XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This is the most XBLA games I bought in a single day. Got Nights Into Dreams, Virtua Fighter 2, Sonic the Fighter, and Fighting Vipers. All of them happen to be SEGA games.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I can give you a stack of flash drives that are miserable to use on a 360. stuff like they hand out for free at conventions. the 8GB or 16GB flash drives that are free after rebate. I literally have a drawer filled with flash drives collected over the years. things from the collectibles (like a yoda flash drive) to the cheap $3 16 GB generic Chinese drives all the way to high end drives. if you guys haven't had any problems in regular usage, it's because you haven't been exposed to enough drives.

as if I wasn't clear before, there's a lot more to the experience of the flash drive than just loading a game. it's reading and writing to your game saves, your gamertag profile, adjusting your avatar, etc. sometimes the difference is dramatic, but it's not always dramatic like 10x slower or something. add a couple seconds here, a couple seconds there. but over time, it all just feels sluggish.[/QUOTE]

I was merely replying to why his load times might be good.

Following up a boring day of fighting game sales with a full week of more fighting game sales makes for a boring week that could only be beaten by an RTS or Horror sale.

Well, I had fun with them. Sure, it's only been an hour and a half, and I 100% them all, but, you know what? I actually had fun. I got my $6 worth.

im stuck on VF2 stage 4. cant beat that boss. dont know why. i suppose i may try my turbo controller and see if that will do that trick. but seriously cheap BS AI.

why must fighting games have that? and this even on easy.

So I might be the only person that actually found enjoyment in playing Sonic The Fighters. I might buy Virtua Fighter 2 but not the Fighting Vipers game the A.I kicks my butt in the demo. I would get Virtua Fighter 5:FS but i already have Virtua Fighter 5:Online and I dont play online so theres no point in buying VF:FS.

Well I decided to buy all 3 cheapo fighters. I am just not a fighting game fan. Maybe if I had a fight stick I would like them more but playing with the controller just feels wrong. I am at 1180/1200. I just need to be chapter 5 on Virtua Fighter 2. I will give it a go sometime else. At little burnt out doing all the stupid things to get achievements. Not sure it was worth the points but I am now at 71,010. I was kind of hoping to get to 100,000 before the next system launches but we will see.

[quote name='neoKEN']Wow. This is the most XBLA games I bought in a single day. Got Nights Into Dreams, Virtua Fighter 2, Sonic the Fighter, and Fighting Vipers. All of them happen to be SEGA games.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that this is a Sega sale, right? :lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I decided to buy all 3 cheapo fighters. I am just not a fighting game fan. Maybe if I had a fight stick I would like them more but playing with the controller just feels wrong. I am at 1180/1200. I just need to be chapter 5 on Virtua Fighter 2. I will give it a go sometime else. At little burnt out doing all the stupid things to get achievements. Not sure it was worth the points but I am now at 71,010. I was kind of hoping to get to 100,000 before the next system launches but we will see.[/QUOTE]

shooting for 100 eh? im only around 55 lol

Always wanted to play Fighting Vipers, but never had a Saturn. Now, for $2, I have my chance. I hope they also put out the weapon fighter with the 3-section staff in it. Last Bronx, was it called? 3-section staff is a bitch to use in real life.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Always wanted to play Fighting Vipers, but never had a Saturn. Now, for $2, I have my chance. I hope they also put out the weapon fighter with the 3-section staff in it. Last Bronx, was it called? 3-section staff is a bitch to use in real life.[/QUOTE]
I Kinda forgot how many good games there were on Saturn. Burning Rangers is another one I want to see besides the obvious ones of Panzer Dragoon games and Dragon Force.
[quote name='The Ebbtide']Whoa, whoa, whoa... Does Sonic the Fighters have two very poorly animated "cars" fighting each other?
[/QUOTE]
Touche. That's also how I imagine that Transmorphers movie looks like as well.

[quote name='kayne2000']im stuck on VF2 stage 4. cant beat that boss. dont know why. i suppose i may try my turbo controller and see if that will do that trick. but seriously cheap BS AI.

why must fighting games have that? and this even on easy.[/QUOTE]

Use Lau and spam punch. Don't forget to block with X.

I saw last night that blade kitten was 400 points. When did it drop to this and is it the same price on PSN? Worth it or not?

[quote name='ps2emotions']I saw last night that blade kitten was 400 points. When did it drop to this and is it the same price on PSN? Worth it or not?[/QUOTE]

April 8, 2012.

Yes.

Maybe. 400 is the absolute max I'd recommend someone pay for it. The game started to feel like a chore about half way through, I didn't much enjoy it.

[quote name='kayne2000']im stuck on VF2 stage 4. cant beat that boss. dont know why. i suppose i may try my turbo controller and see if that will do that trick. but seriously cheap BS AI.

why must fighting games have that? and this even on easy.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble too. What I did, set the match to 15 seconds and use Dural. Spam his up+B kick. Doesn't quite work 100%, but I managed to beat her after three tries. As long as you deal more damage to her than she does to you, it still counts. Thankfully you don't have to complete the entire game.

I remember playing the demo for Blade Kitten & it just felt really bland. To think it was originally $15 when it was released. If you liked the demo, $5 seems decent enough, but from what I've heard, it's more or less the same as what you play in the demo.

[quote name='ooga']Not sure what this means since the game was supposedly canceled, but the Double Dragon 2 remake now suddenly has achievements. I guess news of it's demise were greatly exaggerated. Rejoice EastX. ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/double-dragon-2-wander-of-the-dragons/achievements/[/QUOTE]

I thought the horrible certification process had killed it! Well, I'll pester the developer for more news again, but they never responded to my last few emails, annoyingly.

I wish that Guardian Heroes were part of the Sega sale. I still have my Saturn copy, fortunately, but it would be nice to play it without dragging out my Saturn.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Following up a boring day of fighting game sales with a full week of more fighting game sales makes for a boring week that could only be beaten by an RTS or Horror sale.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='biledriver']:roll:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. How dare they put games that have never been on sale before on sale this week? Darn you, Microsoft and SEGA!

Damn, at first I thought Double Dragon Neon was getting a sequel. I'll take that DD2 remake in any case. I had low expectations for Neon and that turned out to be one of my personal best games of 2012.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Following up a boring day of fighting game sales with a full week of more fighting game sales makes for a boring week that could only be beaten by an RTS or Horror sale.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Microsoft and Sega should have sales and new releases tailored specifically to my tastes. I am entitled to at least this much.

I spend a lot of money on XBLA, so Microsoft needs to meet my sense of entitlement each and every week. My mom tells me I'm special every day. She isn't wrong.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Agreed. Microsoft and Sega should have sales and new releases tailored specifically to my tastes. I am entitled to at least this much.

I spend a lot of money on XBLA, so Microsoft needs to meet my sense of entitlement each and every week. My mom tells me I'm special every day. She isn't wrong.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Agreed. Microsoft and Sega should have sales and new releases tailored specifically to my tastes. I am entitled to at least this much.

I spend a lot of money on XBLA, so Microsoft needs to meet my sense of entitlement each and every week. My mom tells me I'm special every day. She isn't wrong.[/QUOTE]

No need to be a jerk about it. I think it is reasonable to expect sales for different genre's from week to week. That's not necessarily how it happens, but in theory you would please more of your consumers by mixing it up.

Anyone purchase Jojo's BA and can give me their opinion on it? Seems like an okay game and don't think it'll go on sale for cheaper anytime soon so thinking of picking it up for some quick play with friends.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Anyone purchase Jojo's BA and can give me their opinion on it? Seems like an okay game and don't think it'll go on sale for cheaper anytime soon so thinking of picking it up for some quick play with friends.[/QUOTE]

If you like 2D fighters, it feels a lot like Street Fighter but with some unique gameplay elements like switching between a character and his spirit familiar (Stand). The graphics and animation are great, and the story is pretty good for an arcade game. Considering the regular price is way too high, I recommend grabbing it while it's on sale.

[quote name='biledriver']:roll:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='eastx']Agreed. How dare they put games that have never been on sale before on sale this week? Darn you, Microsoft and SEGA![/QUOTE]

Nowhere did I say anything like that. The games aren't for me, so it's a boring set of sales. I got a few of the Games on Demand that were on sale before, which makes it alright for me.

I'll just make positive posts around here from now on.

[quote name='eastx']If you like 2D fighters, it feels a lot like Street Fighter but with some unique gameplay elements like switching between a character and his spirit familiar (Stand). The graphics and animation are great, and the story is pretty good for an arcade game. Considering the regular price is way too high, I recommend grabbing it while it's on sale.[/QUOTE]Pretty much this. It's just a shame that some of the stuff that was added to the console version, like the Super Story Mode & the Gallery, were removed, but I think it was due to licensing issues (which would explain why some of the names/band references were changed. Plus Namco has the rights at the moment with All-Star Battle coming out in August (in Japan. No word on US)). In any case, it's still a decent game, though can feel kind of bare-boned compared to its console version & other fighting games that were re-released on XBLA/PSN.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nowhere did I say anything like that. The games aren't for me, so it's a boring set of sales. I got a few of the Games on Demand that were on sale before, which makes it alright for me.

I'll just make positive posts around here from now on.[/QUOTE]

Protip: Maybe they'd be nore interested tgyui'j
k
'jfr,'jxs;
'jsfk
]jsl

Sorry, I just smeared honey all over my keyboard.

Maybe they'd be more interested in engaging you for non-snarky conversation if you suggested what you'd rather see on sale, a conversational direction that seems to give everyone here a raging boner, myself included.

That being said, I can't think of what I'd like to see a discount on. Not at the moment anyway.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Maybe they'd be more interested in engaging you for non-snarky conversation if you suggested what you'd rather see on sale, a conversational direction that seems to give everyone here a raging boner, myself included.

That being said, I can't think of what I'd like to see a discount on. Not at the moment anyway.[/QUOTE]
I was just commenting that it wasn't an interesting sale to me. There doesn't need to be a discussion about why it's not interesting to me or whatever. If I wanted to have an in-depth discussion, the post would've been more in-depth to incite that sort of discussion.

[quote name='vince_carter']thread title made me think sega fighters megamix came to XBLA

disappoint[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout that, didn't know what else to call them.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']

That being said, I can't think of what I'd like to see a discount on. Not at the moment anyway.[/QUOTE]

Pid for me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was just commenting that it wasn't an interesting sale to me. There doesn't need to be a discussion about why it's not interesting to me or whatever. If I wanted to have an in-depth discussion, the post would've been more in-depth to incite that sort of discussion.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't think you realize just how much of a downer you really are. I was... just sayin'.

And I think you narrowly missed my point, but I'm really not interested in dragging this out.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Sorry bout that, didn't know what else to call them.[/QUOTE]

I think "Model 2 Fighters" is perfect, but whatevs, not important.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nowhere did I say anything like that. The games aren't for me, so it's a boring set of sales. I got a few of the Games on Demand that were on sale before, which makes it alright for me.

I'll just make positive posts around here from now on.[/QUOTE]

I apologize. Microsoft would have probably increased their XBLA revenue this week if they would have diversified the genres a little bit. It's their loss and our loss. I make too many negative posts so I'm in no place to poke fun. Sorry again.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Didn't see either of these things mentioned yet, but the Family Gold Pack is no longer available for purchase and the Kinect XBLA game Matter has been canceled.[/QUOTE]
-
And the cancellation news just keeps on coming ... New Dance Central 3 DLC Releases Ending in March .
-
[quote name='Harmonix']Hey everyone! The Dance Central 3 team has been hard at work, bringing you fresh routines with authentic, challenging choreography on an almost-weekly basis. Between downloadable content releases and disc routines from Dance Central and Dance Central 2, the Dance Central 3 song library now features over 200 tracks, an impressive list of hits spanning multiple genres, dance styles, and decades. That’s enough dancing to keep any party going all night!

As Harmonix moves forward with several new titles currently in development, the talented developers who make this content are needed on other projects. With the Dance Central DLC team moving around, this month will be the last DLC for Dance Central 3 for the near future. We’ll still be hard at work supporting the community with updated Live Challenges and leaderboards, and the Music Store will still be up and running for you to grab any routines you might have missed!

We’re always cooking up new ideas to keep you busy on the dance floor, so keep suggesting tracks and chatting with us and other Dance Central fans through these forums, the Dance Central Facebook page, and @Dance_Central on Twitter.[/quote]
-
Probably necessary to hold off hiring short-term employees (who would then be summarily laid off) and staff up some other Xbox 720 / PS4 / WiiU project. I'd imagine the Microsoft / Harmonix relationship is closing down ... since Microsoft now has other Kinect partners, and Harmonix has enjoyed good relations with all 3 platforms ... so we'll see what happens next. Maybe a closeout sale later in 2013?

Reminder, there's 2 current deals on points y'all should keep tabs on:
  • Buy the "Gears of War: Judgment" season pass card (aka 1600pts) @ GameStop for $19.99, get a 400pt code for free.
    Note, it's not available yet, but definitely on or before March 19th.
  • Buy a 1200pt card w/ (nearly)instant-delivery, and take 15% off with code @ Newegg for $12.75 post-discount.
    Code is only good between March 6th - 11th ... and like many Newegg deals, it could expire if demand exceeds expectations.

Both deals are over at EastX's "points & codes" thread here ... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248984

[quote name='Tsel']So what happens to current Family Gold Plan subscribers?[/QUOTE]

You'll just stay on the plan now until it expires, I'm not sure if you'll be able to renew into a new Family Gold Plan. I would assume not.

[quote name='Cornelius']-
And the cancellation news just keeps on coming ... New Dance Central 3 DLC Releases Ending in March .
-

-
Probably necessary to hold off hiring short-term employees (who would then be summarily laid off) and staff up some other Xbox 720 / PS4 / WiiU project. I'd imagine the Microsoft / Harmonix relationship is closing down ... since Microsoft now has other Kinect partners, and Harmonix has enjoyed good relations with all 3 platforms ... so we'll see what happens next. Maybe a closeout sale later in 2013?[/QUOTE]
Then again Dance Central is literally the flagship title of Microsoft's Kinect. It'd be stupid if they launch the new XBox with the new rumored packed in (but sounding more and more true) Kinect without DC4 as a launch title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back