XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Mythic II with no hesitation. I was glad they decided to throw the maps on sale. Are the other ones that cheap? 2 Free packs and one that costs $1.99?
Mythic 1 is normally $5, I believe, so if it's $2 then, yeah, it's on sale. Heroic and Legendary have been free for a while I think, and Cold Storage has always been free.

Mythic 1 is normally $5, I believe, so if it's $2 then, yeah, it's on sale. Heroic and Legendary have been free for a while I think, and Cold Storage has always been free.
Legendary is regularly listed at $1.99, Mythic is $4.99. Mythic II is the only one that is a sale price. IMO, the Legendary pack is worth $1.99 for Blackout and Ghost Town. I'm not into Big Team so I consider Sidewinder and Avalanche to be merely OK maps. The other two are classics.

Legendary is regularly listed at $1.99, Mythic is $4.99. Mythic II is the only one that is a sale price. IMO, the Legendary pack is worth $1.99 for Blackout and Ghost Town. I'm not into Big Team so I consider Sidewinder and Avalanche to be merely OK maps. The other two are classics.
Ok. I've owned all but Mythic II on marketplace since they came out, so I can't see the prices. :p

I've put about 2 hours into Clash of Heroes so far. The gameplay is pretty fun and reminds me of the Puzzle Quest games. The story is completely forgettable high fantasy and is thankfully completely skippable. For me, the main issue with the game is that according to How Long To Beat, the campaign is 30 hours long. I don't have nearly that much match-three in me. I will probably just finish the first world/campaign and move on.
OK, fast forward one week and about 20 hours, and I've finished every main quest and every side quest in all single-player campaigns. This game hooked me hard. I couldn't tell you word one about the story, but the gameplay was great. I'm actually probably going to go through some withdrawal now.

Is anybody else still Family Gold? Just curious if they are ever going to throw the switch and make us individual accounts. Not that I'm complaining.

Do any of you have Halo Night like the guys on The Big Bang Theory?  I wouldn't mind playing some multiplayer on Halo 3 to get me into the swing of things.  

Is anybody else still Family Gold? Just curious if they are ever going to throw the switch and make us individual accounts. Not that I'm complaining.
I am. I'm actually anxious for the switch because the 3 subordinate accounts can't make in-app purchases on WP8 or Windows 8 Xbox games (not even by entering a password), nor can they make some purchases through Xbox.com. Really annoying that those restrictions can't be properly turned off (I do have the accounts set to be able to do everything).

I take it the digital version is just as bad as the game installed itself? I know we had Halo 3 at a RED for install speeds and what not.

I downloaded it anyways because my gears of war 3 xbox sounds like a freight train running Halo 3 for whatever reason.

I hope more people jump on Halo 3. I had a great time playing. Those maps are excellent and hold up very well.

Good call on odst having a Halo 3 mp disc, forgot about that. I should get odst again, pretty sure I left that one at 970/1000 gamer score.

Apologies in advance for coming into the thread to ask a question:

My Dilemma:  I recently put an xbox in my son's room.  He would like to download the profile he created (months ago) on my xbox onto the xbox in his room.  The issue is that I cannot, by any means, figure out what, if any, email address is associated with the profile he created.  So my question is, could he have created a profile without an email address?  When I sign into the profile on my xbox, the "Settings" option has the "Account" section grayed out.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance for coming into the thread to ask a question:

My Dilemma: I recently put an xbox in my son's room. He would like to download the profile he created (months ago) on my xbox onto the xbox in his room. The issue is that I cannot, by any means, figure out what, if any, email address is associated with the profile he created. So my question is, could he have created a profile without an email address? When I sign into the profile on my xbox, the "Settings" option has the "Account" section grayed out.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can have accounts on the xbox that are not "live" accounts meaning they aren't silver or gold and don't require an email address. You can use a USB stick to copy the profile to the other xbox or you could leave the profile on the usb so that he can roam between the 2 xboxes which is what my kids do.

My Family Gold got converted last week. All individual memberships now with 3 extra months like they said.

Yes, you can have accounts on the xbox that are not "live" accounts meaning they aren't silver or gold and don't require an email address. You can use a USB stick to copy the profile to the other xbox or you could leave the profile on the usb so that he can roam between the 2 xboxes which is what my kids do.
Thank you. Wirechild you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

So Bobby is dropping the ball on updating the OP I see.
Oh, ye of little faith! I had a rushed update planned on Wednesday afternoon all along.

But no, you got me. I honestly forgot, you can blame Pokemon Y for that.

OP is updated. Rocksmith section's ugly, but I am not tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding from scratch right now, today has been like walking through hot coals barefoot.

And just to make it up to you for the late update, I've added achievement notation and a random drop you may have missed. Try and guess what it is.

Hey everyone!

Is it alright if I leave this here?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321122-h-25-xbox-card-w-20-psn-card/#entry11138027

If not I will remove all of these words. All of them.
Please do not do that. Tyler's suggestion is the approved practice in these here parts.

However, if one of our users were to post about needing points, feel free to PM them.

That aside, believe it or not, the TBD sections of the OP ARE being worked on. I've had a really cool idea for the Community section, but I've been scratching my head about how to implement it exactly. If it works though, it'll be awesome, as long as we have enough support. Someone in this thread actually sort of touched on it. I'll get back to you when I have more figured out.

I'm having a harder time with the Impressions section though. Last week had a few on AvP, but I didn't see that many likes. I can't quite decide what the quota should be, making the system difficult to implement. A good amount of people around here aren't quite used to using the "Like" button either. But it will get done.

Edit: I lied. Cornelius, have I ever told you how much I love you? I "borrowed" your post, and the Rocksmith section looks much better now, thank you.

Edit 2: I'm still waiting on my Family Gold to be converted. I kinda wanna switch out one of the 4 users for someone else, but I'm afraid I'll just end up losing the spot.

I'm just fucking with you Bobby. You know I love you. :grouphug:

I'm tired of everyone saying just get the ODST disc to play the Halo 3 maps. It was only $12 to buy all the maps, and with my Canadian conversion and left over few cents, I only had to drop 800 points worth at $8.97 out of pocket (left over Amazon credit) and now I have 'Halo 3 Complete' without a disc. :whee:

Enjoy your maps for a 6 year old game lol. I do hope the community stays strong after this though as I enjoyed halo 3 the most of any halo this generation

Enjoy your maps for a 6 year old game lol. I do hope the community stays strong after this though as I enjoyed halo 3 the most of any halo this generation
Can't tell if trolling. You want the community to stay alive yet you mock me for buying the maps? I have over 30 games on demand, and I RARELY use the disc drive. Buying the maps helps me further not use the disc drive.

I'm tired of everyone saying just get the ODST disc to play the Halo 3 maps. It was only $12 to buy all the maps, and with my Canadian conversion and left over few cents, I only had to drop 800 points worth at $8.97 out of pocket (left over Amazon credit) and now I have 'Halo 3 Complete' without a disc. :whee:
Somebody stop him, he's making sense instead of buying into the buy ODST answer we've been giving!

Er...*ahem*

Halo 3 is my favorite multiplayer game of all time.  Reach and Halo 4 are both still great games, but I think that Halo 3 had the best maps of the Halo titles this generation.  (had to add the last bit before someone launched into a "Midship is the best map ever" tirade) As far as people talking about getting ODST, it'd be worth getting ODST because the campaign is a blast.  Classic Firefight with a group of friends can be a lot of fun too.  Having all the Halo 3 multiplayer content come with it is just a cool bonus at this point.  I'm sure I'll be firing up Halo 3 and taking advantage of the increased multiplayer traffic.

If nothing else it will give me a chance/excuse to play something other than Borderlands 2.  The Loot Hunt is neat and all, and the DLC has been pretty good, but... it's so hard to make myself play through the game again.  I'd love to just find someone to power level me to max with a character I haven't tried.  That's pretty much all I have left to do.  At least until I decide if I'm willing to buy TK Baha's Blood Harvest DLC next week.  (Link for anyone interested: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/16/borderlands-2-tk-bahas-bloody-harvest-commentary )

Somebody stop him, he's making sense instead of buying into the buy ODST answer we've been giving!

Er...*ahem*
Not really since his answer ignores the fact that you're getting basically a whole other game when you get ODST along with the maps.

So he basically payed $9 for DLC maps instead of the normal $12... and he didn't get ODST with that price, disc or no disc.

Obviously if you already own ODST it's a moot point, but likely if you're wanting the maps you don't own ODST.

For some reason Battlestation Pacific is going for over $30 on ebay.......very strange. For some unknown reason this makes me wanna drop the 5 bucks and download it........hmmm.......I'm gonna do it

Not really since his answer ignores the fact that you're getting basically a whole other game when you get ODST along with the maps.

So he basically payed $9 for DLC maps instead of the normal $12... and he didn't get ODST with that price, disc or no disc.

Obviously if you already own ODST it's a moot point, but likely if you're wanting the maps you don't own ODST.
I'm sure you missed the part about me going digital, and I plan on picking up the GoD of ODST eventually. Sheesh. You people can be so thickheaded sometimes. It's not always about the bottom line, it's about obtaining it how you want it. I want it digitally so whatever.

I'm sure you missed the part about me going digital, and I plan on picking up the GoD of ODST eventually. Sheesh. You people can be so thickheaded sometimes. It's not always about the bottom line, it's about obtaining it how you want it. I want it digitally so whatever.
That was my entire point: There is no "right" answer. It depends on what you already have/want, and what you're willing to spend for it.

For me, unless is freeeeeeeeeeee it's out of the picture.

I'm looking forward to buying a used 360 off someone with a broken DVD drive, and I want to make an Xbox Super Slim without the drive. My insane digital library is enough to make that 360 useful.

I'm looking forward to buying a used 360 off someone with a broken DVD drive, and I want to make an Xbox Super Slim without the drive. My insane digital library is enough to make that 360 useful.
I actually have a 4gb slim with a broken disc drive I use for the same reason :lol: I didn't know they were desired by some people.

I'm sure I'll be firing up Halo 3 and taking advantage of the increased multiplayer traffic.
Don't be expecting too much. I'm only missing the two Mythic packs and I still can't play most of the playlists.

90% of them (Social and Ranked) are blocked behind the "All DLC required" wall.

And when I hoped onto Social Slayer earlier today, it only had around 800 people on it.

MS will troll you and somehow make it say your disc is dirty.... even when the game is digital. I could have sworn this happened a few years ago but it was a glitch/bug for some game. Gears digital?

Honestly I like what your doing, and I;m sure the developers do as well. Going full digital over pre-owned puts more money in the developers pockets. It's not like MS is going to see anymore money from new copies of ODST since they were already shipped to retailers long ago, and just the general consensus that It's easier to profit off of digital copies.

My biggest worry is still MS not supporting the digital frame 10,20, 30 years down the road and what not. I probably won't care to play Fable 2 that long down the road but certain games like Bioshock Infinite will defenitely require a re-visit, unless of course the future ends up having more and more remakes of critically acclaimed games.

Re-Sell value doesn't matter as much to me since I hardly trade in games anymore. Hell most people just "flip" for profit.

Back on topic, the Halo 3 servers weren't exactly jam packed as much as I'd like them to be. 2505 players as of a few minutes ago.

stuff about digital
This is why I pirate too.

I'm happy to say I've taken a part in helping original Xbox LIVE DLC live on forever. There's a big database over on digiex if anyone has an original Xbox lying around and wants to have complete DLC for any of their games they want. It's illegal by all means, but it preserves something that Microsoft never let us do. With RGH/JTAG 360s floating around, aside from the piracy aspect, those systems will be able to run anything that is thrown at them when the time comes that 360 servers get shut down. I won't go into details, but I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't but now I'm intrigued...

OG Xbox had much dlc?

I know KOTOR, Halo 2, and Ninja Gaiden did, but it was still a pretty new idea that few games latched onto. Crazy how only a little more than a decade later it's considered odd for a game NOT to have any DLC.

I've been thinking about making a home made Gaems system from a pistol case. I wander how much I can take a 360 apart and move things. I'm a little surprised I never heard rumors of MS making a DVD driveless 360.

MS will troll you and somehow make it say your disc is dirty.... even when the game is digital. I could have sworn this happened a few years ago but it was a glitch/bug for some game. Gears digital?

Honestly I like what your doing, and I;m sure the developers do as well. Going full digital over pre-owned puts more money in the developers pockets. It's not like MS is going to see anymore money from new copies of ODST since they were already shipped to retailers long ago, and just the general consensus that It's easier to profit off of digital copies.

My biggest worry is still MS not supporting the digital frame 10,20, 30 years down the road and what not. I probably won't care to play Fable 2 that long down the road but certain games like Bioshock Infinite will defenitely require a re-visit, unless of course the future ends up having more and more remakes of critically acclaimed games.

Re-Sell value doesn't matter as much to me since I hardly trade in games anymore. Hell most people just "flip" for profit.

Back on topic, the Halo 3 servers weren't exactly jam packed as much as I'd like them to be. 2505 players as of a few minutes ago.
It was a glitch in the GoD version of Forza.

Does "anyone" have the Halo 3 maps? I bought the Halo 4 season pass and that was a waste of money. Well, admittedly I haven't played in months. Maybe now everybody has them and now everyone wishes they could play on the built-in maps for a change....

Does "anyone" have the Halo 3 maps? I bought the Halo 4 season pass and that was a waste of money. Well, admittedly I haven't played in months. Maybe now everybody has them and now everyone wishes they could play on the built-in maps for a change....
Why's the "anyone" in quotes? I would think most fans have most of the maps except maybe for Mythic 2, which was at first exclusive to the multiplayer disc in ODST. I haven't finished downloading H3 yet so I can't verify, but my friend says that it wouldn't let him play in certain playlists because it said you needed all of the map packs in order to do so.

I played last month on the anniversary of H3's release and got to play several DLC maps in matchmaking. I feel like they were popping up a lot more than the DLC in Reach and Halo 4.

I think its kinda dumb that i gotta get all the map packs just to play swat but since i had ODST i do have everything but Mythic 2 but i didnt expect you have to have everything to just play most of the playlists.

I still think Halo Reach was the better Halo in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back