XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']I have to agree with you on this one. Waffles are so much better than pancakes, it's not even fair to compare the two![/QUOTE]

+1 for waffles > pancakes

[quote name='wEEman33']I liked the Braid demo a lot, but when I bought the full game I was disappointed.

The art and music were the only parts of Braid I enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

Why were you disappointed?

Also, what's up with DotW not posting? I mean, nobody cares about the GTA IV deals, but it needs to post.

Maybe they think it's Monday at MS. Or they're buried by snow.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I'm not familiar with this site, so I'm not vouching for it's accuracy, but it does say you have to complete the demo to unlock the Mass Effect 3 gun. "Complete" is different from "beat" though.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/kingdo...ets-you-items-in-mass-effect-3-and-vice-versa[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna be content with just unlocking the ME3 armor for starting the demo, because that game was seriously channeling Fable III and made me want to punch the power button on my 360.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, what's up with DotW not posting? I mean, nobody cares about the GTA IV deals, but it needs to post.

Maybe they think it's Monday at MS. Or they're buried by snow.[/QUOTE]

on the dashboard and on xbox.com the DotW hasn't updated.

[quote name='wEEman33']I liked the Braid demo a lot, but when I bought the full game I was disappointed.

The art and music were the only parts of Braid I enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

You won't find a lot of people who agree with you on this in the gaming world for some reason. But I'm totally with you. I bought it cheap after the demo but the full game was just something I didn't enjoy at all. The mechanics and puzzles just weren't for me.

[quote name='biledriver']You won't find a lot of people who agree with you on this in the gaming world for some reason. But I'm totally with you. I bought it cheap after the demo but the full game was just something I didn't enjoy at all. The mechanics and puzzles just weren't for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm a puzzle game fanatic, and Braid is my favorite of the XBLA offerings. But it's totally understandable that non-puzzle game guys wouldn't enjoy it. I have a few gamer friends, but not 1 of them would play Braid voluntarily.

[quote name='louiedog']xbldb.com just showed Blacklight: Tango Down dropping from 800 to 400. I'm guessing this is a price drop. There is a free-to-play sequel coming out on the PC soon and I doubt this one will be supported anymore. I doubt the community is very active anymore either. I'd skip it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, maybe they'll be more (better) phantom price drops.

Is blacklight tango down a good game? I dl the demo but it won't let me play. Says my time has expired. Anyone's opinions? Yay or nay

[quote name='Bradisback']Is blacklight tango down a good game? I dl the demo but it won't let me play. Says my time has expired. Anyone's opinions? Yay or nay[/QUOTE]

No. One of my biggest day one regrets. Avoid at any price

I actually enjoyed my time with Blacklight. I didn't have any MW-type games at the time and it scratched that itch. I got it for free so I was only spending time on it. That may have something to do with it.

It definitely has issues. One team will often get to the point where they've got the other pinned down in their spawn area for the remainder of the game. That's not so fun for that team. That got worse and worse over the few weeks that I played it. The last time I tried playing which was many months ago there didn't seem to be a lot of players.

Good, bad, it doesn't matter. Without a strong community now and the upcoming free to play sequel possibly stealing what's left I don't think it's worth getting into at any price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Interesting, maybe they'll be more (better) phantom price drops.[/QUOTE]

I've started tracking these "hidden" price drops that are never reported in the dash. Here is an example:
http://xbldb.com/deals/recently-reduced-2011-11

I'm still struggling with how to get the word out on these and when to mark them as price drops.

[quote name='reddjoey']Two things:

Swarm isn't available for purchase from Xbox.com.

Just making notes, as news is kinda slow.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, probably delisted? For Outrun, which is gone also only the trial is still available.

XBLA games for release today:

Haunt and Scarygirl, 800MSP each.
Doom is back on XLBA at 400MSP after being delisted a while ago. I guess they replaced the Activision logos with Bethesda ones and were good to go ;) Glad to have it back on the market.

[quote name='Gnort']XBLA games for release today:

Doom is back on XLBA at 400MSP after being delisted a while ago. I guess they replaced the Activision logos with Bethesda ones and were good to go ;) Glad to have it back on the market.[/QUOTE]

Is Doom available on xbox.com? Can't find it. :S

btw Will give a try to Scarygirl today. If is any good will buy it. 800MSP is the right price for new XBLA's.

EDIT: Ok, just checked through xbox and Doom is not available. Only Doon II for 800MSP, plus that new game Scarygirl cost 1200MSP. Good luck to them selling more than 1k copies at that price. -_-

[quote name='Sath666']Is Doom available on xbox.com? Can't find it. :S

btw Will give a try to Scarygirl today. If is any good will buy it. 800MSP is the right price for new XBLA's.

EDIT: Ok, just checked through xbox and Doom is not available. Only Doon II for 800MSP, plus that new game Scarygirl cost 1200MSP. Good luck to them selling more than 1k copies at that price. -_-[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, looks like I was spreading misinformation :(

I got the info from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10574-This-Week-on-Xbox-Live-[XBLA-and-DotW].html and didn't check it. Humble apologies.

Haunt and Scarygirl
[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I've been waiting for a kinect game to pick up. I will buy haunt later today.
I like the art style of scarygirl. I'll wait for a couple of positive reviews before picking it up.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I'm gonna be content with just unlocking the ME3 armor for starting the demo, because that game was seriously channeling Fable III and made me want to punch the power button on my 360.[/QUOTE]

That is one of the most scathing phrases I have read for an assessment of a game (demo) on this thread, ouch and bravo! (I refer to the latter portion, because I have not played Fable 3 and the previous two are on my backlog).

Doom is back on XLBA at 400MSP after being delisted a while ago. I guess they replaced the Activision logos with Bethesda ones and were good to go ;) Glad to have it back on the market.[/QUOTE]

The term "scarrygirl" makes me think of Gaz of Zim fame (I'm old), which was my favorite character in that series. So now whatever my first impressions of this game called Scarrygirl are already tainted, it will have a lot to live up to. =P

I guess I was wrong in my earlier guess the GTA sales will coincide with the House Party promotion. So let me revise my prediction:

While I have a passing interest in the House Party games, most have this "will debut at 1200MSP" vibe to them, meaning I will likely wait. I figured DotW may suffer durring promotions like this (House Party, Block Party, Summer of Arcade, Game Feast, etc.). Since the GTA sale coincides with House Party, let me try to guess the other 4 sales: Ass Cred 2: Creed Harder DLC sale, Fallout 3 DLC sale, Halo 3 DLC sale, and Borderlands DLC sale ... I set the bar low, now it will all be surprisingly better ^^

Invader zim was great, I thought the same thing. Amalar was pretty meh, from the demo feels pretty standard, you must play for 15 min, then it starts te 40 min timer. Then it'll give you a notice when 20 min are left then it will say you unlocked shit and you can quit. Good names behind the ip, but I wasn't too impressed

I've been playing Choplifter HD for a review, and let me tell you, the OXM review was way off. It's a terrific game and an especially good update/sequel to the original. The production values really are higher than most XBLA games and the game feels massive. 1200 MS Points is a lot, but not really a rip-off in this case (and a sale would make it a must-buy IMO).

I guess I'm in the minority with Kingdoms of Amalur. I really enjoyed the demo. It's obviously not the deepest RPG available, unless there's a lot more to be revealed, but the combat was simple to pick up and felt satisfying in a way the Fable games never managed for me. The demo took me from "intrigued" to "want."

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I guess I'm in the minority with Kingdoms of Amalur. I really enjoyed the demo. It's obviously not the deepest RPG available, unless there's a lot more to be revealed, but the combat was simple to pick up and felt satisfying in a way the Fable games never managed for me. The demo took me from "intrigued" to "want."[/QUOTE]

Actually youre in the majority on this. The demo took the game from a little known new ip to a potential sleeper hit. Impressions all over are pretty positive all around. Skyrim fanboys are hating of course but most people are really enjoying the demo.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I guess I'm in the minority with Kingdoms of Amalur. I really enjoyed the demo. It's obviously not the deepest RPG available, unless there's a lot more to be revealed, but the combat was simple to pick up and felt satisfying in a way the Fable games never managed for me. The demo took me from "intrigued" to "want."[/QUOTE]

I can see how people like it, but i cancelled my pre-order after playing the demo. I'll give it a shot when it gets to around $20-ish. It basically felt like a smoother playing Fable 3, and thats not exactly a day one buy for me.

Major Nelson originally had Scarygirl listed for 800 as well, but that has been bumped up to 1200 on his site too. I assume it will tank at 1200, as well it should.

I wish I liked Kingdoms of Amalur as I was actually trying to talk myself into picking it up with that Newegg coupon, but I found myself so bored with it after the intro that I just layed the controller down unpaused to run out the last 20 mins of the demo and walked into the other room to take a nap, all just so I could unlock the ME3 item and delete it from my HD.

Wish I liked it more, but it felt like more of a budget type game to me and not something that EA puts it stamp on...guess I'm probably the minority of people that got bored of Skyrim and didn't like this either

Can't wait for Mass Effect 3 though!

[quote name='mnuttster']I wish I liked Kingdoms of Amalur as I was actually trying to talk myself into picking it up with that Newegg coupon, but I found myself so bored with it after the intro that I just layed the controller down unpaused to run out the last 20 mins of the demo and walked into the other room to take a nap, all just so I could unlock the ME3 item and delete it from my HD.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts! It was chore to play and everything feels like a bit better version of Fable 3, which bored me to death as well (loved Fable 1 btw).
I love more rewarding games like Dark Souls, so maybe that's the reason i got bored with these casual rpg's. :)

[quote name='Althax']Actually youre in the majority on this. The demo took the game from a little known new ip to a potential sleeper hit. Impressions all over are pretty positive all around. Skyrim fanboys are hating of course but most people are really enjoying the demo.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just in the minority here, then. I'll have to start checking gaming news sites to try to make myself feel better about my opinion.

We really have become spoiled. Calling Amalur a budget game is only proof of this. I just finished RAGE last night and now I am so disappointed it most likely won't get a sequel because we do not give new ip a chance anymore. The ending was meh but that is easily the best looking and smoothest FPS I have ever played on the xbox. It really is an amazing game from a technical standpoint and they story was building to potentially something great. I fear Amalur will end the same. It was also not a cheap game and will need better than Rage like sales numbers or else it is gone.

[quote name='cancerman1120']We really have become spoiled. Calling Amalur a budget game is only proof of this. I just finished RAGE last night and now I am so disappointed it most likely won't get a sequel because we do not give new ip a chance anymore. The ending was meh but that is easily the best looking and smoothest FPS I have ever played on the xbox. It really is an amazing game from a technical standpoint and they story was building to potentially something great. I fear Amalur will end the same. It was also not a cheap game and will need better than Rage like sales numbers or else it is gone.[/QUOTE]

I know, I felt horrible saying it, but it was the best way to describe how I felt...it was the same feeling when I played Two Worlds a few years back and how disappointed I was by that.

The 10,000 year backstory and character design are cool, it just was more of a chore to finish the demo than anything :drool:

[quote name='mnuttster']I know, I felt horrible saying it, but it was the best way to describe how I felt...it was the same feeling when I played Two Worlds a few years back and how disappointed I was by that.

The 10,000 year backstory and character design are cool, it just was more of a chore to finish the demo than anything :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did not mean to point a you directly but I understand that for $60 a game better make you feel like you are getting your moneys worth. I bought Rage at retail the day the game released but sat on it because of middling reviews. Sometimes I wish I could take a game like that back 10 years and blow my mind...nowadays we just have so much to choose from that new ip has a hard time to take hold. Oh well I hope the full version offers a lot more and it reviews well. I would be nice for 38 studios to be around to make another game.

I think Assassins Creed is a great example of what can happen when a new ip sells well. The 1st game was pretty meh but success lead to sequels that turned out to be awesome.

It looks like that earlier info was correct. Doom is back on the marketplace today for 400 msp. I guess it just hadn't shown up yet and there's no trial version so maybe it takes a bit to roll this out.

link

If someone here is interested in swapping their 1600 MSP code for 20 X 100 MSP codes please let me know. Or if you have 400 MSP codes I am prepared to offer you 6 X 100 codes for each one.

As to why: I am trying to make a trade with someone and he requires the points to be in 400 denominations at minimum so I have to convert my points this way. I am trying to get a combination of 2400 MSP. :)

Thanks

Update: Sorry guys. I am out of MSPs. I really appreciate all the trade offers.

[quote name='louiedog']It looks like that earlier info was correct. Doom is back on the marketplace today for 400 msp. I guess it just hadn't shown up yet and there's no trial version so maybe it takes a bit to roll this out.

link[/QUOTE]

Came here to post that before class. Thanks

Doom's back, that's cool.

What's up with Swarm? It's a Hothead game, they do lots of XBLA games so not sure why they would pull this one. It really flew under the radar, but I really enjoyed it. 100%'d it on PSN.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Doom's back, that's cool.

What's up with Swarm? It's a Hothead game, they do lots of XBLA games so not sure why they would pull this one. It really flew under the radar, but I really enjoyed it. 100%'d it on PSN.[/QUOTE]

The decision to pull it was more likely Ignition's. They published it. Of course they have a bunch of other games on the service like Mercury Hg and Blacklight: Tango Down which dropped in price last night. I heard that Swarm sold terribly so it could just be an accounting thing where it's cheaper to not deal with it than process a couple of sales per month.

[quote name='eastx']I've been playing Choplifter HD for a review, and let me tell you, the OXM review was way off. It's a terrific game and an especially good update/sequel to the original. The production values really are higher than most XBLA games and the game feels massive. 1200 MS Points is a lot, but not really a rip-off in this case (and a sale would make it a must-buy IMO).[/QUOTE]

I'm excited to hear you say that. I saw that review and thought that it might just be a game that didn't appeal to the reviewer rather than an objectively bad game. I'd be interested in trying it, and I know you liked Renegade Ops, so you get 100 cool points in my book.

Btw, have you ever played a PS2 game called Disaster Report or its sequel Raw Danger? If so, what did you think of them?

[quote name='louiedog']It looks like that earlier info was correct. Doom is back on the marketplace today for 400 msp. I guess it just hadn't shown up yet and there's no trial version so maybe it takes a bit to roll this out.

link[/QUOTE]

Anyone able to download this yet? I got a error - ''Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.''

btw Swarm is back on xbox.com. A World of Keflings still missing.

[quote name='whitereflection']I'm excited to hear you say that. I saw that review and thought that it might just be a game that didn't appeal to the reviewer rather than an objectively bad game. I'd be interested in trying it, and I know you liked Renegade Ops, so you get 100 cool points in my book.

Btw, have you ever played a PS2 game called Disaster Report or its sequel Raw Danger? If so, what did you think of them?[/QUOTE]

Choplifter versus Renegade Ops is an interesting comparison. Choplifter lacks multiplayer, which really would have broadened its appeal. Graphically the games show a similar level of polish. Choplifter has all sorts of voice samples during gameplay; they are well-acted and subtitled on-screen. The whole thing has a nice sense of humor, and it's not the so-bad-it's-kinda-funny thing that Renegade Ops did.

There are tons of levels which are generally nice and short. On each one you're awarded a star ranking based on factors like time, hostages rescued, hostages killed, and enemies killed. (Speaking of hostages killed, you can kill people with the chopper blades which is hilarious.) The rating system gives it lots of replay value as reaching star milestones unlocks better choppers. I still need to play a lot more to pass final judgment, but it's clear that anyone who likes the original Choplifter will enjoy Choplifter HD's faithful gameplay and new features.

I never played the Disaster Report games as I kind of missed out on the Playstation 2 and skipped to GameCube and Xbox 1 during that era. But they did look like a lot of fun and it's a shame the dev has discontinued the series.

[quote name='cancerman1120']We really have become spoiled. Calling Amalur a budget game is only proof of this. I just finished RAGE last night and now I am so disappointed it most likely won't get a sequel because we do not give new ip a chance anymore. The ending was meh but that is easily the best looking and smoothest FPS I have ever played on the xbox. It really is an amazing game from a technical standpoint and they story was building to potentially something great. I fear Amalur will end the same. It was also not a cheap game and will need better than Rage like sales numbers or else it is gone.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what being "spoiled" has to do with anything? I haven't been through the whole demo but Amalur is definitely on the buggy side which is perhaps why some may think of it as a budget game (which it isn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back