XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Comic Jumper's gameplay is so mindnumbingly bad. Every single enemy is a bullet sponge and it didn't take long for me to just start running through levels and avoiding all the fights I could. Yes, the dialogue is pretty good, but you're much better off watching a playthrough on youtube. Got all the achievements except the one for firing off like 1,000,000 shots or whatever. I wasn't even close at the end so I couldn't be bothered to tape down the trigger and let the game sit for an hour. Awfiul game.

Splosion games are the only worthwhile ones Twisted Pixel has done IMO.

[quote name='Twista48']someone pls talk me out of getting WFC[/QUOTE]

You don't really want us too. I mean, I even want it, but I need to save up for possible impulse buys coming up in a couple days.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']anyone have an opinion on if Heathfire is worth it? I've still got a ton of Skyrim left, but it's pretty cheap[/QUOTE]

Is creating an upgradeable house/mansion for time away adventuring and questing sound uninteresting? Does adopting a child scare you?

Do you have Skyrim for the PC with mods of your liking?

(all rhetorical)

Somebody weigh in and help me decide: Do I wait for all of the Skyrim DLC to be on disc or grab it now digitally? I waited for both Fallout to get GOTY treatment, but I own Skyrim digitally, so.....

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']anyone have an opinion on if Heathfire is worth it? I've still got a ton of Skyrim left, but it's pretty cheap[/QUOTE]

It's a side quest of gofor items. Fun as a brief time killer, but nothing that you must have. For the sale price its worth it if you just want to play some more gofor quests in Skyrim.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Is creating an upgradeable house/mansion for time away adventuring and questing sound uninteresting?[/QUOTE]
I found adopting a kid was actually kind of cool-- though a little dissonant to hear my new daughter talk about how Aela the Huntress taught her how to keep the house clean and bake an apple pie and such. :lol: Building the houses is kind of cool but I was already happy with using my house in Solitude as a base of operations so I didn't feel like moving into one of the new ones. Mostly I just completed it for the achievements.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Somebody weigh in and help me decide: Do I wait for all of the Skyrim DLC to be on disc or grab it now digitally? I waited for both Fallout to get GOTY treatment, but I own Skyrim digitally, so.....[/QUOTE]

Well if you already have Skyrim Digital, you probably already dropped $30-$40 on that. The DLC right now is $22.50 with 1-2 more major DLCs left. So probably around $35-$45 of DLC if you buy it on sale.

A GOTY version will at least be $40 at launch, most likely $60. If its anything like oblivion GOTY then it won't go on sale under $30 for at least another year.

So either get your DLC now or wait 1.5 years for a $10 discount on the disc version. Only positive is that disc version can be resold.

Depends on when you want to play it really.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I found adopting a kid was actually kind of cool-- though a little dissonant to hear my new daughter talk about how Aela the Huntress taught her how to keep the house clean and bake an apple pie and such. :lol: Building the houses is kind of cool but I was already happy with using my house in Solitude as a base of operations so I didn't feel like moving into one of the new ones. Mostly I just completed it for the achievements.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda thinking about it mainly for the achievements as well:lol:still not sure though:whistle2:k

[quote name='irafreak']It doesn't even show up as pending...[/QUOTE]

Really this is conversation best-saved for here, but your 1% that's not showing up, are you Gold for the entire length of the month? Everyone seems to forget that part. If so, I'd shoot them an email/tweet they seem to fix things, sporadically, if you actually bring it to their attention.

Thanks. I was able to add it to my fake account. So when I get home I'll log into that account and try to download it and see if I'm still able to.

[quote name='bardockkun']And there goes most of what's left of my HDD space...[/QUOTE]
no shit, 7.63GB.

thanks for posting, the thread is now gone BTW, so get ready for a tide of questions on how to do this. Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bajingo']no shit, 7.63GB.

thanks for posting, the thread is now gone BTW, so get ready for a tide of questions on how to do this.[/QUOTE]

I can still see the thread.

[quote name='Bradisback']Well since everything goes in here

Free assassins creed III

Mine is dl now :)[/QUOTE]

This site makes my kids smile everyday, and you sir are the unknown hero of the week! Now, if only I could get them back in the bedroom to play w/ the 1000s of legos they have so I can get some 360 time, that would be wonderful.:applause:

(Newb, so had to remove the link from quote)

hmph. i think i'm too late to the free party. trying to complete the purchase it says - "sorry. couldn't complete purchase, please try again". or something like that. boo having to be at work!

Hmmm...I was able to get the game tied to my account, but not I can't start the download. Guess I missed it too.

EDIT: Looks like the game has been pulled from the Chinese Marketplace.

Damn, I really want to try Assassin's Creed III....but not for $40. Bummed I missed the glitch.

Anyway, someone asked many pages back if Midnight Club: LA is any good. Personally it's my favorite racing game, but that's mostly because the recipe is exactly what I was looking for: an arcade racer set in a realistic, open world environment with cop chases and sweet rides.

Thanks for the feedback on Just Cause 2. I thought the demo was good, but it didn't blow me away. The combat didn't feel very fluid, but I'll give it another shot and probably buy it anyway if nothing more exciting surfaces on Monday (or with the Microsoft Publisher sale)..... I am definitely going to buy Dead Rising: Case 0 though. I never finished the first Dead Rising, but I think this could be the right dosage for me, especially at only 160 msp.

I bought Transformers: War for Cybertron last time it was on sale but haven't played it yet....just thought I'd share that.

For those whose downloads seem to have frozen, don't panic, apparently that can happen with these cross-region downloads.

Well that's saved me waiting till AC3 hit $15 or less.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

EDIT: Looks like the game has been pulled from the Chinese Marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Yup that's why it stopped dling for me and won't let me redl it. So for those who got it early lucky them

[quote name='yokuo']Does anyone know of a Microsoft Point sale (preferably at a lower cost than the Coinstar promo)?[/QUOTE]
If you live in the Pacific Northwest, or western Canada ... "Fred Meyer" has 2 specials that will save 15-25% ...

• Sat, 3/30 from 7a-1p ... clip the "Save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150" coupon from the "DOORBUSTER SALE" flyer good for the Electronics dept. Unfortunately, I can't find a stackable 2nd coupon or discount that's valid for THAT Saturday, so the max is 20% savings.
  • Sun, 3/31 - Sat 4/6 ... clip the "Video Game Accessories SAVE 15%" coupon from the "Free Your Imagination" electronics dept. ad. If you know anyone 55 or older, head in on Tues (4/2), and ask any cashier for the "Senior Discount", and an extra 10% will get deducted off Electronics, Apparel, and Home/Garden. This equates to 25% (or even 27.5%) off, depending if savings are line-items on your receipt, or the senior discount occurs after your merchandise is totaled.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. Microsoft doing a cashback promotion that gives back a decent amount of points is a surprise.[/quote]
Agreed ... even though it's tied to XBLA, this is still a major win for us!
-
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't see any posts where people are saying it can't be talked about here. They're just saying it doesn't belong in the OP.[/QUOTE]
There's already a "free Xbox Marketplace thread" for stuff like this ... which we can easily link to in the OP ... but to more direct, it requires a previous purchase of 2-4 participating snack items to get 1-2 "free" games. Therefore, it's not an XBLA "sale", but rather a "gift with purchase", and not everyone in the USA/Canada may be able to redeem it, since there are very likely participation rules, plus some regions that won't have the branded snack items.

[quote name='Estbarul']I migrated the Chinese account to my country, canceled the download, and started the download again, it's working![/QUOTE]

Really? That worked?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Really? That worked?[/QUOTE]

I just did the same, as for some reason I was signed out of XBL while it was downloading and it's not in my games list. It's taking a LONG time, but I'm still hopeful. There isn't any way this could come back to bite me is there? I just get a bit paranoid about stuff like this:cold:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']There isn't any way this could come back to bite me is there? I just get a bit paranoid about stuff like this:cold:[/QUOTE]

It's too late to worry about it now. ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel'] I just get a bit paranoid about stuff like this:cold:[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how, these things have happened in the past and nothing seems to come of it.

Whoever got to do it, your fine. It's not a hack, it's their fault for being sloppy and you didn't break any user agreement. Those who didn't finish before the lid was closed or completely missed it...

*reaches for a handshake, then pulls away at the last moment*. Too slow.

No really, sorry about those who missed it, I usually miss these things.

BOOYAH! Finally finished (went from stuck at 78% to finish in a flash) and it's working on both accounts (main and the new one I made). So psyched it actually worked, I almost always miss these (missed the SSX one). Not a game I'm going to play anytime soon, but for free I'm definitely excited:bouncy:

[quote name='Estbarul']Yep, 20% by now. I know, pretty slow but my connection it's just of 2mb.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this appears to have worked for me. I migrated my Chinese account back to the USA and queued up the download. It's at 6% currently. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back