XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing too exciting about the Xbox One so far, except of course shiny new games. I will be getting one along with a PS4. I would bet many others here will too. It's easy to have no interest in it now, but Microsoft is playing to the cheap seats with this one, which means there's going to be a mainstream media frenzy around it. Come November, many people (though not all, or even most) will find it hard to resist. We like being cheap around here, but we also like buying things.

As far as backlogs, I have 500+ unplayed games from this generation. My 360 and PS3 will sit comfortably alongside my Xbox One and PS4 as I play games both new and old. I don't think of my game library as a backlog any more than I think of my book library as a backlog. It's a collection, and I don't feel any particularly pressing need to churn through it.

[quote name='illennium']There is nothing too exciting about the Xbox One so far, except of course shiny new games. I will be getting one along with a PS4. I would bet many others here will too. It's easy to have no interest in it now, but Microsoft is playing to the cheap seats with this one, which means there's going to be a mainstream media frenzy around it. Come November, many people (though not all, or even most) will find it hard to resist. We like being cheap around here, but we also like buying things.

As far as backlogs, I have 500+ unplayed games from this generation. My 360 and PS3 will sit comfortably alongside my Xbox One and PS4 as I play games both new and old. I don't think of my game library as a backlog any more than I think of my book library as a backlog. It's a collection, and I don't feel any particularly pressing need to churn through it.[/QUOTE]

I'm underwhelmed by the Xbox One. Unless they have further changes in store after it releases, I'll be waiting at *least* two years after launch to get it. I would get the PS4 sooner than the Xbox One if the prices were the same, but I'm guessing the PS4 will be at least $100 more. For this generation's consoles, I got the Xbox 360 in November 2008 and the PS3 last July.

I have a feeling I'll be a typical cheap-ass and wait for the 2nd or 3rd iteration of the next-gen consoles (i.e. the "fat" 360 Elite, the "first" PS3 Slim, etc.) Launch prices tend to be steep, and I'm not an early adopter in any realm of technology.

2016 it is, then! :booty:

[quote name='illennium']There is nothing too exciting about the Xbox One so far, except of course shiny new games. I will be getting one along with a PS4. I would bet many others here will too. It's easy to have no interest in it now, but Microsoft is playing to the cheap seats with this one, which means there's going to be a mainstream media frenzy around it. Come November, many people (though not all, or even most) will find it hard to resist. We like being cheap around here, but we also like buying things.

As far as backlogs, I have 500+ unplayed games from this generation. My 360 and PS3 will sit comfortably alongside my Xbox One and PS4 as I play games both new and old. I don't think of my game library as a backlog any more than I think of my book library as a backlog. It's a collection, and I don't feel any particularly pressing need to churn through it.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying. That's why I've already said I talk a big game now, but after E3 and whatever else they release between now and November, I'm sure I'll get interested. Probably not day 1 interested, but enough to pay attention to the used market a few months later. I didn't get my first 360 until I found one while working at a GameStop probably a year after release and I only got it because someone traded it in wrong without taking the harddrive seperate.

And yeah, I look at my backlog as both. Yes, it's my collection, but it's also bought with my intention of playing. I wouldn't buy that many books if I weren't going to read them(I just killed most of my comic/graphic novel list finally in the past couple of months). The collecting is part of the fun, but I also want to be able to say I've experianced what I own and not just have a ton of shrink wrapped garbage... like the copy of Neverdead I have laying on my shelf unopened :lol:

[quote name='tuffguycore']The collecting is part of the fun, but I also want to be able to say I've experianced what I own and not just have a ton of shrink wrapped garbage... like the copy of Neverdead I have laying on my shelf unopened :lol:[/QUOTE]
I played Neverdead to the end, and the way it's played is an original and interesting idea. Overall it's not too funny to play (the controls are awkward), but it has plenty of jokes and the story it's ok, also, you can upgrade the character's habilities.

At least it's not long by any means, thanks God. So you can beat it in a weekend or two and have that game out of the way/backlog.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Disney Universe DLC?

I picked it up as a "girlfriend game," (something to play with the non-gamer lady of the house) since she liked the demo enough, but we haven't even cracked the case open yet. I almost auto-downloaded the Phineas & Ferb dlc on theme alone, but for $3 on a game I haven't even started, and have no idea if I'd ever finish, gave me some last-second hesitation.

[quote name='E.Nich']I played Neverdead to the end, and the way it's played is an original and interesting idea. Overall it's not too funny to play (the controls are awkward), but it has plenty of jokes and the story it's ok, also, you can upgrade the character's habilities.

At least it's not long by any means, thanks God. So you can beat it in a weekend or two and have that game out of the way/backlog.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I've heard. I tried probably the first two missions and hated the difference in controls between the sword and the guns. IT's like two different games.

I also hated how often you get blown apart. I'm not afraid to admit I play a lot of games I want to just experiance on easy(I know around here you're supposed to be an cheevo/trophy whore, but I don't care about them) just to experiance the game and even on that I feel like it's too easy to fall apart.

There is an ability later in the game that makes you harder to fall apart. It should've been like that to begin with, but it certainly helps the game when you do get it. I guess they did it the way they did because most of the time you can't die and they figured gamers would get bored.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Haha, yeah, I've heard. I tried probably the first two missions and hated the difference in controls between the sword and the guns. IT's like two different games.

I also hated how often you get blown apart. I'm not afraid to admit I play a lot of games I want to just experiance on easy(I know around here you're supposed to be an cheevo/trophy whore, but I don't care about them) just to experiance the game and even on that I feel like it's too easy to fall apart.[/QUOTE]
Yes, is very easy to fall apart, but once you upgrade the limbless movement you can drag yourself on the ground pretty fast :roll::lol: The game is not difficult (maybe the sub-boss and final boss, because is a bitch to move if you miss a leg or so), you can play it in normal with no problems at all, after all, you are unkillable :cool:

The sword controls are the worse thing in the game imo.

[quote name='E.Nich']Yes, is very easy to fall apart, but once you upgrade the limbless movement you can drag yourself on the ground pretty fast :roll::lol: The game is not difficult (maybe the sub-boss and final boss, because is a bitch to move if you miss a leg or so), you can play it in normal with no problems at all, after all, you are unkillable :cool:

The sword controls are the worse thing in the game imo.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they'd bother me if it was one or the other, it's the fact you have to switch back and forth so often usually in the middle of a new enemy getting too close.

It's true. I assumed in a game like that the final boss would be... A giant pain in the ass. Maybe I'll wait for a rainy day and try again just to get it off my pile haha

Just had a little conversation with Xbox Support and they brought the City Lights DLC back to the marketplace now, they didn't even notice that the pulled the full dlc instead of the trial LOL so yeah anyone can get the City Lights DLC for Doritos Crash Course now if you missed it earlier! =D

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Just had a little conversation with Xbox Support and they brought the City Lights DLC back to the marketplace now, they didn't even notice that the pulled the full dlc instead of the trial LOL so yeah anyone can get the City Lights DLC for Doritos Crash Course now if you missed it earlier! =D[/QUOTE]
I'm not interested, but thanks Antarael, it's sure that someone out there doesn't have it and wants it.

I didn't notice it before, but since you said that, I checked the game and it's back in the marketplace. The game (which was delisted) and the DLC.

Has anyone noticed that game pages for retail games on xbox.com now routinely look like advertising rather than the old game pages? I was just trying to download the free dlc from forza horizon using the website, but the forza horizon page is just an ad trying to get you to buy the game. It's really annoying that I can't just click through to the game's dlc...I must be missing something?

[quote name='hearsaybear']Has anyone noticed that game pages for retail games on xbox.com now routinely look like advertising rather than the old game pages? I was just trying to download the free dlc from forza horizon using the website, but the forza horizon page is just an ad trying to get you to buy the game. It's really annoying that I can't just click through to the game's dlc...I must be missing something?[/QUOTE]

some of their more popular franchises do that now, RE 6 being one of them if im not mistaken. its fucking stupid and makes purchases even harder to make on their website, so im not sure why they do it

[quote name='E.Nich']I didn't notice it before, but since you said that, I checked the game and it's back in the marketplace. The game (which was delisted) and the DLC.[/QUOTE]
The game was relisted a couple days ago and mentioned earlier in the topic.

[quote name='hearsaybear']Has anyone noticed that game pages for retail games on xbox.com now routinely look like advertising rather than the old game pages? I was just trying to download the free dlc from forza horizon using the website, but the forza horizon page is just an ad trying to get you to buy the game. It's really annoying that I can't just click through to the game's dlc...I must be missing something?[/QUOTE]

It isn't always easy to find the link to get to the regular marketplace listing. In Forza Horizon's case, it appears to be the "Get Info" link on the right side near the top. If you have trouble finding it, adding "?nosplash=1" to the end of the URL will take you to the listings.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Just had a little conversation with Xbox Support and they brought the City Lights DLC back to the marketplace now, they didn't even notice that the pulled the full dlc instead of the trial LOL so yeah anyone can get the City Lights DLC for Doritos Crash Course now if you missed it earlier! =D[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it is back. I missed it. I thought it was gone forever. Kind of funny how I only really wanted it when it wasn't available anymore. Not a bad deal at 160 MSP and it has avatar awards. I bought it quickly. :)

I was wondering why they had the trial, but not the full version.

Here's the link.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d80258410a71?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

[quote name='Sanges99']Does anyone have any thoughts on the Disney Universe DLC?

I picked it up as a "girlfriend game," (something to play with the non-gamer lady of the house) since she liked the demo enough, but we haven't even cracked the case open yet. I almost auto-downloaded the Phineas & Ferb dlc on theme alone, but for $3 on a game I haven't even started, and have no idea if I'd ever finish, gave me some last-second hesitation.[/QUOTE]

Its worth it. I have the game for the same reason as you. Its also perfect for the wee little ones as you can die and respawn an infinite number of times. The game doesn't have much depth, and its basically boiled down to replaying the same levels over and over to unlock new suits, level them up, and earn gold for suit/stage purchases.

The villain costume pack adds 5 costumes for $1, with the Phin and Ferb pack at $3 you get an additional stage sectioned into 3 parts as with the base stages and 5 costumes, 3 off the bat and 2 requiring you to complete the pack. Comon, you get to dress as Doofenshmurtz :lol: Both are values in comparison to the standard prices. I just wish the Muppet pack had gone on sale rather than the villains.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Its worth it. I have the game for the same reason as you. Its also perfect for the wee little ones as you can die and respawn an infinite number of times. The game doesn't have much depth, and its basically boiled down to replaying the same levels over and over to unlock new suits, level them up, and earn gold for suit/stage purchases.

The villain costume pack adds 5 costumes for $1, with the Phin and Ferb pack at $3 you get an additional stage sectioned into 3 parts as with the base stages and 5 costumes, 3 off the bat and 2 requiring you to complete the pack. Comon, you get to dress as Doofenshmurtz :lol: Both are values in comparison to the standard prices. I just wish the Muppet pack had gone on sale rather than the villains.[/QUOTE]

I played the Disney Universe demo last night and enjoyed it. It's like a very simplified LEGO game and I think my nephew might enjoy playing it with me. He'll probably come over this weekend so we'll try it together and see if he likes it. If so, I'll buy the game + probably the villains DLC. His current obsession is BattleBlock Theater. We play hours of co-op Muckle against the bots and break it up with short runs in the normal co-op campaign.

Since I already own all the Alan Wake content (game + DLC + XBLA) I decided to pitch in a dollar and buy the Book avatar prop haha. Once I go through the game again I'll throw on my Alan Wake avatar outfit from the CE and pair it with the book. :)

On that note, I'm going to add the remaining Disney avatar items to the OP. I know most people don't care about it but I'll do it for completion. And while I was on Xbox.com it said something about an avatar clearance. I'm not sure how long that has been going on. There are 22 props split between pets and action moves (kung fu kick, break dancing, parkour, etc.)

[quote name='RandyNDee']Does anyone know if the Tron Eveloution game is any good? Dont see much talk on it.[/QUOTE]

From Metacritic:

XboxAddict
Dec 15, 2010
83 ~ The game gains points because of its visuals and sound but the lack of any new innovations will keep this title from gaining any momentum beyond the TRON fan base. I am scoring this game as a fan of the TRON universe, for individuals not yet a fan you can take off at least 5 points from the score.

This is basically what I've heard. so take it as you will.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']
This is basically what I've heard. so take it as you will.[/QUOTE]
Out of a score average of 58 from all reviewers...

[quote name='bardockkun']Out of a score average of 58 from all reviewers...[/QUOTE]

I meant to imply that it's a game almost solely for fans, since he said those that aren't already diehards should take off at least 5 points, which would make it a

[quote name='SackAttack']Is it even possible to get Alan Wake with Microsoft Points?[/QUOTE]
The question that keeps persisting...

Check the 2nd post.

[quote name='bardockkun']The question that keeps persisting...

Check the 2nd post.[/QUOTE]

Also the bottom of the OP. Usually Cornelius (I think?) pastes it under every section that has a GoD game on sale, but I don't think he did that this week. But it's still at the bottom of the OP.

[quote name='SackAttack']Is it even possible to get Alan Wake with Microsoft Points?[/QUOTE]

*punches fist in the air* Victory, sweet sweet accomplishment!

It's been SO long since someone asked that I was starting to have my doubts if the pictorial explanation was still relevant, but then... out of the clear blue sky, there it was, returning like a cameo appearance of a by-gone character not seen for many years.

:lol: Thank you for that.

With the crazy Microsoft.com 1200pts for $5 code sale still going on, every XBLA game is pretty much permanently 66% off for me now. My first overpriced purchases:

Bit Trip Runner 2 (1200 overpriced spacebucks for essentially $5)
Microbot (800 missed-the-one-sale price for essentially $3.50)

Tyler, if you haven't tried using your code for fear of a banning, it's time to do it. MS is officially fixing everything they've been screwing up for the past few days (aside from the XB1 launch), giving everyone who originally ordered 1200 points a 1600 point code. I need to stop ordering 1200 point codes soon. It's addicting like a slot machine that always lands on 3 cherries...

[quote name='Kerig']With the crazy Microsoft.com 1200pts for $5 code sale still going on, every XBLA game is pretty much permanently 66% off for me now. My first overpriced purchases:

Tyler, if you haven't tried using your code for fear of a banning, it's time to do it. MS is officially fixing everything they've been screwing up for the past few days (aside from the XB1 launch), giving everyone who originally ordered 1200 points a 1600 point code. I need to stop ordering 1200 point codes soon. It's addicting like a slot machine that always lands on 3 cherries...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I got my 1600 point apology and also ordered one more 1200 MSP code as well. Add to that I just ordered a 1600 MSP code from Amazon using my trade-in credit (which I wouldn't have if this deal had popped up earlier) so I'm over 5600MSP stocked up again. That being said, it's always tempting to "order one more". Very nice analogy with the slot machine haha.

[quote name='Kerig']With the crazy Microsoft.com 1200pts for $5 code sale still going on, every XBLA game is pretty much permanently 66% off for me now. My first overpriced purchases:

[/QUOTE]

Uh, could you please elaborate? Is this the $10 credit for signing up about Xbox One info? Cuz the link I saw said that was over...

Edit: Nevermind, found the post on Slickdeals. I just ordered a couple, but we will see if they actually go through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler, if you haven't tried using your code for fear of a banning, it's time to do it. MS is officially fixing everything they've been screwing up for the past few days (aside from the XB1 launch), giving everyone who originally ordered 1200 points a 1600 point code. I need to stop ordering 1200 point codes soon. It's addicting like a slot machine that always lands on 3 cherries...[/QUOTE]
Well, that's news to me. Never got anything for my original order, got my main account locked on the store, and they won't authorize a payment on my other account.

Usually I would buy a digital version of a game and sell/trade my disc copy. Yet, I have trouble doing this with Alan Wake. Something tells me I should hold on to it and pass on this incredible XBL deal. Does anyone else feel the same way?

[quote name='Cage017']Usually I would buy a digital version of a game and sell/trade my disc copy. Yet, I have trouble doing this with Alan Wake. Something tells me I should hold on to it and pass on this incredible XBL deal. Does anyone else feel the same way?[/QUOTE]

The HU market has it for 160 MSP. Couldn't pass it up for that price. $1.33 for the digital version made me pull the trigger

[quote name='mer71']On the fence about Split Second!![/QUOTE]

Go for it! Its a great game, too bad Disney canceled the sequel, but its still a nice twist on the racing genre.

[quote name='chazman14']Go for it! Its a great game, too bad Disney canceled the sequel, but its still a nice twist on the racing genre.[/QUOTE]

What about the DLC? Worth it or no?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks, I got my 1600 point apology and also ordered one more 1200 MSP code as well. Add to that I just ordered a 1600 MSP code from Amazon using my trade-in credit (which I wouldn't have if this deal had popped up earlier) so I'm over 5600MSP stocked up again. That being said, it's always tempting to "order one more". Very nice analogy with the slot machine haha.[/QUOTE]

Is everyone who hasnt received their 1200pt code yet getting this? Tried to follow back in the thread but may have missed something

[quote name='mikeja72']Is everyone who hasnt received their 1200pt code yet getting this? Tried to follow back in the thread but may have missed something[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of people reported getting the 1600 MSP email this afternoon, not in this thread though. In the MS Store thread.

Could someone please post the link or atleast tell me how to get on this?

[quote name='simmias']Well, that's news to me. Never got anything for my original order, got my main account locked on the store, and they won't authorize a payment on my other account.[/QUOTE]

Why did they lock your account if you dont mind me asking? Is that only for the store or anything that has to do with your xbox live acct?

[quote name='chazman14']Go for it! Its a great game, too bad Disney canceled the sequel, but its still a nice twist on the racing genre.[/QUOTE]

The one thing holding me back is many reviews and comments saying it has terrible rubber banding AI, borderline cheating-has any patch fixed this? It ruins racing games for me and is what made Mario kart wii less than great for me.

[quote name='bajingo']The one thing holding me back is many reviews and comments saying it has terrible rubber banding AI, borderline cheating-has any patch fixed this? It ruins racing games for me and is what made Mario kart wii less than great for me.[/QUOTE]

The reason it has Mario Kart levels of rubber banding is because the game is designed to be played from behind, so that you can use the environmental changes to knock out the racers ahead of you. It does feel a little cheap at the end of races sometimes, but that seems more like a side effect of the more competitive and exciting races than an attempt to troll you of wins.

[quote name='im_dany']Are you guys all from USA?
Because I have a code for 10$ off but I would like to know if codes are region locked before trying.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're asking. The $10 off code seems to only work in the US store for me - I tried to see if I could buy something from the Canadian store but no dice.

In terms of Microsoft points themselves. The only points that will work in other regions are the 800 point codes, those are universal, as are 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership codes. Otherwise all point codes are locked to whatever region they are from.

Hey Gamers....a little off topic from the games on sale this week : I noticed by looking at xbldb that "Space Channel 5 Pt 2" has dropped to 400MSPs, (which isn't the 1st time based on its history), but I was wondering if anyone can remember back to when the "Sales + Special App" was up and running......wasn't this game part of a "loser offer" for 200MSPs ?? Would be great to hear from someone that perhaps purchased it back then or can remember a little bit better than myself.
I didn't know if xbldb also kept track of games that were part of the "Sales + Special App".
I also know the game is part of the Dreamcast Collection which can be found for cheap, but I already have "Crazy Taxi" from the Christmas holiday when it was offered for 200MSPs, and I'm not really interested in the other 2 games, "Bass Fishing" and "Sonic"...(especially since I already have Sonic on the "Ultimate Genesis Collection").....thanks in advance for your time, & help......GAME ON !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back