XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting realize the amount of points I plan on spending in the next month could be sick. The House party games alone will run 4000 (940 back) but these sales this week and next might drain my point reserve. Any thoughts on the Lara's Shadow DLC? I have Underworld but have not played it yet.

I'll skip Crimson Alliance for now and wait for a 600 or 400 price and if that doesn't happen, its okay. Went ahead and got all the Deus Ex stuff and NBA Jam.

Is the Tong's Rescue Bonus Mission any good in the Explosive Mission Pack? Is it a good sized side mission or just a simple "go to these two places to complete the fetch quest in 5 minutes" type of thing?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
Just Cause 2 add-ons are just a weapon and vehicle pack right? Outside of being super cheap is there any reason to really get these?
[/QUOTE]
The weapons are fun and over the top; I got the Black Market Boom Pack and Aerial Pack.

They definitely spice the game up; you have to pay for them in-game from the drop chopper, but it's a lot of fun launching multiple missiles at single targets, or blowing them all away with a massive air gun. The aerial pack gives you a set of propellers for your parachute allowing you to almost fly across the islands easier.

Well worth picking up if you're still playing. I am going to use them for my expert level playthrough.

[quote name='tylerh1701'] I think I'll get Crimson Alliance, anyone want to give me some impressions on that one? And should I get a single character pack, or the 3 pack?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it thoroughly at release. It's a nice Diablo style game that is too simplified and too short but is still a lot of fun for the time you play it.

Unless you really want to play more than one class or are game sharing (as I was) then I would probably suggest buying a single class. After clearing it I don't have hardly any desire to go back and run through it again as another class. Though the price is where it probably should have been in the first place for the 3 pack. IMO $5 per character and $10 for 3 is where it should have started at.

[quote name='Gabrius']Um, why does Swarm have a release date of today? This game isn't new, right?[/QUOTE]

i noticed theyve been doing this when games go on sale for the week, maybe to bump traffic to the sales ?

[quote name='Felder71']Major Nelson just posted the deals for the next few weeks -

http://majornelson.com/2012/02/07/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-2/

A few thoughts -

1) There's no mention of NBA Jam as a deal, yet it's clearly there. Seems odd he wouldn't call it out.
2) Shank 2 is only 800 points? The first one started at 1200. Considering we are talking EA, I find that interesting.
3) Bravo on making the Epic Quest table the typical $3. They had a chance to milk it since it has extra features but didn't.[/QUOTE]

1.) Major Nelson never mentions the family pack deal.
2.) Shank is not Square Enix, so that must be a permanent price drop on part 1, to match part 2.
3.) What are the new special features?

This is a good week.

Already queued up Swarm then when I get home I'll add some more points I have sitting on the side and I think I'm going to get both NBA JAM and Crimson Alliance.

Finally took the plunge on NBA Jam. Played the demo and it brought back memories of epic SNES battles. For $10, couldn't pass on it again like I forced myself to do a few weeks ago.

Now I just have to finish Bastion which I picked up last week on DotW...

(On a side note - pretty excited about getting Simpsons Arcade for free on PS+)

I have the standard DXHR on the 360...but have the DXHR Limited Edition on OnLive (w/o Missing Link). Both are still in the backlog. So I need to decide if I want the DLC on the 360 (including Missing Link) or stick w/ OnLive. Ugh, decisions.

[quote name='Spylon']
3.) What are the new special features?[/QUOTE]

It's got RPG elements. You build up experience and gold to make your character stronger over many games. It has weapons, gear, and a general progression. It's kind of RPG lite style and I'm not expecting anything like an actual story, but considering it's not just a table, I expected a $5 price tag.

[quote name='eastx']I'm sure this will get buried in the new deal discussion, but here's my Simpsons Arcade Game review at Co-Optimus. Hope'n some of ya's check it out.[/QUOTE]

Nice review Paul. With a number of arcade games I want to go to first I still plan to wait for a sale, but if they don't have one in the next 2-3 months I'm sure to pick it up.

[quote name='ZForce915']Nice review Paul. With a number of arcade games I want to go to first I still plan to wait for a sale, but if they don't have one in the next 2-3 months I'm sure to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Felder71']Nice review. I especially like your Cletus Theme Song call out![/QUOTE]

Thank you kindly, guys. :D Yeah, backlog always needs to be taken into consideration before buying a new game at full price... But whatever the price you pay, Simpsons Arcade shouldn't disappoint.

2/7 - Crimson Alliance

DLC: (A bit misleading)
-All Character Pack - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT!!?
I JUST BIT ON THAT AT 3AM FOR FULL PRICE SOLEY BECAUSE OF THE 5% REWARD THIS MONTH!! GAAAAUGH!

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

ps. The rest of you CAGs can thank me, and my terrible unfortunate luck? :cool:

[quote name='bajingo']i noticed theyve been doing this when games go on sale for the week, maybe to bump traffic to the sales ?[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. My database tracks these changes but they are not exposed? Is there any value in adding the "original" release date?

[quote name='reddjoey']I started on the OP, but I ran out of time between classes. I will finish it later tonight.[/QUOTE]

reddjoey I updated my site with the square enix sale, the dotw, the family pack sale and what I think are the recently reduced.

You can find those all here:
http://xbldb.com/current-deals

Hopefully this will help you finish the OP quickly.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So glad Deus Ex DLC went on sale, been waiting.[/QUOTE]

And I know that I plan to get this game, but I rarely buy DLC for a game in advance so I guess I should probably just cross my fingers that it will happen again.

Right?

[quote name='Spylon']reddjoey I updated my site with the square enix sale, the dotw, the family pack sale and what I think are the recently reduced.

You can find those all here:
http://xbldb.com/current-deals

Hopefully this will help you finish the OP quickly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. MS put the Square Stuff up here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/Special-Sales

So that helps. It looks like there were some drops too. Hopefully it will all be worked out in a few days.

[quote name='Sanges99']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT!!?
I JUST BIT ON THAT AT 3AM FOR FULL PRICE SOLEY BECAUSE OF THE 5% REWARD THIS MONTH!! GAAAAUGH!
[/QUOTE]

This is why I reccomend waiting until the end of the month to make full price purchases to earn the 5% return. I'm waiting until Tuesday 2/28 just in case (and I realize it's a super long shot) Meteos Wars, Tempest, and other long hold outs go on sale. I've waited this long, what's another few weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']That page is missing things and has some duplicates, thou. At least when I looked at it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, for example, Tomb Raider Underworld's Beneath the Ashes DLC is missing from the list on xbox.com, but it's definitely also on sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This is why I reccomend waiting until the end of the month to make full price purchases to earn the 5% return. I'm waiting until Tuesday 2/28 just in case (and I realize it's a super long shot) Meteos Wars, Tempest, and other long hold outs go on sale. I've waited this long, what's another few weeks?[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, Meteos Wars? I forgot that game was even on the marketplace. I haven't played that since it came out on the DS. I should check that demo out again.

Sorry if this is a deal question, but how do the Family deals work? Do you have to have the Live subscription where up to four people can have a Gold gamertag? Id really love to get NBA Jam

[quote name='ZForce915']Holy crap, Meteos Wars? I forgot that game was even on the marketplace. I haven't played that since it came out on the DS. I should check that demo out again.[/QUOTE]

The first DS game was an incredible puzzle game(a genre I rarely enjoy) so I became an instant fan of the franchise.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sorry if this is a deal question, but how do the Family deals work? Do you have to have the Live subscription where up to four people can have a Gold gamertag? Id really love to get NBA Jam[/QUOTE]

Nope, just have to have gold to get the discount.

[quote name='Tsel']36% off 560 is 201.6 though. That's a bizarre discount.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spylon']My site has the following:
http://xbldb.com/offers/004-067

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...e1d1c74-1984-4968-8b90-272bf6b8bb26?cid=SLink[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Not sure why it didn't show up on my other search.
200 pts is definitely worth it then, since its the only character I don't have. Still seems lower than it should be. I was likely gonna get it by the end of the month anyway, but this makes me glad I waited.

BTW, anyone know for sure if Call of Duty Elite will get you 5% back?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I enjoyed it thoroughly at release. It's a nice Diablo style game that is too simplified and too short but is still a lot of fun for the time you play it.

Unless you really want to play more than one class or are game sharing (as I was) then I would probably suggest buying a single class. After clearing it I don't have hardly any desire to go back and run through it again as another class. Though the price is where it probably should have been in the first place for the 3 pack. IMO $5 per character and $10 for 3 is where it should have started at.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chrono. Any recommendation on which class to get? I'm leaning towards mercenary, which is what I usually play in these types of games. However, because of the weird pricing, it's basically $7 for one class and then only $3 for the other 2 classes, so I may just want to break down and buy all 3. Though I don't plan on returning to the game after I beat it. Decisions, decisions.

Most the reviews tend to say Crimson Alliance is better in co-op, but more than likely I'll play it single player. Anyone play it single player, and how is it?

[quote name='bchampnd']Finally took the plunge on NBA Jam. Played the demo and it brought back memories of epic SNES battles. For $10, couldn't pass on it again like I forced myself to do a few weeks ago.

Now I just have to finish Bastion which I picked up last week on DotW...

(On a side note - pretty excited about getting Simpsons Arcade for free on PS+)[/QUOTE]

NBA Jam is well worth $10. I bought it during a PSN sale for $10 and am extremely happy with it!

[quote name='Sanges99']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT!!?

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

ps. The rest of you CAGs can thank me, and my terrible unfortunate luck? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I understand the 5% cash back reasoning, but never buy anything the Monday night before Major Nelson announces the next two weeks of deals.

Also, what's up with Swarm? Must be a price drop, because it doesn't fit into any other categories.

It's also an awesome game that flew way under the radar, probably in my XBLA Top 10 from last year (it's a unique game, and I LOVE unique!). It's a "high score" kind of game, but I definitely got addicted to moving up the leaderboards! And it should be a fairly easy 200, it was for me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, what's up with Swarm? Must be a price drop, because it doesn't fit into any other categories.

It's also an awesome game that flew way under the radar, probably in my XBLA Top 10 from last year (it's a unique game, and I LOVE unique!). It's a "high score" kind of game, but I definitely got addicted to moving up the leaderboards! And it should be a fairly easy 200, it was for me.[/QUOTE]

I marked it as a recently reduced, along with a bunch of other stuff. I'll create dedicated posts for them later today.

Any opinions on Lara Croft:GOL DLC. I got it for $5 at BBY a few months back but have not had the time to try it. It does not add any achievements so I am not sure if i would even want to spend the time.

Edit: It is funny how I have waited for Sales like Lara Croft Underworld but now I am not sure if $10 is worth it for 2 DLCs for a game I own but have not played yet. I would hate to not like the game and then have 2 bits of DLC...plus even on sale $10 is more than I paid for the game to begin with. They seem to be rated highly on xbox.com though.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

I understand the 5% cash back reasoning, but never buy anything the Monday night before Major Nelson announces the next two weeks of deals.[/QUOTE]
werd

Awesome deals. Just got Bastion and the Deus Ex DLC. Remember near the end of last year when we were talking about how crappy the deals were? M$ has stepped it up.

For the JC2 dlc, the only one in the list is the Black Market Aerial Pack for 80 (which I'm totally getting), but the other dlc, like the monster truck, hover craft, and several assorted weapons are also 80 msp. Does anyone know if they're on sale? or if that is the regular price?

Thanks.

Ah finally a sale on NBA Jam. Was waiting for that sale to show during the sale days of XMas and it never happened. I wish I could grab it for 600 but I'll bite at 800.

Otherwise meh sale, maybe bite on Crimson Alliance at 400 it just seemed ok.

No Catherine as Games on Demand? So now we have timed downloadable games on PSN vs XBL? lol

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks Chrono. Any recommendation on which class to get? I'm leaning towards mercenary, which is what I usually play in these types of games. However, because of the weird pricing, it's basically $7 for one class and then only $3 for the other 2 classes, so I may just want to break down and buy all 3. Though I don't plan on returning to the game after I beat it. Decisions, decisions.

Most the reviews tend to say Crimson Alliance is better in co-op, but more than likely I'll play it single player. Anyone play it single player, and how is it?[/QUOTE]
I would probably recommend doing a run through of the first level with each class and see if either of the other two interest you. Just an FYI you don't need to buy all 3 to get the acheivement for beating the first level with all 3. Once one is unlocked you can earn that achievement. If you are that on the fence about it I would just go ahead and splurge the extra $3. Worst case scenario you are out $3. If/when I go to play it again I'll run with the warrior I think. I always play mages and CA was no exception. My brother did play the rogue and he seemed pretty happy with it other than his blocking ability wasn't as good as mine or the warrior's.

As far as being better in multiplayer I would agree. Like most coop games it is better with more players. However, it is soloable and is enjoyable as such.

[quote name='AgentW']For the JC2 dlc, the only one in the list is the Black Market Aerial Pack for 80 (which I'm totally getting), but the other dlc, like the monster truck, hover craft, and several assorted weapons are also 80 msp. Does anyone know if they're on sale? or if that is the regular price?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Here is my Square Enix summary:
http://xbldb.com/deals/sale-2012-02-07-square-enix

It has items no listed on the xbox.com summary, Tomb Raider and Just Cause 2, come to mind as having extras. If it isn't listed there it's probably regular price or you could search for the offer and see it complete price history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back