XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Barry Burton']what time does xbox update their markeplace?

i want to buy american nightmare as soon as possible[/QUOTE]

When I used to stay up for some deals I remember it being 5 AM EST. Might be wrong though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I was up til around 5am last night / this morning and the new dotw never went up[/QUOTE]

I think it's around 3:00 AM PST or 6:00 AM Eastern.

[quote name='Wrong']I was hoping for Madden NFL arcade around the super bowl. What are the odds it will go back on sale? The last time was January 2011. I would hate to pay double for something that has already been a dotw.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that yes, it will drop again. Possibly during an EA publisher sale. Although it may be forgotten about now that NFL Blitz is out. Obviously, this is all speculation.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I was hoping for Super Tecmo Bowl and I wonder the same thing about it too.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Tecmo Bowl Throwback drop too, alas it never has. And it's been on the marketplace for almost 2 years, so it will probably just be forgotten as well. I don't see this one popping up on DotW any time soon. Again, total speculation.

[quote name='Viper187']Has Matt Hazard BBB ever been less than 1200? Seems a bit much.[/QUOTE]

No it has not.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Haha I didn't even know Bubble Bobble was an arcade game.[/QUOTE]

I guess it isn't technically Bubble Bobble but Bust-a-Move was always awesome on the big Neo Geo cabinets. My rotation was always Baseball Stars, Bust-a-Move, and Metal Slug. The Neo Geo cabinets/consoles always seemed like the ultimate out-of-reach arcade experience to me.

Now I have to go load up Puzzle Bobble Live and work on some of those achievements!

[quote name='gubmccargen']I guess it isn't technically Bubble Bobble but Bust-a-Move was always awesome on the big Neo Geo cabinets. My rotation was always Baseball Stars, Bust-a-Move, and Metal Slug. The Neo Geo cabinets/consoles always seemed like the ultimate out-of-reach arcade experience to me.

Now I have to go load up Puzzle Bobble Live and work on some of those achievements![/QUOTE]

The only one I couldn't get was "Master of Infinite Patience", which says to play infinity mode for 60 consecutive minutes. I tried a couple times and got close, but it was seriously boring and kind of a waste of time. I boosted the online ones with someone from x360a.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The only one I couldn't get was "Master of Infinite Patience", which says to play infinity mode for 60 consecutive minutes. I tried a couple times and got close, but it was seriously boring and kind of a waste of time. I boosted the online ones with someone from x360a.[/QUOTE]

I got Master of Infinite Patience. What an ordeal! I just haven't gone back and beaten every level of arcade mode or whatever.

[quote name='eastx']I got Master of Infinite Patience. What an ordeal! I just haven't gone back and beaten every level of arcade mode or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Impressive. After the 2nd or 3rd time I failed, I realized that the absolute best case scenario for my next try still involved sitting there for 60 whole minutes, and I didn't really want to do that. I'd rather spend an hour playing something else.

Both Madden Arcade and Tecmo Bowl are bad games, regardless of price.

Madden Arcade has zero features outside of basic exhibition games, and the online community is pretty much dead by now. If you buy it, you better like playing the CPU or local multiplayer in meaningless exhibition games.

Tecmo Bowl has ridiculous lag online, which is really the only reason to buy it since all the NFL logos, uniforms and player names have been taken out.

If you're looking for good football games on XBLA, get Backbreaker: Vengeance and NFL Blitz. Both were well-worth the $15. Between the two, I like Backbreaker: Vengeance better.

[quote name='wEEman33']
Tecmo Bowl has ridiculous lag online, which is really the only reason to buy it since all the NFL logos, uniforms and player names have been taken out.
[/QUOTE]

I agree. A bunch of us CAGs were super excited about Tecmo Bowl and bought it on day one for league play. Then we played the game and suddenly we were dropping out of the league left and right (including me). It's just not much fun, and the interface and features are quite lacking.

[quote name='eastx']I agree. A bunch of us CAGs were super excited about Tecmo Bowl and bought it on day one for league play. Then we played the game and suddenly we were dropping out of the league left and right (including me). It's just not much fun, and the interface and features are quite lacking.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's any different now? If you joined a game right now you'd be the only ones playing and I wonder if you could get a good game in. I love Tecmo Bowl.

I also agree with the other poster that NFL Blitz is worth your 1200 points. It's really well done and there are a number of different play styles, two offline and three online. I don't regret that purchase at all.

I hate it when DLC goes on sale on PS3 but not 360. The NBA 2K12 DLC is on sale this week for 1/2 off on PS3 while it's still full price on 360. Of course the game is on sale at GS this week so I would like to get the DLC at a discount also.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I hate it when DLC goes on sale on PS3 but not 360. The NBA 2K12 DLC is on sale this week for 1/2 off on PS3 while it's still full price on 360. Of course the game is on sale at GS this week so I would like to get the DLC at a discount also.[/QUOTE]

I posted this earlier. I thought the NBA 2K12 was permanent price reductions but per the Sony update they look like sales now.

[quote name='ZForce915']I wonder if it's any different now? If you joined a game right now you'd be the only ones playing and I wonder if you could get a good game in. I love Tecmo Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Bad netcode is bad netcode.

I tried playing a friend in the same city as me over Xbox Live and it still lagged like crazy.

Avoid the shoddy Tecmo Bowl remake and pull out your old cartridges.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Was hoping half minute hero would be half off, guess i'll continue to wait. >_>[/QUOTE]

It's been half-off before but only for 30 seconds. ;)

[quote name='infamy']Downloading Alan Wake AN now... What's everyone's thoughts thus far?[/QUOTE]

i'm about 2 hours in and i'm really enjoying it

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I've been playing a lot of the Yar's Revenge demo lately. It is surprisingly addictive considering what an average game it is, and with a frustrating control scheme which I still can't get used to. There is just something about it that keeps me coming back, maybe it's the art style coupled with the soft electronic beats, but I find it relaxing. Anyway, I would like to see that game go on sale again.

/random thought[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I actually regret not picking it up when it was on sale 2-3 months back. At the time there was another game or two I was buying for cheap, and I didn't feel like dumping a lot of points* all at once.

*"a lot of points" being relative to my own propensity to spend (or not spend) money. :)

ReddJoey -

You may want to add the NBA2K12 DLC and Avatar Gear to miscellaneous sales in the OP. Also, sorry to hear about your injury.

Everyone Else -

Thanks for the opinions on Tecmo. Sounds like I don't need to worry about it ever going on sale because I'm not missing anything special.

[quote name='seppuku']I feel the same way. I actually regret not picking it up when it was on sale 2-3 months back. At the time there was another game or two I was buying for cheap, and I didn't feel like dumping a lot of points* all at once.

*"a lot of points" being relative to my own propensity to spend (or not spend) money. :)[/QUOTE]

I did that before, to Castlevania: SOTN. There was a huge sale and I picked up like 7 games, so I decided I would skip out on SotN. I regreted it for almost a year before it went on sale again.

[quote name='Kismayaz']I can't believe I have more than 4,000 MS points in my acct, and they've been sitting their since last year's summer of arcade -_- I keep trolling this thread, but there's been nothing worth buying (for me) as DotW ever since. Between that and the lack of decent XBLA titles has me worried about the future of MS and its Xbox. I'm half-tempted to just spend the rest of my points on full-priced titles I've been wanting to play, then trading it in for a PS3 (never owned one).

Sorry for being bloggish, and not really contributing to this topic, but I feel that I've gotten the most out of my xbox at this point, and all I ever use it for is netflix. That, and PC gaming has been very good now that I've built my new PC.

That said, I've still got quite a backlog for my Xbox, and I'm giving MS until I finish those up to make something worthwhile for me to play that I can't already get on the PC.

On a side note, what is this? :booty: Buttface?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I've been trying out all the demos on the DoTW's and all that but I just can't seem to find anything I want to purchase. I've got my own stash of MSP sitting here as well but I can't find anything I want to buy. I am excited to see what I Am Alive will be like but I absolutely hated how Warp played so I probably won't be participating in the promo. Though I'm most likely in the minority on this of course.

[quote name='seppuku']I feel the same way. I actually regret not picking it up when it was on sale 2-3 months back. At the time there was another game or two I was buying for cheap, and I didn't feel like dumping a lot of points* all at once.

*"a lot of points" being relative to my own propensity to spend (or not spend) money. :)[/QUOTE]

Well it looks like the game has coop, I'm not sure if it's online or local but if it goes on sale and you pick it up as I plan to, we'll have to look each other up for some coop.

I really hope it does not take another year for the game to go on sale, hopefully Tyler didn't jinx us. :D

[quote name='PrinnyJ']For Lost Odyssey, I bought that too. I LOVE that game, but I sometimes wish I didn't buy the DLC. It's a 25 floor deep dungeon that you can only go up every 5 floors. And you have to walk back down all 25 to get to the super boss. The only save point is at the top. The only thing I haven't done in that game is beat the super boss (haven't tried, either) because I would like to save before him so I didn't waste the hour it takes to run down to him. I'm a save freak and it bothers me that I can only save at the top. I'm still glad I supported one of my favorite games, but I really dislike the DLC dungeon. If you could take an elevator down to any floor you came up from, I would like this a whole lot more. Take from that what you will. :)[/QUOTE]

IMO, it isn't that bad when you're at the higher levels. I think I went down to the ~20th floor and then back up to save/heal/whatever. And then the next time I just went all the way down and finished it. You will def want to read & watch videos for strategy on the boss. I got rather lucky & beat him on my first try. Would have been mad if I had to go down all 25 floors again.

[quote name='tylerh1701']ReddJoey -

You may want to add the NBA2K12 DLC and Avatar Gear to miscellaneous sales in the OP. Also, sorry to hear about your injury.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words. I will try and get to OP done when I get home if I'm still feeling good. Tomorrow at the latest.

Traitor's Keep is worth it if you want more Fable 3.

Playing AWAN right now. Cleared the first world and it's basically more Alan Wake. I see absolutely no reason for the storytelling in this game to appeal to anyone who hadn't played AW, but in the same vein the gameplay seems to be tailored for people who thought AW was too hard or who never played it.

That said, AW's core gameplay remains strong, though I really think more guns is a stupid gag gift since 90% of the enemy's threat occurs when all you can fight it with is a flashlight

EDIT: Updated AWAN impressions. Holy hell that scientist girl's voice work is awful. She SPEAKS but there is no emotion at all. It's abysmal. Mr. *Kzzzt* is a hoot if only because he chews the everloving crap out of the scenery every time you see him. The graphics and scale of the game are all boiled down for an arcade-tier release. Not unlike the DLCs for AW1, only without the preexisting assets. The plot remains only compelling because Wake and Mr. *Krraaak* are just good at what they do. What goes on between is just unexplained Taken blasting. It looks like there are three maps of different styles in the story mode and the demo is one of those maps. You do some runaround on each map and then TIME WARP and have to do it all again so if you are gauging game length and value, you can weigh that, but, for me, a guy who still loves AW's core gameplay, buying this is a no brainer.

EDIT2: The repetition, the diminished character and story quality... this feels like a cheaper and flimsier AW. I like the pacing but I pine for the old AW satisfaction. I still need to try survival mode though. Still a thumbs up game though

[quote name='Gertle627']IMO, it isn't that bad when you're at the higher levels. I think I went down to the ~20th floor and then back up to save/heal/whatever. And then the next time I just went all the way down and finished it. You will def want to read & watch videos for strategy on the boss. I got rather lucky & beat him on my first try. Would have been mad if I had to go down all 25 floors again.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading some strategies, but they involved getting some drops on the 25th floor. I'd be ok with that, but I'm kinda paranoid about running into the dreaded group of diamond Kelolons. I'd rather not waste 45 minute run down, 1 hour+ of grinding, just to have it wiped because I can't go down to any floor I've been to. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually,though.:)

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I've been playing a lot of the Yar's Revenge demo lately. It is surprisingly addictive considering what an average game it is, and with a frustrating control scheme which I still can't get used to. There is just something about it that keeps me coming back, maybe it's the art style coupled with the soft electronic beats, but I find it relaxing. Anyway, I would like to see that game go on sale again.

/random thought[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, Yar's Revenge bored me but did not expressly offend. It does NOT get better from the demo but does not get appreciably worse. Yar's surly, stilted warrior speak as she and a wisened old alien thing trade barbs was far more entertaining than the game. It's not bad but... it just felt like it was just there, like it was just here for the paycheck.

It's also out on Steam if that's worth anything to you

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I really hope it does not take another year for the game to go on sale, hopefully Tyler didn't jinx us. :D[/QUOTE]

I hope I didn't either, for your guy's sake. :)

I have no idea what you guys are seeing in that demo though, that game was definitely not for me.

Is this the first time Legends Showcase has gone on sale? Is it something I should pick up ASAP or will it likely go on sale again? Trying to save my MS points for House Party games.

[quote name='NoHo']Is this the first time Legends Showcase has gone on sale? Is it something I should pick up ASAP or will it likely go on sale again? Trying to save my MS points for House Party games.[/QUOTE]

First time it's ever gone on sale, it only came out in November.

A little warning to those who care about achievements: this WILL glitch "the Whole Shebang" achievement if you don't finish all the disc achievements before playing the DLC ones. There is currently no patch to fix this.

Jet Grind Radio was just announced for XBLA/PSN. Hopefully it comes out soon and not at the end of the year or something. I mean, I'm sure it'll come out before SkullGirls Forever, but I want it now!

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Jet Grind Radio was just announced for XBLA/PSN. Hopefully it comes out soon and not at the end of the year or something. I mean, I'm sure it'll come out before SkullGirls Forever, but I want it now![/QUOTE]

InB4 talks of it going on sale

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Jet Grind Radio was just announced for XBLA/PSN. Hopefully it comes out soon and not at the end of the year or something. I mean, I'm sure it'll come out before SkullGirls Forever, but I want it now![/QUOTE]

I have JSRF for the original Xbox, but never plugged it in. Not even sure what it's about, looks trippy but cool.

Also, can't wait for it to go on sale!

[quote name='reddjoey']InB4 talks of it going on sale[/QUOTE]
I'm buying it for XBLA AND PSN the day it comes out at launch price.
I don't expect everyone to be as big a fan as me, but I want a new game in the series and I am going to do my part. If one never materializes, I can't say I didn't try.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']First time it's ever gone on sale, it only came out in November.

A little warning to those who care about achievements: this WILL glitch "the Whole Shebang" achievement if you don't finish all the disc achievements before playing the DLC ones. There is currently no patch to fix this.[/QUOTE]
No, no matter what it will prevent you from getting all the achievments

The Legends Showcase messes up your ability to completer all the game's achievments no matter how you try to get them, the only way you'll get them is if 2K makes a patch and as of now they're concentrating on NBA 2K13 so who knows if they'll go back and fix it

[quote name='tylerh1701']I have JSRF for the original Xbox, but never plugged it in. Not even sure what it's about, looks trippy but cool.

Also, can't wait for it to go on sale![/QUOTE]

Heheh I have it for the Dreamcast, Original Xbox, and the GBA. I have not played any of them. :whistle2:x

[quote name='ooga']Heheh I have it for the Dreamcast, Original Xbox, and the GBA. I have not played any of them. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Have and played for the Dreamcast and Xbox ... Amazingly not on my backlog, but I do revisit them. I am quite hyped about the news and will likely not wait for a sale, if they don't make me wait long.

Now I am curious about the GBA version.

Let me just put it atop my not waiting for a XBLA sale list:
Jet Set Radio
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Under Defeat HD
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
Dungeon Fighter Live
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Fez
Skullgirls
Retro City Rampage
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Yep, I'm being quite unCAG about this.

Just a heads up on Gears for those interested in the DLC for next week. The online portion of the game is borderline unplayable at the moment with the amount of sponging (enemies who take shots and won't die) and rollback lag. Not only has it been going on for 3 weeks, but everytime Epic fixes something, another 2 or 3 things are busted in the process.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know what JGR is, and the teaser was far from enlightening, but I will surely try the demo.[/QUOTE]

JSRF for the original Xbox is one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Just a heads up on Gears for those interested in the DLC for next week. The online portion of the game is borderline unplayable at the moment with the amount of sponging (enemies who take shots and won't die) and rollback lag. Not only has it been going on for 3 weeks, but everytime Epic fixes something, another 2 or 3 things are busted in the process.[/QUOTE]
Did they take away the DS? I played two weeks ago and it was unplayable it was like playing on GOW 2 lag

Honestly, I think the dedicated servers have been gone for a looooong time. Ever since the Fenix Rising map pack hit it's been having connection issues that just get worse over time. I don't have any proof that they are gone though, just personal experiences.

[quote name='Crono-00']Have and played for the Dreamcast and Xbox ... Amazingly not on my backlog, but I do revisit them. I am quite hyped about the news and will likely not wait for a sale, if they don't make me wait long.

Now I am curious about the GBA version.

Let me just put it atop my not waiting for a XBLA sale list:
Jet Set Radio
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Under Defeat HD
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
Dungeon Fighter Live
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Fez
Skullgirls
Retro City Rampage
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Yep, I'm being quite unCAG about this.[/QUOTE]

In your defense, there are a few on there that will probably never receive a sale, so you might as well pick them up right away.

The only 2 I'm considering getting at release are Retro City Rampage and Fez. Altho I'm starting to waver on Fez, just because of the constant delays and hype around it, I'm already tired of hearing about it and it still doesn't even have a release date.

Saw the teaser trailer for Jet Set Radio this morning. I've been waiting so long for that to be on XBLA/PSN, & I sure hope this means we'll be seeing more Dreamcast re-releases as well. Sure hope we hear more info about it soon.

Broke down and bought Bubble Bobble Neo (meaning it will certainly be on sale in the coming weeks). It was just as fun as I remember from all those years ago. This is my first full price purchase since Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back