XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Toy Soldiers dropped to 800. Not gold so I think it's one of the April Drops.

I don't think I'll be able to post tomorrow but it should be a big day, like always xbldb will be running. Tomorrow should bring new dotw, family pack offer, and the start of the recently reduced. Have fun sorting it all out.

[quote name='Spylon']Toy Soldiers dropped to 800. Not gold so I think it's one of the April Drops.

I don't think I'll be able to post tomorrow but it should be a big day, like always xbldb will be running. Tomorrow should bring new dotw, family pack offer, and the start of the recently reduced. Have fun sorting it all out.[/QUOTE]

This is good news =) now a sale for this game and it's finally 400 Points =P

I really liked Toy Soldiers Cold War in singleplayer and co-op, but man, the multiplayer was awful.

What's the deal with Cold War's DLC? Did it get cancelled?

[quote name='wEEman33']I really liked Toy Soldiers Cold War in singleplayer and co-op, but man, the multiplayer was awful.

What's the deal with Cold War's DLC? Did it get cancelled?[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this also. I remember it was planned for release a while back but was delayed for some reason.

[quote name='Jay']Is blacklight worth 400 points?[/QUOTE]

The game devolved into one side overwhelming the other and sitting in front of their base killing them because there were generally only two ways out and it's easy for the opposing team to cover. Eventually most people quit and then it was 2-3 people running around trying to find someone to kill. That was a year ago. I bet no one is even playing at this point. Even if people were playing the issue of one team camping the other wasn't solved and with the developer working on a new title it's unlikely that it will ever be patched. Don't bother.

[quote name='Bloomy']Most likely only if you get a group and play it in private (the match I mentioned above was private). In public Horde, some people will drop out immediately if they don't like the results of the map vote, and some will establish a base (to get progress toward a stat) and leave. And once 1 person drops out, the chances are high others will, too. Generally after wave 10 or 20, or if you fail a wave. It's a rare match where everyone's still around by the end of wave 20.[/QUOTE]

I had at least 5 different times of finishing 50 waves with completely random people.

Yes, plenty of times when people dropped out. But a few time when people dropped in late as well.

I think you're more likely to have 5 randoms finishing together if you play earlier in the day (we do have sleep, work, etc) and if you're cordial toward each other and talk to each other. I make it a point to make a dash for anyone that goes down, especially early in a match so they know that we're all in it together. No point in getting people in a bad mood just to get a few more kills.

[quote name='wEEman33']I really liked Toy Soldiers Cold War in singleplayer and co-op, but man, the multiplayer was awful.

What's the deal with Cold War's DLC? Did it get cancelled?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely still coming, they continue to confirm it on their Twitter and Facebook. But no dates yet.

Also, I'm torn on it. As much as I love Toy Soldiers 1 and 2, it really feels like they withheld the entire USSR campaign from Cold War so they could charge for it as DLC.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']This is good news =) now a sale for this game and it's finally 400 Points =P[/QUOTE]

Too bad that Toy Soldiers 1 DLC didn't get a price drop, I would have picked up "Invasion" in a second!

The actual game is well worth 800, but at this point it's understandable to wait for a 400 point sale. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Toy Soldiers 1 might be my favorite XBLA game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Too bad that Toy Soldiers 1 DLC didn't get a price drop, I would have picked up "Invasion" in a second![/QUOTE]

Patience, the month has barely started and the above is just my guess. Toy Soldiers could be the DOTW for all I know. :)

I do vote for the price drop thou.

[quote name='Spylon']Patience, the month has barely started and the above is just my guess. Toy Soldiers could be the DOTW for all I know. :)

I do vote for the price drop thou.[/QUOTE]

Ya, you're right. This is just a random drop at this point, there's definitely still hope for the DLC to drop as well.

Round of Newegg customer appreciation coupons just went out, the 360 accessory coupon brings a 1600 point code to 15.19$.

[quote name='Narsis84']Round of Newegg customer appreciation coupons just went out, the 360 accessory coupon brings a 1600 point code to 15.19$.[/QUOTE]

used the coupon to get the 4000 microsoft points for $40! unfortunately, they charged tax (I live in Cali) so it ate into the savings. But still, after tax, I still got $7 of free money...

thanks!!! :D

[quote name='tylerh1701']...As much as I love Toy Soldiers 1 and 2, it really feels like they withheld the entire USSR campaign from Cold War so they could charge for it as DLC.

Too bad that Toy Soldiers 1 DLC didn't get a price drop, I would have picked up "Invasion" in a second!

The actual game is well worth 800, but at this point it's understandable to wait for a 400 point sale. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Toy Soldiers 1 might be my favorite XBLA game.[/QUOTE]
I agree, just finished all the ach. in Cold War late last night and I found myself thinking that not only was it much easier than the original but that the whole Russian campaign was missing. The original is way up there on my list also and I can't help but hope the DLC gets a price drop, otherwise it will be back to trying to fly that damned biplane level for the brass hat ach. in Toy Soldiers 1!:)

As always, I'm in class all day so be patient with the OP tomorrow.

(in case you didn't know, I'm a full time college student who actually goes to lectures so I'm relatively busy this semester)

[quote name='dirtyvu']used the coupon to get the 4000 microsoft points for $40! unfortunately, they charged tax (I live in Cali) so it ate into the savings. But still, after tax, I still got $7 of free money...

thanks!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I have nothing in my inbox. Are these sent to everyone or only certain people? I get their weekend Deals e-mail as my last e-mail from them.

Any insight would be helpful as I could use some cheaper points!

[quote name='reddjoey']As always, I'm in class all day so be patient with the OP tomorrow.

(in case you didn't know, I'm a full time college student who actually goes to lectures so I'm relatively busy this semester)[/QUOTE]

If you could schedule next semester around Tuesday mornings we'd all really appreciate it. :)

[quote name='ShadowMillions']I have nothing in my inbox. Are these sent to everyone or only certain people? I get their weekend Deals e-mail as my last e-mail from them.

Any insight would be helpful as I could use some cheaper points![/QUOTE]

I don't know. I got my email about 3 hours ago (didn't check until I saw that other guy's post). I'm on their mailing list.

I don't know if these are unique codes or a generic one so unless I'm sure not to get in trouble, I can't post it. I'm sure some brave guy will though.

Rang up as $9.99 off. Then I had $2.90 in taxes (ouch). The rest of the country gets lucky (except for Tennessee and New Jersey).

With that Prometheus trailer released not too long ago, I've been itching to play some Alien Breed. It hasn't been on sale in a year, here's hoping....

[quote name='louiedog']If you could schedule next semester around Tuesday mornings we'd all really appreciate it. :)[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I prefer morning classes and being free from 1pm on.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']I have nothing in my inbox. Are these sent to everyone or only certain people? I get their weekend Deals e-mail as my last e-mail from them.

Any insight would be helpful as I could use some cheaper points![/QUOTE]

They are account specific. Otherwise, I would post it but it won't work. You had to make a "recent" purchase.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Also, I'm torn on it. As much as I love Toy Soldiers 1 and 2, it really feels like they withheld the entire USSR campaign from Cold War so they could charge for it as DLC.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, we'd still be waiting for Cold War to come out at all if they'd included that content. It literally hasn't passed certification (or hadn't when I checked in January), so it's not like the developer hasn't been working on it over time.

[quote name='Jay']Is blacklight worth 400 points?[/QUOTE]
I got it for the pc when it was on sale for 200 points. It seemed like a good game, but I never once was able to find a online match. And that was over a year ago, so I doubt anyone still plays it on the xbox.

[quote name='Buzzman']Anyone know next weeks Deal of the Week?[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson does!

But he's not telling. We just have to wait until early tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Narsis84']They are account specific. Otherwise, I would post it but it won't work. You had to make a "recent" purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply.

I don't purchase too many things from NewEgg, so I'm not that surprised, haha.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I got it for the pc when it was on sale for 200 points. It seemed like a good game, but I never once was able to find a online match. And that was over a year ago, so I doubt anyone still plays it on the xbox.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the game a little over a month ago. Played several online games and I never had a problem finding a game.

The more I play Joe Danger the more I keep thinking of that Trials comparison. Basically Joe Danger is to Trials as Burnout is to Forza. Really that's all that's got to be said.

Picked up the two XBLA Sega racers on sale, because with the knowledge of Arcade Next promotion may mean a drought of sales I'd be interested in, I will not make the same mistake I made before in choosing to pass up on Unbound Saga for a lowered price. While I can and probably could hit the online multiplayer quota for this month's rewards, I am already assured the purchases has already knocked out that catergory for the reward offer, and I still intend on getting Skullgirls (which I haven't decided to just get on launch at full or wait for sale).

Youtube is not an issue for me, I have plenty to look up for the time, but 10 hours of ESPN may be difficult if there's not enough basketball/football clips I'm interested in. I may have to try that other free app, Crackle, to make up for the remainder of the 10 hours under "entertained" for the Triple Play reward.

I did hope those Games on Demand would have offered the games we all had wanted on sale. When it was recognized as just a Microsoft Games Studio GoD sale, it is still disappointing that nothing was offered which would have put me at a crossroads. I would have seriously considered something like Lost Odyssey (which I believe is a Microsoft Games Studio release), since that one I cannot find for cheap brand new on a tangible disc.

When I think about it, most of the Microsoft Games Studio published releases I do not have yet and want are typically of the XBLA variety. One title you've been talking about are the Toy Soldiers games. Unlike many others here, I have trouble enjoying the game, because I got stuck on that mission where you have to only use a plane to stop all invading forces. I lack the skill to bomb accurately or shoot everyone down in once pass on the planes, so I stopped playing the game when I cannot complete that mission. It is still surprising the sequel has not seen a sale yet, given the rest of the last Summer of Arcade titles have seen a discount before. The lack of sales for the Toy Solders DLC brings to light how there was and are XBLA titles we want or have purchased because they were on sale, yet the respective DLC for those same titles don't tend to see a discount. There's so much content we could have on sale, which I hope we see later today.

Only a few more hours until we find out about this week's DotW. Like always, hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Was "What 2 Play" a result of our votes for wanting dashboard programming on sales? Well, it's redundant so far, it just tells us of sales of the current week which we can just find out from this thread or just digging into the crappy dashbooard. I think they misinterpreted, we wanted knowledge of future sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Pinball Arcade today, right? Right?! They can't find another reason to delay a pinball release, RIGHT?! Who's with me on getting this one?

I can't say I'm a fan of them bundling the packs with previously-released PHoF tables but more pinball in the world is never a bad thing.

[quote name='MasterL']Hopefully Half Minute Hero will get a sale some day[/QUOTE]

For the first time, I was happy to live in Germany because we got a deal on this while the rest of the world had Dead Rising Arcade Deals lol =P (Dead Rising games aren't available here)

(but really it's no fun if they don't even thin about releasing games like the first Gears titles or Dead Rising...Duke Nukem...Wolfenstein...and many more lol)

and don't even mention the entertaining apps lol...awful here just awful...

First Toy Soldiers game is 33% off now (800MSP). Maybe permanent price drop? It's not Gold only offer. Too much, bought a code for second game for $5 month ago.

[quote name='gubmccargen']So, Pinball Arcade today, right? Right?! They can't find another reason to delay a pinball release, RIGHT?! Who's with me on getting this one?

I can't say I'm a fan of them bundling the packs with previously-released PHoF tables but more pinball in the world is never a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow. Sales Tuesday, new games Wednesday. I hear ya, the wait is killing me too.

[quote name='gubmccargen']So, Pinball Arcade today, right? Right?! They can't find another reason to delay a pinball release, RIGHT?! Who's with me on getting this one?

I can't say I'm a fan of them bundling the packs with previously-released PHoF tables but more pinball in the world is never a bad thing.[/QUOTE]
LOL, on their FB page Sunday they said they screwed up the certification docs and that the game won't release until April 4, 2013. It was probably the funniest April Fools thing I saw that day.

Why does Major Nelson only post the deals once every two weeks? Why not just post them every week for the following week. This way there isn't this 6 day period (wednesday-monday) where no one knows what games are going to be on sale. If they were keeping it secret to try to maximize sales up until the sales date then why publish them for two weeks at a time ? If they list them early so people save up points/buy more points in anticipation of the sale to buy guys they normally wouldn't then this also makes no sense to me ? Am I missing something from a logical perspective here?

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']Tomorrow. Sales Tuesday, new games Wednesday. I hear ya, the wait is killing me too.[/QUOTE]

Duh, of course. I think I was getting confused with looking up the new PS+ releases for today.

[quote name='simmias']LOL, on their FB page Sunday they said they screwed up the certification docs and that the game won't release until April 4, 2013. It was probably the funniest April Fools thing I saw that day.[/QUOTE]

LOL, nice. Unfortunately, with pinball releases any nebulous far-off date is believable.

Picked up Hydro Thunder for 400 points late 2010. Definitely worth 600. Dunno how active Multiplayer is though.

Nothing for me this week though. Off to buy Daytona USA before the deal poofs. :p

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hell to the fuck Yes!!!!!!! both metal slugs are half off. Aswell with both KOF games and trouble witch neo. And you sillys said april was gonna have shitty deals.[/QUOTE]

if, this is the only good deal of April, I am super pleased : )

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hell to the fuck Yes!!!!!!! both metal slugs are half off. Aswell with both KOF games and trouble witch neo. And you sillys said april was gonna have shitty deals.[/QUOTE]

For the first time ever! Glad i didn't bought XX at full price. Metal Slug 3 was well worth at 800tps, now is no brainer.

Overall excellent sale this time!

This DOTW sucks because I bought all these games at launch and put so many hours into Metal Slug 3 it's probably unhealthy.

Seriously though, KOF Skystage is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back