XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='danny8k']I see. Oh well. I guess Bastion will have to wait T_T[/QUOTE]

Glad to help, but this stuff is laid out in the OP.

[quote name='youenvy']anyone know if the simpsons game will have infinite lives or limited/or an option to input how many lives you want?

edit-found this- The game spans eight levels and sports four-player online co-op. Additionally, The Simpsons Arcade Game includes three game modes: Quarters, Survival, and Free Play.

im guessing quarters will be limited lives while free play will be unlimited.

That's cool as i really didn't like having infinite lives on Xmen.[/QUOTE]

To provide a little more depth to your answer:

Free Play - Unlimited

Team Quarters - 40 credits shared between all players

Quarters - 10 credits per player

Survival - One Credit, One Life, No Continues

I used to love the Simpsons Arcade back in the day but I bought TMNT: Turtles in Time at full price under the same pretense and totally regretted it. The game is just too short and not as fun as I remembered it. I imagine Simpsons Arcade is probably in the same boat. Plus TMNT was on sale for half off not too long after it came out, so I can wait until this is on sale.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I used to love the Simpsons Arcade back in the day but I bought TMNT: Turtles in Time at full price under the same pretense and totally regretted it. The game is just too short and not as fun as I remembered it. I imagine Simpsons Arcade is probably in the same boat. Plus TMNT was on sale for half off not too long after it came out, so I can wait until this is on sale.[/QUOTE]

I am a HUGE simpsons fan and a fan of the arcade game, but when you compare this to what else is available at 800 points/full price it's really hard to pull the trigger.

I loved the Simpsons game as a kid and it's pretty awesome that it finally has a proper home release, but I'm going to have to pass after seeing the bare bones treatment X-men got from Backbone. The game will definitely be discounted to at least 400 (maybe even 200 if we're lucky) at some point this year and I know I'm probably just going to play it once and forget about it anyway just like I did with TMNT and X-men. I'll be saving my beat em up dollars for Shank 2 instead.

I honestly have a hard time buying any arcade game not on sale. I have like 50 arcade games at this point. Some still get played from time to time (Geometry Wars and Torchlight come to mind) but most just lay dormate on my harddrive for years. But 1/2 price usually is worth the 4-10 hours I get out of em

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I honestly have a hard time buying any arcade game not on sale. I have like 50 arcade games at this point. Some still get played from time to time (Geometry Wars and Torchlight come to mind) but most just lay dormate on my harddrive for years. But 1/2 price usually is worth the 4-10 hours I get out of em[/QUOTE]
This. Even Sonic CD at that reasonable price is a struggle for me. That and counting everything else I got I'm at a triple digit backlog.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I used to love the Simpsons Arcade back in the day but I bought TMNT: Turtles in Time at full price under the same pretense and totally regretted it. The game is just too short and not as fun as I remembered it. I imagine Simpsons Arcade is probably in the same boat. Plus TMNT was on sale for half off not too long after it came out, so I can wait until this is on sale.[/QUOTE]
its a 35 minute game. yea, i'll wait until it drops to 400.

[quote name='bardockkun']This. Even Sonic CD at that reasonable price is a struggle for me. That and counting everything else I got I'm at a triple digit backlog.[/QUOTE]

I'm at triple digits as well. I don't know why I get so frustrated when the DotWs are so shitty, because it gives me time to catch up on my backlog. I've probably knocked 7-10 downloadable games out of my backlog in the last 2 weeks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm at triple digits as well. I don't know why I get so frustrated when the DotWs are so shitty, because it gives me time to catch up on my backlog. I've probably knocked 7-10 downloadable games out of my backlog in the last 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Plus saving points/cash. The only problem is I also say "oh bad DotW! Well this totally justifies me buying more Dance Central 2 DLC this week now!!" AKA I Never really learn and just find some other means to keep distracting myself with a game instead of moving onto the many waiting. Damn this wonderful site...

Quick question, can The Simpson Game play with two people on the couch AND two people online? Or is it just 1 person per xbox when playing online.

i could be wrong but i don't think x men has been on sale yet, so if you're waiting for 400 points you might be waiting longer than you think

[quote name='Barry Burton']i could be wrong but i don't think x men has been on sale yet, so if you're waiting for 400 points you might be waiting longer than you think[/QUOTE]

It was 200 msp in a one day sale back in April. That was 4 or so months after release.

[quote name='Barry Burton']i could be wrong but i don't think x men has been on sale yet, so if you're waiting for 400 points you might be waiting longer than you think[/QUOTE]

Actually went on sale twice within a year of it's release, once for 200 and once for 400. I fully expect Simpsons to go at least half off at some point this year.

EDIT: nm, beaten

[quote name='bardockkun']For 200 points you'd be a fool not to be welcome to die.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no idea what you just said but I agree wholeheartedly.

[quote name='Dustinator']I suggest the Grubins on Ice DLC. It's only $5 and if you liked Costume Quest, Grubbins is more of the same. In a good way though. Plus it's an easy 50 gamerscore. I really don't think it'll ever go on sale. I highly recommend it![/QUOTE]

I ended up purchasing just about everything I mentioned, thanks! I did get the Defense Grid: You Monster dlc, Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice, Iron Brigade: Rise Of The Martian Bear and the Ilomilo: Autumn Tale. All were good buys and am enjoying their dlc :cool:

Anyone else think a Resident Evil on 4 and Code Veronica sale should be coming? It feels like they would get a lot of people with the release of the Resident Evil 6 trailer getting people pumped.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Anyone else think a Resident Evil on 4 and Code Veronica sale should be coming? It feels like they would get a lot of people with the release of the Resident Evil 6 trailer getting people pumped.[/QUOTE]
Just from a trailer? Doubtful. It's not coming out until November and honestly the lifespan of a good trailer in this day and age is about a week and it's been several weeks since it's been out and meh.

Maybe closer in release with Operation Raccoon City or the next big Spring sale, but I don't think really that soon.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Anyone else think a Resident Evil on 4 and Code Veronica sale should be coming? It feels like they would get a lot of people with the release of the Resident Evil 6 trailer getting people pumped.[/QUOTE]

they should have been 10$ to begin with. and no, i dont expect microsoft to ever put them on sale, as the only games on demand games i remember ever being on sale are the the original halo and GTA. but if they ever surprise me, i wont even hesitate to snatch both games up.

[quote name='taylort3']they should have been 10$ to begin with. and no, i dont expect microsoft to ever put them on sale, as the only games on demand games i remember ever being on sale are the the original halo and GTA. but if they ever surprise me, i wont even hesitate to snatch both games up.[/QUOTE]

The Halo and GTA you're thinking of are Xbox Originals, not Games on Demand. Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Saints Row 2, Mafia 2, Prey, The Darkness, Battlefield 2 and Bad Company, Civ Rev, and maybe more are GoD and have all been on sale.

No, I get the feeling RE4/RE:CV sales aren't going to happen. I would love them too, I would double-dip on RE4 for $10 (especially cuz it has 1000 gamerscore).

Maybe in March to tie into the Racoon City hype. Then again there doesn't seem to be much hype for Racoon City. Maybe in the fall...whatever the case maybe I really hope it goes on sale as I've been holding out on getting them.

Not sure if this has been asked, but...

If I buy all 4 House Party games, do I get 940 points back (800 from the promotional offer and 140 from the rewards 5% offer)?

If so, 3060 points for the 4 games isn't too bad.

[quote name='steveau']Not sure if this has been asked, but...

If I buy all 4 House Party games, do I get 1000 points back (800 from the promotional offer and 200 from the rewards 5% offer)?

If so, 3000 points for the 4 games isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

I Am Alive doesn't release until March, so unless the March reward is the same as February's, 940 points back.

If I buy all 4 House Party games, do I get 1000 points back (800 from the promotional offer and 200 from the rewards 5% offer)?

If so, 3000 points for the 4 games isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

buying all 4 House Party titles will get you the 800 points for that offer

with the 5% reward offer you only get 140 points since 3 of the 4 House Party games release in February. Warp (800) + Alan Wake (1200) + Nexiuz (800) = 2800 points spent.

If I buy all 4 House Party games, do I get 940 points back (800 from the promotional offer and 140 from the rewards 5% offer)?

If so, 3060 points for the 4 games isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I don't see why not. Less than 800 per game

That's excellent! A small deal whilst still supporting the developers.

Unless two of the games get bad reviews, this sounds good.

On ratio, that makes:

Alan Wake/I Am Alive: 918 points each
Nexuiz/Warp: 612 points each

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Quick question, can The Simpson Game play with two people on the couch AND two people online? Or is it just 1 person per xbox when playing online.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please answer this. I also would like to know

[quote name='Tsel']I thought I Am Alive comes out in March? How are you going to buy that as part of the 5% back promo?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why you would only get 140 points extra back... and not 200.

I have a question for those of you who picked up the Mortal Kombat pass a couple of weeks ago. I bought the pass back then and got the game yesterday. When I booted it up, I went to training to check out the roster and saw only Freddie as a new unlocked character at the bottom. The rest of the bottom row had Shiva, blank and Freddie again. Any idea how to get the other 3 extra characters t show up? Do I need to get compatibility packs or something? Thanks

[quote name='lupe guillotine']Quick question, can The Simpson Game play with two people on the couch AND two people online? Or is it just 1 person per xbox when playing online.[/QUOTE]

Definitely multiple people on the same console. Giant Bomb did a quick look with two of them playing locally.

Not sure about how it works over Live, but i would guess you can have two local then play with two others online.

[quote name='ooga']I have a question for those of you who picked up the Mortal Kombat pass a couple of weeks ago. I bought the pass back then and got the game yesterday. When I booted it up, I went to training to check out the roster and saw only Freddie as a new unlocked character at the bottom. The rest of the bottom row had Shiva, blank and Freddie again. Any idea how to get the other 3 extra characters t show up? Do I need to get compatibility packs or something? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Download the pass and download the 4 characters.

You need the pass downloaded or they won't show up.

I can go check but they should all show up on the bottom row

[quote name='wakawakawa']Download the pass and download the 4 characters.

You need the pass downloaded or they won't show up.

I can go check but they should all show up on the bottom row[/QUOTE]

Thanks I must've been doing something wrong. The compatibility packs put them out there. What's odd is that I have to go to the bottom left corner and click left to see the extra characters. The characters also appears in the bottom right corner, but they're not select-able.
Oh well, thanks for the help.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I ended up purchasing just about everything I mentioned, thanks! I did get the Defense Grid: You Monster dlc, Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice, Iron Brigade: Rise Of The Martian Bear and the Ilomilo: Autumn Tale. All were good buys and am enjoying their dlc :cool:[/QUOTE]No prob :) love coming to this thread to see upcoming deals/arcade games and the discussions are great. Most everyone seems to have a good head on their shoulders and will provide logic and reasoning when answering someone's question(s).

Oh and reddjoey is sexy. I keep coming back to see every word he types

[quote name='ooga']Thanks I must've been doing something wrong. The compatibility packs put them out there. What's odd is that I have to go to the bottom left corner and click left to see the extra characters. The characters also appears in the bottom right corner, but they're not select-able.
Oh well, thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever download the full characters?

The compatability packs are for people who don't own the characters but want to play against them online. You need to download each full character.

Also was just looking online. You might want to delete all the compatability packs, then download the season pass and each character from the ingame store.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Guys im having a hard time deciding whether or not to pick bastion up at 600 points can someone tell me if its worth it or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes ;)

[quote name='wakawakawa']Did you ever download the full characters?

The compatability packs are for people who don't own the characters but want to play against them online. You need to download each full character.

Also was just looking online. You might want to delete all the compatability packs, then download the season pass and each character from the ingame store.[/QUOTE]

I'll do that. Thanks for the advice.

[quote name='ooga']What's odd is that I have to go to the bottom left corner and click left to see the extra characters. The characters also appears in the bottom right corner, but they're not select-able.
Oh well, thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
When you're playing local versus, the second player can select the extra characters from the bottom right. Player 1 can only select from the bottom left and player 2 can only select from the bottom right

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Guys im having a hard time deciding whether or not to pick bastion up at 600 points can someone tell me if its worth it or not?[/QUOTE]

Definite yes. One of the all-time best XBLA games is the widely-held opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back