XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see anywhere on the last pages that Close Quarters for BF3 is free for Gold Members. Or have i missed something?
Make sure you have the multiplayer compatibility updates installed and you should be able to get it for free from the in game store
I wasn't able to find CQ in the in-game store, probably because I didn't have the HDD space to download the MP update. However, I was able to download it for free from the regular Marketplace. There was a dashboard ad for it.

State of Decay Title Update patch is alive and ready to download for most regions. 61mb of free fixins!

D'oh!: YOU'RE a big sneaky ninja bastard.  Beat me by 10 seconds...

Game of Thrones is worth the $10, IMO, if only for the great story. If you're a fan of ASOIAF or GoT, it's a must buy. I plan or re-buying it as well.

Is Game of Thrones worth the 10 bucks?
I would get it, but I want the artbook bundle....
I own the artbook, and I don't think it's worth the extra money. The best things I can say about it are that it's black and it's hardcover. The game itself, however, is definitely worth $10.

I think I picked up the bundle for $20 when it was on sale a few months ago? If you can find it for that maybe pull the trigger, but definitely don't pay more than that.

Hopefully this is ok to post here, any recommendations for 480 points? LIke to try all sorts of games, if it's possible with this few points, a multiplayer community would be nice. I'm willing to spend money on more points if necessary 

Hopefully this is ok to post here, any recommendations for 480 points? LIke to try all sorts of games, if it's possible with this few points, a multiplayer community would be nice. I'm willing to spend money on more points if necessary
I mean... what kind of games do you enjoy?

id take 80 pts and get cthulhu saves the world and the other 400... id probably save to see what goes on sale next week. you could get a worms game for 200 right now.

isnt Brink 400 msp i heard? Or is that PC only?

as far as an active community for 400 msp... i dont think you will find one... maybe Uno...

Battlefield 1943 or Minecraft are your best bets for an online community i would say... those are 1200 and 1600 respectively though.

can anyone tell me what happened to the thread about silver members being able to sign up for 2 months of gold for $2? I searched but couldnt find it
Some worthless CAG posted it to SD.
Dammit, what a douche.
LOL... You do know that half the deals here are ripped from SD, right? And, for instance, most of the codes that we were using during the MS Points debacle came from SD, right? Just sayin'

crazedracerguy said:
LOL... You do know that half the deals here are ripped from SD, right? And, for instance, most of the codes that we were using during the MS Points debacle came from SD, right? Just sayin'
That's what I thought. Nevermind that that post was up for over a month as well. Also disregard the fact that the original link came from an email offer that was almost exactly one year old. Whatever, I know the SD effect and if people wanna blame me they've got pretty solid justification.

can anyone tell me what happened to the thread about silver members being able to sign up for 2 months of gold for $2? I searched but couldnt find it
Some worthless CAG posted it to SD.
Dammit, what a douche.
I know some are, not going to bother quantifying it, but half sounds exaggerated. I've visited that site maybe only once or twice ever though.

The post made it sound like when it got posted to SD they killed it. Hence my response. And btw I didn't take any codes from SD, so no. Maybe you did, but not me.

The post made it sound like when it got posted to SD they killed it. Hence my response. And btw I didn't take any codes from SD, so no. Maybe you did, but not me.
If you used any of the "found" codes in the thread and not your own, it probably came from SD. They were Doing much better at finding working codes, so when we found one there that was working, we cross posted it...

Peering into the future

can be fun, love unravelling what's to come

I'm rooted into the present, and cannot afford all that is to come

Last week's take

Sleeping Dogs

- get to make my version "complete" with all the DLC (I like the costumes/moves)

- all the DLC added up is still more that what I want to spend on DLC

- other games be this convenient with all its additional content on discount at once (looking at you Mass Effect Trilogy)

Free Fable 3

- matches up with the Fable 2 episode 1 to regular Fable 2 being free

- great news Gold members get 2 free games a month (which are still ours when free/silver)

- what preorder/early DLC did I miss out on now that I got the game this late?  still able to get?

- worthwhile DLC?

Unblocked my dashboard ads just to get free Falling Skies & Wolverine avatar props

- found out I also blocked the avatar store all this time

- bought a discounted avatar pants

+ red and baggy, brings balance to all the free T-shirts, was 160MSP but 80MSP now

+ first avatar purchase since two 40MSP avatar parts with 80MSP rebate

+ how long has this discount been ongoing? (I don't/can't pay attention, filtered)

- blocked dashboard ads again, so I rely on this thread to tell me of discounts

This week in deals

Worms games

- most has been on discount before

- forever stuck in my backlog, never played

- oddly 2 listed under its DLC (Mayhem Pack) on hard drive for me, any solutions?

Sunny Day sale

- large variety available

+ titles I wanted (Catherine) I already have

+ curiosity and indecisiveness

Game of Thrones videogame

love the HBO series, have not read any A Song of Ice and Fire novels

Dungeon Siege 3

Guardians of Middle Earth + DLC

dislike movies, only finished The Hobbit but cannot stand reading Fellowship of the Ring

wonder about execution of a MOBA on console

+ in order to reduce spending, my vault (haha) is closed

likely to hold out for disc versions, with so much more that I'd rather knock off backlog first

unless convinced here that they are worth the price

Microsoft Points transition

My probably incorrect interpretation due to my poor English ability:

- current MSP balance (already in system) will be converted, smoke 'em if you got 'em before a year after conversion, content purchases from marketplace not taxed

- MSP (codes) redeemed after conversion will be converted, smoke 'em if you got 'em before a year from redemption, local taxes levied on content purchases from marketplace

- money (new gift cards) have no expiry, marketplace content subject to local taxes

Plea for clarity

I actually liked MSP

- more likely/options (for me) to get bargains on MSP than gift cards

- circumvents tax on game purchase even in my state (Best Buy & Gamestop taxes card purchase, but no others in my state)

- allowed for me to purchase content from game marketplace from other regions

- feels great to get deals within a deal, bargain MSP + discount game (saleception)

Summer of Arcade

only mild appeal to me

only 4 titles this year

- one less due to focus on Xbox One development?

- or has well dried up from smaller development teams willing to be part of promotion

- at least it is one less week of potentially uninteresting discounts (which could cannibalize promotion sales)

Loss of Gold Subscription 2-months for $2 offer

a bit sad it is gone, not blaming anyone (besides, maybe the promotion from MS is done on its own)

I've been living off of this offer for over half a year

now I only have about 10 months left from codes

- assuming free month from MyPunchcards rewards remain valid

- have to hope Gold exclusive bargains appeal to me when renewal comes

- or the 2 free games a month offered I do not already own on disc

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

DLC carries over from original Dead or Alive 5

packs 1, 2, 4, 5, and 9 included on disc

- packs 8 and 9 were on discount before (fortunately I only bought 8 in preparation and no loss for me)

- means that only 2320MSP of DLC costumes I could get, before new ones show up for Ultimate

patience in waiting on original DOA5 to be low enough in price paid off (never bought it with news of new edition)

Koei-Tecmo doesn't seem to have enough discount offers on Live, Musou games' DLC don't drop much

Next week on Live

unknown what will be on discount at this time

XBLA Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara Wednesday

- I am likely to break down and purchase at release price (1200MSP)

- join me online (I'll be using the thief character)

Closing

Not much on this thread on recent XBLA releases, and I am curious (don't have time/HDD space for demos)

- Fireburst

- Storm

- Thunder Wolves

Good luck to those attempting this weekend's achievement challenge

- two of the four games are the free XBLA games

Also, join me on Dragon's Lair next week

Continued thanks to tylerh1701 for maintaining OP without it being a wiki

I picked up guardians of middle earth and am loving it! I can't stop playing. I'm new to MOBAs so I suck but I am getting better and I'm enjoying this a lot! I have been able to get into a game in under 2 minutes any time.

Chrono, who let you out of your cage early and where did you learn how to do aneurysm-inducing outline formatting?

I blame CAG 3.0 for this.

As tradition when a dark week of unknown discounts to come this Tuesday, I offer my awful predictions for the next Deal of the Week. Now that Microsoft barricades itself in its room to cry, from all the cyber-bullying it has experienced online lately. Microsoft is probably writing dark poetry in its diary with drips of running mascara falling onto the pages. Microsoft bemoans how no one understands them, muttering to themselves "we'll show them" and plans our next Deal of the Week. Thus I think we will get discounts at 50% off all Gears of War 3 weapon skin bundles and 25% off the weapon skin collection packs. Of course all of us as caretakers of our 360s want to help them through this rough time, so it's probably best we just leave their favorite comfort foods, Mountain Dew and Doritos, outside Microsoft's locked door in case they get hungry in there. We just have to let them know we care, about discounts.

Chrono, who let you out of your cage early and where did you learn how to do aneurysm-inducing outline formatting?

I blame CAG 3.0 for this.
I apologize. It's late, Ridge Racer 6 is upsetting me. I'm having difficulty beating its final circuit of races, so I took a break for some posting, since it was going to land at the bottom of a page and easily ignored. It is mostly the changes to the forum that I am experimenting with a outline-ish format for posts, because if I multi-quote as I do here, a post would appear extra long with my manner of wording. I figure the benefit of an outline style would allow for one to sift through my words such that it is easier to asnwer my questions. Besides, as my previous post mentions, there doesn't seem much mention of those XBLA games, and I think it is a fine time of low activity before the storm of a Sunday full of new sales.

Anyone have an opinion on Phantom Breaker or the Skulls of the Shogun game? I love brawlers and FFT is like my fav game of all time... does Skulls play similarly to that perchance?...
I cannot comment on Skulls of the Shogun, because I have not played it yet. Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite Final Fantasy game, and I too agree it is the best. As for Phantom Breaker, I am still waiting on the fighting game to get localized, it seems to be stuck in publishing limbo. I know I have a very unconventional opinion for games, but XBLA Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds was one of my favorite XBLA releases this year (I warned ya, take with a grain of salt). Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds plays a lot like Guardian Heroes, Code of Princess, and Panzer Bandit, so if you like those games there's a good chance you would like its form of a brawler. If you have the time or hard drive space, both Guardian Heroes and Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds can be demoed, if not, if you have similar odd tastes as I do then it's a must purchase for the 360.

1) make promotion to make people want to buy > $20 GODs

2) put GODs on sale for less than $20 (not complaining but lol)

3) promise 12 random GODs in the next few months so people think twice about buying any

lol these m$ marketing factions must not be in cahoots. just a funny observation.
An observation those with a negative feeling on the most recent MyPunchcards offer likely made as well. I did purchase GonD Deathsmiles 2X recently, so that is my one and only punch. I had expected with my luck it will now get discounted, but with the announcement that Gold members get two free titles a month, it is now even more likely everyone else will get the game for free now. That will make me feel real bad for blowing my Microsoft Store discounted points on it, but I expect it now. That is the punishment for a non-CAG purchase.

You have $300 worth of points?!?!​
You think thats bad, I have $510 worth, also during that "1200 for $5" deal at the MS store there were people hitting the upper limit, which I think is like $990 worth !
I am just so envious, I always miss out on getting insanely discounted Microsoft Points. I only managed 2 orders, and I used it up already on my one Games on Demand title at full. I struggle to maintain a sensible balance on my account in preparation of potential sales. Now I have to figure out how long I will have to wait on both Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara and Ducktales Remastered to be discounted (or more likely I'd want even at full price, but my internal conflict screams at me to wait it out for the better price). I'm hoping I don't get too interested in the new Castle of Illusion for XBLA, otherwise there will be more that I desire to get. That's what impresses me, where nothing has ever been offered to you guys on discount worth spending a bit of those Microsoft points whereas I have too much that I want.

I'm freed from my prison, and now the rest of this thread will see more walls of text <hissing noises>. My questions from my previous post (with trailer links) on the previous page still stands. I just learned a limitation of new CAG 3.0 in my posts, I can multi-quote too much because I got an error: "You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text" ... that's another indication I gotta get in the habit of smaller more frequent postings. EDIT: had to delete a few quote/replies, one of which just saying how Althax (and Papa NeoRev above) is not helping me ignore Guardians of Middle Earth, I may have to try the game but then I'd have to delete something from my HDD/USB sticks

I didn't plan on getting a game this week, but I finally picked Guardians of Middle-earth with the pass. It's also my first MOBA, but I guess I'll enjoy it anyways.

I am just so envious, I always miss out on getting insanely discounted Microsoft Points. I only managed 2 orders, and I used it up already on my one Games on Demand title at full. I struggle to maintain a sensible balance on my account in preparation of potential sales. Now I have to figure out how long I will have to wait on both Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara and Ducktales Remastered to be discounted (or more likely I'd want even at full price, but my internal conflict screams at me to wait it out for the better price). I'm hoping I don't get too interested in the new Castle of Illusion for XBLA, otherwise there will be more that I desire to get. That's what impresses me, where nothing has ever been offered to you guys on discount worth spending a bit of those Microsoft points whereas I have too much that I want.
I have literally thoguht about how to wait as long as I can to buy Rocksmith DLC once they start switching to dollars so that I can ride my $300 out over the next year and a half. It'll take me at least that long to spend through it - and that's planning on buying COD:Ghosts through GoD and the season pass when it comes out instead of a physical copy...

I have a question about xbldb.com.

Is there no way to search for a specific title on the site itself? I can never find it so I just google search the title and the site.

As far as I can tell, there's just a google search function on the site and not a site search

^^ The Google search on the XBLDB page is a Google search limited to what's on XBLDB.  It'll show you all of the pages only within their site that gets a hit.  Essentially you're doing the same thing when you do it your way, but unfiltered Google will give you a bunch of other junk after the first 2 or so real hits.

Google is still to this day the only way I can easily find a specific thread on CAG that I don't have bookmarked.

How does game of thrones play anyways? Is really worth it.
I just got it and played the first 2 chapters. Plays kinda like dragon age 1. Except everything feels really clunky and unpolished, but its still playabe. Graphics are bad but tolerable. Story and characters seem interesting though. So far, not regretting the purchase as the points used were bought cheap

I picked up Guardians of the Middle Earth when it first came out and enjoyed it.
Anyone have thoughts on the season pass?  I'm not the kind of person to take the time and learn lots of new characters so I am not sure I should pick up the season pass unless there is an unbelievable character that makes it worthwhile.

Thanks friends!

you don't wait for online multiplayer games to go on sale. it might depreciate in price eventually, but it will also extremely depreciate in how easy it is to find a good game. down for D&D day 1. especially since i think there's a level up system, so if you buy it late you're prob gonna end up playing with high leveled people and have a weird time.

I noticed that when there aren't more players available on Guardians of Middle earth, you play against bots. That great!! Also, I suck at this game @_@ hope to learn fast how to... die less :D

I noticed that when there aren't more players available on Guardians of Middle earth, you play against bots. That great!! Also, I suck at this game @_@ hope to learn fast how to... die less :D
haha if you're new to the genre i would suggest you play the characters with a teleport first, that way you can get out of sticky situations. when you are at that point where you recognize the rest of the cast and what they have up their sleeve you'll have a better understanding of when you shouldn't stick around

I picked up Guardians of the Middle Earth when it first came out and enjoyed it.
Anyone have thoughts on the season pass? I'm not the kind of person to take the time and learn lots of new characters so I am not sure I should pick up the season pass unless there is an unbelievable character that makes it worthwhile.

Thanks friends!
Yaaaaaaay!

More people to play with !! I love the game and I picked it up the day it came out (although I'm still learning how to play MOBAs) but I can't play very often because it takes forever to find a match, and usually it's just bots.

As for your question, I don't have the season pass (too expensive for a XBLA game) but from what I understand, it's just new characters but they won't change the game that much.

haha if you're new to the genre i would suggest you play the characters with a teleport first, that way you can get out of sticky situations. when you are at that point where you recognize the rest of the cast and what they have up their sleeve you'll have a better understanding of when you shouldn't stick around
Thanks mate, I'll try to choose one with that ability. To say the truth, I'm always picking a new character to see how they all play, so I don't get used to one in particular.

Anyone have thoughts on the season pass? I'm not the kind of person to take the time and learn lots of new characters so I am not sure I should pick up the season pass unless there is an unbelievable character that makes it worthwhile.

Thanks friends!
Yaaaaaaay!

More people to play with !! I love the game and I picked it up the day it came out (although I'm still learning how to play MOBAs) but I can't play very often because it takes forever to find a match, and usually it's just bots.

As for your question, I don't have the season pass (too expensive for a XBLA game) but from what I understand, it's just new characters but they won't change the game that much.
The pass is eight new characters and the survival mode. Anways the game has a lot of characters that can be unlocked via the game's own money, so it's not a great loss to skip paying MSP. But if you like the game a lot, I guess 600MSP for eight characters and a mode it's not too much, having into account that each character is sold for 160MSP.

So I guess 2 new XBLA games were released last Friday?  This is the first I'm hearing about either one of them..

Storm 

Fireburst

I think Storm looks pretty cool, it's been in release limbo since forever.  I legit remember hearing about it having a firm release date 2 years ago.

Storm looks cool, though probably something I'd rather play on PC. Fireburst is no doubt another mediocre arcade racer, so I will steer clear of that for now.
I see what you did there! ;)

How is Catherine? Is the demo a good representation of most of the game? I have always had this on my radar, and 15$ seems like a great price.

Storm and Fireburst are games that have been in limbo for PSN and XBLA for a long, long time and it seems like both snuck out on Friday, which is the preferred day for hiding games that you don't want to stand out. From all of the videos I saw of it, Fireburst is basically a MotorStorm clone where your vehicle can actually catch on fire in a good way.

How is Catherine? Is the demo a good representation of most of the game? I have always had this on my radar, and 15$ seems like a great price.
basically, if the puzzle formula it uses clicks with you, youll love it, if not, youll probably hate it. Seen very little middle ground on opinions for this game. I liked the art and heard good things so I rented it and mannn I did not like it. I wish it had a different kind of gameplay to match the art and story, but its pretty much all moving up blocks. I was disappoint.

Storm looks cool, though probably something I'd rather play on PC. Fireburst is no doubt another mediocre arcade racer, so I will steer clear of that for now.
I see what you did there! ;)

I actually remember playing the demo of Catherine when it was 1st released, I was just like, "WTF is? Why is this not an arcade game?"

I might be wrong but doesn't the demo only show you the puzzle part of the game? Anyway, I highly recommend Catherine, especially for $15

Saw this on facebook

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mason, Reznov, Dragovich... Starting tomorrow on Xbox Live, go back to where it all began with 40% off the original Black Ops and 50% off its four epic DLC packs

So I guess 2 new XBLA games were released last Friday? This is the first I'm hearing about either one of them..

Storm

Fireburst

I think Storm looks pretty cool, it's been in release limbo since forever. I legit remember hearing about it having a firm release date 2 years ago.
I really believe that Storm will be on sale in no time. I don't think it will sell too much for 800MSP. Though well done, seems more on the 400MSP range imo (I always pay that for puzzle games).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back