XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']resident evil 4 has a full 1000 gamer score but its a xbla arcade game.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's considered a "Games on Demand" game, not an XBLA arcade game, which means it's considered a full title with 1000 gamer score.

[quote name='Smike']I believe it's considered a "Games on Demand" game, not an XBLA arcade game, which means it's considered a full title with 1000 gamer score.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Ditto on Crysis and RE: Code Veronica.

I like more achievements on XBLA games, think that's a good idea... maybe cus personally I very rarely go out of my way for achievements, so having more and more easy to get ones means I'll get them while just having fun/enjoying the game. and I can understand them not increasing the 200 points limit on XBLA because it'd mess things up with all the previous ones only having 200.

[quote name='crookshow']At the time of SMB's release, 12 achievements was indeed the standard for an XBLA release. Any game with more than 12 achievements/200 gamerscore was the result of paid DLC. Fruit Ninja, for example, has 3 DLC packs that add 50 gamerscore a piece.

Only very recently did arcade games start appearing with 20 achievements w/o DLC. I think NFL Blitz was the first time I noticed it. Shank 2 has 20 as well, so that may in fact be the new standard. Gamerscore is still capped at 200 though.[/QUOTE]
It's not. There have been a number of XBLA games with more than 12 non-DLC achievements before this year.

A quick look at Xbox360Achievements.com, Burnout Crash, Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Full House Poker, Iron Brigade, Joe Danger SE, Perfect Dark, Section 8: Prejudice, Stacking, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War have over 12 achievements for the base game that ranged from 15 to 17 to 20.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yup. Ditto on Crysis and RE: Code Veronica.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad all the achievements for RE4 and Code Veronica suck. It's like a kid made them.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I like more achievements on XBLA games, think that's a good idea... maybe cus personally I very rarely go out of my way for achievements, so having more and more easy to get ones means I'll get them while just having fun/enjoying the game. and I can understand them not increasing the 200 points limit on XBLA because it'd mess things up with all the previous ones only having 200.[/QUOTE]

My expectation is that they won't be easy to get ones though. Hypothetically, they'll take the 50 point "Beat the Game" achievement, knock it down to 20, and then create 4-6 new achievements along the lines of "Beat Level 1 without dying", "Collect all of collectible X,Y,Z in the game", and "Fully level up your character". If you don't go out of your way to get achievements, more than likely you won't get any of those, and actually be out more points than if there were only 12 achievements.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not. There have been a number of XBLA games with more than 12 non-DLC achievements before this year.

A quick look at Xbox360Achievements.com, Burnout Crash, Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Full House Poker, Iron Brigade, Joe Danger SE, Perfect Dark, Section 8: Prejudice, Stacking, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War have over 12 achievements for the base game that ranged from 15 to 17 to 20.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a lot more than I thought. They all are quite a bit newer than SMB tho, except Perfect Dark.

[quote name='infamy']It's too bad all the achievements for RE4 and Code Veronica suck. It's like a kid made them.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about CV, but would have been awesome to see a full 40-50 achievements for RE4. Even worse, the PSN version doesn't have a platinum and only 1 gold trophy. So it's on the same plane as 3-4 hour downloadable games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's not. There have been a number of XBLA games with more than 12 non-DLC achievements before this year.

A quick look at Xbox360Achievements.com, Burnout Crash, Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Full House Poker, Iron Brigade, Joe Danger SE, Perfect Dark, Section 8: Prejudice, Stacking, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War have over 12 achievements for the base game that ranged from 15 to 17 to 20.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I knew there have been a few exceptions, but the "standard" has always been 12. Only a small handful have bucked that trend.

Anyway, looking at some more recent arcade releases like Amy, Quarrel and Warp...these all have 12 as well so perhaps Blitz and Shank 2 are just more anomalies.

[quote name='Cornelius']If you play on the console where that DLC was first downloaded, then everybody on that console gets to be Catwoman. Otherwise, you could also ask to borrow (play as) his gamertag on your console. Or you can buy a used copy of Batman:AC from GameStop, where all used copies come with a Catwoman DLC code printed on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

I ended up buying a code from a CAG who had an extra. I'm off at college so I couldn't play on his console. This way I can just borrow his copy and still play on my profile. Thanks for responding though.

I'm pretty sure I remember Perfect Dark being the first one with 20 achievements.

[quote name='infamy']Super Meat Boy is pretty amazing. And yeah I have every achievement in N+ but SMB is a way harder game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RollingSkull']I liked Super Meat Boy until the dark world and where 90% of the game was those stupid wall jump physics. Just felt like guesswork having to trigger precise angled wall jumps to loop around saws and slide JUST far enough.

When people say that deaths in SMB are your fault, I'm pretty sure that's proof that they haven't been very far past light world hell or are defining the term so far down as to be pointless.

Still, fun game.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved Super Meat Boy, but I stopped after beating the light world, can't imagine how hard the Dark World can get.

The greater flexibility in how many achievements can be a great thing because they can offer a better variety of things to do that gets cut with a smaller limitation. Just look at Torchlight's achievements on XBLA and Steam to see that one game has extremely basic achievements while the other has lots of long-term goals that emphasize playing with multiple classes and trying out every aspect of that game for added replay value. They're almost two completely different games in that way despite having pretty much the same amount of content.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My expectation is that they won't be easy to get ones though. Hypothetically, they'll take the 50 point "Beat the Game" achievement, knock it down to 20, and then create 4-6 new achievements along the lines of "Beat Level 1 without dying", "Collect all of collectible X,Y,Z in the game", and "Fully level up your character". If you don't go out of your way to get achievements, more than likely you won't get any of those, and actually be out more points than if there were only 12 achievements.

[/QUOTE]

good point. and that kinda sucks.

one noticeable game I played thru recently that sucked for achievements was Homefront, I played through and beat the game and had like around or less than 200 achievement points at the end. the campaign was pretty good though, but still disappointing to end up with not much achievement points at the end

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']good point. and that kinda sucks.

one noticeable game I played thru recently that sucked for achievements was Homefront, I played through and beat the game and had like around or less than 200 achievement points at the end. the campaign was pretty good though, but still disappointing to end up with not much achievement points at the end[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I like to see about 50% of achievements come from the main story. I don't replay games for achievements too much, unless its something that sounds fun to do. My backlog is just too big to replay games, grind stats, etc.

[quote name='Mr. Sax Appeal']

I absolutely loved Super Meat Boy, but I stopped after beating the light world, can't imagine how hard the Dark World can get.[/QUOTE]

The Dark World is hard but its even worse A+-ing the levels. Your fingers get numb after trying so many times, but I realized if I only play a little bit at a time (a few lvls a day) it became much easier.

Still, not recommended for the faint of heart.

[quote name='infamy']
Still, not recommended for the faint of heart.[/QUOTE]

I know enough not to even attempt it. My hand-eye coordination is absolutely horrible. :wall:

Played the demo for Super Meat Boy and just never got into it. I bought N+ years ago for $5 and after playing it for 15 minutes, just never went back to it.. those kinda games just aren't my thing anymore.

And since won't know what the deal of the week is for another 36 hours, my guess is Bad Company 2 or Bioshock 2 dlc repeats. It's about that time again.....

[quote name='Dustinator']And since won't know what the deal of the week is for another 36 hours, my guess is Bad Company 2 or Bioshock 2 dlc repeats. It's about that time again.....[/QUOTE]

Wow sure hope not. Although I actually need the Minerva's Den DLC now that I have Bioshock 2 on 360 instead of PS3. But that usually goes on sale during 2K publisher sales and shouldn't interfere with DotW anyway.

For some reason, I'm getting my hopes up for Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they'll be dashed to smithereens, but I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For some reason, I'm getting my hopes up for Tuesday. I'm pretty sure they'll be dashed to smithereens, but I guess I haven't learned my lesson yet.[/QUOTE]

That makes 2 of us. I always get my hopes up but I feel like I can expect something weak since it's House Party time.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']That makes 2 of us. I always get my hopes up but I feel like I can expect something weak since it's House Party time.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, House Party. And the biggest release of the House Party coming out Tuesday. Maybe I need to keep my expectations in check.

But MS, please be aware that I'm ready to bite on Toy Soldiers 2 or Iron Brigade at 800msp. Make it happen please! :)

Im with you guys...Looking at feburary 2011 discounts..there were discounts on pretty much all shooters/fps games.

My guess this week? Maybe raskulls, ilomilo, stacking or breach....

I'm hoping that Guardian Heroes goes on sale, but with the house party going on my guess is that it will be dlc for a random game, RDR hasn't been on sale for a month or two. lol

[quote name='tylerh1701']NFL Blitz and Shank 2 have 20? That's weird. It'd be cool if they increased the TOTAL GAMERSCORE you can earn from each XBLA game, but increases the TOTAL ACHIEVEMENTS they can have is just worthless. It's just going to create a lot of 5G achievements that aren't even worse chasing.

Also, Perfect Dark has more than 12. I found that extremely weird as well when I bought it. But as far as I know there are only 3 XBLA games at the moment that have more than 12 achievements (not included achievements added by DLC).[/QUOTE]

Are you on crack?? there is plenty of xbla games with over 12 achievements pre dlc

[quote name='wEEman33']Hardest achievement on XBLA is getting a 1-credit clear on Smash TV.[/QUOTE]

The Game Master achievement is unobtainable.

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']Are you on crack?? there is plenty of xbla games with over 12 achievements pre dlc[/QUOTE]

Has already been addressed.

Seriously. WTF is with the pricing for the DLC on Star Wars Force Unleashed? The DLC Campaign for Force Unleashed 2 was only 80 points, but they want 800 a piece for the Force Unleashed _1_ DLC campaigns. Am I the only one that finds that a bit retarded!?!?!? Was it not bad enough the Ultimate Sith Edition was so under printed that it's stupid expensive now?

[quote name='Viper187']Seriously. WTF is with the pricing for the DLC on Star Wars Force Unleashed? The DLC Campaign for Force Unleashed 2 was only 80 points, but they want 800 a piece for the Force Unleashed _1_ DLC campaigns. Am I the only one that finds that a bit retarded!?!?!? Was it not bad enough the Ultimate Sith Edition was so under printed that it's stupid expensive now?[/QUOTE]

Yeah some DLC is insanely priced. I want the Castlevania:LoS DLC but It's too expensive at the current market price. Oh and Duke Nukem. $10 for DLC??? REALLY? The game was $10 for months! (or less!)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah some DLC is insanely priced. I want the Castlevania:LoS DLC but It's too expensive at the current market price. Oh and Duke Nukem. $10 for DLC??? REALLY? The game was $10 for months! (or less!)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I just got 1000GS on Vania last week. I'm itching to get that DLC. I actually enjoyed the game, and only paid $15 for a new copy, so it won't be THAT bad to spend on the DLC, but it still sucks.

[quote name='Viper187']Seriously. WTF is with the pricing for the DLC on Star Wars Force Unleashed? The DLC Campaign for Force Unleashed 2 was only 80 points, but they want 800 a piece for the Force Unleashed _1_ DLC campaigns. Am I the only one that finds that a bit retarded!?!?!? Was it not bad enough the Ultimate Sith Edition was so under printed that it's stupid expensive now?[/QUOTE]
buy the sith edition it comes with that shitty hoth map with no achievements

1 big reason stfu 2 dlc is 80 is the developers making it up to us for the game being pretty short. I also want castlevania dlc on sale. Heard both add quite a bit of extra gameplay

Speaking about DLC on XBL...anyone peeved at AC Revelations 1240/1240? Wtf, they couldn't add 10 more gamerscore? And the new DLC not out yet is also 250 making it 1490.

Same shit with Magna Carta 2. The worse is Condemned. 970/970. They couldn't even make it 1000GS.

#firstworldproblems

[quote name='infamy']Speaking about DLC on XBL...anyone peeved at AC Revelations 1240/1240? Wtf, they couldn't add 10 more gamerscore? And the new DLC not out yet is also 250 making it 1490.[/QUOTE] Eh, after getting tens of thousands of achievement points, I don't care anymore. Heck, even Once Upon a Monster has dlc which has 105 points that bring the total of OUaM to 1105. Odd, but oh well. More achievements makes me happy I guess

[quote name='infamy']The worse is Condemned. 970/970. They couldn't even make it 1000GS.[/QUOTE] To be fair, this was one of the early games in the 360's life cycle and is one of the rare games to have less than 1k. I believe the devs said they just wanted to be different and MS said it wasn't required to have 1000 in all the retail releases at the time

Achievements that don't end in 0 or 5 point values piss me off. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 screwed me over in my case, since I suck at the game and won't be able to get the other achievements that would even everything out.

On topic, I'm hoping for a sale on Alan Wake DLC for this week since the new game is coming out. If not, I'll just buy it anyway. "The Writer" is all I need.

Buying all 4 House Party games and getting 800 back (+5% back on 3 of them) is tempting, but I figure I could just wait for sales and end up with better deals overall. Alan Wake is the only game I really want out of the bunch. Plus, backlog.

[quote name='Dustinator']To be fair, this was one of the early games in the 360's life cycle and is one of the rare games to have less than 1k. I believe the devs said they just wanted to be different and MS said it wasn't required to have 1000 in all the retail releases at the time[/QUOTE]

Actually, in the early days of the 360, no games were allowed to have more than 1,000 achievement points, so if devs wanted to have DLC with achievements, they had to ship their game with fewer than 1,000 points available.

Battle for Middle Earth II and Project Gotham Racing 3 also shipped with fewer than 1,000 achievement points, but only PGR3 was ever patched to bring it up to 1,000 points.

[quote name='wEEman33']Hardest achievement on XBLA is getting a 1-credit clear on Smash TV.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Robotron Wave 100 is probably the hardest. Smash TV 1-credit achievement is glitched.

[quote name='shivan128']is smash tv no longer listed? I could not find it.

Edit: Looks like it has been decommissioned. Always late to the party!![/QUOTE]

Wait, Smash TV is off XBLA? Since when?

Wonder if microsoft would ever consider putting these games back up for a day and advertising it on the dashboard. I guess licenses and royalties would pretty much dash my hopes to ever get Gauntlet and Smash TV on my xbox console. At least there's PSN!

[quote name='Viper187']Another reason I hate buying digital content. When it's on disc, it's there to stay.[/QUOTE]

In that regard it's exactly like a disc. It's available for sale for a set amount of time, then it stops being sold. Once it's pulled from the marketplace you and still play it and download it again and again.

[quote name='Viper187']Another reason I hate buying digital content. When it's on disc, it's there to stay.[/QUOTE]

Right on ... However, since I no longer have my NES or SNES, I would like to have a copy of the game at least on my console. Too bad though.

Disks are better all around, especially for collection purposes.

[quote name='GUNNM']game has been gone for two years and you people barely noticed now you complain that you want it[/QUOTE]

If I had an xbox 360 2 years ago, I would have purchased it. Troll on.

People who bought Smash TV when it was available are still able to play the game. The 360 port wasn't particularly amazing to begin with. Digital games also tend to have a much, much longer shelf life than their boxed counterparts. Yes, second hand copies are another story. They'll still be selling Smash TV digitally on one platform or another long after we're all gone.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Actually, in the early days of the 360, no games were allowed to have more than 1,000 achievement points, so if devs wanted to have DLC with achievements, they had to ship their game with fewer than 1,000 points available.

Battle for Middle Earth II and Project Gotham Racing 3 also shipped with fewer than 1,000 achievement points, but only PGR3 was ever patched to bring it up to 1,000 points.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know that. Never said games couldn't go over 1k(and they couldn't back in the day), just said that they could be under 1000 if they wanted it to be......oh and achievements that don't end in 0 or 5 really irk me. I am OCD with that and I've come to accept it.

Now, back on topic.....just signed on to my 360 and looked under add-ons, and "Junk Fu" another Kinect Fun Labs app is FREE. It was like 160 MB or something like that. Get it while it's hot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back