XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can wait another month, you can buy all the alternate costumes for UMvC3 for like 16 bucks in a package. I think it's like 1400 points, but not sure anymore.

But a helluva lot cheaper than buying each pack.

I just want to know what this week's deals will be.

[quote name='quotrice']not too sure but I think all thats on sale this week is a game for windows phone 7 :/[/QUOTE]

Umm... WP7 sales are totally separate from Xbox 360 sales. They also update on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. As for what's on sale this week on the 360, we'll find out tomorrow.

[quote name='Baked831']If your not a gold member, or flashing your Xbox 360. Why even own one?[/QUOTE]
I play shmups and jrpgs which are not on the ps3. I could care less about FPS games... If I wanted free multiplayer, I would play on the ps3. Welcome to CAG!

[quote name='Solder']If you can wait another month, you can buy all the alternate costumes for UMvC3 for like 16 bucks in a package. I think it's like 1400 points, but not sure anymore.[/QUOTE]It's 1,600 MSP/$20 (which, to me, seems like a lot for something that doesn't affect gameplay), but yeah, it's a WHOLE lot cheaper than buying each individual costume pack, as you're saving $20/half the price of getting them all.

[quote name='shivan128']I play shmups and jrpgs which are not on the ps3. I could care less about FPS games... If I wanted free multiplayer, I would play on the ps3. Welcome to CAG![/QUOTE]
Yes because only FPS has online content.

Wow, you're going to want to research the consoles you have a bit more. I know it's going to come as a surprise but there's content online for every genre.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I don't want to discourage you from taking on a good math problem, but why not just carry an odd point balance? There are plenty of sales for odd amounts & plenty of ways to earn odd amounts. If the alternative is picking up some dlc you want or need, embrace the chaos.[/QUOTE]

I've had xxx9 points for over two years (thanks to a promo code for a free zune song) and those nine useless points have been bothering me the whole time! I'm seriously considering buying one of the 20msp Kameo gamerpics just to get the one point back and drop down to an even number.

[quote name='kvadair']I've had xxx9 points for over two years (thanks to a promo code for a free zune song) and those nine useless points have been bothering me the whole time! I'm seriously considering buying one of the 20msp Kameo gamerpics just to get the one point back and drop down to an even number.[/QUOTE]

And two weeks later there will be a promo that gives you an msp total that ends in 3. It's just not worth thinking about.

[quote name='Zonic505']It's 1,600 MSP/$20 (which, to me, seems like a lot for something that doesn't affect gameplay), but yeah, it's a WHOLE lot cheaper than buying each individual costume pack, as you're saving $20/half the price of getting them all.[/QUOTE]

So it won't include the extra characters? I'll pass then.

[quote name='ooga']So it won't include the extra characters? I'll pass then.[/QUOTE]You mean Shuma & Jill? Their special costumes are included in UMvC3 if you download them or already had them downloaded.

[quote name='Crono-00']Not saying spylon (nor others) should, but I sure could find a list of irregularly priced avatar/DLC/XBLA titles. Meaning non-free, non-divisible by 40MSP (because I find the Bullet Witch DLC at 20MSP each, totalling to 340MSP, an oddity) items on the marketplace which may need help from another oddly priced item to even out a balance.[/QUOTE]

Crono-00, interesting idea, I should have all the data already. In the latest page you can select price ranges. Right now they are predefined values. I'll try to query the database for all price points and dynamically generate that drop down list.

It's on my todo list. :cool:

Quarrel is really good, FYI, and at 400 points it's like it's on sale already (that was the release price - don't want to confuse). Anyone not into FPS looking for a reason to have Gold, this is a good one. Not too likely to run into jackasses playing a word game (combining a word scramble with Risk), like you would in a FPS. LOL. The dictionary has a bit of wonkiness to it, but it's not a big problem. I definitely recommend it at 400 points.

[quote name='crunchewy']Quarrel is really good, FYI, and at 400 points it's like it's on sale already (that was the release price - don't want to confuse). Anyone not into FPS looking for a reason to have Gold, this is a good one. Not too likely to run into jackasses playing a word game (combining a word scramble with Risk), like you would in a FPS. LOL. The dictionary has a bit of wonkiness to it, but it's not a big problem. I definitely recommend it at 400 points.[/QUOTE]

I found the dictionary very poor too. You can throw an "S" at the end of any word and the game accepts it. I'm still really enjoying the game though.

[quote name='RallyV']I found the dictionary very poor too. You can throw an "S" at the end of any word and the game accepts it. I'm still really enjoying the game though.[/QUOTE]

Plural is fine - I'm not sure why such should be excluded? In any case they aren't excluded. Here's a weird one a friend said they ran into: "grape". What? With any luck they'll improve the dictionary.

[quote name='crunchewy']Plural is fine - I'm not sure why such should be excluded? In any case they aren't excluded. Here's a weird one a friend said they ran into: "grape". What? With any luck they'll improve the dictionary.[/QUOTE]

The plurals wouldn't bother me if they were correct. Wolves is the plural, not wolfs. Stuff like that bothers me.

[quote name='RallyV']The plurals wouldn't bother me if they were correct. Wolves is the plural, not wolfs. Stuff like that bothers me.[/QUOTE]

Ooooh. LOL. Didn't know it did that. Yeah, let's hope they improve the dictionary. Still a fun game either way.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Gotham City Imposters releases this Wednesday, I didn't see it in the OP[/QUOTE]

Did anybody play the Beta? Most likely will be a 1200 pt title. Anybody have anything to say about it?

[quote name='Bradisback']Did anybody play the Beta? Most likely will be a 1200 pt title. Anybody have anything to say about it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it will be 1200msp. The beta was ok, multiplayer FPS are definitely not my thing so I didn't think it was special at all, I wouldn't even buy it at 400msp.

The batman licensing/tie-ins didn't do much for me either.

[quote name='Bradisback']Did anybody play the Beta? Most likely will be a 1200 pt title. Anybody have anything to say about it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it very much. I found it very exploitable and uneven. I jumped into the closed beta late, not having used my access much. The higher level players customized their weapon sets with various strong and even one hit kill types. Plus, the map has these spots that restore your HP and ammo. Players would stand on those spots and mow down a bunch of people. After 6 or 8 games on the demo (which had very slow matchmaking speeds), I quit and deleted it. Not missing much IMO.

I thought it was fun, lots of loadout options and customization, kind of like the BioShock 2 multiplayer with over-the-top powers and stuff. A bunch of guys at my work played the hell out of the beta and are pumped for the full release tomorrow.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm pretty sure it will be 1200msp. The beta was ok, multiplayer FPS are definitely not my thing so I didn't think it was special at all, I wouldn't even buy it at 400msp.

The batman licensing/tie-ins didn't do much for me either.[/QUOTE]

Its an fps? Wow I obviously knew nothing about this and now too have no interest in it lol

[quote name='crunchewy']Plural is fine - I'm not sure why such should be excluded? In any case they aren't excluded. Here's a weird one a friend said they ran into: "grape". What? With any luck they'll improve the dictionary.[/QUOTE]

I concur on all accounts. Quarrel is a great 400 pt game. and the dictionary is hot garbage. Some of it is due to Microsoft's draconian censorship policy, but as a frequent Scrabble and Boggle player, there are some AWFUL words that should not work that do.

The only other downside is the ridiculous number of cheaters in online multiplayer, but that's to be expected. People suck.

[quote name='100Proof']I concur on all accounts. Quarrel is a great 400 pt game. and the dictionary is hot garbage. Some of it is due to Microsoft's draconian censorship policy, but as a frequent Scrabble and Boggle player, there are some AWFUL words that should not work that do.

The only other downside is the ridiculous number of cheaters in online multiplayer, but that's to be expected. People suck.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played online yet. Are there really that many cheaters? :cry:

[quote name='Bradisback']Did anybody play the Beta? Most likely will be a 1200 pt title. Anybody have anything to say about it?[/QUOTE]My friends and I (6 of us) played last Friday night (instead of our normal L4D2 session). We had a great time, even with getting our asses handed to us every single match. I'll end up getting it likely because my friends are. Looks like it's going to replace L4D2 for a while.

[quote name='RallyV']The plurals wouldn't bother me if they were correct. Wolves is the plural, not wolfs. Stuff like that bothers me.[/QUOTE]

Wolfs can be correct given the situation. You would say that a kid wolfs down candy, right? He doesn't wolves down the candy.

I like Gotham City Imposters and will be DLing it on Wednesday.
I played the heck out of the open beta and didn't get tired of it.

The wait between matches is kind of annoying in the beta, but supposedly matchmaking has been fixed.

I don't really see an issue with the reload/health spots Lord_Kefka mentioned simply because the maps were objective based and standing there mowing down opponents doesn't really accomplish much (now team deathmatch wasn't in the beta, but will be in the release, I can see it as a possible issue in that mode).

Plus, I've seen people attempting to do that & it doesn't really work out all that well for them (It's not an instantaneous heal but a heal over time. You can easily kill them when they're standing on it).

[quote name='Andami']Wolfs can be correct given the situation. You would say that a kid wolfs down candy, right? He doesn't wolves down the candy.[/QUOTE]

Dictionary'd!

[quote name='ZForce915']Dictionary'd![/QUOTE]

except the original comment was regarding the plural of the noun wolf, not the third person simple present verb wolf.

[quote name='RallyV']I haven't played online yet. Are there really that many cheaters? :cry:[/QUOTE]
Without question. I've played maybe 8 total games online and I've had an obvious cheater in half of them. It's very easy to spot the difference between someone who is good and someone who is using an anagram/Scrabble web site. The cheaters either get the best possible word or run out of time waiting for the website to load to give them the answer. You can still beat them if you're fast AND can consistently nail the anagram and it's incredibly satisfying when you do.

It's made even more ridiculous by the fact that there are no multiplayer achievements or any real incentive for the score whores to cheat. People are just cheating because they're children who hate to lose and the good old anonymous internet doesn't punish them for being dicks. Gotta love kids. Either way, I'd rather just play private games with friends who aren't a-holes. Just need to convince more friends to buy it and/or make more friends. ;)

The AI gets to the point where it maxes out almost every time too but I expect that.

I loved the demo but the latest quarrel talk has pushed me over edge to pick up the full game. If anybody's interested in playing some clean and honest multiplayer, send me a friend request. (sorry, a little off topic).

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']big meanie[/QUOTE]

Xbldb will catch them sometime early tomorrow morning, and major nelson usually has them posted by 7am PST. But til then, nobody knows anything.

I actually really look forward to every other tuesday, but the last 3 dotws have been super disappointing, so im not getting my hopes up. Maybe I am TOO into these deals, but I was actually in a shitty mood for about an hour after major nelson posted the sales 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatboyjam']I loved the demo but the latest quarrel talk has pushed me over edge to pick up the full game. If anybody's interested in playing some clean and honest multiplayer, send me a friend request. (sorry, a little off topic).[/QUOTE]

Even tho it is technically off topic, I personally really enjoy the discussions that go on here about xbla games. Its a great way to get quality impressions about games.

My prediction for sales:

Mass Effect 2 DLC (gearing up for the release of ME3)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

I'm taking a wild guess but I'd be stoked if I were right. Then sad because I don't want any of that.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Xbldb will catch them sometime early tomorrow morning, and major nelson usually has them posted by 7am PST. But til then, nobody knows anything.

I actually really look forward to every other tuesday, but the last 3 dotws have been super disappointing, so im not getting my hopes up. Maybe I am TOO into these deals, but I was actually in a shitty mood for about an hour after major nelson posted the sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm just like you, actually. I follow game news throughout the day every day (Gods bless smart phones) and every other Tuesday is something I look forward to. But, post-holiday season has been blah. I wasn't very impressed with the holiday sales and to see them rehashed is double-blah.

Not that Bastion is a bad game. I bought it right away for full price. It's just....I want something I don't have on sale and that's not too selfish. :wink:

With Shank 2 coming out tomorrow, any chance Shank 1 goes on sale? And any chance of the NA Binary Domain playable demo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I actually really look forward to every other tuesday, but the last 3 dotws have been super disappointing, so im not getting my hopes up. Maybe I am TOO into these deals, but I was actually in a shitty mood for about an hour after major nelson posted the sales.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I look forward to DotW announcements every other week. Applies to Rock Band announcements every Friday. The difference is that that if Harmonix doesn't announce great songs one week, they'll make up for it the next week. Microsoft on the other hand......lucky if there's a good deal once a month that isn't a repeat

[quote name='dan77733']With Shank 2 coming out tomorrow, any chance Shank 1 goes on sale? And any chance of the NA Binary Domain playable demo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a chance of that happening. And there is also a chance it will not happen.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Xbldb will catch them sometime early tomorrow morning, and major nelson usually has them posted by 7am PST. But til then, nobody knows anything.

I actually really look forward to every other tuesday, but the last 3 dotws have been super disappointing, so im not getting my hopes up. Maybe I am TOO into these deals, but I was actually in a shitty mood for about an hour after major nelson posted the sales.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow should be a good day too. With the combination of unknown DotW, Family Pack Deal, and Feb Recently Reduced, hopefully every one can find something good.

[quote name='ZForce915']My prediction for sales:

Mass Effect 2 DLC (gearing up for the release of ME3)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

I'm taking a wild guess but I'd be stoked if I were right. Then sad because I don't want any of that.[/QUOTE]

I could definitely see them doing ME2 content again, but I really hope they don't.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Not that Bastion is a bad game. I bought it right away for full price. It's just....I want something I don't have on sale and that's not too selfish. :wink:[/QUOTE]

I agree. :)

Even if Battle: LA, Red Bull X-Fighters, and Worms Ultimate Mayhem went on sale I would be fine with that. I wouldn't buy any of them (unless they were deep discounts) because I don't want them, but at least they would be new sales and not flippin' repeats!

[quote name='Spylon']Tomorrow should be a good day too. With the combination of unknown DotW, Family Pack Deal, and Feb Recently Reduced, hopefully every one can find something good.[/QUOTE]

I like your positivity. I am actually setting my sights quite low, don't want to be disappointed again.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Yes, there is a chance of that happening. And there is also a chance it will not happen.[/QUOTE]

Haha excellent! Quality insight!

I have an exam from 8am EST until 11am EST. I will try and update the OP when I can (laptop is fucked and labs on campus are always packed) but if I don't it will be done later in the evening.

[quote name='dan77733']With Shank 2 coming out tomorrow, any chance Shank 1 goes on sale? And any chance of the NA Binary Domain playable demo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I actually think it would be unlikely for Shank 1 to go on sale right when Shank 2 comes out. There would be concerns that it would monopolize sales. I think it's more likely for the prequel to go on sale a few months before the sequel, to help drum up interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back