XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Midnight Express']I'm looking at the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC but I only want extra single player content. From the description, Raven Strike is the only one with single player focused content, for those that know, is that correct or am I missing something?
[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct, that's the one I bought and for the same reason

[quote name='Cleaner7']I posted it with that intention :cool:

Since I've been debating on Dark Souls GonD I decided to try out Demon Souls and it's a fun game. I played it for over an hour and worked my way through the opening area after the tutorial. There were 3 different directions I could go to.
1) Down a winding staircase with tons of fire weapon guys. I killed 3 guys then looked down and saw the horde and said "eff that noise" and turned right back LOL. I saw other players do the same haha.
2) Go back through the door I entered and continue on the path with more guys waiting.
3) Go back through the door I entered and backtrack in the opposite direction to this bigger shielded guy blocking the path.

First, I entered the fog area just outside the door and it saved so I thought I got a checkpoint, then I headed to see what this big guy was like. He killed me in 1 hit and it took me alllllllllll the way back to the start so I quit. I only died once before that and previously zoomed through that area, but I didn't feel like doing it again. I guess I have to make it to certain hub areas for it to count. I should have known better.

Knowing that's how the game is, I'm passing on Dark Souls just because I know Demons Souls will keep me occupied enough and I would only play it in small spurts like that.

HEADS UP: The Xbox 360 Backlog Support Group is up and running! Check it out for some friendly competition! ;)[/QUOTE]

The only areas you can really call checkpoints are after you defeat one of the giant boss demon's. I had basically the same experience as you, and after playing through the same area a good 6-7 times, I think I've had my fill. I love the mechanics, the world is super engrossing, but I just don't have time to keep loosing hours and hours of progress:drool:

Oh, and I joined you group:bouncy: Kinda bummed it's 360 only, but whatever, I'll just cheat and say a PS3/PC game is the 360 version:lol:

[quote name='Rirse']Bah, looking like we won't see the new deal until 3 in the morning tonight.[/QUOTE]

Back to usual. They revealed the new deals early two weeks ago because of the XBox One unveiling.

A note from hmxhenry of the Rock Band forums, pertinent to the tracks that will be pulled from the marketplace June 30:

The track "Promised Land" by Vesuvius is a free song. The RB3 achievement / trophy Live Free or Die awards 25 G when you "Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band". Unfortunately that means that this achievement will no longer be attainable once "Promised Land" is removed from the store on June 30th. But "Promised Land" is still free, so grab it before June 30th (along with "Still Alive", "Headphones On", and "Charlene", all of which are also free) if you'd like to lock this achievement down at some point in the future.

Unrelated, I'm debating whether I wanna purchase Darkstalkers or not. I dig the style (though I do continue to suck at Capcom fighters) but perhaps the game will be marked down again, maybe to 600 the next time around.

If I buy the song now but don't download it I'll be able to redownload it later when it gets pulled, right?
I don't think I'm going to get RB3 soon but if I do I don't want to miss such an easy achievement :p

[quote name='im_dany']If I buy the song now but don't download it I'll be able to redownload it later when it gets pulled, right?
I don't think I'm going to get RB3 soon but if I do I don't want to miss such an easy achievement :p[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. I still got all the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 DLC characters that are not obtainable anymore to download at any time.

[quote name='chooka1']Someone wrote it best when they wrote that they would love Dark Souls if they were 19, had lots of time and only bought a game every couple of months.[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel about it. Great game no doubt, but I missed my window on it by about 15 years.

State of Decay ha finally passed certification !!! Firm release date for this wednesdayfor 1600 MSP. Definitely going to try the demo out.
( beaten , and by a way better announcement)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Am I the only one with a lot of reservations about State of Decay?[/QUOTE]

I do too. Even though I have the points for it because of the MS Store points thing, I still want to see people's opinion from here and reviews overall to get an idea if I want to get it or not.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Am I the only one with a lot of reservations about State of Decay?[/QUOTE]

I'm a little hesitant especially at that price but will demo it for a bit before I purchase it just to make sure.

I will play the demo before buying it, and because I have 1530 MSP and I need to wait until my pending points get added to my account.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Am I the only one with reservations about State of Decay?[/QUOTE]
Yes. We're all buying it at launch for full price, so get with the crowd or die.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yes. We're all buying it at launch for full price, so get with the crowd or die.[/QUOTE]

This game begs for co-op. :(

[quote name='skonson']
Such a fantastic game. Wow. And I love how everything is connected, so you get to a place in let's say The Depths and you look at a wall and you realize that on the other side of the wall is that place in the Undead Parish where the cart is. And you go, wow, the game design is pretty amazing. Anyways, I was supposed to get to my backlog this weekend, but backlog shmaglog, off to get me a hit of the DS.[/QUOTE]

I had beaten the game before, then sold it off as I didn't have time to play through again. But lately, I just keep wanting to go and play. With the price it was, and i had leftover points for the expansion, I went ahead and bought it again. Loved the game, frustrating as hell but also the most satisfying bosses to beat.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Am I the only one with reservations about State of Decay?[/QUOTE]

I have my reservations too. 1600 MS points with framerate and pop-in issues, no co-op, or multiplayer. Seems like an interesting game, just might wait for a sale on it.

[quote name='friskytanuki']yes. We're all buying it at launch for full price, so get with the crowd or die.[/quote]

Have you bought it yet ????!!!??????

Buy it quicker !!!!!!

Joking apart I got a shit ton of cheap points from that MS Store deal and I'll probably still wait for a sale.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']I have my reservations too. 1600 MS points with framerate and pop-in issues, no co-op, or multiplayer. Seems like an interesting game, just might wait for a sale on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll probably wait on a sale for it, looks good but still not sure on it.

Yeah I am with everyone else about State of Decay. I WANT it to be great, though I have a terrible feeling it is going to be a major disappointment.

Either way even if it is, CastleStorm was such a surprisingly great game that it would still even out for XBLA : P

I want to say that I'll get and love State of Decay also but I'll probably wait at least a bit on it also. I'll have to beat and dump something else in order to have room for it anyway. I'm looking at you, Intel Undiscovered adver-game!

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']I have my reservations too. 1600 MS points with framerate and pop-in issues, no co-op, or multiplayer. Seems like an interesting game, just might wait for a sale on it.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well. I'm just against buying any XBLA game for $20 that's not a season pass ala PSN's Walking Dead.

[quote name='MSUHitman']My thoughts as well. I'm just against buying any XBLA game for $20 that's not a season pass ala PSN's Walking Dead.[/QUOTE]

So you'll buy a game that doesn't come complete and you have to wait months for rather than a full game all at once?

I don't have a huge qualm about $20 XBLA games as long as they are worth it. I bought Minecraft at release and played it a lot.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']A note from hmxhenry of the Rock Band forums, pertinent to the tracks that will be pulled from the marketplace June 30:

The track "Promised Land" by Vesuvius is a free song. The RB3 achievement / trophy Live Free or Die awards 25 G when you "Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band". Unfortunately that means that this achievement will no longer be attainable once "Promised Land" is removed from the store on June 30th. But "Promised Land" is still free, so grab it before June 30th (along with "Still Alive", "Headphones On", and "Charlene", all of which are also free) if you'd like to lock this achievement down at some point in the future.[/QUOTE]

Good looking out! I'll have to inform my RB buddies to make sure they have them too.

[quote name='illennium']Exactly how I feel about it. Great game no doubt, but I missed my window on it by about 15 years.[/QUOTE]

I like your observations about Dark/Demon Souls. It does require a major time commitment. From the opening area that I played it didn't seem too tough. Like others have said, you just have to play smart and be patient. Block a lot. Watch an enemy's attack pattern. Dodge or block and strike. Not bad. It's really just the losing all the progress bit that sucks. That does remind me of old school games.

I recognized how much we take save files for granted when playing Sonic the Hedgehog on XBLA. I played that game and its first sequel thousands of times on Sega Genesis, but it wasn't until I completed it on XBLA using saves that I realized I never beat it on Genesis because I would always run out of lives towards the end and go back to the title screen. Honestly, I didn't feel as accomplished when I beat it on XBLA knowing that I had beaten it after a few short saved sessions. So yes, I know where Dark/Demon Souls is coming from. I do have a sort of admiration knowing that and coming from the NES/Genesis eras of gaming.

I think most of us do, especially at 1600 MSP. I think it will be a disappointment but hope to be pleasantly surprised. It sounds like a wait to be on sale title. Then again, most games are for me.

[quote name='Midnight Express']I'm looking at the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier DLC but I only want extra single player content. From the description, Raven Strike is the only one with single player focused content, for those that know, is that correct or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Message of warning to anyone not buying all the DLC packs. I bought them all when they came out and my buddy didn't. We didn't have any co-op campaign compatibility issues until we tried playing yesterday AFTER he bought the single player DLC only (DLC2). It would not allow him to join my game saying I had content he didn't even though we were playing the base game campaign and NOT the DLC campaign even though we both owned that too. He had another 400 MSP so I looked up which MP DLC was DLC1 (came out first) and after he downloaded that it allowed us to play again. Really lame.

I want to say you won't have an issue if you both have the same single DLC pack but I'm not sure. My friend and I have run into other annoyances with the game besides that so I wouldn't put anything past it.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Oh, and I joined you group:bouncy: Kinda bummed it's 360 only, but whatever, I'll just cheat and say a PS3/PC game is the 360 version:lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for joining! I approved everyone who signed up and made it public. Sorry, I didn't mean to make it where I had to approve people. Going forward anyone can join. I want the group to be inclusive, not exclusive. :bouncy:

wonder what new games on demand there will be. cant wait for State of Decay. so bored now, need a new game to play :) i hope theres some good sales this week also

I'm excited for State of Decay. I hope it receives a lot of updates as the developer is really just using it as a proving ground for a larger MMO that I'm not all that interested in. But from my vantage point I feel like the $20 cost is worth it with one caveat: consistent updates like what they do with Minecraft. If Microsoft is going to start a premium tier with certain XBLA games then they need to offer a premium service with it and that means none of this "updates are too costly to do" ala Fez sort of thing. The extra $8 that I'll pay means I eventually want the textures and screen tearing to be solved, and for more things to inhabit this world. Considering that Undead Labs seems like a good developer and has really put time and energy and money into trying to build a fan base and having excellent forums with a dedicated community guru (they hired some of the community staff who worked on Dark Age of Camelot - so that makes me believe that they truly believe in this game and in their future MMO that they won't disappoint fans). They've also had a lot of sessions on Twitch and have shown off the gameplay quite a bit. Even IGN has been doing a 15 minute Let's Play each day for the last week of it, so they aren't afraid to show it off despite certain hiccups. And I like what I've seen of it so far.

Anyways, if they mess up with State of Decay they will shoot themselves in the foot with their future MMO, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. At least with the need for MS certification we know that the debacle with the last big open world zombie game, War Z, won't be happening here.

[quote name='skonson']I'm excited for State of Decay. I hope it receives a lot of updates as the developer is really just using it as a proving ground for a larger MMO that I'm not all that interested in. But from my vantage point I feel like the $20 cost is worth it with one caveat: consistent updates like what they do with Minecraft. If Microsoft is going to start a premium tier with certain XBLA games then they need to offer a premium service with it and that means none of this "updates are too costly to do" ala Fez sort of thing. The extra $8 that I'll pay means I eventually want the textures and screen tearing to be solved, and for more things to inhabit this world. Considering that Undead Labs seems like a good developer and has really put time and energy and money into trying to build a fan base and having excellent forums with a dedicated community guru (they hired some of the community staff who worked on Dark Age of Camelot - so that makes me believe that they truly believe in this game and in their future MMO that they won't disappoint fans). They've also had a lot of sessions on Twitch and have shown off the gameplay quite a bit. Even IGN has been doing a 15 minute Let's Play each day for the last week of it, so they aren't afraid to show it off despite certain hiccups. And I like what I've seen of it so far.

Anyways, if they mess up with State of Decay they will shoot themselves in the foot with their future MMO, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. At least with the need for MS certification we know that the debacle with the last big open world zombie game, War Z, won't be happening here.[/QUOTE]

I thought State of Decay was a SP game not an MMO.

Have a feeling State of Decay is going to be a disappointment. The technical issues and lack of co-op will hold it back. Plus $20 is steep.

Might buy it later down the road when it's half off or something though.

[quote name='c2thaj']I thought State of Decay was a SP game not an MMO.[/QUOTE]

It is, but the devs want to make an MMO next. Same ideas except multiplayer.

[quote name='vlv723']76000 spacebucks. Equivalent to $950[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I am very far from that limit. Strange that they wouldn't just go for $1000.

Damn, i thought State of Decay was the MMO where everybody is teaming up to survive. Oh well will still give the demo a trynkey Butane in my veins and I'm out to cut the junkie With the plastic eyeballs, spray paint the vegetables

Oh man...We will certainly need a learning period. Zeno Clash 2 supposed to come out next week at 800 points. Hopefully that isn't a mistake because I will gladly buy it at 800 space bucks.

Oh man...There will certainly need a learning period. Zeno Clash 2 supposed to come out next week at 800 points. Hopefully that isn't a mistake because I will gladly buy it at 800 space bucks.
It was a huge mistake and Major Nelson has edited his post to reflect that it's not coming out next week. More than likely it won't be 800 either.

Wow, this is going to take some getting used to.

The OP will be updated eventually.
Wow. I hate this new look. I literally hate everything about it. It's awful.

A few things:

I never realized that Sleeping Dogs has about as much DLC as Rock Band. Absolutely nuts. I have the main game but will probably not bother with the DLC as I hear that they're each over in about 90 minutes.

Hybrid is down to 400 pts. I guess that's a clear sign that the online community is dead and they're hoping it somehow comes back with a price drop. It's a good game but I can see where the community would get bored with it. I think there needs to be a single player component to all multiplayer games to lure in new purchases and to make it worth your while owning it 10 months after its release. It's hard to recommend this one as if the community is dead then it's dead.

Been playing State of Decay today. It's not bad. I don't know if I can recommend it at $20. Though I wouldn't hold out for a price drop anytime soon. I'm hoping they fix some of the graphical issues (screentearing, framerate issues, texture problems, etc). But it's a good game. Just I think some level of co-op or even just an online meta-game that's somehow weaved into it would have somehow added something to it. I also wish it was more rogue-like with random levels to make it more replayable. But it's a damn good game. And you could do worse with $20.

One last thing. To anyone who bought Dark Souls last week, one important recommendation. Do ensure that your wireless controller will not run out of power while playing this game. I literally had mine die in the middle of a boss fight and I'm so used to it pausing that I didn't think to do anything about it, and nope, no pausing, just death. Sigh. Keep that charge & play cord handy.

Keep in mind that the site has been up for all of an hour, or less.  They've got lots of tweeking to still do.

Also, a dark background will be coming, it's just not available yet.

I'm in the OP.  I'm just going to put together a wire framework at this point and we can work on formatting it and making it look better later.

Also, is it even wikified anymore?  As far as I can see, it isn't.

While CAG was down I had to resort to XBLDB for any new deals this week.  I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I ended up buying Burnout Crash! for 320 spacebucks this morning.

Is there going to be a "welcome to 3.0" tutorial video or thread soon?  I'm used to lurking around in the archives, which don't seem to exist anymore, so this is twice as confusing for me.

When CAG 3.0 adds in the dark background that EVERYONE will use, they should call the theme "Your parents' basement"...

I am at work and wont be able to until I get home obviously but I was wondering if anyone has tried State of Decay yet? And obviously if so, what are your thoughts on it?

I'm in the OP. I'm just going to put together a wire framework at this point and we can work on formatting it and making it look better later.

Also, is it even wikified anymore? As far as I can see, it isn't.
Nope, it appears wikis are gone. Trust me, I know what you're going through. The Reduced Price Srategy Guide Thread is a mess also. No more custom spoilers. I honestly can't beleive how much of a mess this is new forum is. It's going to take a lot of updating just to get it anywhere close to the speed and features of the original.

Oh man...There will certainly need a learning period. Zeno Clash 2 supposed to come out next week at 800 points. Hopefully that isn't a mistake because I will gladly buy it at 800 space bucks.
It was a huge mistake and Major Nelson has edited his post to reflect that it's not coming out next week. More than likely it won't be 800 either.
Crap really?!? I was kinda psyched and was all ready to instabuy it. It figures. I remember when it was first announced a month back they were saying $20 which I scoffed at, but then when I saw his last blog update I was surprised. It figures. :(

Crap really?!? I was kinda psyched and was all ready to instabuy it. It figures. I remember when it was first announced a month back they were saying $20 which I scoffed at, but then when I saw his last blog update I was surprised. It figures. :(
I was hyped to get it at 800 too... if it is anymore I probably wont and will just wait to get it cheap on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back