XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boris1']just buy a 400 point code for $5 you'll have 300 extra for later nightmare is good and worth it it got me to get year of the snake for $7 they are like a whole new game where its always like halloween night for nightmare and always new years night on year of the snake with their own side missions too[/QUOTE]

I can't afford it, seriously can't. money is tight as I previously posted, I was quite lucky to even get Sleeping Dogs as my early birthday present.

Hey guys, I got some questions.

Is Mini Ninjas worth the 10 bucks? And if I had a choice of a Tomb Raider game, should I get Anniversary, Underworld, or neither?

After looking at reviews, I still can't get myself to pull the trigger on Sleeping Dogs. It's so cheap but I don't think I'll ever bother to play it. My cheapness says pick it up, surely I can get $5 worth of entertainment out of it, but then I look at my copy of GTA IV I played for about an hour and my copy of Red Dead Redemption complete I haven't even touched and I just can't do it. Bah!

[quote name='MRGx']can someone lend me 100 MSP? I'll pay you back when I get enough off Bing, I really want to pickup Nightmare in North Point but I'm 40 points short.[/QUOTE]

anyone? at all? c'mon, I'll likely have my 100 points on Tuesday and that'll be far too late

[quote name='tylerh1701']That American Mensa Academy demo was really awful![/QUOTE]

How bad, as I was thinking of picking it up.

Also EU Microsoft points work on Hungary accounts.
I got 2100 msp for £15.99 which works to be just over $24 AUS, would not be much different in American Dollars.
site was http://www.electronicfirst.com/
code was not instant but that might be because of the weekend, on site it says within 24 hours.

I know xbla games have two licenses so that anybody on the zbox can play them, but is it also the same for dlc? Just asking because I got Sleeping Dogs on my Hungary account and I was going to use my female account to get Nightmare in the North with her xbox rewards points but wasnt sure if my main account could use it.

Yes, you can get the Hungarian Sleeping Dogs and get the American DLC and it'll work. I Did it just a few days ago and reported here.

[quote name='the Gooseler']I know xbla games have two licenses so that anybody on the zbox can play them, but is it also the same for dlc?[/QUOTE]

I would think so, as my gf bought A World of Keflings with two DLCs some time ago and I played with her just fine, earning achievements and avatar awards as well :)

If we can take a break from someone pathetically begging for points over and over...

[quote name='ooga']
Are any of these worth picking up. They all seem pretty meh, especially at 400 MSP each.
  • American Mensa Academy
[/QUOTE]

I find American Mensa Academy is pretty fun. It's your typical brain training game, of which there is not an abundant supply on XBLA. Definitely not for everybody, but you should already know if you like the genre or not.
[quote name='sicsonic']Pair of classic Arcade Beat-Em-Ups, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara and Tower of Doom due to be released on PSN and XBLA[/QUOTE]

Fantastic news! Now if Capcom would only port the arcade Aliens vs. Predator and Willow games (Willow being a platformer, but still), Konami would port its Aliens arcade game, SEGA would port Spider-Man arcade, and somebody would rescue Captain America and The Avengers, then we'd have all the classic licensed brawlers of the 90s on XBLA.

I don't see why the hell my post gets deleted when asking for 100 MSP when I'll pay it back when other people who post the same thing doesn't get their post deleted, way to treat your loyal members CAG staff.

I don't see why the hell my post gets deleted when asking for 100 MSP when I'll pay it back when other people who post the same thing doesn't get their post deleted, way to treat your loyal members CAG staff. all I want is the Nightmare DLC and don't want to miss out on it for this cheap.

[quote name='eastx']
Fantastic news! Now if Capcom would only port the arcade Aliens vs. Predator and Willow games, Konami would port its Aliens arcade game, SEGA would port Spider-man arcade, and somebody would rescue Captain America and The Avengers, then we'd have all the classic licensed brawlers of the 90s on XBLA.[/QUOTE]
You forgot The Punisher arcade game as well.

Though I never got to play it in my youth, I remember as a kid glancing at The Battletoads arcade game at a Wal-Mart and never getting a chance to play it because we were leaving, but I remember it had some fantastic looking animation for a brawler. That's one I want revisited.

As much as I would be happy like everyone else to see the aforementioned games being given the "Arcade Cabinet" treatment, I guess they'll have to sort and/or renew a shitload of copyright licenses for all of them, but if they finally managed to do so with the two D&D games then there's hope after all...

Although I must admit that I'd like to see two of the other almost forgotten Capcom classics on XBLA/PSN first...

Three Wonders
Red Earth / Warzard

IIRC, neither has ever received an official home conversion, apart from emulation, and this makes me a sad panda. DO EET, CAPCPOM!

[quote name='Junpei']IIRC, neither has ever received an official home conversion, apart from emulation, and this makes me a sad panda. DO EET, CAPCPOM![/QUOTE]

You're half right. According to Wikipedia:

Three Wonders was ported in 1998 to the Sega Saturn and PlayStation.

Capcom rereleased this collection of games in 2006 onto Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox and Capcom Classics Collection Remixed on the PSP.

I agree they should bring to to XBLA though! And how silly of me to forget The Punisher in my licensed beat-em-up wishlist. Hopefully Capcom sees fit to rescue more of their licensed titles in the future.

[quote name='Dave4282']I need some opinions, as I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger; are the gta4 add-ons worth it (gay tony & l&d)?[/QUOTE]

Given our collective jealousy of Sath666's Spelunky skills and incredible Hungarian bargains which we'd all like a turn at the deal teat, it is a shame a question around the actual deal of the week gets buried and ignored. Granted it is understandable, because the current Deal of the Week for gold members is a multi-repeat offender offering. Although I am not qualified to answer the question due to my 0Gs of gamerscore on the game and add-ons (they're all still in my backlog), I will step up to the plate best I could given the circumstances.

In the US, I purchased a brand new physical copy of the complete edition ran me $15USD at the time (about a year to two years ago); however, if you already have the base game (GoD or physical disc), the two downloadable add-ons have not been priced lower than it is at the moment to my recollection. Based upon what my friends said (around 2010), The Lost and Damned features a more enjoyable GTA4 experience than the base game because it gives a meaty side story with a player character that is more tolerable and he doesn't babysit a relative. As for The Ballad of Gay Tony, I think it is supposed to be a more over-the-top experience expected of most open world sandbox games (think of tanks, or Saints Row 3/4 craziness), but I could be wrong as I have not played it yet. Until someone more knowledgeable chimes in, that's all which could be said by me to help you decide if it is worth the price.

[quote name='canvasch']yes, somone posted a few pages back that they bought sleeping dogs on hungarian account and bought dlc on american account and it worked[/QUOTE]

I decided to join in with everyone else here and decided to try to juggle between a few regions of Xbox Live (I chose not to get a Taiwanese account for the free Dungeons & Dragons XBLA title back then, but you guys kinda peer pressured me into) adding the Hungarian one to the mix. I am more curious about the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance VR Missions DLC which is exclusive to the PS3 only for my main two regions (US and Japan, exclusive in Japan because the game is not on the 360 there). I still have not purchased the game yet for either platform (so many preorder DLC costumes, and I want them all; still hyped about the game) because I am waiting on a bargain price for the game, but can anyone tell me would they be so mean to lock out the US version Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from using the DLC if I were to buy it from the Euro marketplace/dashboard because of the stupid regional exclusivity? I know the VR Missions DLC is free on the US PSN, while it is 240MSP on the 360, but I may still choose to buy the 360 version for the 1-2 frames per second better when framerate drops (I know the image quality and shadows are better on the PS3 version); the additional content does factor in to how I spend my money on this game that I want to own.
[YOUTUBE]lXfygtfkQ2M[/YOUTUBE]

Going through the Hungarian dashboard, I found plenty of titles which interests me. I would love to get/play Gray Matter (take a look, it's on the Euro Games on Demand, and it seems great), Under Defeat HD (I'll have to get on the competing platform), and Arcana Heart 3 (have on competing platform, but would love to play with my Euro 360 friends) on my 360, but alas I know they are region locked from me (US 360). I already have a physical copy of Dodonpachi Resurrection, it was surprisingly very low in price even with shipping from the UK, and is one of my more favorite purchases, but the sweet European titles like this tend not to be region free. I guess aside from our purchase of GoD Sleeping Dogs, the XBLA Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Special Editions would be the only benefit I can see with juggling a Euro Xbox Live account (has it or its DLC ever gone on discount?). Also a shame I was unable to find the Xbox Originals Fahrenheit, to play the awkward polygonal sexy time we were denied here in the states. That's it everyone, Euro Trip!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any reviews out there for the online DLC for Scott Pilgrim?[/QUOTE]

The netcode is spotty. So far from my experience, online games seem to run at a lower framerate, the more players the lower the framerate. That's if you do manage to connect with the other players. Implicit "rule of thumb" so far in its early going, I have found: a lobby for world 1 tend to have people just trying out the online (they cannot continue on to worlds 2-7 and will disconnect everyone after), a lobby set up for a max 2 players tend to be for achievement hunters needing another player to get through with the various characters (typically starts at the checkpoint before a stage end, and quits out after stage completion), and a 4 player lobby means persons willing to deal with the lag and potential of a non-connection just to have some fun, so maybe a 3 player lobby for worlds 2-7 is the "happy medium." You will find me lonely waiting for 3 others which I can connect to ^^. Casting aside what seems like all negatives I mentioned, online is a generic alternative for those who cannot play the wonderful game with others locally. Wallace plays mostly like Stephen Stills, and a few of his animation frames/poses look like they were done without the supervision of Paul Robertson. In the end, I bought the DLC, even at the full 400MSP price, because I love the game. I know my offbeat opinion likely doesn't match many others, but I recommend it; you don't often see a game 2 years removed from release getting this sort of love in additional content/features.

[quote name='sicsonic']Pair of classic Arcade Beat-Em-Ups, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara and Tower of Doom due to be released on PSN and XBLA[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I love these two games. I still have them on the Sega Saturn, but they are imperfect ports, since it only has a maximum of 2 player simultaneous play. A couple arcades around here had two machines connected to allow for the maximum 4-player enjoyment, and I hope this new XBLA release offers 4-player online play. This opens the door to other great Capcom brawlers on XBLA like Aliens Vs. Predator, Battle Circuit, Powered Gear, Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, The Punisher, Cadallacs & Dinosaurs, and others I cannot remember at the moment. These two D&D games inspires a game I am really looking forward to, and will get my purchase to tell Capcom that I want more of these games. My hype level cannot be contained.

[quote name='Sath666']Yeah, Giana Sisters will get price drop fast, i'm waiting. Probably will download Alien Spidy at release for 800msp.
Talking about Crimson Dragon - meh. Don't want to buy kinect. Standard controller support or bust! :p[/QUOTE]

I am glad one kickstarter game which promised a XBLA release will come out in Giana Sisters. I was getting pretty sad my well of anticipated XBLA titles were drying up to depend on crowd funded games like Pier Solar HD and Cryamore, until the announcement of the aforementioned Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow of Mystara and Tower of Doom collection.

As for Crimson Dragon, I am in complete agreement with you. I do desire more Panzer Dragoon games, but I'm not willing to spend for an additional peripheral to play it. [I love the Virtual On games, and I cannot play it as I do with the twin sticks, but given the price, I have to settle for using the inferior stock controller, I hope Crimson Dragon offers the option as well.]

[quote name='ooga']I guess if you have to shoehorn it into a category you can say it's a platformer. Its far from a traditional one though.[/QUOTE]

I am glad you retracted the statement because I was getting more wary of the game if it isn't a platformer as the preview videos displayed. I know my expectations took a good groin kick with demos of Brütal Legend and Sonic Unleashed not representative of the final product. Now I'll likely wait for it to hit a price around 400-600MSP before I'll start considering a purchase. Still this "game changing" fascinates me like the things that had been said about Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Since we know tomorrow's deals, mostly repeats, I hope we get saved again by other discounts from side sales, otherwise more CAGs are just going to risk the EULA infractions to feed their need. This thread may never be the same again. On that note, has anyone gotten any word on the fate of the Sales & Specials + app?

[quote name='eastx']You're half right.[/QUOTE]

I think I didn't remember that because I wasn't so hot into retrogaming at the time, so I'm not sure if I even knew about those compilation's existence :D

But browsing through games they included on those discs made me thirsty for some couch co-op with titles such as The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round and Captain Commando... how come those beat'em ups still hold their charm even after all these years? Maybe that's why I love Batman, Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza combat, after all... I'd really like to see some implementation of the lovely Freeflow system in a cooperative multiplayer title :cool:

[quote name='tylerh1701']That American Mensa Academy demo was really awful![/QUOTE]

If it was JUST awful, then they must've improved it since the last time I demo'ed it. It was catastrophically terrible to say the least. Damn you Tyler for making me remember that game.

[quote name='bardockkun']And I'm still debating on Brave and I kinda don't know why I even want it.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for my daughter to play and she loves it. It's a solid little twin stick shooter with elemental / choice in power up thing going for it (ie there are enemies of fire, water, earth, etc elements and you need to hit them with the opposing element to do the most damage). Was worth $10 for her to have some fun with. Maybe someday I'll get an easy 1k GS out of it too.

[quote name='Crono-00'] I found plenty of titles which interests me. I would love to get/play Gray Matter (take a look, it's on the Euro Games on Demand, and it seems great), [/QUOTE]

I remember looking through the GOD when I first got a Hungarian account ages ago and noticing Gray Matter and thinking this is so the sort of game I'd love why haven't I heard diddly about it. I'd love to get my hands onto it. But will probably have to settle for watching a "Let's Play" at some point perhaps.

Sigh. Can anyone confirm if it's region-locked, you seem to say that it is. I think I was hoping to import it at some point but perhaps that's impossible as well if it's region locked. I just never understand why publishers bother to region lock stuff in this day and age. Especially stuff that you can't get in other countries like Gray Matter or No More Heroes: Paradise (for the 360). I want to slap so many people for making games that look so good, not publishing them anywhere where I can buy them and then making it impossible for me to import them. Maybe at some point I'll buy a cheap 360 when they really fall even more in price once the next-gen console comes out (for instance I bought a Wii for $8 a week after the Wii U cameout) and Jtag it so that I can play whatever I want. Usually I'm not into pirating or doing stuff like that but what other options do I have. Just annoys me that I'll have to have another console lying around to just play a handful of games. Will of course annoy the gf more, but that's what bfs are supposed to do right?

[quote name='eastx']You're half right. According to Wikipedia:

I agree they should bring to to XBLA though! And how silly of me to forget The Punisher in my licensed beat-em-up wishlist. Hopefully Capcom sees fit to rescue more of their licensed titles in the future.[/QUOTE]
Saturday Night Slammasters.

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']Hey guys, I got some questions.

Is Mini Ninjas worth the 10 bucks? And if I had a choice of a Tomb Raider game, should I get Anniversary, Underworld, or neither?[/QUOTE]

Do you have any love for the original PSX Tomb Raider? TR:Anniversary is just that, a reimagining of the very-first game using the TR:Legend engine. I haven't gotten to TR:Underworld but I've seen it played, it's a bit more complex (now you can target two enemies with your dual-pistols, ooh! And shoot whlie walking tightropes, exciting!) still as single-mindedly Tomb Raider-y as the pre-modern reboot.

[quote name='xbox_man']How bad, as I was thinking of picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I guess it does what it's supposed to do just fine. It's really just tons of IQ-test style questions repeated over and over (in the demo there was pattern recognition, alphabetizing, missing letters, simple math, etc). I'm sure the questions do get far more challenging as the game goes on, but I don't think I'd ever get a second of "fun" out of it, because the questions aren't fun to me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I mean, I guess it does what it's supposed to do just fine. It's really just tons of IQ-test style questions repeated over and over (in the demo there was pattern recognition, alphabetizing, missing letters, simple math, etc). I'm sure the questions do get far more challenging as the game goes on, but I don't think I'd ever get a second of "fun" out of it, because the questions aren't fun to me.[/QUOTE]

Also, I found the presentation to be very boring and crude. The voices made me mute the demo. But that's just me.

I just created a new account specifically to take advantage of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs GoD deal, but somehow the newly created account was given the US Region on Xbox Live instead of Hungary. I am about to migrate it to Hungary, but do not see Hungary listed in the Regions. What is it listed under? Thank you in advance.

Is it "Magyaroszag?"

[quote name='fei33']I just created a new account specifically to take advantage of the wonderful Sleeping Dogs GoD deal, but somehow the newly created account was given the US Region on Xbox Live instead of Hungary. I am about to migrate it to Hungary, but do not see Hungary listed in the Regions. What is it listed under? Thank you in advance.

Is it "Magyaroszag?"[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='ooga']Yes[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Okay. What DLC's for Sleeping Dogs are worth buying on sale? I am definitely picking up the Nightmare at North Point, but are there any other ones on sale that people highly recommend?

[quote name='xbox_man']What are some opinions on the 2 Tomb Raider Underworld dlc items on sale?[/QUOTE]
The general consensus online in terms of reviews seems to be Lara's Shadow is the only one worth getting since new gameplay and better ties in with the game.

[quote name='Ciffy']I bought it for my daughter to play and she loves it. It's a solid little twin stick shooter with elemental / choice in power up thing going for it (ie there are enemies of fire, water, earth, etc elements and you need to hit them with the opposing element to do the most damage). Was worth $10 for her to have some fun with. Maybe someday I'll get an easy 1k GS out of it too.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, thanks. Still debating, but also the fact my HDD space keeps dwindling is the other thing bothering me now as well.

[quote name='fei33']Thank you.

Okay. What DLC's for Sleeping Dogs are worth buying on sale? I am definitely picking up the Nightmare at North Point, but are there any other ones on sale that people highly recommend?[/QUOTE]

Zodiak Tournament is like an old Shaw Bros movie, complete with scratches and out-of-sync dubbing.

[quote name='Vegan']Zodiak Tournament is like an old Shaw Bros movie, complete with scratches and out-of-sync dubbing.[/QUOTE]

is that one on sale?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its DLC. Any thoughts? I actually really liked Alpha Protocol and thought this looked kind of like it.

I already got Sleeping Dogs, had tons of fun with that.

[quote name='Briar36']Thinking about pulling the trigger on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its DLC. Any thoughts? I actually really liked Alpha Protocol and thought this looked kind of like it.

I already got Sleeping Dogs, had tons of fun with that.[/QUOTE]

if you like RPGs you can't go wrong with Deus Ex, one of the best games of 2011 and this generation.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']if you like RPGs you can't go wrong with Deus Ex, one of the best games of 2011 and this generation.[/QUOTE]

This. Very good game.

[quote name='Briar36']Thinking about pulling the trigger on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its DLC. Any thoughts? I actually really liked Alpha Protocol and thought this looked kind of like it.

If you liked Alpha Protocol, you'll like Human Revolution!

I really enjoyed AP, warts and all, but I loved DE:HR. The DLC is kind of a stand-alone thing, but its well done and still kind of interesting. Not worth full price, but I'd say its worth it on sale.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']if you like RPGs you can't go wrong with Deus Ex, [/QUOTE]

That's one of the craziest things I've read in awhile. I love RPGs and hated Deus Ex but it's not really applicable because it's not even close to an RPG in gameplay, structure or anything really.

I will be the voice of opposition.
I didn't like Deus Ex... found it boring and tedious to play in stealth mode, good enough that I always think of playing, but never can make myself go back and finish it.

[quote name='Sanges99']Do you have any love for the original PSX Tomb Raider? TR:Anniversary is just that, a reimagining of the very-first game using the TR:Legend engine. I haven't gotten to TR:Underworld but I've seen it played, it's a bit more complex (now you can target two enemies with your dual-pistols, ooh! And shoot whlie walking tightropes, exciting!) still as single-mindedly Tomb Raider-y as the pre-modern reboot.[/QUOTE]

Alright then. Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth it or no?

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']Alright then. Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth it or no?[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering this myself. I enjoyed the demo, but I think I'll pass for now since the DLC is also $10 and I probably will never get around to playing the game.

Just saw this and it reminded me of this thread when everyone was talking about the older Resident Evil games.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I've been wondering this myself. I enjoyed the demo, but I think I'll pass for now since the DLC is also $10 and I probably will never get around to paying the game.

Just saw this and it reminded me of this thread when everyone was talking about the older Resident Evil games.[/QUOTE]

The description of the game sounds promising and all so I'll bite the bullet on it along with Mini Ninjas

This past week I am thankful for the Square-Enix discounts which saved the week from those evil repeat Deal of the Week offers. The Square-Enix sale were not the discounts we deserved, but the discounts we needed them to be. I hope in the rush to partake in the new Sleeping Dogs offers, I did not make any mistakes in my purchases. There were a few landmines from what I can tell for the DLC, some of the DLC were not on a discount (typically the good meaty ones), some of the discounted DLC was bundled inside other DLC packs (i.e. Dragon Master pack) which could be on discount, and some are just "time saving booster" DLC which could be earned through natural play (e.g. silver pack). I am thankful for the OP to help me in my decision.

My take for the week included some non-CAG full price purchases of Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds DLC and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game DLC, but given my love for the two games, they were worth it to me. Most of us gained a new European Xbox Live gamertag for the opportunity at a bargain Games on Demand Sleeping Dogs, but I also gained the added benefit of finally getting the DLC for my Dodonpachi Resurrection while expensive at 800MSP, I love the game and I do not see the Black Label DLC getting a discount in the near future (besides you can see in the video, it's 1200MSP on the Japanese marketplace, so it is less for the Hungarian account, plus I can play it ^^). I spent a lot this week, but it was all for games I really love, so please don't revoke my CAG card =(.

[quote name='skonson']I remember looking through the GOD when I first got a Hungarian account ages ago and noticing Gray Matter and thinking this is so the sort of game I'd love why haven't I heard diddly about it. I'd love to get my hands onto it. But will probably have to settle for watching a "Let's Play" at some point perhaps.

Sigh. Can anyone confirm if it's region-locked, you seem to say that it is. I think I was hoping to import it at some point but perhaps that's impossible as well if it's region locked. I just never understand why publishers bother to region lock stuff in this day and age. Especially stuff that you can't get in other countries like Gray Matter or No More Heroes: Paradise (for the 360). I want to slap so many people for making games that look so good, not publishing them anywhere where I can buy them and then making it impossible for me to import them. [...][/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, the Xbox 360 version of Gray Matter (sorry, my previous post linked to official website, this time it is the 2010 English trailer) is region locked to former PAL regions. If you are in a region where you are unable to play it on your 360, you can opt for the PC version. I think it is up for Steam Greenlight, and I do think it deserves to have an expanded audience. While not a "Lets Play" video, here's a random youtube review video (which I am not associated with) it may push you over the edge in desiring the game as it did for me. I understand you don't trust me, so you are seeking others to confirm its region locking, you can try to purchase the Games on Demand since it is just 960MSP on the Hungarian marketplace (it will mention the different region of your console, assuming you have a US 360), but I am out of Microsoft Points after my purchases there at this time.

As for region locking, I am sure there may be reasons. Traditionally, it is for the benefit of localization teams, for staggered release dates for vastly different regions. Maybe it is just for caution with acceptable content to abide by censorship rules of various regions. I know a couple Japanese 360 owners import games from the US (even ones developed in Japan) because it is so much cheaper and the exchange rate makes it even more cheaper, there are CAGs there too ^^; which is why Persona 4 Arena was the first game I know about on the PS3 where US and Japan's releases both were region locked, needless to say the 360's were as well.

I know importing console games and purchasing import arcade boards back in the day was difficult due to a lot of the primary outlets in Japan were burned badly by a few bad apples, which were very visible in those markets (they seem to capitalize, and resell higher to more desiring good importing customers at inflated rates due to their ability to manipulate situations), those bad apples soured the wholesalers desire to sell to foreigners [plus making the good people of these small niche communities suffer]. Those with good relationships with those outlets, were begged by the Japanese sellers to reason with those bad apples to no avail, and so artifacts of this distrust remain in Yahoo Japan auctions and on publisher's direct sales defaulting to "we do not sell to overseas consumers" to this day. Things may have changed since, but the damage had been done, and maybe that's also another reason for the region locking (at least from Japan).

[quote name='Cleaner7']Just saw this and it reminded me of this thread when everyone was talking about the older Resident Evil games.[/QUOTE]

I am really looking forward to the upcoming RE game which I hear harkens back to older Resident Evil games with a more modern perspective and control scheme. Plus it appears to feature delicious Jill sandwich. (Then there's the RE6xL4D2 sadly only on PC T_T)

[quote name='Zonic505']Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is getting a physical release on April 30th for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Woot! Now I just have to hold out for a retailer to have it on a discount. I am hoping around $10USD, for me to finally enjoy this game on the 360 with my 360 friends. The physical medium does give me a higher chance at bargains than waiting on Xbox Live to recognize my needs for bargains. This is why I hope games on physical media don't go the way of the dodo, just because I like having different avenues for the best possible prices.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Damn, at first I thought Double Dragon Neon was getting a sequel. I'll take that DD2 remake in any case. I had low expectations for Neon and that turned out to be one of my personal best games of 2012.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I had always secretly desired this to be made for XBLA. It seems like it was a one time deal, and that makes me sad. It's the oddball, which is my personal favorite of the Double Dragon series. Still, I am continuing my wait for Neon to get a discount so I can have it in my 360's library/backlog as well (PS+ let me try it out so I know I enjoy the game). The initial video of an early build of that DD2 remake does make me nervous, but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised as I was with Neon. [I had only recently learned the vehicle in Billy/Jimmy's garage is the same vehicle in the old Sega MegaCD game Road Avenger, as with the helicopter of 2 from Thunder Storm]

Knowing I spent too much last week, in the back of my head I welcome the break a bit with the repeat discounts from Ubisoft. I'll continue to shake my fist at their refusal to lower the price acceptably for From Dust and I Am Alive; Ubisoft didn't even give me a early adopter's discount on the Wallace Wells DLC ($4USD on the competing platform, 400MSP for me only remedied by lower price Microsoft Points on the 360, but I'm greedy like that since I double dipped). The two platformers due out for release on XBLA tomorrow intrigue me, but not at their release prices, so we'll talk about them when they get a significant discount. I hope the Sales & Specials + app comes back, otherwise we will need someone, somewhere to save us again for bargains this coming week. Help us Hungary, you're our only hope ...

[quote name='franscodelamrte']To Any football fans out there (nfl that is) Hope your team is having a good Free Agency period[/QUOTE]

Ah, the footie. Couple of additions, nothing major, still plenty of voids in the roster, fortunately the draft appears to have plenty at positions needed, we have salary cap issues, and we don't win, so everyone else better let me have this, the offseason is all I have =/

I understand you don't trust me said:
Sigh. No. I think I just read your first post incorrectly and wasn't sure if you were confirming it being region locked or just speculating. I trust you mate. Sadly I don't really game on my Mac so I'd prefer to play it on my Xbox. In saying that, I'm now in a PAL region (moved to Australia with my Canadian NTSC Xbox). I'm curious if I bought a local PAL Xbox at some point if I'd be able to play some of this region locked Euro games. Can you or anyone confirm this? I guess I just don't know if it's more of the fact that things are locked to a physical region like DVDS or if it's a PAL/NTSC thingy.

Anyways sorry again if it seemed like I was mistrusting you. Bronies forever mate!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wait, Dodonpachi's DLC is on sale? Or is that the regular price? I gotta get in on that if I can if so.[/QUOTE]

That's the regular price on the Hungarian Marketplace, it's just lower than the regular price of the same DLC on the Japanese Marketplace. I apologize for any misunderstandings, I'm still in the process of cleaning up my post =(.

Also of note there's the 80MSP DLC on the Hungarian Marketplace which was the first edition pack-in DLC on the Japanese version of the game. I grabbed that too, it is the 1.51 update to Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu. As a warning, if achievements are your thing, both DLCs has no achievements attached to them.

I could have sworn I read somewhere Dodonpachi Maximum was planned for a simultaneous release across regions. It may even be released by Cave directly, based on the video, but I've not heard of any localization companies yet. Pain is imminent if they meant only Windows Phone, because I lack that.

EDIT: dammit, at least I can play it on iPad acoording to its official website (it is just a timed exclusive for Windows Phone first, good for you achievement hunters), it's an original game for the platforms ... I'd still want to play the game with a controller though (as I did buy Cave games on both the fruit devices and the 360).

[quote name='Crono-00']That's the regular price on the Hungarian Marketplace, it's just lower than the regular price of the same DLC on the Japanese Marketplace. I apologize for any misunderstandings, I'm still in the process of cleaning up my post =(.

Also of note there's the 80MSP DLC on the Hungarian Marketplace which was the first edition pack-in DLC on the Japanese version of the game. I grabbed that too, it is the 1.51 update to Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, make me cash in some Bing points why don't you! I'm a sucker for shumps. Still need to grab the Bullet Soul DLC sometime too. :D

Im thinking of buying the nightmare at north point DLC before the prices change. How much extra gameplay will it give me? And is it worth it?

Im sure its been discussed a thousand times over in this thread but Im not at a computer so Im opting to be both lazy and frugal. Forgive me. Any help would be much appreciated as Im choosing between this and another playthrough of beyond good and evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back