XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
X-Men Origins DLC is literally just a combat room where you can spawn doods to fight. It's not really worth the price. A preorder goodie back before they figured they could offload those for cheap Deus Ex/JC2 style

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Since everyone is weighing in on Castle Crashers I am going to also.

IMO -

The 3 most overrated XBLA Games:
1. Castle Crashers
2. Braid
3. Shadow Complex

The 3 most underrated XBLA Games:
1. Geometry Wars (1 & 2 really)
2. Torchlight
3. Puzzle Quest[/QUOTE]

You are apparently drinking too much "soda". Shadow Complex is.... how do the kids say it these days? Oh yeah.. "The bomb diggity". Puzzle Quest and Torchlight are awesome so you get no complaint there. Castle Crashers I love. Braid... I own Braid. Had it for 2 years. Never played it beyond the demo.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']You are apparently drinking too much "soda". Shadow Complex is.... how do the kids say it these days? Oh yeah.. "The bomb diggity". Puzzle Quest and Torchlight are awesome so you get no complaint there. Castle Crashers I love. Braid... I own Braid. Had it for 2 years. Never played it beyond the demo.[/QUOTE] I think Shadow Complex is a good game. I just didn't think it was so great like everyone else. I really didn't understand why everyone loved it so much. Braid was good, Castle Crashers was ok too. But all 3 I bought on soooo many peoples recommenations and I just didn't find them that awesome. The 3 I listed as underrated I found to be the best on XBLA (Along with PacMan CE DX)

I remember reading that Torchlight did really well on XBLA, and the game has sold well over a million copies across all platforms. I don't think you can really call it underrated.

I'm not sure how Geometry Wars is underrated. They're critically acclaimed and beloved XBLA games, so the only way they could be underrated is if you think they should be bigger than Jesus.

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah I was not a Braid fan, either. Great art style and music, but the puzzles just weren't very fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge fan of puzzle games, and Braid is my favorite XBLA game. I was so proud of myself that I only had to look up 1 answer.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not sure how Geometry Wars is underrated. They're critically acclaimed and beloved XBLA games, so the only way they could be underrated is if you think they should be bigger than Jesus.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this statement completely.

Also, to make sure this thread stays off the rails, I'd say the most overrated are Castle Crashers, Trials HD, N+, and Pacman Championship Edition DX. Underrated would include Raskulls, Rocket Riot, Winterbottom, and Shuggy.

[quote name='Crono-00']I could have sworn I spent quite a few sentences explaining my dislike of a game was due to its mechanics and not its popularity. It probably was the great mystery, since I love the mindless button mashing, how I was unable to enjoy it as others do. I have illustrated all the mechanical reasons to how it didn't feel right to me in an earlier post ... but it was not due to its popularity. I can also take pleasure in popular games as well.[/QUOTE]

You did explain. I wasn't directing that comment at you. I just know there are a lot of haters for seemingly no reason and I expect them to start coming out of the wordwork. If you don't like it that's cool. As my dad always says "If everyone liked the same things, everyone would be after your mother".

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not sure how Geometry Wars is underrated. They're critically acclaimed and beloved XBLA games, so the only way they could be underrated is if you think they should be bigger than Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was gonna say. You cannot say that two of the biggest XBLA games are underrated. That's like saying Halo or Gears of War are underrated.

My underrated/underapreciated XBLA games would be both Penny Arcade Adventures episodes, Chime, Joe Danger SE, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My underrated/underapreciated XBLA games would be both Penny Arcade Adventures episodes, Chime, Joe Danger SE, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD.[/QUOTE]

Space Invaders IG is fucking amazing. I wish it would go on sale on PSN (again?) so I could play it again for some trophies.

Do we really need to debate this...the most underrated game by far is
Risk: Factions

Edit: Well I see I shut that down proper :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My underrated/underapreciated XBLA games would be both Penny Arcade Adventures episodes, Chime, Joe Danger SE, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD.[/QUOTE]

Penny Arcade and Spaced Invaders IG are both EXCELLENT and underrated games. Totally forgot about these because I have them on PSN. Swarm, Mercury Hg, and Fancy Pants Adventures are three more underrated hits.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Space Invaders IG is fucking amazing. I wish it would go on sale on PSN (again?) so I could play it again for some trophies.[/QUOTE]

Again. I think it was on sale on PSN before XBLA, because I ended up with it on PSN.

[quote name='Thrinn']The Devil May Cry series comes to mind. Some might argue that that's not a beat-em-up, but IMO that and the modern Ninja Gaiden games are pretty much what the genre has evolved into. The later games in the series have some gameplay mechanics that are pretty tough to master.[/QUOTE]

No, they're a different genre. The one you're talking about is referred to as 'action.' There are similarities, but you might as well try to claim that modern Ninja Gaiden games are platformers since they have some jumping.

I always hate when people start making overrated lists, etc. because it's basically just an excuse to hate on or criticize something that lots of other people like. I do not see the need to do that...

[quote name='Barry Burton']take out that narrator and nobody remembers it[/QUOTE]

That's a poor argument.

Take out Master Chief and nobody remembers Halo
Take out falling blocks and no one remembers Bejeweled
Take out plastic guitars and no one remembers Guitar Hero

[quote name='Barry Burton']bastion is the most overrated

take out that narrator and nobody remembers it[/QUOTE]

Bizzare argument. The game is clearly crafted in an extremely specific way, one in which the narrator is the main storyteller and driving the story along.

So yeah, if it was an incomplete game with a huge part missing, perhaps we wouldn't still be talking about it.

[quote name='eastx']No, they're a different genre. The one you're talking about is referred to as 'action.' [/QUOTE]In DMC you run into a new area, then you're surrounded by a group of badguys with whom to deal out a few close range attacks, and you move on through a fairly linear game that is broken into stages. "But DMC has guns" you say. Even the original Double Dragon has guns. You level up and gain new moves, just like Double Dragon the NES. And didn't Dante have to fight off his evil brother just like Billy did? About all DMC lacks is a disembodied hand pointing you where to go next.

[quote name='eastx']There are similarities, but you might as well try to claim that modern Ninja Gaiden games are platformers since they have some jumping.[/QUOTE]
Except the primary concept behind NG isn't jumping, it's melee combat. Hmm, now that you mention it... DMC's and Ninja Gaiden's jumping mechanics are just about as janky as Double Dragon I & II's.

Please don't mistake this post as saying Double Dragon and DMC are the exact same, because they're not. Rather that DMC is an evolution of Double Dragon's core concepts. People seem to be locked into the idea that a beat-em-up has to a 2D sidescroller. They've evolved just like every other genre has.

[quote name='ZForce915']That's a poor argument.

Take out plastic guitars and no one remembers Guitar Hero[/QUOTE]

my point was the game play stinks

the narrator made it unique

[quote name='eastx']I always hate when people start making overrated lists, etc. because it's basically just an excuse to hate on or criticize something that lots of other people like. I do not see the need to do that...[/QUOTE]

I'd agree insomuch as I'd much rather hear people talk positively about games they like than negatively about games they dislike.

[quote name='ZForce915']
Take out plastic guitars and no one remembers Guitar Hero[/QUOTE]

Take guns out of Call of Duty and you have camouflaged men with helmets running around throwing bombs at each others feet.

[quote name='steveau']Take guns out of Call of Duty and you have camouflaged men with helmets running around throwing bombs at each others feet.[/QUOTE]
256px-BombActZerobox.jpg

[quote name='steveau']Take guns out of Call of Duty and you have camouflaged men with helmets running around throwing bombs at each others feet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bardockkun']
256px-BombActZerobox.jpg
[/QUOTE]

+1

A thousand times, +1

Out of agruements/discussions we are having, I see something I should try out:

Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

I'll get back to you guys as I try a demo out of that game.

[quote name='Bercelak']Out of agruements/discussions we are having, I see something I should try out:

Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

I'll get back to you guys as I try a demo out of that game.[/QUOTE]

I love the game on fruit devices, I think it may be on the robot devices too. I got this on XBLA when it was last on sale (since Taito is another absorbed into Square-Enix, a shame it is not part of the Square-Enix sale), but it currently sits on my 360's backlog. The XBLA version unlike the touchscreen versions offers a bit more precision control given our familiarity with D-pads/analog sticks, but I have not found a way to move from one side to the other as quickly as I can with a touchscreen, which may mean the game was designed with touchscreens in mind, and not much adjusted for a console release.

I am also looking at the Space Invaders: Infinity Gene DLC to take advantage of the 5% rewards. The DLC seems overpriced at 240MSP each for a total of 720MSP. I chalk it up to the "Square-Enix tax" for the higher than accepted price. However, this is content which I surmise has a low chance of seeing a sale. Can anyone here tell me about the value in these bonus stages?

That may be the only advantage, as having your finger blocking your view of your ship and the stage is a big issue even with some of the concessions that they made. The other weapons that you unlock help with any issues you have.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm assuming the ME3 demo isn't going to allow you to be part of the %5.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you are talking about the rewards, you have to be gold from 1 Feb - 29 Feb. So the ME3 demo won't help you.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man this thread has gone to hell.[/QUOTE]

You don't like the XBL DotW & Sales & Everyone Needs To Know My Unrelated Opinion & The Popular Game You Like Sucks thread?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man this thread has gone to hell.[/QUOTE]

Tends to happen during slower weeks. Guess there isn't a whole lot of excitement for Crimson Alliance. It's a good game. I guess the discount is not good enough for most.

Also the Square-Enix sale is useless to me as all the Square content I want is still not on sale. :(

[quote name='louiedog']You don't like the XBL DotW & Sales & Everyone Needs To Know My Unrelated Opinion & The Popular Game You Like Sucks thread?[/QUOTE]

Nah not really. Not a bad name though for the thread. Joey do your thing and make it so :lol:

[quote name='reddjoey']Assuming you are talking about the rewards, you have to be gold from 1 Feb - 29 Feb. So the ME3 demo won't help you.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Tends to happen during slower weeks. Guess there isn't a whole lot of excitement for Crimson Alliance. It's a good game. I guess the discount is not good enough for most.

Also the Square-Enix sale is useless to me as all the Square content I want is still not on sale. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't bought Crimson Alliance yet. I will get it by Monday, but the mixture of its unusual price structure and only being 33% off instead of 50% has made me delay the decision til the last minute.

As for the Square Enix sale, there's nothing that interests me. I'm not a big DLC guy, I think I've only ever bought DLC for Borderlands, Mass Effect 2, and Resident Evil 5.

The Batman sale next week doesn't do anything for me either. I had the game for 360 but sold it, and plan to re-buy it again for PS3 eventually. But even if I had it, no way I'd dip for the DLC.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The Batman sale next week doesn't do anything for me either. I had the game for 360 but sold it, and plan to re-buy it again for PS3 eventually. But even if I had it, no way I'd dip for the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot about the Batman sale next week. Might be suckered into buying the Batmobile prop. Is it just the Nightwing and Robin DLC packs going on sale? I'm waiting for the DLC bundle and skins to go on sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Totally forgot about the Batman sale next week. Might be suckered into buying the Batmobile prop. Is it just the Nightwing and Robin DLC packs going on sale? I'm waiting for the DLC bundle and skins to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it's just gonna be the Nightwing/Robin DLC. I would be interested if it was campaign DLC, but those challenge maps do nothing for me. The skins seem cool, but I'm happy to say I've never bought a skin before for any game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah I think it's just gonna be the Nightwing/Robin DLC. I would be interested if it was campaign DLC, but those challenge maps do nothing for me. The skins seem cool, but I'm happy to say I've never bought a skin before for any game.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to buy a skin pack either but the Animated Series Batman suit calls to me.

Batman dlc on sale for next week as DoTW? Holy craptastic! Whoever is doing the weekly deals for M$ has surely fallen off and into the crazy train. Fire that person, for majority of cagers are in disappointment!

Yeah the more I think about the Batman DLC I think I am going to pass. All the achievements require you to get all the medals on challenges and campaigns and they are only worth 100 total. I have not even touched Catwoman on the challenge maps and gotten past about half of the Batman ones. There is more than enough there to keep me satisfied. On a side note I went back to AA to try and finish those challenge maps and was stunned by how much more frustrating the combat was compared to AC. I had forgotten how the knife guys would automatically break your combo if you did not cape stun them. Combat in AC is much tighter but I did not like managing so many gadgets.

I finished Deus Ex and I was stunned to see I put 41 hours in this week on it. I am a bit burned out on it so I am not sure if I am going to tackle The Missing Link right now or wait until I feel like it will be fresh again.

Can't tell if this was mentioned previously since the thread got so off topic, but xbldb is showing Wheelman Premium Street Showdown pack as free. It used to be 400 msp. Just downloaded it from my 360 and the description states it "features 5 unique races that put you head to head against 5 other opponents." Has no achievements, but it's free and is only 15MB so why not?

[quote name='Dustinator']Can't tell if this was mentioned previously since the thread got so off topic, but xbldb is showing Wheelman Premium Street Showdown pack as free. It used to be 400 msp. Just downloaded it from my 360 and the description states it "features 5 unique races that put you head to head against 5 other opponents." Has no achievements, but it's free and is only 15MB so why not?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Any Idea what the difference is between this one and the previously considered free version? The descriptions are the same. Is is a total of 10 races then? I really wish more older games would do this. I guess it is still a possible revenue stream.

Edit: Ok the free version is just one race as opposed to 5.

[quote name='Dustinator']Can't tell if this was mentioned previously since the thread got so off topic, but xbldb is showing Wheelman Premium Street Showdown pack as free. It used to be 400 msp. Just downloaded it from my 360 and the description states it "features 5 unique races that put you head to head against 5 other opponents." Has no achievements, but it's free and is only 15MB so why not?[/QUOTE]

Great find, adding to download history in case I ever do get the game. Thanks!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Tends to happen during slower weeks. Guess there isn't a whole lot of excitement for Crimson Alliance. It's a good game. I guess the discount is not good enough for most.

Also the Square-Enix sale is useless to me as all the Square content I want is still not on sale. :([/QUOTE]

You may be on the money with the Crimson Alliance sale, I too have not decided yet. The DLC from Square-Enix I accepted as good a deal I can get at this time. Agreed, I wish more of their content was up for sale mainly because they tend to ask for so much in base pricing.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']
The 3 most overrated XBLA Games:
1. Castle Crashers
2. Braid
3. Shadow Complex
[/QUOTE]

Add Trials HD to that list and you have the Mount Rushmore of overratedness.

So I haven't touched Deus Ex really since I bought it after Christmas, but should I buy the DLC? I hardly sit down to game anymore (I mean I have the time, I just always find myself going out in my off time), but I'm going through Dark Souls at the moment. Just want some inputs

[quote name='jcp42877']So I haven't touched Deus Ex really since I bought it after Christmas, but should I buy the DLC? I hardly sit down to game anymore (I mean I have the time, I just always find myself going out in my off time), but I'm going through Dark Souls at the moment. Just want some inputs[/QUOTE]
you're asking us if you should buy DLC to a game you haven't played since Christmas, on top of the fact that you don't game anymore.

my answer is yes.

also, no.

[quote name='panda911']Add Trials HD to that list and you have the Mount Rushmore of overratedness.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the few people who wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back