XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='infamy']Hmm, when is the last time a GoD game went on sale?[/QUOTE]

I'd say they go on sale fairly frequently (far too frequently for me, I've never run into a GoD sale that is better priced than just getting the disc)

Anyways, from this year:

1/3 Games on Demand:
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Dragon Age: Origins - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Monopoly Streets - 1800 Microsoft Points - 25% off
-Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - 1800 Microsoft Points - 25% off

1/17 Games on Demand:
-GTA IV - 1800 Microsoft Points ($22.49) - 25% off

2/7 Games on Demand:
-Battlestations Pacific - 2400 Microsoft Points ($24.49) - 25% off
-Just Cause 2 - 2400 Microsoft Points ($24.49) - 25% off
-Tomb Raider Underworld - 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99) - 25% off

They show up more frequently during publishers sales. I think eventually RE4, RE:CV, and Crysis will show up during a EA publisher sale.

[quote name='mpaullin']Hmm... wonder what the chance of Trials HD (and/or the DLC) going on sale are given that the sequel will be out soon. Anyone know the last time it was on sale and for how much?[/QUOTE]

It drops a lot. Last time it dropped was October, it dropped to 600 points. It has been as low as 400. If you're patient, it will definitely drop again.

As for the DLC, Big Pack went on sale in Nov. 2010 and Big Thrills in April 2011.

[quote name='Zonic505']It's a shame that more retail games don't have them. The last one that had them that I can think of is Sonic Generations (though Mass Effect 3 will have some). That, & unlockable gamerpics, are some nice bonuses to unlock & can help determine which system I get a game for.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you, I love avatar awards and even gamerpics! I'll definitely go back in games and redo things if it means unlocking another avatar award/gamerpic.

[quote name='Lazer77']Is anyone else incredibly disappointed with the deals for the last say...2 months?[/QUOTE]

I think almost all of us are. There's been some ok DLC in the publisher sales, but as for actual XBLA games, it's been rough.

That video for Fez looks awesome, finally something other than the new Trials game to look forward to, btw yay Trials Evo has a release time!!!

[quote name='infamy']Unless you only buy points for deals, that $50 shouldn't last long. So many amazing games releasing very soon such as Trials 2 and Fez, not to mention Alan Wake which is awesome.

I keep having to buy points from Ooga, lol.[/QUOTE]

what is ooga? i googled and just got "ooga booga" pages

[quote name='Barry Burton']what is ooga? i googled and just got "ooga booga" pages[/QUOTE]

ooga is a member here LOL.

[quote name='wEEman33']Trials stuff has been on sale a lot. I bet it will go on sale again around the time that Evolution drops.[/QUOTE]
I hope so. I love Trials and missed the DLC both (?) times it's been on sale.

[quote name='Barry Burton']what is ooga? i googled and just got "ooga booga" pages[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']ooga is a member here LOL.[/QUOTE]

Lmao

[quote name='Tsel']I hope so. I love Trials and missed the DLC both (?) times it's been on sale.[/QUOTE]

Each DLC has gone on sale once, at different times. Which is really out of the norm considering how infrequently XBLA game's DLC goes on sale.

I love love love Trials HD, but once Trials Evolution is out I can't see a lot of point in buying the DLC for Trials HD if you don't already have it. The content in TE is going to blow all that stuff away due to track central. There'll be endless content, and given the quality of tracks that some folks made from THD, there should be a lot of awesome stuff to download in short order. It was just hard to get those tracks in Trials HD. That's solved in Trials Evolution. Mind you, give them more money, I'm all for that, but if you have to choose I'd say you should just buy Trials Evolution in April.

[quote name='crunchewy']I love love love Trials HD, but once Trials Evolution is out I can't see a lot of point in buying the DLC for Trials HD if you don't already have it. The content in TE is going to blow all that stuff away due to track central. There'll be endless content, and given the quality of tracks that some folks made from THD, there should be a lot of awesome stuff to download in short order. It was just hard to get those tracks in Trials HD. That's solved in Trials Evolution. Mind you, give them more money, I'm all for that, but if you have to choose I'd say you should just buy Trials Evolution in April.[/QUOTE]
Oh definitely.

I won't buy the Trials HD DLC unless it goes on sale at least a couple of weeks before Evolution and even at that point, I might just wait it out. I'm sure the base game of Trials can tide me over until Evolution drops.

I actually bought the trials dlc when it was on dotw but never got around to playing it because of my backlog. And now my backlog is doubled. :(

[quote name='JStryke']They do go on sale occasionally, but not often. If you're referring to RE:CV or RE4, I'm wondering if March is going to be early for a sale (when Operation Racoon City releases), but I would see if there is a sale either in October or when RE6 releases (in November iirc).[/QUOTE]

"Cannibalizing sales," that is the phrase I see used on this thread apropos towards promotions like Summer of Arcade. We have used statements such as "there probably won't be any good sales during the House Party promotion because the partners in that promotion would likely not appreciate a DotW cannibalizing sales of their game." The phrase amuses me, to eat something of a similar species on the 360, funny.

I do not recall this happening enough: where a Live sale is used to garner attention for an upcoming release. Sometimes there is logic to a sale idea such as: "they should put the XBLA release of the earlier game to build hype for the new release," "the DLC for this XBLA title should be on sale too since the title has been on sale before," "PS+ dropped the ball and offered only free themes this week, DotW should capitalize and offer all the items I want on sale." Staying positive with great ideas but somehow it has lead me to a bit of disappointment a few times.

Brings me back to the cannibalizing sales theme. Just the off chance a Resident Evil Games on Demand sale could hurt the figures of Operation Racoon City, along with the developers/publisher's focus on the modern title's success, may steer the sale idea away for what I guess to be 2-3 months after launch of a new title. I guess that range of time since a large amount of sales of a game tend to be concentrated on a game's initial month or two of purchases.

I will put a couple of theories to the test, and the results will be coming in the next couple of months. I did as promised and purchased XBLA Soul Calibur this month at full price, so it may very likely go on sale now because the Live team has been waiting for me to break. This is a game they didn't put on sale prior to the recent release of Soul Calibur 5, and 5 may be getting closer to a time when sales may have evened out. So if XBLA Soul Calibur does go on sale in the upcoming weeks, it could confirm the Live team wants me to break and/or the canabalizm idea ^^.

Um, oh yeah, topic, yep, the Gears 3 DLC is on sale all right; I'm still holding out for a complete edition, just as I did for New Vegas Ultimate (and now I wait ... for that to go on sale). I did make a guess next week's DotW could be Forza 4 DLC, but New Vegas DLC could be a strong possibility too. I leave it up to the Live team to give me a pleasant surprise like the times when they put up Outland, Trouble Witches Neo, the Pinball FX2 packs on sale; all just to defy my horrid forecasts.

Sorry for the wall of text post again. Happy leap day, hope your last minute 5% rebate decisions turn out well. I am considering for a last minute 5% KOF: Sky Stage, as a bonus to my Soul Calibur full price purchase to lure out a DotW for them. Celebrate Leap Day in whatever way it is supposed to be celebrated.

[quote name='Crono-00']Um, oh yeah, topic, yep, the Gears 3 DLC is on sale all right; I'm still holding out for a complete edition, just as I did for New Vegas Ultimate (and now I wait ... for that to go on sale). [/QUOTE]

Pretty stupid considering there's almost no chance a "complete edition" would have the DLC on disc anyway. Gears 2 only included the codes for download. Gears 3 will be the same. If I thought there was a decent chance they'd release an edition with absolutely EVERYTHING on disc (maps, weapons, skins, all of it), I'd wait. May as well just get the Gears Pass for all the maps and be done with it.

[quote name='Crono-00']I will put a couple of theories to the test, and the results will be coming in the next couple of months. I did as promised and purchased XBLA Soul Calibur this month at full price, so it may very likely go on sale now because the Live team has been waiting for me to break. This is a game they didn't put on sale prior to the recent release of Soul Calibur 5, and 5 may be getting closer to a time when sales may have evened out. So if XBLA Soul Calibur does go on sale in the upcoming weeks, it could confirm the Live team wants me to break and/or the canabalizm idea ^^.[/QUOTE]

First, I should preface this by saying I think you may be giving the Xbox Live team too much credit. I'd say there's a better chance that one dude at MS picks the DotW by throwing darts than there is that they have DotW's planned out months ahead of time and strategically placed around releases of other games.

Anyways, I don't think an XBLA sale on Soul Calibur would cannibalize sales of Soul Calibur V. They're basically on different platforms, there's an extreme difference in price, and fans buying Soul Calibur V in the opening couple weeks would probably still jump at a sale for Soul Calibur XBLA.

I think cannibalization would occur a lot more if a game like Toy Soldiers: Cold War were to go on sale for 50% off the same week as I Am Alive releases. A 1600 point card is only gonna buy one, and the smart money goes towards the one-week-only sale price (assuming the buyer is interested in both). I Am Alive goes on the buyer's backburner and Xbox has effectively cannibalized a sale for itself.

If Trials HD went on sale the same week Trials 2 comes out, I think that would be an even stronger example of a game cannibalizing sales for itself.

Just my thoughts and speculations.

And yes, I realize how much of a buzzword "cannibalize" is and I apologize for using it 4 times.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Heard if you say cannibalize 6 times, Michael Keaton appears.[/QUOTE]

If you say it three times in the mirror in the dark...

Anyone played Neuxiz? 2 games of the demo was all I could stomach. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed like a crappy Quake clone and we already have Quake Arena for XBLA.

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone played Neuxiz? 2 games of the demo was all I could stomach. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed like a crappy Quake clone and we already have Quake Arena for XBLA.[/QUOTE]
Nexuiz was originally an open-source Quake mod that a company bought up from its founders and released on Xbox. This pissed off all the people that contributed to the code base over the years to no end, so they created a fork of it called Xonotic, which can be downloaded and played on the PC for free.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexuiz
http://www.xonotic.org/

Reviews for Nexuiz Xbox have been mixed:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/nexuiz

Does anyone know what happened to the BONK XBLA game? I played it two years ago (if you worked in the game industry, you'd know where to find it) and it seemed like it was finished.

Never heard of Bonk but I know I had that crappy Yaris game and they removed it from the marketplace.

For that one I was able to go to www.xbox.com and under your account you can look up your history and download stuff there so if you purchased it you still might be able to get it that way.

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone played Neuxiz? 2 games of the demo was all I could stomach. Maybe I'm missing something but it seemed like a crappy Quake clone and we already have Quake Arena for XBLA.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really enjoying it. I consider it free though, since i'm going for all the House Party games. I was already strongly interested in Warp, Alan Wake, and I Am Alive... so it was a no brainer to pick this one up as well.

I wouldn't really suggest it to anyone else unless they are also going for the House Party 800 points back.

[quote name='infamy']Wow, it's that crappy?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a twitch-shooter fan, and not all that much of a shooter fan in general, so consider where i'm coming from.

It was a game i had zero previous interest in, and only decided to get once i saw the House Party promotion.

[quote name='infamy']Wow, it's that crappy?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a FPS connoisseur, but this is a far cry from good. For all the ballyhoo about the CryEngine 3, the graphics are generic and harsh. The guns don't feel good at all. It took forever to set up a match. And once again, at 800 points, Quake Arena Arcade is a much better choice for a twitch shooter.

PS - I didn't care for Gotham City Imposters, but I can tell that it's a much better game.

Apparently it has some pretty serious online issues. Not least of which is a lack of team balancing when someone leaves and not allowing replacement players to join the match.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Does anyone know what happened to the BONK XBLA game? I played it two years ago (if you worked in the game industry, you'd know where to find it) and it seemed like it was finished.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to the first new Bonk game in nearly two decades.

[quote name='kvadair']Unfortunately it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to the first new Bonk game in nearly two decades.[/QUOTE]

While were on the subject of old games, anyone have info on that game that was an arcade game where youre an ape that shoots shit out of your mouth? I always get the title confused with ancients of ooga i know thats not it. It hits a nostalgic arcade sweet spot and I havent heard anything for at least a year-they were supposed to make an HD remake for download...

-and nexiuz was the only thing keeping me from doing the promo, it screams mediocrity and a dead community within a few months. wish they wouldnt pulled out something better in place.

[quote name='bajingo']While were on the subject of old games, anyone have info on that game that was an arcade game where youre an ape that shoots shit out of your mouth? I always get the title confused with ancients of ooga i know thats not it. It hits a nostalgic arcade sweet spot and I havent heard anything for at least a year-they were supposed to make an HD remake for download...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Toki?
Would love to play this again.

[quote name='kvadair']Unfortunately it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to the first new Bonk game in nearly two decades.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Sucks it was cancelled, I guess I'll just go buy a TG 16 sometime to revisit Bonk.

If you're a shooter fan, forget Neuxiz and spend those 800 points on Monday Night Combat instead.

I'm still playing MNC and the game is almost two years old.

[quote name='bajingo']And nexiuz was the only thing keeping me from doing the promo, it screams mediocrity and a dead community within a few months. wish they wouldnt pulled out something better in place.[/QUOTE]

Me too. With games like Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 coming just weeks after the House Party promo ends, I have no clue how the hell Nexuiz snuck into the House Party.

Given this month's reward offer and survey, I am getting the impression Deal of the Week is an afterthought now. It is as if they placed a banner up on "mission accomplished" getting subscribers to gold, lured me with DotW, and now the focus is just on getting renewals. Of course I tick marked "other" and filled in "Deal of the Week." Aside from the "other" selection, I guess the other selections are what the numbers indicate what the majority of gold members use their subsciptions primarily by time for, or at least how MS wants people to use it for. I really do hope deals are not an afterthought now.

[quote name='Viper187']Pretty stupid considering there's almost no chance a "complete edition" would have the DLC on disc anyway. Gears 2 only included the codes for download. Gears 3 will be the same. If I thought there was a decent chance they'd release an edition with absolutely EVERYTHING on disc (maps, weapons, skins, all of it), I'd wait. May as well just get the Gears Pass for all the maps and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

Well, even when a complete edition of a game is released even when it is just a download voucher, like the platinum hits version of Halo Wars,
one could save money because a complete edition may be less costly than purchasing a base copy then the DLC. Just habit of some CAGs to make the appropriate action for a better deal for their individual situation (care for multiplayer, backlog, desire for game, etc.). I decided to wait on a complete edition of Gears 3 because the previous two iterations did get complete edition releases (a two disc platinum hits for 1, and the aforementioned voucher 2; I have no idea about the triple pack). I feel my chances are slightly better than 50:50, since a few of the key Microsoft disc-based franchises see this treatment such as Fable 1-2, Halo 1-2&wars (oddity with 3's DLC on ODST), Gears 1-2, Forza 2-3, Perfect Dark Zero, and Mass Effect (1) [up to and before a later released DLC]; however, Crackdown 1-2 nor recent iterations (Reach, Fable 3, Forza 4, etc.) have gotten the treatment yet. I am in no rush, so I can wait.

[quote name='tylerh1701']First, I should preface this by saying I think you may be giving the Xbox Live team too much credit. I'd say there's a better chance that one dude at MS picks the DotW by throwing darts than there is that they have DotW's planned out months ahead of time and strategically placed around releases of other games.

Anyways, I don't think an XBLA sale on Soul Calibur would cannibalize sales of Soul Calibur V. They're basically on different platforms, there's an extreme difference in price, and fans buying Soul Calibur V in the opening couple weeks would probably still jump at a sale for Soul Calibur XBLA.

I think cannibalization would occur a lot more if a game like Toy Soldiers: Cold War were to go on sale for 50% off the same week as I Am Alive releases. A 1600 point card is only gonna buy one, and the smart money goes towards the one-week-only sale price (assuming the buyer is interested in both). I Am Alive goes on the buyer's backburner and Xbox has effectively cannibalized a sale for itself.

If Trials HD went on sale the same week Trials 2 comes out, I think that would be an even stronger example of a game cannibalizing sales for itself.

Just my thoughts and speculations.

And yes, I realize how much of a buzzword "cannibalize" is and I apologize for using it 4 times.[/QUOTE]

Point taken, and I do not disagree for the most part. I just figured an optimal time for the Resident Evil Games on Demand everyone wants would be around June-July since that is smack-dab right between the two new releases and would keep the series fresh/relevant in the minds of players. June-July is also nice because trends have it that lulls in major releases occur within that time period, and it may even be before the Summer of Arcade releases.

As for my Soul Calibur case, I sense a publisher or the Live team may still be adverse to a sale just on the off-chance, the potential, of cannibalizing sales. Just on getting a similar experience with a game, the cheaper limited time alternative purchase wins out as you mentioned. I still think it is a decent idea to build hype prior to release with a sale on an earlier edition, but you are right, a good idea may be trumped by what the dart lands on.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Does anyone know what happened to the BONK XBLA game? I played it two years ago (if you worked in the game industry, you'd know where to find it) and it seemed like it was finished.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned earlier, it was cancelled due to lack of quality. A similarly larger shame is how Hudson is now gone (but Konami has since adoped their franchises). I will remeber Hudson for many great games I have enjoyed such as Bonk, Star Soldier, Bomberman, thier rendition of Ys 4: Mask of the Sun, and many many more. I did hope Bonk would see a revisit on XBLA like Rocket Knight and Vandal Hearts, but based on the preview videos, it did seem a bit of its spirit was lost so maybe it is best for Bonk to go out with some dignity which may not be the case for other mascot platformers ^^.

Strangely enough, I was sort of interested in Nexuiz for XBLA prior to release because I remembered enjoying Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament back in the day. I do fear this XBLA release may not survive if a community isn't sustained. When I tried it yesterday, I was unable to get past the "press start" screen no matter how many times I pressed start and "A.". It took a while and I eventually got to a unable to connect dialog window ... And that was my initial impression of the game: an intro pretty much rephrasing Unreal Tournament's intro and a title screen.

[quote name='wEEman33']If you're a shooter fan, forget Neuxiz and spend those 800 points on Monday Night Combat instead.

I'm still playing MNC and the game is almost two years old.[/QUOTE]

MNC is one of the best games on xbla, period. My assassin has gotten me so much hate mail, lol.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Me too. With games like Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 coming just weeks after the House Party promo ends, I have no clue how the hell Nexuiz snuck into the House Party.[/QUOTE]

Usually these XBLA promotion games are exclusives, at least for a few weeks. Maybe they couldn't strike any deals with those publishers to push the PSN/PC releases back.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Me too. With games like Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 coming just weeks after the House Party promo ends, I have no clue how the hell Nexuiz snuck into the House Party.[/QUOTE]
there is always at least 1 crappy game in this promotion so that microsoft actually sells it. how many are honestly going to buy nexuiz by itself at full price? this way the game sells, to a point anyway, and people who do the promo dont feel as ripped off when they get their 800 points back.

[quote name='louiedog']Usually these XBLA promotion games are exclusives, at least for a few weeks. Maybe they couldn't strike any deals with those publishers to push the PSN/PC releases back.[/QUOTE]

True, didn't think about that.

[quote name='taylort3']there is always at least 1 crappy game in this promotion so that microsoft actually sells it. how many are honestly going to buy nexuiz by itself at full price? this way the game sells, to a point anyway, and people who do the promo dont feel as ripped off when they get their 800 points back.[/QUOTE]

True, didn't think of that either.

[quote name='bajingo']it was Toki, and no news for 2 years ouch.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/17/golgoth-forced-to-search-for-toki-hd-publisher-on-xbla/[/QUOTE]

Some more recent news: Toki was scheduled for April 2011, published by Ignition Entertainment:
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a290047/toki-pushed-back-to-april-2011.html

On their developer's blog last June, Golgoth stated that their deal with Ignition fell through. They were then aiming for Sept 2011 on Steam, with other platforms later:
http://golgothstudio.com/devblog/toki/where-is-toki/

On February 1, Golgoth stated on Facebook that they may have found a publisher for the 360 version:
http://www.facebook.com/golgothstudio/posts/10150644514611719

Yesterday, Golgoth stated on Facebook that they'll have an update on Toki soon:
http://www.facebook.com/golgothstudio/posts/10150724435226719

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hehe. Our fearless leader, ReddJoey, commented on that article. I love running into CAGs in the wild.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's me. Kinda sucks they have a finished product just going to waste. I wonder if they could switch it to XBLIG if the publishers fall through.

I played my first game of Nexuiz after getting a code for it earlier today. I finished one game and it was fine. The weapons were okay and as someone who grew up playing Quake 1-3 online I like the sense of speed and weapons. It's not something I'd recommend over the free Quake Live, however.

What I had a problem with was matchmaking. It took about 8 minutes to get into a game of 3 on 3. I tried to start a second game but gave up after 3 minutes without being matched with a single other player. Either no one is playing or the matchmaking sucks. I don't want to spend as long trying to play as I am actually playing. It's either broken at release when the most people will be playing or there aren't many people playing. Either way, that's not encouraging for the future of this multiplayer game.

As it is right now you probably shouldn't buy it unless you get the other 3 games and want it essentially for free.

I'm really hoping that they do a ME2 DLC sale soon. I never got around to purchasing all of the DLC on PC and I'm looking to convert my savegame from PC to 360. But, until I get the DLC on 360, its not feasible. Plus, I want to continue my PC character on 360 for the multiplayer with my brother.

Well, perhaps next week, since that's ME3.

[quote name='hellhunde']I'm really hoping that they do a ME2 DLC sale soon. I never got around to purchasing all of the DLC on PC and I'm looking to convert my savegame from PC to 360. But, until I get the DLC on 360, its not feasible. Plus, I want to continue my PC character on 360 for the multiplayer with my brother.

Well, perhaps next week, since that's ME3.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. Anyone know if it's likely?

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']I hope so too. Anyone know if it's likely?[/QUOTE]

"Cannibalizing sales," that is the phrase ... nah, I've done that before ^^. I believe the DLC weapons/items you got from Mass Effect 2 does transfer over to 3. The ME2 DLC has been on sale multiple time (aside from The Arrival, i think) before. I would guess they may see another sale down the line again, but not in the immediate future due to the cannibalizm. Like i mentioned earlier, the sale idea is great but what actually happens often is not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back