XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was hoping for a surprise bonus sale like we get occasionally. Guess I'm still going to be playing 95% GTA this week. Hopefully Halo 3 gets a nice boost for a few weeks, if so I'll hop on there.

We already knew what they were going to be. They suck. No one cares.
Yeah, but someone can always help with the Rocksmith tracks ... because there's at least 3 good ones by the Cure ... w00t! :D

Rocksmith weekly markdowns for week of 15-Oct to 22-Oct:

Anyone have any takes on the Battlestations games for $5?
Battlestations: Pacific has been on my Amazon Wish List forever. I saw it listed in an article that talked about Underrated games of this generation. The cheapest price it has been is ~$30 for a used copy. New copies go for $130-$160 fulfilled by Amazon. I can't believe this game is going on sale for this cheap, instant buy for me.

Eurogamer has a really good review up if you're curious if this game is for you. Not many others like this on the Xbox 360 and $5 is not much of a gamble in my opinion.

If Rocksmith or Halo 3 don't float your boat, there's always this coming out sometime in the next 24 hours:

starwarspinball2.jpg

Battlestations: Pacific has been on my Amazon Wish List forever. I saw it listed in an article that talked about Underrated games of this generation. The cheapest price it has been is ~$30 for a used copy. New copies go for $130-$160 fulfilled by Amazon. I can't believe this game is going on sale for this cheap, instant buy for me.

Eurogamer has a really good review up if you're curious if this game is for you. Not many others like this on the Xbox 360 and $5 is not much of a gamble in my opinion.
Thanks. Looks like an interesting blend. Might even be a Me kind of game. I'm definitely going to consider getting Pacific then at that price.

That's nuts that they go for that much on Amazon. Reminds me of how much I fetched for SW: Battlegrounds II for original XBox used on Amazon a couple years ago, was almost laughable. I'm guessing it's not the perfection of the game so much as it is that there's no other game like it on the platform. You can find those kind of games on PC, but I can't think of one on 360.

Thanks. Looks like an interesting blend. Might even be a Me kind of game. I'm definitely going to consider getting Pacific then at that price.

That's nuts that they go for that much on Amazon. Reminds me of how much I fetched for SW: Battlegrounds II for original XBox used on Amazon a couple years ago, was almost laughable. I'm guessing it's not the perfection of the game so much as it is that there's no other game like it on the platform. You can find those kind of games on PC, but I can't think of one on 360.
that review was making me consider the game strongly, but then i realized

it has no split screen mode

-_-. i kinda want to use some of my xbox credit on it but honestly it's only $9 on steam which means on the sales it'd be even cheaper and without splitscreen i'm really unmotivated to bother getting it on xbox :/

We knew 99% of what was going to be on sale this week, I don't understand why they put games on sale and not the DLC to go with said game. I was eyeing Tomb Raider Underworld, and for $9.99... ahem, $12.49 in fucking Canada (wtf), I'm not going to drop that much + $20 for the DLC.
They put the main game on sale with the hope that they'll make up the money they lost with DLC sales. It's a pretty common practice to get completionists to spend the extra money.

Another week, another lame sale. What a shock. As for Games with Gold, after the announcement by MS, I have given up all hope in regards to seeing a single game that I don't already own, after all, the program is about reacquainting people with the classics, lol.

Actually it makes sense. They have been releasing a wide variety of games. I don't remember them doing a JRPG yet.
Umm no it doesn't:

Lost Odyssey: Not available as a GoD title.

Tales Symphonia: This is a Gamecube/PS2 title. I am going to go on a limb and say it's not a good candidate. ;)

Elternal Sonata: This is a Bandai game. None of the games released so far have come from Namco/Bandai. In fact, apart from that one Capcom title, all titles released were published by Ubi Soft or MS.

Now that Halo 3 is the free Gold game, anyone excited now for the upcoming Gold games?
I'm still looking forward to what else they'll have.

This whole thing got me AC2, Crackdown, Magic 2013, Defense Grid, and now Halo 3 as games I didn't have/wouldn't have otherwise (and in the case of Defense Grid I never would have even given it a chance otherwise). Out of the what, 4 remaining to come, I'll probably enjoy 1 or 2 still.

Halo 3 is the first free game I already own. Just like the rest of the Halo's, I've never finished them. At last they weren't offering that overhead one (Halo Wars?). That looked terrible.

For those curious about Storm, I think it's the best deal this week at $5. It's like "Flower" meets "Braid" - a puzzle game disguised as an action game where you use the forces of nature to move a seed to fertile soil to grow into a tree and repeat. Relaxing, yet challenging fun. 

There's a demo available for anyone who wants to try it.

Still looking forward to the last 4 games too. Of the games given I had AC2 and Fable. With the exception of Rainbow 6 I liked the rest. So far the program isn't the best but its given me something. I hope they continue it. It will give people who dont play much multiplayer something at least.

Halo 3 is the first free game I already own. Just like the rest of the Halo's, I've never finished them.
Wow, really? Even *I* have finished Halo 1 and 2. I even finished 1 on all the difficulty levels (co-op to do it though, and OMG The Maw on Legendary was just horrific to get through for some reason, that was an entire night of gaming right there). For good measure I then got through 1 once or twice on PC as well. 2 I started co-op and finished solo.

And I never "beat"/finish anything. Seriously, in my entire gaming existence going all the way back to NES, I can probably count on two hands and a foot the games I've actually finished.

Vesperia, not Symphonia.... Shocked LO never became a GoD title since is MS Studios. Guess that means Blue Dragon isn't either.

Wow, really? Even *I* have finished Halo 1 and 2. I even finished 1 on all the difficulty levels (co-op to do it though, and OMG The Maw on Legendary was just horrific to get through for some reason, that was an entire night of gaming right there). For good measure I then got through 1 once or twice on PC as well. 2 I started co-op and finished solo.

And I never "beat"/finish anything. Seriously, in my entire gaming existence going all the way back to NES, I can probably count on two hands and a foot the games I've actually finished.
Yep. I've had my Xbox 360 for about two years now and don't use the PC for gaming so I've missed a lot. I finished the Max Payne and Gears of War series and am now getting through Serious Sam. My backlog across consoles is ridiculously long.

So what's the over/under on the H3 DLC being on sale along with the game being free?  The only map pack I don't own through marketplace is Mythic II.

It's an RTS game, not an "overhead game" and it's actually pretty great.
It would've been great if it didn't have terrible controls. The first RTS (BFME2) for 360 still holds the crown for best console RTS controls. I really wish they didn't lose the license and have to shut down the servers.

Darby27 should be happy with this... meanwhile I have to decide if I want to plop down the $12 on the map packs. ODST not being half off of the $15 price bugs me too.

That game has the worst framerate I've ever seen this generation. Deleted pretty quickly even for free.
Play Two Worlds 1.

If anyone enjoys the Halo 3 MP just grab a disc copy of ODST since it comes with all the map packs. Amazon has some for $10 w/free prime shipping. Or $13 new.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001HWB68K/sr=8-2/qid=1381888959/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=all&me=&qid=1381888959&seller=&shipPromoFilter=1&sort=sip&sr=8-2

I don't know your connections speeds, obviously, but for me a file that size would take about an hour and a half.

Well, my connection usually gets around 1.5-1.9MB/s downloading stuff on Steam.  And it's still slow as hell downloading H3.  Downloading the Mythic II pack was fine though, strangely.

Grabbed Mythic II with no hesitation. I was glad they decided to throw the maps on sale. Are the other ones that cheap? 2 Free packs and one that costs $1.99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back