XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
It was at the end of March last year that MS had a huge unannounced sale, and I've noticed they usually do those at the end of a quarter, so we might be in for some really good deals this week.

Still considering getting the LoS DLC....but don't even own the game yet....hmm...
I think I am going to risk it and see what's on deal for the next two weeks and then decide (and hope the DLC is still up for 400 each tomorrow by making the decision)

MW3 ads are one thing, but I'm much more offended by the World of Warcraft ads.

[quote name='ooga']Oh No!

Seriously, how can anyone get excited about a Dragon's Lair release anymore? It barely qualifies as a game and the "wow factor" from the visuals back in the 80s no longer applies.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's possible someone else enjoys something even though you don't? I know that's crazy talk here on the internet.

[quote name='Survivalism']
Maybe it's possible someone else enjoys something even though you don't? I know that's crazy talk here on the internet.[/QUOTE]

It is crazy talk.
Anyway, I was talking more about how many times this game has been available in various formats over the years. Hell, I still have my Commodore Amiga copy. Most people who are looking forward to this game already had the opportunity to pick it up before in a different format.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah this thread, namely the OP, is pretty much all you ever need. A lot of people probably get their info from Major Nelson's blog as well. And xbldb.com price history is great too.[/QUOTE]

Reddjoey for president?

Dragons lair was one of the first psn games I bought. Pretty sure I got it during a sale for cheap. I don't even think I'd spend 160 points if it ever went on sale for that on xbox. I never played the original and thats why I bought it in the first place. At least the psn version had the ability to just watch all the scenes in a row without having to play so I could see the ending. I own the second one also. Think I bought them at the same time. Would not recommend at all to someone who has never played before.

Still can't make up my mind on ZA: never die alone. Posted on facebook to see if any of my friends want to try it and if I can get one of them to get to play with me then I'll get it.

[quote name='Bradisback']Sine Mora is very good! I was pleasantly suprised by it.[/QUOTE]

+1
I bought code early from CAG member and have blast with the game. Heard some comments like ''Blah, looks like casual euro shmup with shiny graphics'', i had to say the game is brutal in hard and insane difficulty settings.
Design of the bosses is fantastic and the battles are really entertaining. :) Clearly you can say the game is made from a shmup fans for shmup fans.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']How often does the nba 2k12 dlc go on sale[/QUOTE]

It went on sale once and probably never will again considering its a yearly sports game.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']It was at the end of March last year that MS had a huge unannounced sale, and I've noticed they usually do those at the end of a quarter, so we might be in for some really good deals this week.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya!!! Damn it, you are gonna get my hopes up! Hopes that are sure to be crushed by a CoD DLC sale!

[quote name='KtMack23']It went on sale once and probably never will again considering its a yearly sports game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it may drop in price in a year or so from now, but I don't see that one popping up again.

I know the new deal doesnt go live til tuesday, but don't they have the next week announced usually by now? I need to know whether or not to spend my points on the LoS DLC...

Hell with it....I picked up the Castlevania LOS DLC. Probably will never play it, but it's only 800 MSPs.
I have to make some time to play the main game....sometime in the next 3 years.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I know the new deal doesnt go live til tuesday, but don't they have the next week announced usually by now? I need to know whether or not to spend my points on the LoS DLC...[/QUOTE]

MajorNelson announces the deals every two weeks. Tomorrow he'll put up what's going to be on sale this week and the next.

Picked up Hard Corps: Uprising since I like the way it handles progression (rewarding you for playing it more) to get through the difficulty like some shmups.

[quote name='ooga']MajorNelson announces the deals every two weeks. Tomorrow he'll put up what's going to be on sale this week and the next.[/QUOTE]

Is the previous week's sale still active when he does? It doesn't help me unless the Konami sale is still active, is what I'm saying. xD

Thanks for the kind words guys, the positive response from the community really means a lot. As per usual, I'm in class most of tomorrow. I have a small break around lunch and will try and update the OP around then.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is the previous week's sale still active when he does? It doesn't help me unless the Konami sale is still active, is what I'm saying. xD[/QUOTE]

Yes, most old deals don't update until some time around noon. You'll have some time to make up your mind tomorrow.

[quote name='rey6eric']Yes, most old deals don't update until some time around noon. You'll have some time to make up your mind tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you should have a small window. Major Nelson posts the deals almost exactly at 6am Pacific, so go to his site then, see what the next 2 weeks contains, and then make your decision.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']So basically you have paid to get ME3 at launch but not playing until you can get ME2 dlc cheaper?

By not playing ME3 for a few weeks you will have wasted more than getting all ME2 dlc at full msrp

I can't see them detracting from the sales of the latest release at all.

Look at it this way, say there's 100,000 people that are in your position & even only 20% pay at full price that is a lot of money for them and they can still put the dlc on sale at a later date for the remaining . Which WILL happen, just not yet.[/quote]
Yeah, pretty much.
I got caught up in the hype over it and the potential rarity of the CE.
I also have a bit of a problem when it comes to buying games. I think out of 360 games alone, I have maybe 100 in my backlog? Maybe 150?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Yeah, pretty much.
I got caught up in the hype over it and the potential rarity of the CE.
I also have a bit of a problem when it comes to buying games. I think out of 360 games alone, I have maybe 100 in my backlog? Maybe 150?[/QUOTE]

sounds like you prefer hoarding games over playing them lol

[quote name='EYEL1NER']...I also have a bit of a problem... I think out of 360 games alone, I have maybe 100 in my backlog? Maybe 150?[/QUOTE]
:hot:Here I am freaking out when I hit a dozen on multiple systems, sheesh.
Let me know if you need some help dealing with your problem.
I could send you a self addressed mailer and return it when done!;)

I want to see more 400 msp games go on sale. They did that for 3 weeks straight and i was able to get some great games, most being sega classics. I would like to play altered beast and comic zone

[quote name='Barry Burton']sounds like you prefer hoarding games over playing them lol[/QUOTE]

A bit. Getting deals can be a rush. I enjoy buying them.
I actually just counted 360 games last night and am right at 270.

Decided to buy ZA: Never Die Alone at the last minute since there's a chance my wife would want to play it with me. I held off on Castlevania for the second time now. I see myself liking the game, I just don't see myself devoting the time to truly master it. Maybe next time it's on sale again I'll finally bite.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']A bit. Getting deals can be a rush. I enjoy buying them.
I actually just counted 360 games last night and am right at 270.[/QUOTE]

Lol so glad im not alone. I just love buying games when there are great deals. I have so many I almost bought a few doubles. I had to make an excel spreadsheet like my comic books just to keep track of them. :D
You beat me though, so far only 53 games + 20 arcade games.

Yep there comes more stuff seems there's a special sale going on...(already own Costume Quest and the DLC never would have thought the DLC would go on sale but well..it was worth it full price...alt least got costume quest half price...)

THQ related sale...

A shame we don't have You don't know jack over here =/ (same for apples to apples lol)

I'll definitely bite on Costume Quest now, I know I want to! :D

Hmmm... can't see the usual "Gold Exclusive", so it should part of the THQ sale as Antarael said... good, there's still hope for some other reductions like ME2 DLCs and maybe Pinnacle Station too, since I didn't grabbed back when they reduced it to 240 :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yay Stacking + DLC also on sale (was waiting for the dlc here =D)[/QUOTE]

Oh my, buying Stacking/Costume Quest and their dlc's asap. :p

Is this game Voltron worth 400MSP? Lol, Warhammer 40k Kill Team is on sale again.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Where are you guys seeing the new deals? Major Nelson's site isn't even updated yet.[/QUOTE]
spylons site, read faq in post 3

Definitely in for all 4 Jack Packs. My girlfriend and I enjoy it thoroughly and we are already more than half way through. This should extend its life a good bit for a mere $10.

Damn of course I bought Saints row 2 DLC two weeks ago because a friend talked me into play it with him. He all ready had it and wouldn't let us coop unless I owned it also. Oh well I'm buying a lot during this sale. RF: armageddon dlc, costume quest dlc, the jack packs, apples to apples and dlc, and the stacking dlc. Downloading the Voltron demo to try.

Hmmm, still not sure on Voltron, as the demo was really "meh", but I have no idea how the other 2 parts of the game (the shmup & the actual VOLTRON parts) play out. But judging by reviews & the fact the game was done by the same guys who did Sanctum of Slime, I'm not entirely sure if I should get it.

I do know I'll get Apples to Apples & the DLC.

& here's the Coming to XBLA blog. Joe Danger: Special Edition, Sega Rally Online Arcade, & Daytona USA are 1/2 off next week along with Forza DLC.

There's quick looks of Apples to Apples and Voltron on GB for those of you interested in more of the gameplay:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-voltron-defender-of-the-universe/17-5337/

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-apples-to-apples/17-5372/

Gonna pass on both of those after watching the QLs. Voltron indeed looks meh and Apples to Apples really only looks fun in local MP, which I have no one to do that with. I do want to get the Jack packs, even though I don't actually own the game. It IS on my very short list of games to get though.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hmmm, still not sure on Voltron, as the demo was really "meh", but I have no idea how the other 2 parts of the game (the shmup & the actual VOLTRON parts) play out. But judging by reviews & the fact the game was done by the same guys who did Sanctum of Slime, I'm not entirely sure if I should get it.

I do know I'll get Apples to Apples & the DLC.

& here's the Coming to XBLA blog. Joe Danger: Special Edition, Sega Rally Online Arcade, & Daytona USA are 1/2 off next week along with Forza DLC.[/QUOTE]

ohhhh...Games on Demand sale next week....Up to 30% off....please Crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back