XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
^Thanks for the info. Definitely not worth the effort for "could receive" and ~$35 price point. ($25 at Best Buy this week, but they're not open all night and being in the Mountain time zone I may be S.O.L. by the time they open). If it was guaranteed with a day 1 purchase of season 15 I'd probably go for it.

The problem with GoD service is MS/the publishers don't drop the prices fast enough to match retail/low prices on Amazon. Though I've noticed when Shadows of the Damned droped to $30 MSRP it dropped to the same price on GoD. Anyways, Steam kills the xbox when it comes to really good sales. I hope one day there are weekly sales for GoD and I might pick up a few games. Otherwise I've been spending all my points on DLC and the occasional XBLA game on sale (This year I only bought Alan Wake so far, kinda a slow year imho.)

Finished up Stacking along with the Lost Hobo King DLC. Great game, easily worth 800 points. Loved the music, the charm, just everything. Try the demo. I knew almost immediately that I was going to buy it after playing around in the demo for like 2 minutes, haha (although others in the thread have been turned off by it, so yeah, it's definitely worth a test-run to see if it's the right kind of game for you). Pretty tempted on picking up Costume Quest as well, but I have such a backlog, and it doesn't seem as unique or "essential" to me as Stacking does.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Finished up Stacking along with the Lost Hobo King DLC. Great game, easily worth 800 points. Loved the music, the charm, just everything. Try the demo. I knew almost immediately that I was going to buy it after playing around in the demo for like 2 minutes, haha (although others in the thread have been turned off by it, so yeah, it's definitely worth a test-run to see if it's the right kind of game for you). Pretty tempted on picking up Costume Quest as well, but I have such a backlog, and it doesn't seem as unique or "essential" to me as Stacking does.[/QUOTE]

Easy 250 and if you like classic rpgs like early final fantasy its a lot of fun lovex it. Best it twice to for one achievment I messed up on. Worth getting

Just finished Red Faction: Armageddon yesterday and the Path To War DLC today. Anyone hovering over the discounted DLC this week, I'd just (only just) recommend against it. The new guns are fine but missable, the plane level uses the same plane from the main game so nothing really new, and the tank mission is fine, but the tank controls are *just* off. If you're an achievement whore, however, I picked up every achievement during the 75 minutes it took to play through in Insanity.

RF:A (the main game) actually surprised me by being quite good - I was repelled by the demo and the loss of sandbox/choice, but the full game is really rather enjoyable. The magnet gun, the spend-salvage-on-powers system, the railgun sight... rather understated, simple fun. It feels more like a 1600MSP spin-off to Guerrilla than a full game in its own right, though, a la TLAD.

Got Costume Quest+DLC and Stacking+DLC for $16, pretty sweet deals as of late. Already went through more than 5000 points in the last 4 months. Still hoping the Mass Effect DLC will go on sale soon along with the Thongs of Virtue.

Bastion-600
Deathspank-600
Raam's Shadow-760
Hydrophobia-400
the Baconing-600
Castlevania LoS Resurrection-400
Castlevania LoS Reverie-400
Costume Quest+DLC-800
Stacking+DLC-800

Was considering stacking but I just noticed the 800 points from the House Party promotion was added to my account so I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope that I can snag a game that I actually want from the GoD sale

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Finished up Stacking along with the Lost Hobo King DLC. Great game, easily worth 800 points. Loved the music, the charm, just everything. Try the demo. I knew almost immediately that I was going to buy it after playing around in the demo for like 2 minutes, haha (although others in the thread have been turned off by it, so yeah, it's definitely worth a test-run to see if it's the right kind of game for you). Pretty tempted on picking up Costume Quest as well, but I have such a backlog, and it doesn't seem as unique or "essential" to me as Stacking does.[/QUOTE]

I liked both games, but Costume Quest was the more enjoyable of the two in my opinion. Might as well snag it while it's on sale. The game will go on sale again, but the DLC probably won't.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just noticed I Am Super! came out for Kinect Fun Labs for free. Maybe I should create a thread for it before someone else does? lol[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Looks cheesy as hell, but it's free. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='crookshow']I liked both games, but Costume Quest was the more enjoyable of the two in my opinion. Might as well snag it while it's on sale. The game will go on sale again, but the DLC probably won't.[/QUOTE]

Lol, fine, I bought it. Even had to spend another $5 on Microsoft points. :p

I'm really on the fence about the Dreadnought assault dlc for Space Marine. Can anyone here attest to it's quality and if there are people actually playing it?

Disappointed that they never put the right Warhammer DLC on sale, just for that I'm definitely not biting on Dreadnought Assault. MP-only DLCs only irk me when they're one or two of the DLCs I don't have (there's a million bits of minor DLC for this game anyways). Surprisingly, even though I had most of the stuff on sale (Homefront DLC, Saints Row 2 DLC, Stacking + DLC, Costume Quest + DLC), I bought pretty much everything else: Apples to Apples + DLC (the second DLC not being on sale makes no sense to me), The Path to War add-on for RF:A (I haven't even played the game yet x.x), and all the YDKJ packs. Teetering on a last-minute purchase of Voltron and/or its avatar crap because of nostalgia but I remember really not liking the demo (but it was better than Sanctum of Slime) and I'm not the biggest fan of twin-stick shooters but it's at that very-tempting $5 point, but will probably just save points for next week. It was a good week to already have everything offered in the DotW. Next week's DotW looks good, it's certainly fresh, might pick up all 3 arcade titles, but I'm definitely getting Daytona and Joe Danger, we'll see about Sega Rally.

Unlike a lot of you, I'm not going to expect much from the GoD sale, as the past sales have indicated them half-assing it. Besides, think about it. Why would they want to distract you from dumping your money into Forza 4 (which they published)'s DLC? Speaking of fat chances, I'd expect to see a sale on Iron Brigade/Trenched before I see Costume Quest or Stacking dip below 600, the fact that the DLCs for those games went on sale this week is jaw-dropping enough.

Speaking of Amiga nostalgia, a game collection I would like to see released on XBLA is the Shadow of the Beast series, if only for the sweet music. Or Zool.

Edit: Not for nothing Joey, but I can do the math about the % drops of the Forza DLC if you want, they're completely wrong on Major Nelson's site which I know is where you got your information. I know people might assume these sale prices are a better deal than they are if the %s aren't fixed, and the whole site is about saving money especially on impulse buying, right?

Edit 2: Gonna approximate, use it in the OP (without the stuff in ()s) if you so wish.

Forza 4:
-American Muscle Car Pack - 320 Microsoft Points - 43% off (you can bump it up to 45% but 50% is pushing it)
-December IGN Pack - 320 Microsoft Points - 43% off (same deal here, trying to oversell the savings)
-January Jalopnik Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off (it's about 28.5% so, rounding up, if you want a clean number 30% seems fine, but this one is definitely off)
-November Speed Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off (this one was really off too, guess they can't do math over there)

I appreciate Microsoft trying to make their sale prices match dollar amounts, but sometimes it can't be helped. Would rather have better sale prices. I don't see why the last 2 packs are priced $1 higher, either. For those of you who don't wanna do math, each pack was 560 MSP before the sale.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Teetering on a last-minute purchase of Voltron and/or its avatar crap because of nostalgia but I remember really not liking the demo (but it was better than Sanctum of Slime) and I'm not the biggest fan of twin-stick shooters but it's at that very-tempting $5 point, but will probably just save points for next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm teetering on Voltron as well. Just from the demo I can tell it's a little bit better than Sanctum of Slime, which I did buy for $5 a while back. I do like twin-stick shooters, but just off the top of my head I have Gatling Gears, Dead Nation, Sanctum of Slime, Aqua, and Zombie Apocalypse: NDA still to beat. Not sure why I would need another one to throw on that list.

I'm at 1450 points right now, so I figured I'd pass on Voltron and save them for RE4 tomorrow if it shows up. But then I realized that I want Daytona USA tomorrow too, so I'll need to pick up 1600 point card anyways if RE4 pops up, meaning I can pick up Voltron today if I want. Damn difficult decisions about mediocre XBLA games!

/coolstorybro

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just noticed I Am Super! came out for Kinect Fun Labs for free. Maybe I should create a thread for it before someone else does? lol[/QUOTE]

Interesting, xbldb completely missed that. I did manage to squeeze some time in this weekend to work on the scripts. I'm guessing I messed something up, xbla still seems to be getting scanned, not sure about 360 or pc games. I'll test and fix this tonight.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Edit 2: Gonna approximate, use it in the OP (without the stuff in ()s) if you so wish.

Forza 4:
-American Muscle Car Pack - 320 Microsoft Points - 43% off (you can bump it up to 45% but 50% is pushing it)
-December IGN Pack - 320 Microsoft Points - 43% off (same deal here, trying to oversell the savings)
-January Jalopnik Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off (it's about 28.5% so, rounding up, if you want a clean number 30% seems fine, but this one is definitely off)
-November Speed Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 29% off (this one was really off too, guess they can't do math over there)
[/QUOTE]

As I shared with reddjoey I have just added functionality to xbldb.com to automatically create summaries for use in forums. I even produce BB Code. You can find more details at:
http://xbldb.com/site-news/sharing-made-easier.html

All I ask is if you use anything from site site to keep the xbldb links and give credit when appropriate.

I don't generate for future sales but as soon as the sales are live the % off will be automatically calculated.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm teetering on Voltron as well. Just from the demo I can tell it's a little bit better than Sanctum of Slime, which I did buy for $5 a while back. I do like twin-stick shooters, but just off the top of my head I have Gatling Gears, Dead Nation, Sanctum of Slime, Aqua, and Zombie Apocalypse: NDA still to beat. Not sure why I would need another one to throw on that list.

I'm at 1450 points right now, so I figured I'd pass on Voltron and save them for RE4 tomorrow if it shows up. But then I realized that I want Daytona USA tomorrow too, so I'll need to pick up 1600 point card anyways if RE4 pops up, meaning I can pick up Voltron today if I want. Damn difficult decisions about mediocre XBLA games!

/coolstorybro[/QUOTE]

I picked it up on tuesday and by friday I had 200/200gs and I deleted it. Never to be played again.

[quote name='Spylon']Interesting, xbldb completely missed that. I did manage to squeeze some time in this weekend to work on the scripts. I'm guessing I messed something up, xbla still seems to be getting scanned, not sure about 360 or pc games. I'll test and fix this tonight.[/QUOTE]

It says today is the release day. Does xbldb track new releases that come out for free? I actually found this one myself this morning so I didn't mention your site this time. Hadn't even thought about it till you posted.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:bomb::bomb:Man i am,going to have a shitty sleep tonight worrying about if re 4 is going on sale or not. Ima be pissed of if it doesnt.[/QUOTE]

Losing sleep over a possible but unlikely $5 savings doesn't sound very healthy.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:bomb::bomb:Man i am,going to have a shitty sleep tonight worrying about if re 4 is going on sale or not. Ima be pissed of if it doesnt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's maybe 50/50 that it goes on sale, and I'm probably being generous. Definitely don't expect it though...

I'll wait until Sunday before I make my purchases so I can see what the new Reward is by then. I'm sure Joe Danger, Daytona and possibly whatever else can wait to be part of my growing backlog.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'll wait until Sunday before I make my purchases so I can see what the new Reward is by then. I'm sure Joe Danger, Daytona and possibly whatever else can wait to be part of my growing backlog.[/QUOTE]

Good reminder.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It says today is the release day. Does xbldb track new releases that come out for free? I actually found this one myself this morning so I didn't mention your site this time. Hadn't even thought about it till you posted.[/QUOTE]

Yes and they usually show up in the highlights page. I think I found the bug, well one at least.

My intent is for xbldb to track everything, obviously I am far from that goal.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I think it's maybe 50/50 that it goes on sale, and I'm probably being generous. Definitely don't expect it though...[/QUOTE]
it was just on sale on psn for 10$ for ps+ members. some sales do follow one another across the two systems, so i wouldnt be surprised to see it show up for 10$. then again, microsoft....

Im not going to lose sleep. You guys are crazy, and/or i made it sound bad. Re 4 sale could happen. Castlevania dlc went on sale, and i cant even count the amount of cags that said grubblins on ice would NEVER go on sale. So yeah, well find out in a couple of hours.

[quote name='taylort3']it was just on sale on psn for 10$ for ps+ members. some sales do follow one another across the two systems, so i wouldnt be surprised to see it show up for 10$. then again, microsoft....[/QUOTE]

Its already been announced that the sale will be up to 30% off, so $10 is probably out of the question.

If anyone plays Apples to Apples online frequently against randoms, the Bushel of Fun pack is well worth the 120 MS. It gives you one of the cheapest cards in the deck, "The Worm". Many a lobby lets out a collective groan whenever it's played. I bought it just because so many people played it against me.

I have a free in game item DLC code for Shoot Many Robots. You can unlock it through regular gameplay and this isn't exclusive or anything, but here ya go

Atlantean Deep Freeze

CKV3J-2WXTY-76YVX-J34FT-X3PWZ

Please respond when someone has claimed it

[quote name='harry hood']I'm not sure what you mean. Your sentence is really broken.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Maybe he meant that there's a code drop thread on CAG. Not that it matters, its your code, u can drop it wherever you'd like.

Thanks for the gesture, im not planning to get the game anytime soon so I didn't try for it. It has probably been lurked already.

[quote name='Spylon']As I shared with reddjoey I have just added functionality to xbldb.com to automatically create summaries for use in forums. I even produce BB Code. You can find more details at:
http://xbldb.com/site-news/sharing-made-easier.html

All I ask is if you use anything from site site to keep the xbldb links and give credit when appropriate.

I don't generate for future sales but as soon as the sales are live the % off will be automatically calculated.[/QUOTE]

FYI I just tested on Firefox and IE and they are not compatible with the way I am hiding elements. Only chrome seems to work. I'll look more into jQuery when I can since that seems to take into account the different browsers.

[quote name='Spylon']FYI I just tested on Firefox and IE and they are not compatible with the way I am hiding elements. Only chrome seems to work. I'll look more into jQuery when I can since that seems to take into account the different browsers.[/QUOTE]

Glad I use Chrome. This is seriously a lifesaver since my course load this semester is so hectic. I think I have spent 15 minutes total the last couple weeks on CAG aside from the time I put in on the thread.

[quote name='Bradisback']I picked it up on tuesday and by friday I had 200/200gs and I deleted it. Never to be played again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but did you *like* it?....Voltron that is. :)

[quote name='seppuku']Yeah, but did you *like* it?....Voltron that is. :)[/QUOTE]

the game wasn't fun but then again it wasn't bad or glitchy. it was one of those straight up shooters that didn't require much strategy or gaming skill. For me and my gaming group it was the nostalgia and the jokes about the game over Party Chat that made it 'fun' (i cannot remember how many times the crotch shot joke made us howl in laughter). think of it as our own kinda MST2K, but for games.

but yeah, once you're done with it, the replayability is zero. deleted it and i don't think i'll be downloading the game again.

[quote name='tylerh1701']LOL. Maybe he meant that there's a code drop thread on CAG. Not that it matters, its your code, u can drop it wherever you'd like.

Thanks for the gesture, im not planning to get the game anytime soon so I didn't try for it. It has probably been lurked already.[/QUOTE]
Yea I don't really care. This is the only thread on CAG I read so I wanted to share it in here.

[quote name='seppuku']Yeah, but did you *like* it?....Voltron that is. :)[/QUOTE]

Well kind of depends after getting the achievemnts I have had no desire to play it again. So I feel this game was worth only 200msp quality. But I got it with bing points so I really dont care lol

Now if acheivements are important to you, and how easy they are. Then this game was worth it.

[quote name='harry hood']Yea I don't really care. This is the only thread on CAG I read so I wanted to share it in here.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. And the code has been used.

Voltron was ok I think it was worth 5 for the 4-5 hours I played online with friends plus it helps if you ever liked the show. The online is very glitchy there was a spot on the second stage where 1 out of 5 of us had the game freeze every time we played that level. After the third time we just started a new game on stage 3 for the person who froze out. At least the achievements weren't glitchy for any of us.
I might play it again if any achievements loving friends comes over to help them get some of the non online ones in local. I don't regret buying it. If I paid anymore than 400 points for it I would. I liked how it had the old cartoon clips for the story.

As for apples to apples. I was playing single player without knowing the rules or anything about the game. It took til like the 8th stage and me losing about 10 times for me to realize what I was supposed to be doing and the answers were just opinions. Now that I know the rules I don't really care for it since I doubt I would ever have 2 other friends who wanted to play. I might get lucky with 1 who will play with me.

Got the YDNJ DLC as I bought the game on clearance at Target a few months back and I'm betting the DLC won't go on sale again before THQ goes bankrupt.

[quote name='reddjoey']Glad I use Chrome. This is seriously a lifesaver since my course load this semester is so hectic. I think I have spent 15 minutes total the last couple weeks on CAG aside from the time I put in on the thread.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like me and my site. I wish I had more time for it. Have you checked out the output that is being generated?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Got the YDNJ DLC as I bought the game on clearance at Target a few months back and I'm betting the DLC won't go on sale again before THQ goes bankrupt.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I should bite on them no matter what. Even if THQ falls, YDKJ should be fine, just jump to another publisher. Looking forward to the next release already :)

[quote name='Spylon']Sounds like me and my site. I wish I had more time for it. Have you checked out the output that is being generated?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow since I have an exam at 8:30 and then about 20 minutes or so between classes.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, I look forward to trying it out tomorrow since I have an exam at 8:30 and then about 20 minutes or so between classes.[/QUOTE]

Current deals is the one to use. The first list is all the "unknown" items, it is currently blank and all new things should show up there.

I'm west coast so may not be able to help if I have bugs lefts in the scanners. I tested tonight and I think I got them all.

Looks like no re 4, code veronica, dethsmiles, or crysis. Instead-

Mass effect 1- 1200 msp
alan wake, crackdown 2, fable 3, and halo wars- 1600 msp apiece
gears 1- 1200 msp
halo reach- dumbass price of 2133 msp

Sale kinda blows unless if you wanted mass effect i guess, saves me money

there has to be more coming because with the other sales they had more games up then you would think there should be some more coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back