XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']Yes while each site is made up of multiple reviewers Destructoid is the only gaming site I know that has one reviewer (Jim Sterling) doing at least 90% of the reviews. Even after the reviews for Bastion (6.5/10), Assassin's Creed 2 (4.5/10) and the Witcher 2 (6/10) I continued reading because I like getting the opinions of multiple reviewers. But after that whole Mario Kart 7 review in which he gave it a (5/10) claiming that the game is one of the worst of the series because it's more of the same - while also giving Modern Warfare 3 receives a 9.5 praising it being more of the same. Haven't visited their site since.[/QUOTE]

Jim Sterling is pretty much a douche, I'll admit. I like his Sonic reviews because of the time and thought he puts into them, but that's about it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I only meant that, as you said, they're only inherently flawed as a tool to assign an absolute level of value to a game, because the value of a game is going to vary from person to person. I probably could have worded it better or explained myself a little bit better. I am very much in favor of game reviewers giving scores to games and that scores can be extremely useful when "looked at...in the proper manner".[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah, they're supposed to offer a perspective on the quality of the game that readers can use as a tool to better understand what they're potentially getting into.

[quote name='Namerson']Yes while each site is made up of multiple reviewers Destructoid is the only gaming site I know that has one reviewer (Jim Sterling) doing at least 90% of the reviews. Even after the reviews for Bastion (6.5/10), Assassin's Creed 2 (4.5/10) and the Witcher 2 (6/10) I continued reading because I like getting the opinions of multiple reviewers. But after that whole Mario Kart 7 review in which he gave it a (5/10) claiming that the game is one of the worst of the series because it's more of the same - while also giving Modern Warfare 3 receives a 9.5 praising it being more of the same. Haven't visited their site since.[/QUOTE]

Those are pathetic scores for all the games listed...but the witcher really stands out. How the fuck can that game get less then a 9 on any site?!? It's fucking brilliant!

[quote name='tylerh1701']If anyone wants a pretty in depth look at Jon Blow (Braid, The Witness) and a tough (and extremely LONG) read, check out this article from some site/magazine called "The Atlantic".

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/05/the-most-dangerous-gamer/8928/[/QUOTE]

I read that. Fascinating. Recommend (LONG)

Also, I found out the hard way that the Hasbro Family Game night games are on sale for 1/2 price. Scrabble, Sorry, Connect 4, Yahtzee, etc.

The hard way was my 5-year old playing the demo for "Sorry! Sliders" and unlocking the game. I only had 750 points, so I wasn't sure how he did it. Sure enough the game was 400MSP instead of the usual 800MSP.

...and now I own Sorry! Sliders. =/

I think what causes people to go for the pitchforks over Jim Sterling's reviews is that he actually grades on a scale from 1-10, in which 5-6 is average. Let's be honest, the vast majority of reviewers/magazines/websites grade on a 6-10 scale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've been at this all night and still can't get it to work. I don't have a laptop and no wifi in my PC. Tried connecting the Xbox wirelessly but it still stops at 99%. I just don't see why this is being such a pain. Region Free my fucking fuck![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what to tell you, but if you read the link I posted, the guide said to disconnect the Xbox from the internet once the download hit 99% and download the last 1% through VPN, otherwise the Xbox won't let the download finish. Are you sure you don't have a way of connecting your Xbox to the internet through your PC (i.e. Xbox -> PC -> router)?

On the other hand, if you're already downloading it, does that mean you already bought it? Try checking your Storage, as the game might actually be on your HD, but your console is denying you access to it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']If anyone wants a pretty in depth look at Jon Blow (Braid, The Witness) and a tough (and extremely LONG) read, check out this article from some site/magazine called "The Atlantic".

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/05/the-most-dangerous-gamer/8928/[/QUOTE]

Not reading that. Braid really wasn't that good. It was a fun puzzler, but it didn't have much beyond that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/04/16/jonathan-blow-isnt-going-to-save-video-games/

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']I think what causes people to go for the pitchforks over Jim Sterling's reviews is that he actually grades on a scale from 1-10, in which 5-6 is average. Let's be honest, the vast majority of reviewers/magazines/websites grade on a 6-10 scale.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he defend Mass Effect 3? I'm pretty sure that's enough to invalidate anyone's opinion on anything ever.

[quote name='Vap']Those are pathetic scores for all the games listed...but the witcher really stands out. How the fuck can that game get less then a 9 on any site?!? It's fucking brilliant![/QUOTE]
I'd give it a 6 or a 7

[quote name='benjamouth']Nice, prolly grab Haunt and Nin2-JUMP.[/QUOTE]

Nin2-Jump is worth at 200pts. Nice little game. Looks like nothing for me - maybe Virtual-On, but i don't know - i'm not a fan of these games. Still nice to see some games during Arcade Next promotion.

[quote name='Narsis84']...I'm putting my heart on an iron brigade sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']...unless you have friends to play with or can find some randoms to go through the campaign with, I think you may be disappointed...[/QUOTE]
I'm up for some Iron Brigade. A friend of mine and I agreed to each pick one XBLA game and then buy our choice and the other guy's. His choice was Iron Brigade but he hardly ever plays it. So I'd be happy to play with someone.

I actually read that soon after it came out. I found that it made me dislike the guy. Although I did agree with some of his thoughts/ideas/statements, he just came off as a really arrogant and egotistical. I can seperate a creator from a creation and I'm totally fine with people doing their own thing but his portrayal in the article just rubbed me the wrong way.

[quote name='Sath666']Today's deals:

Virtual-On OT 1200-> 600

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...6acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410985?cid=SLink

Haunt 800-> 400

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Haunt/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b34?cid=SLink

Guwange 800-> 400

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Guwange/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a78?cid=SLink

NIN2-JUMP 400-> 200

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/NIN2-JUMP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b25[/QUOTE]

Aw man Nin2Jump would have been the only thing I'm interested in..but i bought it during february 5% promotion as I thought it would never go on sale (still haven't started the game yet =/)

Picked up nin2jump and haunt, glad my 1 month sub finally paid off in the last week! Already have Guwange (and it's difficult!)

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hmmm...Haunt looks interesting, but I am assuming this is Kinect only right?!?[/QUOTE]

Correct, and honestly, it would pretty pretty boring if it wasn't.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Hmmm...Haunt looks interesting, but I am assuming this is Kinect only right?!?[/QUOTE]

I'd advise trying the demo if you're thinking about it, you get a decent amount of time in it and you can check if you're going to have any Kinect jankiness.

I was borderline at 800 but for 400 I'll pick it up.

Totally recommend Guwange & Nin2-Jump. I'm still deciding on Virtual On. I tried the demo long ago back when I originally got my 360, but I remember the controls were kind of hard to get used to.

Also, the Xbox Rewards deal for the month is spend 240 MSP on Music Add-Ons, get 80 MSP back.

Update: Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog post on Major Nelson's site. Strangely doesn't list the Japanese games on sale this week (Virtual On, both Cave games)

I'll recommend Virtual On. It is hard to get used to the controls, but fun can be had with the game. Plus, it's a pretty easy 200/200 for those that care about achievements.

Sweet. I had 200 msps on a silver account that did not know what to do with. Added a Free 1 month of gold and bam....free (as far as I am concerned) Nin2-jump. :)
I already have Haunt and will pick up VOOT even though my Dreamcast copy is still shrinkwrapped. I just feel the need to spend some points. :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']More price drops....I get the feeling i want this japanese game...but never seen this here before...lol[/QUOTE]

For the japanese game, are you referring to Mushi Futari Black Label? That is actually DLC. Now...if I can figure out if it works with version 1.5, I'm snatching that sucker up. Granted, I thought the original price was 800 points, but considering I would've bought it already at full price had I known it was there, I'm not complaining.

Tough week for me. I love VO:OT, but 600 still seems like too much to me. I would rather just play my DC version and hope that Sega releases another Dreamcast collection in the future on-disc with VO:OT, JSR HD, Shenmue, and whatever else.

I'm not normally too big on graphics and I love supporting Cave games, but I just tried the demo for Nin2 Jump and I do not know if I can pay 200 for it. I really like the style of the game, except it looks blurry and fuzzy as hell to me, and is off-putting.

[quote name='JStryke']For the japanese game, are you referring to Mushi Futari Black Label? That is actually DLC. Now...if I can figure out if it works with version 1.5, I'm snatching that sucker up. Granted, I thought the original price was 800 points, but considering I would've bought it already at full price had I known it was there, I'm not complaining.[/QUOTE]

Yep and I know this is DLC only but I want to get the main game now xp
And LEGO PotC is not available in my region...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'm not normally too big on graphics and I love supporting Cave games, but I just tried the demo for Nin2 Jump and I do not know if I can pay 200 for it. I really like the style of the game, except it looks blurry and fuzzy as hell to me, and is off-putting.[/QUOTE]

For Nin-Jump, it's not the greatest game, but from what I remember, it was more a charity case in the sense that proceeds went to benefit Japan. I'm thinking this was after the earthquake, but not sure if it was that or something else off the top of my head.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']
Also, I found out the hard way that the Hasbro Family Game night games are on sale for 1/2 price. Scrabble, Sorry, Connect 4, Yahtzee, etc.

/[/QUOTE]

my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right?
what else is not part of the retail disc?

Man these deals suck it,you dont,have bf3 or have aby clancy games (myself). I hope the other games arent this month's price drops, cause i dont like any of them. Atleast i dont,have to spend money on points for a couple of weeks. On a totally unrealted note (sorry joey) how bout that black ops 2 and the setting of the game being in the future?

[quote name='benjamouth']Nice, prolly grab Haunt and Nin2-JUMP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JStryke']For Nin-Jump, it's not the greatest game, but from what I remember, it was more a charity case in the sense that proceeds went to benefit Japan. I'm thinking this was after the earthquake, but not sure if it was that or something else off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Nin2-Jump was really cool, I enjoyed it. I bought it right when it came out because (supposedly) the first month of sales were gonna be donated to the Red Cross for Japan.

Anyway, the game is well worth 200. I mean, it's just a simple short platformer, but the art style was interesting and I enjoyed it. Easy 200/200 GS as well, if I remember correctly.

I do remember reading there was a bug that would corrupt or delete saved data, so maybe read up on that before you start playing.

Nothing this week for me, but nice to see some Arcade games on sale. Wish it was Ikagura on sale, wasn't Guwange just on sale???

[quote name='airco']I'm not sure what to tell you, but if you read the link I posted, the guide said to disconnect the Xbox from the internet once the download hit 99% and download the last 1% through VPN, otherwise the Xbox won't let the download finish. Are you sure you don't have a way of connecting your Xbox to the internet through your PC (i.e. Xbox -> PC -> router)?

On the other hand, if you're already downloading it, does that mean you already bought it? Try checking your Storage, as the game might actually be on your HD, but your console is denying you access to it.[/QUOTE]

I need to dig around when I get home tonight and see if I have any network cards. I realized that may have been the issue after I gave up for the night last night. Everything runs through the router and I only have the one ethernet port on my PC atm.

I was able to purchase the game by buying it on my PC through a Chinese proxy. The file corrupts at 99% when downloading on my Xbox saying "Can't download Virtual On". Worst case scenario I'm going to have to haul my Xbox to my brother's house and try from his wife's laptop.

I'm going to get this freaking game if it kills me! I'm in for disappointment with it it seems-didn't know they slowed down the combat to accommodate 4 players. Hopefully it isn't too slow as I really love the high intesity single player from past versions.

Nothing for me this week in either DotW. Knew that was coming. Tried not to get my hopes up but it happened anyway. Also bought Nin-2Jump during the 5% rebate. 180 point gamble and loss. Not too terrible.

Oh and I would HIGHLY recommend VOOT. But then that should be pretty obvious by how much I'm working just to get VOF. :p

[quote name='basis']my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right?
what else is not part of the retail disc?[/QUOTE]

Pictureka, Connect 4X4, and Jenga.

Well, decided to bite and get Nin2-Jump, since I'd have 200 spare points after buying VOOT and Guwange anyway. The upcoming DotWs seem kinda lame, but I'd say these games make up for it. Heck, I thought they were the DotW.

[quote name='drawingboard']Anyone have a link on how to make a Japanese account? A Dead Island DotW is looking pretty good right now.[/QUOTE]

I know there was a tutorial that used to get posted in the free forum a lot when Japan had exclusive free items. I don't have a link but you could try looking there.

You shouldn't need it though. Use Google Chrome which has built in translation and if you need to put in an address just search for a random one on Google.

Finally bought Nin2 Jump!

[quote name='louiedog']I know there was a tutorial that used to get posted in the free forum a lot when Japan had exclusive free items. I don't have a link but you could try looking there.

You shouldn't need it though. Use Google Chrome which has built in translation and if you need to put in an address just search for a random one on Google.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend following a tutorial like this one. You do need to know a few specific steps.

So an add on for a not commercially available in the US game is a Deal of the Week... yeah...

Did grab the two games that had previously not been on sale (and/or I didn't own) in Haunt and Nin2-Jump.

[quote name='basis']my memory is kinda hazy - but Scabble isn't part of the FGN retail disc right? what else is not part of the retail disc?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. The first retail disc included Yahtzee, Connect 4, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Scrabble, Battleship, Boggle.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So an add on for a not commercially available in the US game is a Deal of the Week... yeah...

Did grab the two games that had previously not been on sale (and/or I didn't own) in Haunt and Nin2-Jump.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield is not commercially available in the US? :D

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Yes, it is. The first retail disc included Yahtzee, Connect 4, Sorry, Sorry Sliders, Scrabble, Battleship, Boggle.[/QUOTE]

Well for scrabble this is only true for US people, Scrabble isn't included anywhere else sadly =/

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So an add on for a not commercially available in the US game is a Deal of the Week... yeah...[/QUOTE]

It is region free though. ;)

Just from looking at the Nin2-Jump screens, is it anything like Super Meat Boy? As in short, digestible platform levels? 'Cause I love SMB and will jump on this (no pun intended) if that's the case.

[quote name='JStryke']It is region free though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Crap. I added 800 points to my Japanese account before I realized the Mushihimesama Futari DLC deal is for Gold members only. I could start a new Japanese account for a month of gold, but I'd have to buy another 800 points code. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back