XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']You should never get them used even if they come with the $10 syrup code. I Thought this was common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']gamestop employees are allowed to rent the new ones, so there's not really a big difference between new and used.[/QUOTE]

I, for once, approve where this is going. :applause:

[quote name='zen15']has there been a sale on the bulletstorm dlc? I've been waiting for a sale on it and hoping there's one soon.[/quote]

from the faq:
8/23 - deal of the week

xbla:
-hydrophobia - 400 microsoft points - 50% off
-red faction: Battlegrounds - 400 microsoft points - 50% off

dlc:
-bulletstorm - gun sonata dlc pack - 400 microsoft points - 50% off
-bulletstorm - blood symphony dlc pack - 400 microsoft points - 50% off
-splinter cell: Conviction - deniable ops: Insurgency - 400 microsoft points - 50% off

[quote name='zen15']Has there been a sale on the bulletstorm dlc? I've been waiting for a sale on it and hoping there's one soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes on 2 map packs, wouldn't bet on it happening again but stuff like that DOES happen so...

IMO, the Bulletstorm dlc isn't worth it. The multiplayer is pretty vanilla. I love the game though. Take that for what it's worth.

Thanks everyone in this thread, I completely forgot to download the demo for Quarrel. For 400 points, I will likely buy it just to support a game for coming out at a reasonable price. I can't believe there is still a game out there that supports the Xbox Vision Camera. Makes me somewhat regret that I sold my camera and You're in the Movies game to a local bookstore. But then again I got some ridiculous amount of credit for it, so there's not a lot of regret there.

Not to make anyone feel bad but Challah French Toast is the best breakfast in the world.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Well, Quarrel is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Bought it yesterday but just had my first serious play session with it. Already a great purchase. Can see myself getting a lot of mileage out of this.

I liked Bulletstorm but the Echoes just take the fun out of the game when you realize that each one is just iterating through the same motions. The skill shots stop feeling like fun once you have that revelation.

[quote name='hexa']IMO, the Bulletstorm dlc isn't worth it. The multiplayer is pretty vanilla. I love the game though. Take that for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

+1

I would pay for few more story missions tho. ;)

btw some reviews for that game Puddle:

http://www.hugegamer.com/blog/2012/1/26/puddle-review-for-xbox-360.html

http://translate.google.pl/translat...p://g4mers.pl/content.php?771-Puddle-Recenzja

http://thecontrolleronline.com/2012/01/puddle-review/

Got the game from user from this forum for less than 800MSP. It was worth.

Quick question about the LA Noire DLC. If I already bought the season pass (was on sale a month ago or so for 480 points) or whatever in the heck it's called, does it contain ALL DLC ever released, or just a collection of a few cases? Thanks.

[quote name='Achilles00']Quick question about the LA Noire DLC. If I already bought the season pass (was on sale a month ago or so for 480 points) or whatever in the heck it's called, does it contain ALL DLC ever released, or just a collection of a few cases? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think there was one PS3 exclusive. IIRC it has everything else.

[quote name='Achilles00']Quick question about the LA Noire DLC. If I already bought the season pass (was on sale a month ago or so for 480 points) or whatever in the heck it's called, does it contain ALL DLC ever released, or just a collection of a few cases? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

On ps3 it has everything. On 360 its missing one ps3 exclusive case that's in the 360 complete edition.

French Toast nails you with that sugar DLC. Pancakes and Waffles work just fine with butter and syrup, no extra sugar DLC needed for the complete experience.

Good to see Shoot many Robots nearing release, it looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to check out the Quarrel demo thanks to all the glowing impressions here.

[quote name='shieryda']In for Bastion on Jan. 31.[/QUOTE]

Can I recommend waiting 1 day to see if Xbox Rewards decides to have a good month again? Never know when 5% back on all purchases comes back or perhaps something better.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can I recommend waiting 1 day to see if Xbox Rewards decides to have a good month again? Never know when 5% back on all purchases comes back or perhaps something better.[/QUOTE]

Good advice is good.

Why doesn't MS or Sony discount old DLC, and i mean 2-3 years old like say Midnight Club LA. I really want to get the DLC since i got the vanilla version by accident awhile ago and don't want to spend $20 on dlc when the game cost less. I probably will just sell it and used a discount to get the complete edition cheap but still would like a lazy option of just buying the dlc cheap on live

Sorry to go off topic (a Rockstar DLC DOTW will do that):
- anybody who picked up Quarrel, feel free to throw me a friend request. Great game but even better multi.
- breakfast burrito > french toast/pancake/waffle. Savory always beats sweet for breakfast.

[quote name='oldboy26']Why doesn't MS or Sony discount old DLC, and i mean 2-3 years old like say Midnight Club LA. I really want to get the DLC since i got the vanilla version by accident awhile ago and don't want to spend $20 on dlc when the game cost less. I probably will just sell it and used a discount to get the complete edition cheap but still would like a lazy option of just buying the dlc cheap on live[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that they do eventually drop the price on DLC for some old games, if it's not a popular title and there are achievements tied to the DLC itself.

Other than that, it doesn't take up any real inventory space. So, they're probably sure they can out-wait your willpower.

[quote name='vamn']I've noticed that they do eventually drop the price on DLC for some old games, if it's not a popular title and there are achievements tied to the DLC itself.

Other than that, it doesn't take up any real inventory space. So, they're probably sure they can out-wait your willpower.[/QUOTE]

The Puzzle quest expansion is my big thing. I want it, but I'm not paying 700 points for an expansion for a game I paid 800 points for.

I'm kicking myself for not buying more of the Dance Central DLC when it was on sale. I'm loving the game even more than I expected, and more songs = better. I did pick up Marathon Pack 1 during the sale, but wish I'd bought the second one too. Darn.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']hoping for Deus Ex Missing Link and/or Trenched *ahem*... I mean Iron Brigade discounts.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. For the last few months, the two games I always wanted to get on sale were Bastion & Trenched. I have Bastion now thanks to the last sale but Trenched....c'mon, go on sale already would you?

Probably won't be of use to most in this thread if you're looking at the DotW sales but thought it'd be useful to know anyways.

Watch the excitement on ESPN on Xbox LIVE as the top NFL players and celebrities team up and compete to become the champions of Madden NFL 12. As a special bonus, everyone gets free Xbox LIVE Gold access from February 2 – 5, so you won't miss a moment of the action.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Promotions/Madden-Bowl

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm kicking myself for not buying more of the Dance Central DLC when it was on sale. I'm loving the game even more than I expected, and more songs = better. I did pick up Marathon Pack 1 during the sale, but wish I'd bought the second one too. Darn.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the Janet Jackson "Control" song? If you need it send me a PM.

If you already have a year or 2 paid and renew will you get the points? I am paid up thru 2013 and I picked up a cheap newegg card this week.

[quote name='gepet0']If you already have a year or 2 paid and renew will you get the points? I am paid up thru 2013 and I picked up a cheap newegg card this week.[/QUOTE]

The last time I checked you could have a max of three years in advance. So right now the longest your subscription could be good through would be Jan 2015. You should be fine.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']The Puzzle quest expansion is my big thing. I want it, but I'm not paying 700 points for an expansion for a game I paid 800 points for.[/QUOTE]

Held out on that too for awhile but used some rebate points to justify it. Just break down and get it, the Plague Lord expansion was pretty solid.

:applause:

[quote name='KryllFood']I'm in the same boat. For the last few months, the two games I always wanted to get on sale were Bastion & Trenched. I have Bastion now thanks to the last sale but Trenched....c'mon, go on sale already would you?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that they renamed Trenched. I forgot the new name, but don't miss any potential sales because you're looking for the wrong name.

BTW, are the LA Noire cases any good or worth it? I have the points to get one or 2 of them. I have the game on the backlog but can justify getting a case or 2 since they are on sale.

Thanks!!!

[quote name='BNoyes']Don't forget that they renamed Trenched. I forgot the new name, but don't miss any potential sales because you're looking for the wrong name.[/QUOTE]

new name is 'iron brigade'

[quote name='gepet0']If you already have a year or 2 paid and renew will you get the points? I am paid up thru 2013 and I picked up a cheap newegg card this week.[/QUOTE]

If you're refering to the Xbox Rewards points, I believe the answer is No. You have to not currently be on gold and then sign up for it to get the 400 points back.

[quote name='oldboy26']Why doesn't MS or Sony discount old DLC, and i mean 2-3 years old like say Midnight Club LA. I really want to get the DLC since i got the vanilla version by accident awhile ago and don't want to spend $20 on dlc when the game cost less. I probably will just sell it and used a discount to get the complete edition cheap but still would like a lazy option of just buying the dlc cheap on live[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I wanted to buy the Stuntman: Ignition DLC for some time, but that never dropped in price.

[quote name='tylerh1701']If you're refering to the Xbox Rewards points, I believe the answer is No. You have to not currently be on gold and then sign up for it to get the 400 points back.[/QUOTE]
No, right now if you renew you get 400 points back, only good until the 31st

[quote name='destro4eva']BTW, are the LA Noire cases any good or worth it? I have the points to get one or 2 of them. I have the game on the backlog but can justify getting a case or 2 since they are on sale.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]
I really liked L.A. Noire, so I liked all the DLC. Nicholson Electroplating would be the one to download if you can only get one, and Reefer Madness after that if you're getting two. But if you haven't played the game yet, you might want to do that since some people hate the style of it and wouldn't want the DLC even if it were free.

[quote name='destro4eva']BTW, are the LA Noire cases any good or worth it? I have the points to get one or 2 of them. I have the game on the backlog but can justify getting a case or 2 since they are on sale.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Yes! If you like the game, you will absolutely like the dlc cases, I finished the entire game. It is the closet game on the 360 I have come to getting 100%.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']hoping for Deus Ex Missing Link and/or Trenched *ahem*... I mean Iron Brigade discounts.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Iron Brigade has a new DLC out!! I haven't even played my copy of the game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Can I recommend waiting 1 day to see if Xbox Rewards decides to have a good month again? Never know when 5% back on all purchases comes back or perhaps something better.[/QUOTE]

You can. I had no idea that did this.:applause:

[quote name='destro4eva']Held out on that too for awhile but used some rebate points to justify it. Just break down and get it, the Plague Lord expansion was pretty solid.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I'll get it on my next Bing cash out then if you recommend it. How can I refuse the Warlock? :lol:

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm kicking myself for not buying more of the Dance Central DLC when it was on sale. I'm loving the game even more than I expected, and more songs = better. I did pick up Marathon Pack 1 during the sale, but wish I'd bought the second one too. Darn.[/QUOTE]

SAME HERE. Got Dance Central a week after the sales and it's soooo much fun. More songs the better. I woulda bought almost all of em too. This is like the 2nd time they've been on sale the past 16 months, so hopefully they'll go all sale before the end of the year *crosses fingers*

That said, never ever thought I'd be dancing to a Soulja Boy song and enjoying every moment it

[quote name='shieryda']You can. I had no idea that did this.:applause:[/QUOTE]

That was one of their best rewards. I bought a ton of really old stuff that's never been on sale. They also have done 200msp back if you bought 2 800+msp arcade games in the same month. Always worth the wait if you can. Especially for one day. You never know what reward they may offer next.

If you aren't a member just go to http://rewards.xbox.com and sign up. It's free and can be pretty sweet (though not for several months now).

[quote name='Slermy']Oh, where was that confirmed? Anyone happen to have a source?

This thread seems to indicate otherwise:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292253&page=37[/QUOTE]
Here's my source

bgu5nn.jpg

The * is "deal is from January 1st to January 31st"

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Here's my source

The * is "deal is from January 1st to January 31st"[/QUOTE]

I think the confirmation he's looking for is if you are existing gold and add on an additional year, do you get the 400 points.

I can't confirm, but I'm still pretty sure the answer to that question is "No, you cannot take part in this rewards offer if you are a current Gold member".

[quote name='Daemonocracy']French Toast nails you with that sugar DLC. Pancakes and Waffles work just fine with butter and syrup, no extra sugar DLC needed for the complete experience.[/QUOTE]
You obviously haven't tried "Pancakes 2012" with the "Blueberry" DLC ... changes the game completely. Oh, and with "Waffles Xtreme", very few people know about the "Did It With Ice Cream" secret achievement.

On another note, does anything think it's strange that "Gotham City Imposters" is going to WAYYYY outshine "Nexuiz" on Feb. 29th in the 3rd-week of "House Party"? I realize that THQ being the publisher has some influence upon MS's participation in its release (perhaps a huge wad of $$$ was involved?), but does anyone think this multiplayer-dependent title will still have a community even 4 weeks post-launch? I'm guessing this is more-so MS wanting a CryEngine3 XBLA title than any desire for a "hit" title in week #3 ... :?::?::?:

And now I just remembered that MS won't include multi-platform titles during any of their promotions, so there goes both "Gotham City Imposters" on Feb. 29th, as well as "Shank 2" on Feb. 8th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back