XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Doom's back, that's cool.

What's up with Swarm? It's a Hothead game, they do lots of XBLA games so not sure why they would pull this one. It really flew under the radar, but I really enjoyed it. 100%'d it on PSN.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a lot of discussion lately on delisted items. Is this something the community is interested in?

I have a delisted feed page:
http://xbldb.com/offer-history/delisted

The issue with that page is that is only updated once a week, Saturday afternoon, and I only mark an offer as delisted if the scanner has not found it for over a week.

Should I increase the rate of delisting, 2-3 times a week and decrease the no found in scan time from 7 days to 4 or 3 days?

[quote name='Spylon']I've seen a lot of discussion lately on delisted items. Is this something the community is interested in?

The issue with that page is that is only updated once a week, Saturday afternoon, and I only mark an offer as delisted if the scanner has not found it for over a week.

Should I increase the rate of delisting, 2-3 times a week and decrease the no found in scan time from 7 days to 4 or 3 days?[/QUOTE]

I think it's probably fine the way it is. There's usually no warning when an item comes down and once it does there's really nothing you can do about it. It's really only interesting as historical data so it's not necessary to be very quick with it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I did not mean to point a you directly but I understand that for $60 a game better make you feel like you are getting your moneys worth. I bought Rage at retail the day the game released but sat on it because of middling reviews. Sometimes I wish I could take a game like that back 10 years and blow my mind...nowadays we just have so much to choose from that new ip has a hard time to take hold. Oh well I hope the full version offers a lot more and it reviews well. I would be nice for 38 studios to be around to make another game.

I think Assassins Creed is a great example of what can happen when a new ip sells well. The 1st game was pretty meh but success lead to sequels that turned out to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Oh totally, I didn't take it that way, I just really wanted to enjoy it because all the right pieces are there for it to be a solid game and I'm sure that from the reactions on the board/from IGN and Kotaku, it looks like there are a lot of backers that will lead to some decent sales if the finished product ends up smoothing out some of the demo issues.

I too would love for some of these original RPG IP's to hit it big because they can only make so many Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy or Fallout games before they get old...bring back the days of Parasite Eve/Dino Crisis/Grandia/Suikoden/Any Squaresoft game except Tobal No. 1!

[quote name='eastx']I never played the Disaster Report games as I kind of missed out on the Playstation 2 and skipped to GameCube and Xbox 1 during that era. But they did look like a lot of fun and it's a shame the dev has discontinued the series.[/QUOTE]

I asked because the third game in the series, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (for PSP and not released outside of Japan) actually has co-op - 4-player, in fact - and looks like fun. The fourth game was supposed to be the series' debut on PS3 and looked great, but was canceled supposedly because of the earthquake in Japan last year. Now a game that originally had a similar premise and slated for an XBLA release this spring, I Am Alive, was recently revamped and looks like a generic action title.

[quote name='Sath666']Anyone able to download this yet? I got a error - ''Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.''

btw Swarm is back on xbox.com. A World of Keflings still missing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're just updating files or something. Keflings will obviously be back on the market soon.

[quote name='Spylon']I've seen a lot of discussion lately on delisted items. Is this something the community is interested in?

Should I increase the rate of delisting, 2-3 times a week and decrease the no found in scan time from 7 days to 4 or 3 days?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']I think it's probably fine the way it is. There's usually no warning when an item comes down and once it does there's really nothing you can do about it. It's really only interesting as historical data so it's not necessary to be very quick with it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I guess I never thought to click on Delisted on the site, but it's cool that it's there. I don't think it needs to run more than once a week, cuz once it's gone we're all S.O.L. anyway.

I can't believe I missed that Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader theme though! Damn!

Wow, the Santa Gears armor was delisted along with the guns? I'm kinda glad I bought it now. I wonder if they'll list it again next December.

[quote name='whitereflection']I asked because the third game in the series, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 (for PSP and not released outside of Japan) actually has co-op - 4-player, in fact - and looks like fun. The fourth game was supposed to be the series' debut on PS3 and looked great, but was canceled supposedly because of the earthquake in Japan last year. Now a game that originally had a similar premise and slated for an XBLA release this spring, I Am Alive, was recently revamped and looks like a generic action title.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I added it to the Co-Optimus database. I'm actually starting a monthly import column on the site; my first article will cover Onechanbara Z: Kagura, which comes out tomorrow and hasn't been announced for a US release. I'm excited about having my own column, though it will probably be a challenge to find games to discuss at times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Cool, I guess I never thought to click on Delisted on the site, but it's cool that it's there. I don't think it needs to run more than once a week, cuz once it's gone we're all S.O.L. anyway.

I can't believe I missed that Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader theme though! Damn![/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'll just keep it as is. One note, the delisted value is in this format:
0 => 2011-12-05 12:25:51

2011-12-05 12:25:51 would be the last time it was found in a scan.

[quote name='Zazie']is anyone else looking forward to this?[/QUOTE]
Dungeon Fighter didn't hold my interest much as a free MMO. I'd be surprised if this could work for me.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Is Blacklight:Tango Down worth 400 ms points because i played the demo and its pretty good but i dont know if the community is still playing this[/QUOTE]

The consensus from a couple of pages back seemed to be "no".

Played the Amalur demo. I liked what I saw up until it completely glitched out on me. Down in a cavern and I perform the fate special move and bam...I am in like safe mode. All I can see it a night sky above me and a dark endless floor below me. I could still move in the cavern and I could hear everything but I could not leave through the door and kept getting shot by a phantom arrow. Anyway, I liked it but I will buy it at maybe $40...I will buy it new though just so the developer gets the support.

Define: Bored

I went through all the XBLA games from 2011. Of the 93 released, 42 have yet to be on sale (includes 19 from Oct/Nov/Dec).

The newest release to go on sale was Dungeon Defenders, the oldest release of 2011 yet to have a sale was (gak!) Breach, from January.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Played the Amalur demo. I liked what I saw up until it completely glitched out on me. Down in a cavern and I perform the fate special move and bam...I am in like safe mode. All I can see it a night sky above me and a dark endless floor below me. I could still move in the cavern and I could hear everything but I could not leave through the door and kept getting shot by a phantom arrow. Anyway, I liked it but I will buy it at maybe $40...I will buy it new though just so the developer gets the support.[/QUOTE]

Some dev on their official forums claimed that the demo code is 3 months behind the code being printed to disc. He easily owned up to the demo being way, way, way buggier than they had wanted, but that they had to push it out. It actually seemed pretty fun to me, and it may be a must-buy if they have the horrendous audio and freezing issues ironed out.

I'd love a release date on the Simpsons. Looking forward to that one.

I tried Haunt last night. Its okay I suppose, but walking in place sucked and its a spooky game soI playing with the lights on because of the kinect takes away from the game. Should've been a controller game if you ask me. And that's coming from a kinect fan.

Can't try the amaluer demo because under age accounts can't demo mature rated games even if they can buy and play them. I love Microsoft, don't you?

[quote name='KtMack23']Can't try the amaluer demo because under age accounts can't demo mature rated games even if they can buy and play them. I love Microsoft, don't you?[/QUOTE]

Please don't troll this thread with that.

[quote name='Zazie']is anyone else looking forward to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poRfQ1iX3IA[/QUOTE]

I have mentioned I was a bit earlier on this thread. I know it was/is a free Korean MMO, grindy aspects and all in the framework of a brawler. Given my love for (properly made, unlike the one released 4 summers ago) brawlers, along with the artstyle, this has potential for me. However I am not too sure about the grindy aspects, while I do not mind them sometimes, in my old age, I fear I may lack the time to do so (and I am not one to pay for a speedier experience, ala XBLA NBA Jam "time is money" or other unlock DLC for games).

Also, I may need new co-op partners if/when I choose to get this. I may have to hit EastX's site for that when the time comes. There, happy I got your name right this time, EastX? ^^

[quote name='tylerh1701']Define: Bored

I went through all the XBLA games from 2011. Of the 93 released, 42 have yet to be on sale (includes 19 from Oct/Nov/Dec).

The newest release to go on sale was Dungeon Defenders, the oldest release of 2011 yet to have a sale was (gak!) Breach, from January.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the random stat. It adds to the history I can base my predictions on holding out on a sale for some XBLA titles. Sure I never can tell, but it is something that helps in my purchasing decisions.

[quote name='Zazie']is anyone else looking forward to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poRfQ1iX3IA[/QUOTE]

Yes, i am so hyped for this. I loved the game, but i just hate Nexon in general (Game was awesome until the cash shop released, then everything just got annoying).

Though, the trailer is making me a bit worried. Looks like its only the Warrior, Fighter, and Gunner? Why no Mage or Priest, they were both launch day classes too. (Didnt expect the Thief or Female Gunner though)

Actually....i'd bet money that Nexon adds them as DLC later

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Is Blacklight:Tango Down worth 400 ms points because i played the demo and its pretty good but i dont know if the community is still playing this[/QUOTE]

I would get this if I knew enough people were playing or not. I played the demo awhile back and liked it, but didn't have the points at the time. Now that it's only 400, it's a shame no one probably plays. That's what I hate about multiplayer only games. The community dies, and you have a worthless piece of junk on your hands.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that Scarygirl is 1200 (but kinda suprised it's not 1600), since it is being published by Square Enix. They have no concept of "reasonable pricing". I mean, check out their iOS stuff - $16 for an iPhone game, really guys??? /rant

On another note, now that Doom is re-listed, I'm holding out hope for Gauntlet... or Lost Cities.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']] Its a spooky game so I was playing with the lights on because of the kinect takes away from the game.[/QUOTE]

You know, I never thought about that. The concept that you can't play Kinect games in the dark (at least with this gen) so it does take something away from a Kinect version of say, Dead Space, or something.

[quote name='Felder71']You know, I never thought about that. The concept that you can't play Kinect games in the dark (at least with this gen) so it does take something away from a Kinect version of say, Dead Space, or something.[/QUOTE]

You can play in the dark with kinect. The lights are only needed for facial recognition. Kinect uses infrared light to detect you.

[quote name='Felder71']You know, I never thought about that. The concept that you can't play Kinect games in the dark (at least with this gen) so it does take something away from a Kinect version of say, Dead Space, or something.[/QUOTE]

That's good news then!

[quote name='Spylon']You can play in the dark with kinect. The lights are only needed for facial recognition. Kinect uses infrared light to detect you.[/QUOTE]

My bad then. I guess that's good news though.

I don't know if it is because I've been doing a good job of holding off on a purchase unless I really want it, or if it has been the sales, but it feels like I haven't really bought anything on Xbox Live in some time.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I don't know if it is because I've been doing a good job of holding off on a purchase unless I really want it, or if it has been the sales, but it feels like I haven't really bought anything on Xbox Live in some time.[/QUOTE]

It's the sales. The EA sale was filled with repeat content, there was a Dance Central week, a Hasbro Board Games week, GTA content week, and the one-day holiday sales were very DLC, Kinect, and Fighting game heavy. (To be fair, the 2 week holiday sale was very good!)

I feel the same way you do, because I stockpiled about 4800MSP for the holidays (then got a 1600 point card for Christmas) and I've still got about 5300 MSP left.

I've only purchased Sonic 4 and Orcs Must Die in the last 30 days. Which is still better than the drudgery of deals during Summer of Arcade.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Shank 2 coming February 8 to XBLA, at the shockingly reasonable price of 800msp.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/shank-2-cuts-in-on-february-7-in-north-america-february-8-in-eu/

Nice to see a company realize how much more bearable the 800msp pricepoint is than the 1200msp one.[/QUOTE]

Now I feel better about buying Shank 1 for 600msp. It seems like my hold out paid off with a cheaper sequel. Course now that possibly means a 400msp sale around the release of the sequel.

I know this is a stupid, stupid (read: stupid) question, but:

Is there any way to make your Xbox avatar pose in different ways for your gamertag other than using Xbox.com? After having my account hacked last week and many internet theories pointing to security flaws with Xbox.com, I don't plan to use the website anymore.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I know this is a stupid, stupid (read: stupid) question, but:

Is there any way to make your Xbox avatar pose in different ways for your gamertag other than using Xbox.com? After having my account hacked last week and many internet theories pointing to security flaws with Xbox.com, I don't plan to use the website anymore.[/QUOTE]

The security flaw with xbox.com is with the way it handles repeated incorrect passwords, you're not at any risk from visiting the site.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There was trolling?[/QUOTE]

I guess. Looks like some posts from earlier are gone, so I assume there had to be some or some kind of argument.

I added the Double Fine Kinect "game" to the OP that will be out 2/1/2012. Just watched a Quick Look of it... hilarious.

[quote name='reddjoey']I guess. Looks like some posts from earlier are gone, so I assume there had to be some or some kind of argument.

I added the Double Fine Kinect "game" to the OP that will be out 2/1/2012. Just watched a Quick Look of it... hilarious.[/QUOTE]

We were fighting over who loves you the most. I won.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']The security flaw with xbox.com is with the way it handles repeated incorrect passwords, you're not at any risk from visiting the site.[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on this? I visit the site all the time and now you've got me paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back