XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've really been wanting the NFS:MW Deluxe DLC but i'm no longer Gold. Stupid Microsoft. I can't remember, can I use a 48 hour code to get it or does it have to be a 1 Month minimum code?
There's a code floating around for a free month of Gold. You can only use it if you're a Silver member. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I used it yesterday to download Halo 3 for free, so it oughtta get you that DLC.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320984-free-month-of-xbox-live-gold-is-working-again/

I bought 400 Days and will finally play the trial for Skulls of the Shogun before deciding on that. Otherwise I own mostly everything I want.

The TK Baha DLC for Borderlands 2 is out today so I'll be picking that up too for the pumpkin boss battle and Halloween skin. During Gearbox's Community Day stream they teased a turkey boss for the next DLC and I'm assuming for Thanksgiving. My friend and I hope they continue the Headhunter packs to winter and do a giant snowman fight for the holidays.

The Saints Row 4 Enter the Dominatrix DLC is out now. I'm tempted to pick up the $10 season pass, but will wait. The BL2 Loot Hunt is keeping me busy :)

Major Nelson's update is up.  Looks like Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate comes out next week for $15.  That's good, should release on PSN at the same time.  I'm excited to check out that game, glad to see they went with the $15 price, I had a feeling they might throw the dickhead $20 pricetag on it.

Next week's DotW looks like it sucks donkey balls, but it says you guys should get another week of "Shocktober" sales so hopefully there will be a few good things there.

EDIT: Looks like Mirror of Fate comes out on Friday for you guys.  Hopefully next Tuesday for PSN!

If anyone wants to play the XBLA Ghostbusters let me know, or add me on XBL, GT: Gregtastic. I only want to buy it if I know I have some people to play it with.

EDIT: I think 75% off the Darkness games is a good deal. Both are pretty good games. Of course Darkness II was already super cheap in physical form for a long time. Might get Darkness again for $4.99 and try to get the rest of the achievements. Darkness II is an easy 1000.

If anyone wants to play the XBLA Ghostbusters let me know, or add me on XBL, GT: Gregtastic. I only want to buy it if I know I have some people to play it with.

EDIT: I think 75% off the Darkness games is a good deal. Both are pretty good games. Of course Darkness II was already super cheap in physical form for a long time. Might get Darkness again for $4.99 and try to get the rest of the achievements. Darkness II is an easy 1000.
I just know Darkness and Darkness 2 are both $5 at Best Buy. The first one looks OOS though. But I always prefer retail so I'd go with that option if I could.

Nice, I'm going to grab The Darkness II GoD since I got the UK version some time ago, but it didn't came with my language's dub and I heard it was pretty good... guess I'll gift the disc version to a friend of mine :)

I decided not to buy either of the Battlestations. I now usually wait until a sale is nearly over to let my brain conclude that it'd end up on my backlog and I'd never play it. Really trying to back off the impulse buys.

Having said that...I'm buying the new Borderlands 2 DLC as soon as I turn on my console. BL2's not a backlogged game, though, so...

Will also be buying 400 Days. I...I should really play Walking Dead. I've had all the episodes since it went on sale late last year.

I was also pretty excited The Darkness would be marked down to $5 since I've been wanting that game for a long time...and I won't play The Darkness II until I play the first game because my brain is broken, apparently (another backlogged game...probably still sealed). Then I noticed it had already been on sale for $5 in Feb/Mar. I'm assuming I thought about it for a week and decided not to add it to the backlog. Liked the demo, though.

Condemned 2 is not available for Games on Demand.
:puts on dunce cap: I don't understand what "Games on Demand" is exactly. Is this just downloadable games? For that matter, have all the free games so far been previously available for download?

Looking at Major Nelson's post, I'm hoping for good prices on Dead Island and Riptide at $15 or less.

:puts on dunce cap: I don't understand what "Games on Demand" is exactly. Is this just downloadable games? For that matter, have all the free games so far been previously available for download?

Looking at Major Nelson's post, I'm hoping for good prices on Dead Island and Riptide at $15 or less.
Right now DI is $19.99 and DI:R is $39.99 so I'm assuming they'll be $9.99 and $19.99.

I don't understand what "Games on Demand" is exactly. Is this just downloadable games?
For the most part it's retail games made avaiable digitally. There are a handful of exceptions, such as DeathSmiles II & Resident Evil 4, which never were released on disc for the 360 in the US. The line between GoD and Live Arcade titles is somewhat blurred and IIRC the two brands will be merged into one with the Xbox One's release.

Wasn't the original size limit for XBLA games like 100 mb or something? :lol:

ETA: Looked it up, it was 50 mb!! Those were simpler times.

For the most part it's retail games made avaiable digitally. There are a handful of exceptions, such as DeathSmiles II & Resident Evil 4, which never were released on disc for the 360 in the US.
You forgot to mention that GoD are retail games made available digitally at a ridiculously high price compared to retail prices. ;)

(Aside from the occasional sale -- but even then still overpriced sometimes...NFS:MW was ~$18 from BB new iirc, and The Run was $5 from BB new.)

ETA: Looked it up, it was 50 mb!! Those were simpler times.
Yep, 50MB so that you could fit your profile and 1 arcade game on a 64MB Memory Unit for those that bought the Core model.

Enough to fit in not one but TWO Dracula's castles in Castlevania: SOTN... and the original came out on a huge 700mb CD-ROM... black magic, there's no other possible explanation... :whee:

Major Nelson's update is up. Looks like Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate comes out next week for $15. That's good, should release on PSN at the same time. I'm excited to check out that game, glad to see they went with the $15 price, I had a feeling they might throw the dickhead $20 pricetag on it.
Mirror of Fate HD is also going to be available in a bundle called Lords of Shadow Collection that includes the first console game, all of it's DLC, and a special demo of LoS2 for $40. You have to wait until November 5th, but anyone interested should probably look into it if you haven't played LoS yet. Price works out to basically getting Mirror of Fate free.

For the most part it's retail games made avaiable digitally. There are a handful of exceptions, such as DeathSmiles II & Resident Evil 4, which never were released on disc for the 360 in the US. The line between GoD and Live Arcade titles is somewhat blurred and IIRC the two brands will be merged into one with the Xbox One's release.
Just to add to this, if a game's not available digitally through Games on Demand, then obviously it can't go on sale or be in the Games with Gold program.

There's been over 600 games released for Games on Demand, but for whatever reason, Condemned 2 isn't one of them. It's one of the few higher-profile games that hasn't been added to the service, along with Halo Anniversary, Mass Effect 2 and 3, the Forza Motorsport games, and a few others.

That might be why. I can't tell tho, I just stick to what works for me. I could never get a zero balance, because I'd have 10 or 20 points leftover. With the currency change, I've gotten to 3 cents but it's impossible to zero out completely, which works in my benefit.
Are you applying your new codes online at xbox.com or via the console?

75% off for The Darkness II is good deal. Too bad it's IP locked and not available for everyone. :(

Enough to fit in not one but TWO Dracula's castles in Castlevania: SOTN... and the original came out on a huge 700mb CD-ROM... black magic, there's no other possible explanation... :whee:
I don't think the original SOTN came anywhere close to filling up all that space on disc. The second castle was just the first one turned upside down and the game's file size is 96MB.

The Japanese version of SOTN on the XBLA marketplace has a slightly larger file size but that's only because it still has the original FMV scenes that were cut on the US XBLA version.

my search skills are poor- since the conversion, can credit again be used to purchase through xbox.com? Or only on the device?

thanks

I don't think the original SOTN came anywhere close to filling up all that space on disc. The second castle was just the first one turned upside down and the game's file size is 96MB.

The Japanese version of SOTN on the XBLA marketplace has a slightly larger file size but that's only because it still has the original FMV scenes that were cut on the US XBLA version.
Yeah, I know, I was just being ironic and nostalgic at the same time :bouncy:

Well, at least on Xbox we got cheevos! And this reminds me of that hidden track on the original PS1 disc, which played if you tried to spin it into a player or a PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2szBocnq4l8

Great work, miss Yamane :bow:

Mirror of Fate HD is also going to be available in a bundle called Lords of Shadow Collection that includes the first console game, all of it's DLC, and a special demo of LoS2 for $40. You have to wait until November 5th, but anyone interested should probably look into it if you haven't played LoS yet. Price works out to basically getting Mirror of Fate free.
Yeah, I played the original LoS and didn't love it. I mean, I'm going to wait for a sale on Mirror of Fate anyway so if the collection disc drops to the $10-$15 range first I'll buy that instead. But yeah, for those that are interested in both they may want to keep an eye out for that collection disc.

Is 400 Days a standalone game, no additional episodes?
400 Days is a bonus episode. You will need to download Episode 1 of The Walking Dead to play 400 Days just like any other episode. Episode 1 is currently free to download on Xbox Live Arcade, Additional episodes cost $4.99 each aside from 400 Days which costs $2.49 this week. Season 2 of Walking Dead is supposedly in production.

Well, fuck. I just spent 5 dollars on the disappointing Walking Dead 400 Days like 3 days ago. Wish I had known it was gong to be so short, or even on sale. 

Just find a copy of TWD retail, you can install the episodes and play them through the 1st episode I think
Haha. Nope. Doesn't work. The TWD disc is programmed to prevent installing. It will not install using any valid/legit Xbox console. As someone who plays everything off the hard drive (yes, including GTA5), it was frickin annoying to hear that TWD disc spin...

Sanctum of Slime worth $2.49? And I'm old enough but I have honestly never seen the movies other than clips so I'm not a Ghostbusters fan.

Not that hard to understand....

Is the arcade game, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime worth $2.49?

And I am not a Ghostbusters fan or anything, so I wouldn't be buying it simply because it's Ghostbusters media alone.

Is it fun? Is the gameplay good? Do I need to know anything about Ghostbusters to play it?

Do I need to know anything about Ghostbusters to play it?
You need to know that the structure of this roof cap is exactly like the kind of telemetry tracker that NASA uses to identify dead pulsars in deep space. Cold riveted girders with cores of pure selenium.

Sanctum of Slime worth $2.49?
Quoting myself for a more elaborate answer:

In reverse, I cannot advise against Sanctum of Slime enough, even if you buy it purely for completionism reasons: I got it during one of the infamous Taiwanese marketplace glitches, played a bit and deleted immediately after. I could overlook the unrelated plot, the amateurish cutscenes and sub-par graphics, I thought that the idea of different proton beams for ghosts was nice, but the AI stupidity, unresponsive controls and overall dullness killed the buzz for me... I spent more time with Zombie Apocalypse and Daggerdale than on this turd, and that's really saying something!
And you don't need to be a fan of the original movies, since Sanctum is almost unrelated... in a way, not being familiar with them could play in your behalf, but the game is a trainwreck even on its own...

I have honestly never seen the movies other than clips so I'm not a Ghostbusters fan.
1350715785657.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back