XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Turbojugend']Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's what it's like. It's got a reputation for being extremely easy but I found it kind of tough. Maybe it was more that I had trouble getting my head around the controls.

[quote name='eastx']Jim Sterling is pretty much a douche, I'll admit. I like his Sonic reviews because of the time and thought he puts into them, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

LOL. agreed. I will on occasion, read his reviews on titles, but I have never based a purchased on anything he wrote. I get the impression he, like other writers, attempts to get more looks-hits by trolling. I get the impression he is the type that will beat a dead horse until it is a rotten, fetid, sloppy mess.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels? 'Cause I love SMB and will jump on this (no pun intended) if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's all about short platforming levels, and getting to the end as quickly as possible (with some collect-a-thon elements too). It's much, much easier than Meat Boy though, since it feels like it was aimed at children (partially because the entire game is played in front of a peanut gallery of children who shout in Japanese at your ninja).

Got Karkland dlc since i just bought the game yesterday. I was actually going to hold off playing online until it went on sale so thats cool I didn't even have to wait 24 hours. I'm going to redownload some of the trials to the other games on sale. Meh on next weeks sale.

Went ahead and bought ninjump. I'll buy just about any game for 2.50

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Yes, it is. The first retail disc included Yahtzee, Connect 4, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Scrabble, Battleship, Boggle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't interested in the full game, certainly not at full price. I bought Battleship and Scrabble on their own on sale. Sorry Sliders was an accident. The wife seems to like Yahtzee, so I'll get that this week. Total price to me: $20

The disk still costs $44 on Amazon. If I get the other 'disk' games at $5 each as well, I'd have them all at $35 (but I won't)

[quote name='Turbojugend']Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels? 'Cause I love SMB and will jump on this (no pun intended) if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Yes to the short, digestible levels. A few simple collectibles to grab in each level as well.

No in regards to the difficulty. Not even close to SMB. I mean, thousands and thousands of miles apart.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Went ahead and bought ninjump. I'll buy just about any game for 2.50[/QUOTE]

I am the same way, except I skipped out on some of the 200 point Genesis classics because I have them on disc already.

[quote name='wEEman33']Bummer about next week's deals.

Microsoft does way too many of these "war FPS" deals.[/QUOTE]

I agree. However this week was encouraging in that were more sales than what Major Nelson mentioned.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']Yeah, I wasn't interested in the full game, certainly not at full price. I bought Battleship and Scrabble on their own on sale. Sorry Sliders was an accident. The wife seems to like Yahtzee, so I'll get that this week. Total price to me: $20

The disk still costs $44 on Amazon. If I get the other 'disk' games at $5 each as well, I'd have them all at $35 (but I won't)[/QUOTE]

Print run on the disk version was sparse. It was a fucking bitch and a half to corral at a lower price when I picked up my hard copy version (must-have-all-disk games crazy me). Amazon's price is pretty consistent. GoHastings and Ebay have had a few steals for it, but I don't anticipate the value dipping.

Sadly, I wasn't as smart when it came to NCAA Basketball 2010. It's a sports game, why wouldn't I be able to get it for under $7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back