XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']This. I noticed you also have a PSN account listed. It will be $15 on PSN, $10.49 PS+ price next week. So get it over there if you're ok with playing it on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

My PS3 hard drive is out of space. I've been meaning to upgrade to a bigger one so maybe it's time I do that too...

[quote name='harry hood']Someone sell me on the DS2 Severed DLC. 280 points might be right considering it's short.[/QUOTE]
Its a short and worthless cash grab that adds nothing to the game. Save your points

[quote name='KtMack23']Its a short and worthless cash grab that adds nothing to the game. Save your points[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't think you did a very good job "selling him" on it.

Yeah don't buy it. I bought it and beat it in under 30 mins it adds nothing to the story and you're just back tracking through the same areas as DS2

Damn. I'm a huge dead space fan, but I suppose I might pass. Reading up a bit on it, it seems short, but very action packed. Not too much horror involved.

I'll just youtube the ending.

how is the online community for NFS:HP? I tried a few games a few weeks ago and it seemed dieing. I was wondering if a purchase of the armed and dangerous pack might go to waste if its a desolate wasteland in there.

I honestly loved Severed... people seem to find something to complain about in everything now-a-days. I paid full price for it, and thought it was well worth it. Then again, I'm a Dead Space nut, and have gotten all of the achievements in both DS1 and DS2 (+ Severed).

I've replayed Severed probably about 3 times or more. So, take that for what it's worth. I don't see how anyone could pass it up for 280, but obviously I guess there are plenty of people (first play took me roughly 2 hours, but I explored a lot).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I honestly loved Severed... people seem to find something to complain about in everything now-a-days. I paid full price for it, and thought it was well worth it. Then again, I'm a Dead Space nut, and have gotten all of the achievements in both DS1 and DS2 (+ Severed).

I've replayed Severed probably about 3 times or more. So, take that for what it's worth. I don't see how anyone could pass it up for 280, but obviously I guess there are plenty of people (first play took me roughly 2 hours, but I explored a lot).[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what are your feelings on Dead Space Ignition?

I just picked up and enjoyed Dead Space Severed, most likely because it ties so heavily into the criminally underappreciated Wii game, Extraction.

Either way, for 280 points it's not a big loss.

I bought Severed when it first released because I was so into DS2 at the time, and I can't say I was disappointed. Played it on the hardest difficulty and it took me around 2 hours to complete. The story is not related to Isaac, but it's still interesting enough if you're a fan of the series. You get a reskinned suit and rifle (don't remember if they transfer back over to the main game) and the twitcher necromorph from DS1 makes a reappearance. Also a relatively easy 250 gamerscore is there to be had. If you're itching for more Dead Space content, it's really not a bad buy.

[quote name='hexa']Just curious, what are your feelings on Dead Space Ignition?[/QUOTE]

Ignition was atrocious. I got it for free, and in some ways I felt robbed. There was only one mini-game I enjoyed in that game, and everything else was asinine and a complete mess. The story was hard to follow, the game dragged on FOREVER, and you only have 3 mini-games, which you rotate in a constant loop for the 2 - 3 hours or so it takes you to beat the game.

I could barely stand it. It's the only Dead Space game I simply refuse to replay to get all the achievements in. I barely even consider it a Dead Space game, because it almost has nothing to do with Dead Space outside of Unitology and Necromorphs.

Severed launches through Dead Space 2, correct? Like, it's an add-on, not stand-alone? I have Dead Space 2 on PC, which didn't get Severed, so I'm just wondering if I can buy and play it without having to re-buy the game.

[quote name='Vegan']Severed launches through Dead Space 2, correct? Like, it's an add-on, not stand-alone? I have Dead Space 2 on PC, which didn't get Severed, so I'm just wondering if I can buy and play it without having to re-buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it launches through the game.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']I thought amy was psn exclusive but either way dont care, day 1 buy :whistle2:D. I have a little pile of points to use anyway[/QUOTE]

It was going to be exclusive at one point, but that game looks it cost a bit to make and I bet they realized they weren't going to make their money back on PSN. PSN users still get an exclusive price. It's $12.99 for them. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Aces of the Galaxy - Like someone else said, it has a Star Fox 64 feel to it. I'm gonna pass on this one at 400.

Switchball - A slower, poorer controlling version of Marble Blast Ultra, and you can't jump. I'm passing at 400.[/QUOTE]

I really liked both of these for what it's worth. I also like both Switchball and Marble Blast Ultra, but to me they're very different. Swtichball is all about physics, where Marble Blast is all about navigation.

[quote name='Slermy']I really liked both of these for what it's worth. I also like both Switchball and Marble Blast Ultra, but to me they're very different. Swtichball is all about physics, where Marble Blast is all about navigation.[/QUOTE]

Switchball only had 3 levels in the demo, so it's probably not super reflective of the full game. And I can see that, Switchball being more about physics than navagation. You can't let yourself get out of control, you have to stay in control the whole time.

It's not for me, but I'm sure there are plenty of others who like it.

[quote name='ooga']Is BFBC2:Vietnam really only 1.06MB? That's fucked up![/QUOTE]

You get it in one of the multiplayer updates, it's not on the disk don't worry ;)

[quote name='ooga']Is BFBC2:Vietnam really only 1.06MB? That's fucked up![/QUOTE]

It prompts you to update the game when you put the disc in which should be a couple of gigs.

[quote name='Luxuria']It prompts you to update the game when you put the disc in which should be a couple of gigs.[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed the game off of Games on Demand. No disc to fool around with.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']Tetris Splash dropped to 400 points, don't know if anyone noticed[/QUOTE]

On a Friday? Could this be a rare glitch?

huh thats weird, i could have sworn i checked it just recently and it was 800, lol oh well i just happened to look today and i got it, i had been waiting for it to drop forever

Thanks OP got Deathspank, demo seemed a lot of fun and me staying up until 5am when i had to work the next day confirmed that l:lol:
Too bad the second game isn't on sale.

[quote name='the Gooseler']Thanks OP got Deathspank, demo seemed a lot of fun and me staying up until 5am when i had to work the next day confirmed that l:lol:
Too bad the second game isn't on sale.[/QUOTE]

the first game is much much better than the 2nd (or maybe i just had enough deathspank after the first...) but i played and loved the first, and sequel got boring to me after about an hour. i'd recommend skipping it and just playing/enjoying the original.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the first game is much much better than the 2nd (or maybe i just had enough deathspank after the first...) but i played and loved the first, and sequel got boring to me after about an hour. i'd recommend skipping it and just playing/enjoying the original.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's much difference in quality between the 1st and 2nd games. I would think it was just burnout, as 2 is just more of Deathspank 1.

I'm halfway through 3 and still really enjoying it (though I did take an extended break between 2 and 3).

I'd love to see the Alien Breed games go on sale. I missed out on last years deal, and had hoped they would bring the trilogy to retail in the US, but they've only released a disc based trilogy overseas. That stinks.

I had quite a bit of fun with the BurnOut Crash demo after getting used to it. 400 seems like an excellent price. I think that's it for me this week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think there's much difference in quality between the 1st and 2nd games. I would think it was just burnout, as 2 is just more of Deathspank 1.

I'm halfway through 3 and still really enjoying it (though I did take an extended break between 2 and 3).[/QUOTE]

wait there's a 3rd one now??

I played all the deathspanks. I thought the second was best. It solves a lot of the problems with the first. The third fixes more, like auto equips best gear and doesn't let you sell the best stuff since it should be equipped. Its not always 100% accurate and money in the third is almost useless compared to the other two.

Pretty much the second deathspank is the longest, the best story that actually has a point, and is the most fun.

[quote name='Blaster man']I played all the deathspanks. I thought the second was best. It solves a lot of the problems with the first. The third fixes more, like auto equips best gear and doesn't let you sell the best stuff since it should be equipped. Its not always 100% accurate and money in the third is almost useless compared to the other two.

Pretty much the second deathspank is the longest, the best story that actually has a point, and is the most fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the third one now. I'm finding it a little bit more difficult (on normal difficulty) and that has been kind of nice. I still think 1 is my favorite, just because it has the benefit of being the original.

I have a question for someone who has all the NFS:HP DLC. I bought the game itself from Games of Demand and all the DLC at the same time. when I checked my download queue I only saw 2 DLC packs waiting to be downloaded instead of 4. I tried to re-download the two other DLC again and I'm not sure it worked. On the start screen I see options for 3 packs (Sports, Lamborghini, and Porsche). My question is, for those who bought the armed and dangerous pack, do you see an option to select it on the main screen or is it integrated into the game without having an option of it's own.
Also, if you go to your storage device, what do you see? I see the game and packs 1.1 & 1.2. Am I missing something?

[quote name='ooga']I have a question for someone who has all the NFS:HP DLC. I bought the game itself from Games of Demand and all the DLC at the same time. when I checked my download queue I only saw 2 DLC packs waiting to be downloaded instead of 4. I tried to re-download the two other DLC again and I'm not sure it worked. On the start screen I see options for 3 packs (Sports, Lamborghini, and Porsche). My question is, for those who bought the armed and dangerous pack, do you see an option to select it on the main screen or is it integrated into the game without having an option of it's own.
Also, if you go to your storage device, what do you see? I see the game and packs 1.1 & 1.2. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Armed & Dangerous is multiplayer only, so it's not going to show anything on the singleplayer portion. Those other files are updates, not DLC.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Armed & Dangerous is multiplayer only, so it's not going to show anything on the singleplayer portion. Those other files are updates, not DLC.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I see. Where does the DLC get downloaded to then? Those files were about the right size ~260 MB.

Also, I've been curious for a while. What is that in your avatar picture? Fetus?

Question -

I'm bored, is there any way to go through my full xbox live purchase history and see how much I paid for each game I bought? It's been just over 2 years since I bought something on the marketplace, is this info available somewhere?

EDIT: I've found my full download history, but without prices. And then my download history within the last year with prices, but that's it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question -

I'm bored, is there any way to go through my full xbox live purchase history and see how much I paid for each game I bought? It's been just over 2 years since I bought something on the marketplace, is this info available somewhere?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no there isn't. The billing.microsoft.com site only goes back a handful of months. Just about the only thing you can do is go through the list and try to match it up with a sale via xbldb.com

[quote name='vamn']Unfortunately, no there isn't. The billing.microsoft.com site only goes back a handful of months. Just about the only thing you can to is go through the list and try to match it up with a sale via xbldb.com[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's what I thought, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone knew something I didn't. Thanks.

I was trying to figure out why I bought all the ME2 dlc (except Arrival) without having played the game yet. But it's cuz they all dropped to 200 points during the holiday sales last year. I didn't realize they dropped so low, I must have justified that for $2.50 each, I couldn't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back