XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']what are the chances NFL Blitz is DotW this week or next? with the super bowl 13 days away I would think its a good candidate.[/QUOTE]
Slim and none.

[quote name='bardockkun']Slim and none.[/QUOTE]

you're probably right. I'll go ahead an buy it. If it does go on sale though I will fall to one knee and scream "BARDOCKKUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']you're probably right. I'll go ahead an buy it. If it does go on sale though I will fall to one knee and scream "BARDOCKKUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/QUOTE]
Or just wait until February JUST incase there's a good XBox Reward promotion so you can at least get some points back. It's better to get at least a bit back.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']you're probably right. I'll go ahead an buy it. If it does go on sale though I will fall to one knee and scream "BARDOCKKUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[/QUOTE]

Or at least wait until tomorrow and see what the sales are going to be for the next two weeks. However, I don't see it happening.

I Think Trials Evolution has never had a date or anything. The developers themselves have taken a "we'll release it when it's ready" approach so anyone's guess is good.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Trials 2, Fez, Retro City Rampage. Sounds like a sweet SoA lineup. However,I don't think trials will slip that far, isn't it almost gold?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cannot wait till Retro City Rampage comes out. I've been eagerly awaiting that one. I know its not XBLA but any retro game players NEED to give them a whirl.

http://abobosbigadventure.com/

[quote name='Rollobobo']Yeah, I cannot wait till Retro City Rampage comes out. I've been eagerly awaiting that one. I know its not XBLA but any retro game players NEED to give them a whirl.

http://abobosbigadventure.com/[/QUOTE]
Abobo, my favorite video game name. Thanks for that, pretty cool looking game.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']what are the chances NFL Blitz is DotW this week or next? with the super bowl 13 days away I would think its a good candidate.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Blitz hasn't even been out for 3 weeks yet so there's no way it's going on sale by the Super Bowl. My guess is it will be at least summer before that happens. On a related note, a good bit of the achievements and unlockables in Blitz are tied to playing online. If you care about that sort of thing, you should probably get it before the community is completely dead.

Anyone have any idea what this weeks sales are going to be? They are usually up by now, or at least some idea of what they are. Is it Puddle and Quarrel, or are those just being released?

[quote name='thefamousmoe']Anyone have any idea what this weeks sales are going to be? They are usually up by now, or at least some idea of what they are. Is it Puddle and Quarrel, or are those just being released?[/QUOTE]

I dont think the sales usually post until around midnight pst, so they're not usually up by now, Spylon's site didn't catch last week's sales until 12:30am.

Puddle and Quarrel are the 2 new releases for the week.

[quote name='Felder71']For all interested, Eurogamer has a fairly positive review of Haunt. It sounds campy and made for kids, but in a fun way, and definitely easy, but might be worth the asking price of 800 points. Probably a must buy on sale. Definitely sounds like a different way to do some Kinect stuff though.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-23-haunt-review[/QUOTE]

Does anybody have contact info for the game's developer? I wanted to review Haunt myself, but Microsoft themselves don't have codes and I can't reach the dev. That's exactly why there are so few reviews of the game online at the moment.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'll be buying Quarrel tomorrow. That's a really fun game on iOS, but missing online there. XBLA version will have it. It's a mix of a word scramble and Risk.[/QUOTE]

I'm buying it too. Hopefully there's a good online community for the game.

[quote name='prayformojo']Is it just me or have XBLA prices been lower this year? I hope we see a trend moving back away from 1200 as standard. I'd get back to buying stuff at launch vs. waiting for the inevitable sale.[/QUOTE]

Definitely seem lower, but I haven't gone back and checked for an actual pattern. Ms. Splosion man launching at 800 seems to have bucked the trend of 1200 point games at launch.

This could mean less sales though, but I rather pick up a game at launch for 800 than wait for a 1200 point game to drop to 600.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Definitely seem lower, but I haven't gone back and checked for an actual pattern. Ms. Splosion man launching at 800 seems to have bucked the trend of 1200 point games at launch.

This could mean less sales though, but I rather pick up a game at launch for 800 than wait for a 1200 point game to drop to 600.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft will apparently discontinue Points by the end of the year, which is a great thing; no more arbitrary values that you have to mentally convert into currency means people might actually question themselves before buying a $10 downloadable game with 3 stars. If this is true, I expect prices are being set lower now to slowly transition between the MSP and actual currency. Steam routinely offers massive currency discounts on downloads and has been doing so for years, and I hope Microsoft catches up.

[quote name='Blade']Microsoft will apparently discontinue Points by the end of the year, which is a great thing; no more arbitrary values that you have to mentally convert into currency means people might actually question themselves before buying a $10 downloadable game with 3 stars. If this is true, I expect prices are being set lower now to slowly transition between the MSP and actual currency. Steam routinely offers massive currency discounts on downloads and has been doing so for years, and I hope Microsoft catches up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will take pockets full of pennies over odd left over points any day. Maybe MS really is trying to compete with Steam's pricing for the future.

I Still take that as a rumor over them getting rid of points, plus if they do get rid of the points system it might mean less sales on cards. Eitherway until I get confirmation, grain of salt and meh.

I don't think so... seems like a lot of work to change something that isn't losing them money, people might not like points, but it's already an established system, and that would mean phasing out all the current points cards, changing the listings on xbox and xbox.com and just seems like an unnecessary thing to do at this point, people know the value of things by microsoft points by now, i hope..lol

[quote name='Blade']Microsoft will apparently discontinue Points by the end of the year, which is a great thing; no more arbitrary values that you have to mentally convert into currency means people might actually question themselves before buying a $10 downloadable game with 3 stars. If this is true, I expect prices are being set lower now to slowly transition between the MSP and actual currency. Steam routinely offers massive currency discounts on downloads and has been doing so for years, and I hope Microsoft catches up.[/QUOTE]

I hope they don't do that. After my gamertag got hacked, there is just no way i'm going to put cc info there. -_-

[quote name='Sath666']I hope they don't do that. After my gamertag got hacked, there is just no way i'm going to put cc info there. -_-[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they'll still have cards you can redeem like the PSN cards

Deal of the Week...
LA Noire Content (How sad)

Sale Prices - All 50% Off
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Broderick Detective Suit 40
The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit 80
The Sharpshooter Detective Suit 40
“Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case 160
“A Slip Of The Tongue” Traffic Case 160
“Reefer Madness” Vice Case 160
“The Naked City” Vice Case 160

How is that a great thing, you can get deals on points, when was the last time you saw a deal on a $20 bill.

Plus there's no way in hell I'll ever be attaching my CC info to my Live account !!

EDIT - Plus that story you link to is full of crap. It says that all Windows Phone purchses will be moving to real money, when they already are, you've never been able to buy WP7 stuff with points. I'm calling BS on that one.

[quote name='reddjoey']Guys, I have an early start to a full day tomorrow (6am-5pm). The OP won't be updated until late in the evening.[/QUOTE]

I have patience, you do a lot already, so you'll not get any complaints from me. Do what you must do, this is just an internet thread, and is of lower importance than much, although it is a great and well maintained thread.

If this is true, I fear I may be less happy. I actually like purchasing points, primarily because I can avoid the cost of the high tax my state (with its crushing debt) places upon even digital downloads. Also, I find it uncommon for currency cards like PSN to go on a discount opposed to Microsoft Points cards; we all love it when buy.com, Target, Microcenter, etc. offers the cards for less than thier worth, and changing over to a currency may reduce the frequency of seeing these offers. Conversion of Microsoft Points to USD is not difficult, a 2nd grader can do it; however the only challenge I would have in conversion is acquiring foreign Microsoft Points for items exclusive to their marketplaces, and figuring out when the conversion is favorable for USD (I have purchased for a side foreign XBL account before).

[quote name='steveau']Deal of the Week...

“The Naked City” Vice Case 160[/QUOTE]

I think we may have established a pattern here, we may get a Red Dead Redemption DLC sale soon. I wonder if there are Bully: Scholarship Edition DLC or avatar parts to have on a discount too. EDIT: Oh yeah, also maybe some Rockstar Extreme Ping-Pong DLC or avatar parts; because ping-pong is like a fine well-aged prostitue, she has many tricks, and she is cruel: laughs at you when you are naked ...

Moving away from points is definitely a bad thing for the consumer. I have NEVER paid full price for MS Points, and it's usually not even close to the face value.

You'll always be forced to pay full price if they go to real money, which sucks.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Moving away from points is definitely a bad thing for the consumer. I have NEVER paid full price for MS Points, and it's usually not even close to the face value.

You'll always be forced to pay full price if they go to real money, which sucks.[/QUOTE]

And it's even worse for those of us that only have MSP because of Bing rewards. I'd have to give up buying XBLA games and DLC.

[quote name='steveau']Deal of the Week...

“The Naked City” Vice Case 160[/QUOTE]

This is a great week! I don't have to spend a damned thing.

Bastion next week. Repeat sales are lame, I've got a shitton of points to spend. Oh well, guess it gives me a chance to work down my backlog.

Well, LA Noire repeat is a skip for me. Bastion next week is a repeat too(this info is all from Major Nelson btw).

I skipped out on Bastion at 400 points during the holiday sales a month ago due to my cheapass-ery and hoping for better stuff. I've regretted that decision as soon as that leaked list became true. My question is, should I buy Bastion now at 600 or should I wait a few months or so for it to drop to 400? Or do u guys think it'll ever drop to 400 again?

Looks like I will be getting Call of Duty Elite, since I have nothing else to spend my points on.

BTW, the whole discontinuing of M$ points might have something to do with all the account hacking.

[quote name='Dustinator']Well, LA Noire repeat is a skip for me. Bastion next week is a repeat too(this info is all from Major Nelson btw).

I skipped out on Bastion at 400 points during the holiday sales a month ago due to my cheapass-ery and hoping for better stuff. I've regretted that decision as soon as that leaked list became true. My question is, should I buy Bastion now at 600 or should I wait a few months or so for it to drop to 400? Or do u guys think it'll ever drop to 400 again?[/QUOTE]

it wasnt 400

[quote name='Dustinator']Well, LA Noire repeat is a skip for me. Bastion next week is a repeat too(this info is all from Major Nelson btw).

I skipped out on Bastion at 400 points during the holiday sales a month ago due to my cheapass-ery and hoping for better stuff. I've regretted that decision as soon as that leaked list became true. My question is, should I buy Bastion now at 600 or should I wait a few months or so for it to drop to 400? Or do u guys think it'll ever drop to 400 again?[/QUOTE]If it helps, it only dropped to 600 before, not 400. Or else I would have gotten it. I'm waiting for 400 since my backlog is major.

[quote name='drawingboard']Looks like I will be getting Call of Duty Elite, since I have nothing else to spend my points on.

BTW, the whole discontinuing of M$ points might have something to do with all the account hacking.[/QUOTE]

That may have played a roll, but I think MS was already looking to do this so purchasing was more uniform throughout the different mediums: Xbox Live Arcade, WP7 Live games, Windows PC, apps. Just a guess. Since WP7 arcade games you have to use credit card and your points do not work for them, so it only makes sense to have the console and wp7 live the same. Then you can buy a $20 point card in store (hopefully discounted) and use it for Live arcade games/apps/wp7. So, if that is the plan, that is not a bad thing.

They will still have cards they will just not be points. It will probably be like what sony offers, $20 card, etc. I only hope that we can still find discounted cards in stores after the switcheroo. It makes being cheap ever so sweet. Love getting a 20 dollar card for 15 or so and then buying DOTW.

Bastion is a fun game, worth the 600 in my opinion. Not sure if it will drop to 400 anytime soon.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']And it's even worse for those of us that only have MSP because of Bing rewards. I'd have to give up buying XBLA games and DLC.[/QUOTE]

You could just buy cards. They will continue to sell them, even if they're not called MS Points any more.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. If it dropped to 600, that would explain me skipping it since I wanted to get it for 400 points.....will wait for it hit 400. Sometime in November prolly.....

I skipped out on Bastion at 400 points during the holiday sales a month ago due to my cheapass-ery and hoping for better stuff. I've regretted that decision as soon as that leaked list became true. My question is, should I buy Bastion now at 600 or should I wait a few months or so for it to drop to 400? Or do u guys think it'll ever drop to 400 again?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ivegotalobon']it wasnt 400[/QUOTE]

This. It was 600.

iTunes cards sometimes go on sale, and those are in $. I think we'll still get discounts... unless they plan to do away with cards all together, and require a credit card on file and require directly paying for games/content. Now that would suck big time. But I doubt they'd do that. I'm sure there will still be "points" cards, in one form or another. Overall I don't think it's a bad change, mainly because 80 = $1 is completely stupid. This is all *if* they are really going to do this, but I don't doubt it because everybody else has already switched. Even Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back