get Hannah Montana for $1. I don't own it, but I always joke with friends during achievement wars that Avatar is my nuke bomb, since I have yet to use that one.

--
Unrelated note, I just want Toejam and Earl to be on sale already. I loved it so much on Virtual Console.

So, people just bought Virtua Fighter 5 during the GoD sale for $5 and now this week the upgraded version is on sale for the same price... They sure gave people a slap in the face with that one. Does it at least come with a free gamer pic of Micro$oft giving them the finger?

[quote name='gldoorii']So, people just bought Virtua Fighter 5 during the GoD sale for $5 and now this week the upgraded version is on sale for the same price... They sure gave people a slap in the face with that one. Does it at least come with a free gamer pic of Micro$oft giving them the finger?[/QUOTE]

Well they did announce it last week so it is not like they were hiding the fact they were going to be on sale.

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']the old 5 has story mode and unlockable costumes (vs no story & 2400 points for costumes)[/QUOTE]

The old one has no online play though.

C'mon, Microsoft (and EA). I'm ready to give you lots of points for all the Mass Effect 3 DLC, but I want a sale on the older DLC first. Would it kill ya to take a little off of the Leviathon and Omega DLC?

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']The old one has no online play though.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version has no online. Xbox vanilla VF5 was ported from a more recent revision of the arcade game and has a perfectly working online mode.

[quote name='Bizzquik']C'mon, Microsoft (and EA). I'm ready to give you lots of points for all the Mass Effect 3 DLC, but I want a sale on the older DLC first. Would it kill ya to take a little off of the Leviathon and Omega DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was hoping they'd do some sort of year anniversary sale on Omega at least. Leviathan had a one day sale last year around Omega's release date. Guess I'll keep waiting.

[quote name='gldoorii']So, people just bought Virtua Fighter 5 during the GoD sale for $5 and now this week the upgraded version is on sale for the same price... They sure gave people a slap in the face with that one. Does it at least come with a free gamer pic of Micro$oft giving them the finger?[/QUOTE]

LOL seriously? They announced that it was going to be on sale they same day they announced the old one was going to be on sale.

Anyone who checks this thread shouldn't feel like they got slapped in the face. If anything they should be getting a kick in the ass. Seriously, get with the program.

I knew I'd forgotten something. I forgot to buy El Shaddai. Oh well. Can't say I was terribly interested in playing it, I just wanted it because it was such a good deal.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is well... Bizarre.

It's definitely not worth $20, and I'm on the fence about spending $10 on it.[/QUOTE]

Crappy game.

[quote name='ooga']The ONLY reason to get that game is an easy 400 GS. That's it. The game has absolutely no other redeeming values. None. Nada. Zilch.[/QUOTE]
My arguement will probably fall on deaf ears because of my user name, but I don't find your argument to be fair. I love the soundtrack, and I think it's a fun fighting game, especially since I'm of average skill for fighters (I also think it's unfair to label it as a button masher; online matches will set people straight on that idea) Plus they restored a deleted character (which I always think is neat) and made the bosses playable. The online play is solid as well.

But you didn't provide an explanation on why this game sucks, and proceeded to drop an even more vague statement about Jojo. Maybe you're just goofin.

I dunno. For the low asking price, I think it is worth it just to show people for a giggle. Its one of those games that is so preposterous, you don't know who could of allowed it to get made. Easy achievements are nice too.

Don't know if I should be disappointed at lack of Scratch and Match loser deal or be relieved since I just bought 4 games from this current DotW.

[quote name='Tsel']I knew I'd forgotten something. I forgot to buy El Shaddai. Oh well. Can't say I was terribly interested in playing it, I just wanted it because it was such a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I thought I had downloaded it as well but apparently I never bought it either. Oh well cant say I was too interested.

On another note, picked up Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers an hour ago. Already got the 800GS lol. SO easy about 30 min a piece.

[quote name='mpaullin']I dunno. For the low asking price, I think it is worth it just to show people for a giggle. Its one of those games that is so preposterous, you don't know who could of allowed it to get made. Easy achievements are nice too.[/QUOTE]

My comment was made independent of the pricing of the game. For $2 you probably wont experience too much buyer's remorse, but the game is just so dated an no fun at all. One can argue that the game was never fun even when it was first released, but that is a pretty subjective statement. The only reason I got this game was the 400 GS, but I knew that going in so I wasn't shocked by how underwhelming the game play is.

Too bad Skulls of the Shogun isn't 50-75% off... and it would be better on Steam.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']My arguement will probably fall on deaf ears because of my user name, but I don't find your argument to be fair. I love the soundtrack, and I think it's a fun fighting game, especially since I'm of average skill for fighters (I also think it's unfair to label it as a button masher; online matches will set people straight on that idea) Plus they restored a deleted character (which I always think is neat) and made the bosses playable. The online play is solid as well.

But you didn't provide an explanation on why this game sucks, and proceeded to drop an even more vague statement about Jojo. Maybe you're just goofin.[/QUOTE]

I said the game has no redeeming values so that means that I thought everything in the game sucked: gameplay, graphics, music....etc. I didn't feel the need to elaborate because I pretty much made a blanket statement. Based on posts by many users on here over the last few months, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who shares your opinions of the game. I am glad you like the game though, I wish I did.

As for Jojo I made a post earlier about it. Although it is little more wordy, I have to admit that it didn't provide much detail on why I have such a low opinion of the game. To be honest I don't feel like venting about it and typing a mini review. The game is just bad in my opinion. Not fun and needlessly convoluted. You're free to like it though.

Anyone have an opinion on the Karateka remake? I'm reading not-so-positive reviews on metacritic from people who sound like they played the original and find this version lacking, but I'd love a CAG opinion. I kind of feel like I should buy it, though... if only because 10-year old me pirated it back in the day.

[quote name='bshirk']Too bad Skulls of the Shogun isn't 50-75% off... and it would be better on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Why would it be better on Steam?

Question: Are you considering buying 3 games for 480 points just for the easy 1200 points?
Answer: Yes I am and the CAG in me is sad but the achievement collector in me is smiling.

Picked up JoJo. I still think that $10 is way too pricey for it when SF3 is only $15 normally, but it probably won't get cheaper than this, and the JoJo anime has given me a huge boner for the series, even if the current one isn't covering Stardust Crusaders. The gameplay does look like it'd be interesting if I ever got a handle on it, too.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Question: Are you considering buying 3 games for 480 points just for the easy 1200 points?
Answer: Yes I am and the CAG in me is sad but the achievement collector in me is smiling.[/QUOTE]

Well, the games are at least good. Fighting Vipers has FLYING BODIES THAT BREAK WALLS, Sonic the Fighters is a pretty solid fighter behind the novelty, and Virtua Fighter 2 is a classic, if more than a bit dated. I already have the former two, and I'm on the fence with the third, since I already play VF5 pretty regularly.

Sorry if it's been said, haven't the time to read the thread now, but are there not any new Scratch + Match offers this week? For shame.

[quote name='sicsonic']Sorry if it's been said, haven't the time to read the thread now, but are there not any new Scratch + Match offers this week? For shame.[/QUOTE]

They are too tired out from having to update every day last week I guess. :)

[quote name='airco']
Well, the games are at least good. Fighting Vipers has FLYING BODIES THAT BREAK WALLS, Sonic the Fighters is a pretty solid fighter behind the novelty, and Virtua Fighter 2 is a classic, if more than a bit dated. I already have the former two, and I'm on the fence with the third, since I already play VF5 pretty regularly.[/QUOTE]

Well then I won't feel bad about it then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back