XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zhane']So am I missing something here? Looking at the DotW section for Arkham city it has the bundles for 200 listed, but when I actually click on them to download, they're 360. What Gives? Was it only for 2 days or something...?[/QUOTE]

you're not the only one to misread/ misunderstand this new, completely stupid "save 200" that makes you think the actual price is 200. they need to fix that.

Has anyone made a list of dlc, etc that never goes on sale that it's a good idea to go for the 5% back on for before the month is over. Some things I'm thinking about Fruit Ninja dlc, Clash of Heroes dlc (so overpriced and for two measly achievements), FO NV: Gun Runners Arsenal dlc, Defense Grid dlc, and the Batman dlc since it's already on sale might as well get another 5% back.

I logged in to xb live for a couple of minutes late last night and got prompted to do an update. You know, the "you can't log in unless you update" kind. It took over 20 minutes to download and install. Anyone know what this is about? I didn't know a big update was coming. Like I said I was only on for a few minutes, so the only noticeable change was that the resolution on the dashboard changed. Things look a bit smaller now.

[quote name='ooga']I logged in to xb live for a couple of minutes late last night and got prompted to do an update. You know, the "you can't log in unless you update" kind. It took over 20 minutes to download and install. Anyone know what this is about? I didn't know a big update was coming. Like I said I was only on for a few minutes, so the only noticeable change was that the resolution on the dashboard changed. Things look a bit smaller now.[/QUOTE]

It fixed some color issues on the dashboard.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Has anyone made a list of dlc, etc that never goes on sale that it's a good idea to go for the 5% back on for before the month is over. Some things I'm thinking about Fruit Ninja dlc, Clash of Heroes dlc (so overpriced and for two measly achievements), FO NV: Gun Runners Arsenal dlc, Defense Grid dlc, and the Batman dlc since it's already on sale might as well get another 5% back.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice, especially "You Monster".

[quote name='drawingboard']More DLC that never goes on sale: The mp maps for Stranglehold.[/QUOTE]

Nobody plays that, though, so if you want those achievements you need to organize a match on x360a and get lucky.

[quote name='infamy']Nobody plays that, though, so if you want those achievements you need to organize a match on x360a and get lucky.[/QUOTE]It was difficult enough to get the MP achievements on the maps that did come with the game.

[quote name='GUNNM']I think capcom will be the first to innovate this. They already lock costumes and characters on disc why not extra moves and stages[/QUOTE]

Capcom will eventually lock out certain buttons on your controller and not let you use them until you buy the dlc that does so. WTF!! my jump button doesn't work.....oh right I forgot to pay $5 more to unlock it.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Has anyone made a list of dlc, etc that never goes on sale that it's a good idea to go for the 5% back on for before the month is over. Some things I'm thinking about Fruit Ninja dlc, Clash of Heroes dlc (so overpriced and for two measly achievements), FO NV: Gun Runners Arsenal dlc, Defense Grid dlc, and the Batman dlc since it's already on sale might as well get another 5% back.[/QUOTE]

Great ideas. I actually ended up getting most of the stuff you mentioned:

Gun Runner's Arsenal
Defense Grid: You Monster DLC (can't wait to play this)
M&M: Clash of Heroes DLC
Batman DLC

I also grabbed DLC Quest off the Indie marketplace for 80 points. Sounds very amusing.

If anyone else thinks of any DLC that never seems to go on sale, please chime in! Might as well get 5% back, like Fear No Darkness was saying.

Some XBLA games with DLC (mostly ones with DLC achievements from my own played list, so by no means exhaustive) :

Defense Grid
- You Monster mentioned above, also has 4 80 MSP DLC map packs. 3 of the packs have 1 achievement each, map pack 4 has 2 achievements.

ilomilo Autumn Tale - 240 MSP, 3 achievements for 50 GS

A World of Keflings : It Came From Outer Space - 320 MSP, 3 ach / 50 GS (just released in October, so a future sale could be possible)

Costume Quest : Grubbins on Ice - 400 MSP, 5 ach / 50 GS

The Maw - 3 deleted scenes, each 100 MSP. 1 ach each, 2 for 15 GS, 1 for 20 GS

Raskulls - 2 Reinforcement packs, each 160 MSP, each with 3 ach / 50 GS

XBLA DLC that has been on sale :

Peggle Nights - 400 MSP, on sale for 200 3 times. 3 ach / 50 GS

Trials HD - Big Pack 400 MSP, on sale once for 240. Big Thrills Pack 400 MSP, on sale once for 200. Each add 3 ach / 50 GS.

DeathSpank Thongs of Virture - Both were free at release for a short time (9/22/10), might predate xbldb's tracking.
Snowy Mountain Dungeon - 240 MSP, 1 ach / 15 GS
Tankko the Warrior - 80 MSP, no ach.
There's also N+ with 2 level packs for 200 MSP each (a 3rd one is free). No achievements.

N+ needs to go on sale for 400 or drop permanently. i reaaaaallly want it except i simply refuse to pay more than 5$ for a free pc game

[quote name='taylort3']N+ needs to go on sale for 400 or drop permanently. i reaaaaallly want it except i simply refuse to pay more than 5$ for a free pc game[/QUOTE]

I think it was on sale a few years ago. I know I bought and loved it.

[quote name='gage006']Any deals on points? I actually think I want all of the House Party games.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's dead, there was some guy selling points that was posted here but a mod moved the topic to the video game trading section.

[quote name='infamy']I think it was on sale a few years ago. I know I bought and loved it.[/QUOTE]

It was definitely on sale at some point because I own it as well. But I really didn't enjoy it much at all.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was definitely on sale at some point because I own it as well. But I really didn't enjoy it much at all.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember to much about it since it was so many years ago but I do remember thoroughly enjoying it and being happy when I finally beat it 100%.

I remember raging, though. It was hard, lol

[quote name='tylerh1701']It was definitely on sale at some point because I own it as well. But I really didn't enjoy it much at all.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Dying over and over again till you finally get the level just right (ala N+) will never be my cup of tea.

[quote name='infamy']I don't remember to much about it since it was so many years ago but I do remember thoroughly enjoying it and being happy when I finally beat it 100%.

I remember raging, though. It was hard, lol[/QUOTE]

Wow, if you 100%'d it, my hats off to you. I said "fuck this game" about half way through.

[quote name='eastx']Same here. Dying over and over again till you finally get the level just right (ala N+) will never be my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

What are your thoughts on Super Meat Boy? I liked SMB a lot. I think the reason I hated N+ so much (besides your reason which is 100% true) was because of the physics of running up slopes to get jumps right and the overall floatiness of the controls.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
What are your thoughts on Super Meat Boy? I liked SMB a lot. I think the reason I hated N+ so much (besides your reason which is 100% true) was because of the physics of running up slopes to get jumps right and the overall floatiness of the controls.[/QUOTE]

Soooo this! Plus the floaty jumping was just bad imho. Give me SMB amy day.

I don't know if SMB is the best platformer this generation but it's definitely in the top 5. I love/hate that game so much! I want that damn avatar award for beating the game but I gave up on the last (I think?) world. Really need to go back and finish it sometime.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What are your thoughts on Super Meat Boy? I liked SMB a lot. I think the reason I hated N+ so much (besides your reason which is 100% true) was because of the physics of running up slopes to get jumps right and the overall floatiness of the controls.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on N+'s controls and physics. As for Super Meat Boy, I own it on Steam but haven't gotten around to trying it out (damn huge backlogs). But I much prefer the style of platforming seen in Rayman Origins - a game I felt compelled to start as soon as I bought it, anyway.

I liked Super Meat Boy until the dark world and where 90% of the game was those stupid wall jump physics. Just felt like guesswork having to trigger precise angled wall jumps to loop around saws and slide JUST far enough.

When people say that deaths in SMB are your fault, I'm pretty sure that's proof that they haven't been very far past light world hell or are defining the term so far down as to be pointless.

Still, fun game.

[quote name='infamy']Unless it's dead, there was some guy selling points that was posted here but a mod moved the topic to the video game trading section.[/QUOTE]
Unless the points are in 100pt increments (via codes from Bing Rewards), or on US-English cards in laser-proof plastic ... then I'd stay away from private sales, since they very well could be either phishing attempts, come attached to a hijacked account, or the code isn't valid for your region (since US points != European points != Asian points).

[quote name='Cornelius']Unless the points are in 100pt increments (via codes from Bing Rewards), or on US-English cards in laser-proof plastic ... then I'd stay away from private sales, since they very well could be either phishing attempts, come attached to a hijacked account, or the code isn't valid for your region (since US points != European points != Asian points).[/QUOTE]

no there was a veteran CAG with lots of feedback on here selling them, I bought/traded with him once too, but I think he's out of codes now. otherwise yes I agree with you, but this is the one site where I have complete trust in the members. (as long as they're not new to the site or non-frequent members/traders)

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']I wish Catwoman was on sale too, My little brother has this game, and I'm gonna play his copy whenever I get around to it, but of course I can't use his Catwoman dlc code.[/QUOTE]
If you play on the console where that DLC was first downloaded, then everybody on that console gets to be Catwoman. Otherwise, you could also ask to borrow (play as) his gamertag on your console. Or you can buy a used copy of Batman:AC from GameStop, where all used copies come with a Catwoman DLC code printed on the receipt.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I don't know if SMB is the best platformer this generation but it's definitely in the top 5. I love/hate that game so much! I want that damn avatar award for beating the game but I gave up on the last (I think?) world. Really need to go back and finish it sometime.[/QUOTE]

Ya the last world (which is only like 5-6 levels) took me forever!!! My biggest achievement in that game though was unlocking The Kid from I Wanna Be The Guy. It's actually one of my proudest moments in all of gaming when I beat that 3rd spike level.

[quote name='eastx']I agree with you on N+'s controls and physics. As for Super Meat Boy, I own it on Steam but haven't gotten around to trying it out (damn huge backlogs). But I much prefer the style of platforming seen in Rayman Origins - a game I felt compelled to start as soon as I bought it, anyway.[/QUOTE]

My backlog is getting embarrassingly high as well. I'm glad I don't game on PC or I'm sure it would be AT LEAST twice as big as it is now.

I'm about 2 worlds into Rayman Origins. It's been a lot of fun but hasn't fully pulled me in yet. I need to get back to it, I think once I get to the more challenging levels I'll be more engrossed.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I liked Super Meat Boy until the dark world and where 90% of the game was those stupid wall jump physics. Just felt like guesswork having to trigger precise angled wall jumps to loop around saws and slide JUST far enough.

When people say that deaths in SMB are your fault, I'm pretty sure that's proof that they haven't been very far past light world hell or are defining the term so far down as to be pointless.

Still, fun game.[/QUOTE]

Shockingly, I'm agreeing with you again. Dark World is far too ridiculous to be all that much fun.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Shockingly, I'm agreeing with you again. Dark World is far too ridiculous to be all that much fun.[/QUOTE]

Dark World is insane but thankfully us Xboxers don't have those added Steam achievements, i.e beat all the worlds including the dark ones without dying.

Supposidely MS rejected Team Meat for these achievements because they were too hard, which is insane because I've never heard MS do such a thing.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I don't know if SMB is the best platformer this generation but it's definitely in the top 5. I love/hate that game so much! I want that damn avatar award for beating the game but I gave up on the last (I think?) world. Really need to go back and finish it sometime.[/QUOTE]

I'm down to the last two stages. One stage and the final boss fight. I feel like I can do it but I got a little burned out on it so I'll come back to it later.

Funny story, I beat the second or third stage in the very last level on my first try after stepping away for a week. Shocked, I said out loud "well I'm never going to do better than that today" and stopped playing. (I was taking 10-15 minutes a day to see how many levels I could do, I figured I'd take the one level in 2 minutes and step away)

TylerH, I'm a huge Bloodrayne fan and a huge Bloodrayne Betrayal hater, but I'm a little bit curious how you got the 8-bit Betrayal Bloodrayne gamerpic. How did you score that?

If it requires S-ranking those levels WELP NOT GONNA HAPPEN

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm down to the last two stages. One stage and the final boss fight. I feel like I can do it but I got a little burned out on it so I'll come back to it later.

Funny story, I beat the second or third stage in the very last level on my first try after stepping away for a week. Shocked, I said out loud "well I'm never going to do better than that today" and stopped playing. (I was taking 10-15 minutes a day to see how many levels I could do, I figured I'd take the one level in 2 minutes and step away)[/QUOTE]
The final boss has a level RIGHT AFTER it that you cannot quit out of without doing the final boss again. Come to the final boss with enough stamina for two levels or you will be frustrated.

[quote name='RollingSkull']TylerH, I'm a huge Bloodrayne fan and a huge Bloodrayne Betrayal hater, but I'm a little bit curious how you got the 8-bit Betrayal Bloodrayne gamerpic. How did you score that?[/QUOTE]

Haha fuck no on the S-Rankings. I couldn't tell you what I did to get it, I thought I just got it for beating the game. I also collected all 50 vampire skulls but I don't think that's what did it.

It possibly also came from holding down LT, RT, LB, RB, Back, Start, and then pressing L3 and R3 at the same time.

EDIT: It's for beating the game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328226 (read the first post there)

I've said this a couple times before, but I wanted to let you know, again, what a phenomenal job you do with these Xbox threads, Joey. I thank you, sir. Keep up the great work.

BTW, I voted for you in all the Cheapy Awards, so maybe you'll get some recognition (well, I had to vote for JP a couple times, too). Best of luck, bud! ;).

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm down to the last two stages. One stage and the final boss fight. I feel like I can do it but I got a little burned out on it so I'll come back to it later.

Funny story, I beat the second or third stage in the very last level on my first try after stepping away for a week. Shocked, I said out loud "well I'm never going to do better than that today" and stopped playing. (I was taking 10-15 minutes a day to see how many levels I could do, I figured I'd take the one level in 2 minutes and step away)[/QUOTE]
One of my best friends, Buft, beat the light & dark worlds in 3 -4 days after release on 360. He's a beast!

[quote name='infamy']Dark World is insane but thankfully us Xboxers don't have those added Steam achievements, i.e beat all the worlds including the dark ones without dying.

Supposidely MS rejected Team Meat for these achievements because they were too hard, which is insane because I've never heard MS do such a thing.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Downloadable games usually have 12 achievements, some have a few more. I don't see how they could have been able to fit those into the game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't think so. Downloadable games usually have 12 achievements, some have a few more. I don't see how they could have been able to fit those into the game.[/QUOTE]

Lots of games have more than 12, in fact the standard is 20, and there are some that have more. They could have easily been able to fit them into the game. Many arcade games have 300 gamerscore and Fruit Ninja Kinect I believe has 350/350. So if SMB has 200 gamerscore, and they upped it by 100 gamerscore (let's say) and added 5G achievements, that would be 20 more achievements right there (more than enough).

Of course, this is speculation, but it IS possible.

Here is my source, though:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/11/super-meat-boy-pc-achievements-too-hard-for-xbox-live/

"Eight images have been revealed of the new achievements, which Team Meat say were “rejected by MS for their difficulty”. Gulp. There will also be plenty of special guests to unlock in the game, consisting of a variety of new indie game heroes, two of which have already been announced, and are revealed below."

Apparantly Team Meat said it themselves, lol. And as an achievement enthusiast who has completed LOTS of hard games (DMC4, Ninja Gaiden, N+, SMB, etc), I have to say.. THOSE achievements would be the hardest ones I've ever heard of, feasibly.

Wood Boy Complete The Forest without dying

Needle Boy Complete the Hospital without dying

Salt Boy Complete the Salt Factory without dying

Brimstone Boy Complete Hell without dying

Maggot Boy Complete the Rapture without dying

Dead Boy Complete The End without dying

Squirrel Boy Complete the Forest Dark World without dying

Blood Clot Boy Complete the Hospital Dark World without dying

Missile Boy Complete the Salt Factory Dark World without dying

Demon Boy Complete the Hell Dark World without dying.

Zombie Boy Complete the Rapture Dark World without dying

Dr.Fetus Boy Complete The End Dark World without dying

:hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='twztid13']I've said this a couple times before, but I wanted to let you know, again, what a phenomenal job you do with these Xbox threads, Joey. I thank you, sir. Keep up the great work.

BTW, I voted for you in all the Cheapy Awards, so maybe you'll get some recognition (well, I had to vote for JP a couple times, too). Best of luck, bud! ;).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. There are a lot of CAGs working hard this year. I nominated Sylon for the Speedy award since his site gets the sales so quickly, and honestly makes running this thread so much easier at times.

[quote name='infamy']Lots of games have more than 12, in fact the standard is 20, and there are some that have more. They could have easily been able to fit them into the game. Many arcade games have 300 gamerscore and Fruit Ninja Kinect I believe has 350/350. So if SMB has 200 gamerscore, and they upped it by 100 gamerscore (let's say) and added 5G achievements, that would be 20 more achievements right there (more than enough)[/QUOTE]

At the time of SMB's release, 12 achievements was indeed the standard for an XBLA release. Any game with more than 12 achievements/200 gamerscore was the result of paid DLC. Fruit Ninja, for example, has 3 DLC packs that add 50 gamerscore a piece.

Only very recently did arcade games start appearing with 20 achievements w/o DLC. I think NFL Blitz was the first time I noticed it. Shank 2 has 20 as well, so that may in fact be the new standard. Gamerscore is still capped at 200 though.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I don't think they're allowed to add achievements without charging $.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the case for the most part, although a few games have gotten achievements added via free title updates. Bioshock and Gears of War 1 & 2 come to mind. Pretty rare still...

[quote name='crookshow']At the time of SMB's release, 12 achievements was indeed the standard for an XBLA release. Any game with more than 12 achievements/200 gamerscore was the result of paid DLC. Fruit Ninja, for example, has 3 DLC packs that add 50 gamerscore a piece.

Only very recently did arcade games start appearing with 20 achievements w/o DLC. I think NFL Blitz was the first time I noticed it. Shank 2 has 20 as well, so that may in fact be the new standard. Gamerscore is still capped at 200 though.[/QUOTE]

NFL Blitz and Shank 2 have 20? That's weird. It'd be cool if they increased the TOTAL GAMERSCORE you can earn from each XBLA game, but increases the TOTAL ACHIEVEMENTS they can have is just worthless. It's just going to create a lot of 5G achievements that aren't even worse chasing.

Also, Perfect Dark has more than 12. I found that extremely weird as well when I bought it. But as far as I know there are only 3 XBLA games at the moment that have more than 12 achievements (not included achievements added by DLC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back