XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']I already purchased Trouble Witches Neo but I haven't played it yet on 360, not because I am afraid of the oddly numbered gamerscore it issues, but what it may take to get the one that gives 13g
(based on the original game, I think it requires touching a little girl)
; if I have that someone will message me "I know what you did to get THAT achievement!" =P[/QUOTE]

The XBLA release has been changed slightly.
You now need to touch Autumn's hat to get kicked out of the shop, not her chest.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']2 reasons

1) it's a port from ds with nothing added to it
2) $15 price tag[/QUOTE]Nothing added? They added multiplayer, which wasn't in the DS version, plus a DLC character for only $1 & Combat School, which is basically a mission mode. Also, the PSP version which is also XX was $20. & I think the original DS version was more than that at launch.

Definitely happy about this week's SNK sale! I'd been contemplating picking up Metal Slug 3 lately, glad I waited! Will probably pick up XX as well, since more Metal Slug is always a good thing! (Now if only Metal Slug X was available. =( )

[quote name='harry hood']yeesh, disheartening. I'm a huge Metal Slug fan so I'll likely pick it up, but I didn't realize it was so poorly received.[/QUOTE]

A common complaint among the reviews seems to be that 1200 points was too much of an asking price. Gone are the days when Metal Slug games cost $300+ each. ;) At the current 600 points I would think that the reviewers would have given the game a slight bump in their final scores.

Before purchasing this game, I would really recommend giving the demo a try. To me the biggest strike against the game was SNK choose to apply a (Eagle?) filter to the game that gives the sprites an ugly watercolor appearance. There is no way to disable the filter. I really wish they had offered just simple scanlines as a display option.

I haven't found anyone in the couple times I've searched for an online game. SNK games traditionally don't run very smoothly online from what I've seen.

Unfortunately I'm not excited about this week's sales. I'm glad they are some games that are first time on sale, but I'm not interested in these genres.

Id love to see an iron brigade, toy soldiers sale. 800 points is still too much for me though.

SNK needs to make a new Metal Slug that is complete crazy in a way that none of the recent games came anywhere close to. XX is a safe, by-the-numbers Metal Slug game, so it wasn't all that exciting compared to what they did with the first few games. The series needs its Pac-Man Championship Edition DX that goes all out for the absurd since Metal Slug has always been known for that kind of stuff.

Definitely don't get any of these SNK games for the online play, because all of the company's games are pretty much uniformly awful online.

Finding randoms to play with is near-impossible, and every one I've played has lagged horribly.

That said, for $5 it's hard to turn down what's arguably the best Metal Slug game in 3.

[quote name='wEEman33']Definitely don't get any of these SNK games for the online play, because all of the company's games are pretty much uniformly awful online.

Finding randoms to play with is near-impossible, and every one I've played has lagged horribly.

That said, for $5 it's hard to turn down what's arguably the best Metal Slug game in 3.[/QUOTE]
I have a slightly funny anecdote regarding this.

A friend and I were wanting to get some of the ranked match achievements in Garou, since we were doing a bunch of VS anyway. So we took our respective profiles to two different xboxes in the same house. (ie behind the same router, on the same network. All wired.) Even in this setup, we still experienced what felt like a few seconds of input lag.

It was a pretty dumbfounding experience.

For any fighter fans though who aren't so concerned about online play, I can't recommend KoF98 and KoF2002 (especially 2002) enough. Both are considered the highlights of the series, with the best roster, balance (so I've heard anyway), and presentation for graphics + sound. Damn good fighters, and easily worth having on your hard drive for $5 a pop. :D

[quote name='Sath666']Metal Slug 3 needs mission select menu so bad. :([/QUOTE]
yeah getting the clear achievements on them is frustrating one mistake and you need to start over

Happy about the Max Payne sale. I played the first one back in the day, but never got around to the second. With 3 coming out next month (all videos I've seen look awesome), this is a great way to catch up.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I have a slightly funny anecdote regarding this.

A friend and I were wanting to get some of the ranked match achievements in Garou, since we were doing a bunch of VS anyway. So we took our respective profiles to two different xboxes in the same house. (ie behind the same router, on the same network. All wired.) Even in this setup, we still experienced what felt like a few seconds of input lag.

It was a pretty dumbfounding experience.

For any fighter fans though who aren't so concerned about online play, I can't recommend KoF98 and KoF2002 (especially 2002) enough. Both are considered the highlights of the series, with the best roster, balance (so I've heard anyway), and presentation for graphics + sound. Damn good fighters, and easily worth having on your hard drive for $5 a pop. :D[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've tried playing friends who live literally 10 minutes away from me in multiple SNK fighters, and they all have awful input delay online.

Offline multiplayer and singleplayer are the only ways to enjoy the SNK Xbox 360 portfolio.

[quote name='mpaullin']Happy about the Max Payne sale. I played the first one back in the day, but never got around to the second. With 3 coming out next month (all videos I've seen look awesome), this is a great way to catch up.[/QUOTE]

If i didn't own max payne 1 and 2 already I be all over this....dunno if it's being in the age of used video game stores or what but i think these games should be no higher then $5 tops

[quote name='harry hood']yeesh, disheartening. I'm a huge Metal Slug fan so I'll likely pick it up, but I didn't realize it was so poorly received.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it myself and never even got into Metal Slug but for what it's worth, my friend has been huge into the series since we were kids and his main complaint was the price, otherwise it was "good enough", just nothing great.

Most of the criticism I have read or heard involves it being an average game with too steep an asking price, so at 600 points your experience may be better.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']If i didn't own max payne 1 and 2 already I be all over this....dunno if it's being in the age of used video game stores or what but i think these games should be no higher then $5 tops[/QUOTE]

I agree. I still have the 1.49 price of 2 and .49 cents price of the first used sticker from gamestop on both my original xbox copies.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I agree. I still have the 1.49 price of 2 and .49 cents price of the first used sticker from gamestop on both my original xbox copies.[/QUOTE]

Lol. A quick Amazon search reveals that this sale isn't so great after all (you can get the first one for $.01 and the second for $.06). Oh well, I had some reward points burning a hole in my digital pocket...

[quote name='bardockkun']So opinion, but which KoF is worth getting? 98 or 2002?[/QUOTE]

'98 is typically considered the highpoint of the series. 2002 isn't too shabby, either, if you're thinking about getting both.

[quote name='Thrinn']'98 is typically considered the highpoint of the series. 2002 isn't too shabby, either, if you're thinking about getting both.[/QUOTE]
Could anyone weigh in on how they're different? (I'm no KoF expert).

[quote name='bardockkun']So opinion, but which KoF is worth getting? 98 or 2002?[/QUOTE]
You really can't go wrong with either. 2002UM has more characters and superior graphics simply due to the number of games released between titles. Both games are rock solid. My preference lies with 2002UM due to choice of characters (I'm a huge fan of K', Kula, Whip, and a few other peeps who only show up after 98) as well as a rather amazing OST. Higher quality sprites sure don't hurt either.

[quote name='Thrinn']'98 is typically considered the highpoint of the series. 2002 isn't too shabby, either, if you're thinking about getting both.[/QUOTE]
Is it? I honestly thought there wasn't a clear cut winner amongst most of the fighter community.The fanbase is rather evenly split and I've typically seen it come down to preference.

[quote name='mokmoof']Could anyone weigh in on how they're different? (I'm no KoF expert).[/QUOTE]
See above. 2002 = more characters, different (my favorite of the two) OST. The other primary difference would be bosses fought in single player. (Orochi Leona / Shermie / Chris / Yashiro, and Orochi himself vs Angel and the NESTS gang.) Remember though that KoF is a rather classic style fighter. You're not going to really get any sort of plot ending, just credits. (So don't expect much from either one storywise)

If any SNK fanboys could come along and tell me more in detail differences between 98 and 2002, i'd appreciate it. It seems worth it to just go straight for 2002 if you can only afford one, but I say this not noticing any significant system changes between the two. (Which would make 98 the better choice)

EDIT --
Though I just remembered that '98 does totally get another point in its favor for a SO-BAD-ITS-SOGOOD intro song. Damn that intro is catchy. :p

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Is it? I honestly thought there wasn't a clear cut winner amongst most of the fighter community.The fanbase is rather evenly split and I've typically seen it come down to preference. [/QUOTE]It always seemed to me that '98 got a bit more attention, but as you've said, you could find fans that clearly preferred one over the other.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If any SNK fanboys could come along and tell me more in detail differences between 98 and 2002, i'd appreciate it. It seems worth it to just go straight for 2002 if you can only afford one, but I say this not noticing any significant system changes between the two. (Which would make 98 the better choice)[/QUOTE]

I wish I could tell you the exact differences, but at the time I was too busy with the Last Blade games to bother with the KOF series. ;) This thread debates the question and may offer a little insight.

[quote name='Thrinn']It always seemed to me that '98 got a bit more attention, but I'm sure you could find fans that clearly preferred one over the other.

I wish I could tell you the exact differences, but at the time I was too busy with the Last Blade games to bother with the KOF series. ;) This thread debates the question and may offer a little insight.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough! Thank you for the link and delicious knowledge! :D

It's not sale related, but because people were wondering if it was still coming, I present the trailer for Toy Soldiers: Cold War - Evil Empire which just dropped. They passed certification, but no release date is attached.

[youtube]4YHxy_dOsYA[/youtube]

It is time to step into the boots of our Russian comrades and fight back as the Evil Empire! Deploy turrets, modern combat vehicles, attack helicopters and a slew of new tricks to destroy your capitalist foes! This DLC will expand your single player, co-op, and competitive modes. In addition, a title update for Toy Soldiers: Cold War will be released alongside free downloadable content to support play with paid content in either Xbox LIVE or local play. Think you have what it takes to stop the American aggressors?

Hmm.... I'm tempted by the Metal Slug games. I used to play Metal Slug 3 in arcades, and I liked it back then, but I'm not really a fan of the run n gun genre. I might pick up both though; I'll try out the trials first.

I have no interest in the other games, I don't care for 2-D fighters or shmups.

For someone who's never really played a fighting game and wants to start would king of fighters 2002 be any good?

The worst Metal Slug still handily defeats the best Contra. MSXX is great fun.

Sky Stage is pretty lousy compared to Trouble Witches. I recommend Trouble Witches Neo but the way they designed the game, it is important to remember that it is a souped up port of a doujin game

[quote name='wEEman33']SNK fighters really aren't good introductory games to the genre. The moves are really hard to pull off compared to other series.[/QUOTE]
And the bosses. Dear God the bosses...

[quote name='bardockkun']And the bosses. Dear God the bosses...[/QUOTE]
^ This. For anyone who hasn't been properly introduced to SNK bosses, they are regarded as the cheapest and most difficult SOB's in all fighting games, and the moves are definitely harder to pull off if you're used to Street Fighter/Guilty Gear/MvC3/etc..

There is no mercy with SNK, but it's still some good fun lol

have to study for a calc exam so, I won't get more done to the OP then what is there now. Sorry, I will finish it up around 5pm EST tomorrow

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']You really can't go wrong with either. 2002UM has more characters and superior graphics simply due to the number of games released between titles. Both games are rock solid. My preference lies with 2002UM due to choice of characters (I'm a huge fan of K', Kula, Whip, and a few other peeps who only show up after 98) as well as a rather amazing OST. Higher quality sprites sure don't hurt either.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the input! Probably put some points down on 98 for now and I'll decide within coming days if I'll dive into 02 or not as well. It's been awhile since I played any KoF game and last one I got crazy into was XI (which I already know I shouldn't be expecting the same shifting abilities in those games). So it'll be interesting to see how I can go back.

And was debating KoF: Sky Stage then I remember how godawful the English dub was and kinda withdrawn now.

Picked up KOF2002UM and Metal Slug XX.....was quite pleased with these sales. For those inquiring., any of the KOF fighters are excellent....I would actually recommend grabbing them both.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Someone explain to me this mw2 glitch that happened.[/QUOTE]

Through the Modern Warfare 2 demo, one can quicklaunch 5 of the SNK XBLA titles and they would be the non-demo versions. One can even earn achievements from them as well. However, it got fixed when the dashboard went from initial grey NXE to the white square panel one (I have not tried it on the current Metro dashboard, but I assume it won't work anymore). I think the 5 games were Samurai Shodown/Spirits 2, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug XX, King of Fighters 98, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves. It was a really odd glitch since Activision/Infinity Ward and SNK doesn't seem to have much in common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there's a way to track your hours for the Triple Play offer that Live Rewards is doing right now?

[quote name='Wedgie']Does anyone know if there's a way to track your hours for the Triple Play offer that Live Rewards is doing right now?[/QUOTE]

The xbox rewards site updated today and added a usage graph for media apps. I'm not sure if it counts youtube as well as netflix, hbo go, etc. or when they'll update it. When I checked earlier today it had no data listed for me, but it's been awhile since I've used any media apps.

Didn't Scarygirl and All Zombies Must Die! just come out recently?

Those are some excellent prices, but it's gotta be a sale. If they were price drops, they'd most likely drop from 1200 to 800.

[quote name='mikehaggar99']Random sale or price drops?

All Zombies Must Die! - 800 -> 400 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/All-Zombies-Must-Die/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411204

Bastion - 1200 -> 600 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Bastion/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b66

Carcassonne - 800 -> 400 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Carcassonne/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410840

Castle Crashers - 1200 -> 600 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Castle-Crashers/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108b7

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 1200 -> 600 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Lara-Croft-GoL/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a59

Scarygirl - 800 -> 400 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Scarygirl/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411226

Space Invaders Infinity Gene - 800 -> 400 MSP
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Space-Invaders-IG/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a4d[/QUOTE]

Excellent deals, thank you for sharing.

Those haven't even been picked up at xbldb yet.
Any chance they are a mistake, meaning we would have to jump on them fast?

Edit: Im looking on xbox marketplace bia xbox right now, these are all still at full price.. Strange

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/All-Zombies-Must-Die/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411204

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Bastion/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b66

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Carcassonne/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410840

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Castle-Crashers/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108b7

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Lara-Croft-GoL/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a59

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Scarygirl/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411226

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Space-Invaders-IG/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a4d[/QUOTE]

Your links bring me to the prices you quoted, while searching the titles brings me to regularly priced content.

So... UK only? Price reductions that haven't hit the US Marketplace yet?

Also, if I purchase these on xbox.com through the links, will I have problems downloading/playing them with my US account?

EDIT - looks like they are universal? When I click a link of a game I already own, it shows as "already purchased" even though I bought them on the US Marketplace.

Thanks!! been waiting for a drop on castle crashers and carcasonne!!!
Edit: Looks like this may be gold members only because it comes up at full price for me (silver member)

WARNING - when going to purchase these titles on a US account on xbox.com, the price defaults back to the regular on the confirmation screen.

LOOK BEFORE YOU CLICK!!!

[quote name='Gabrius']Your links bring me to the prices you quoted, while searching the titles brings me to regularly priced content.

Also, if I purchase these on xbox.com through the links, will I have problems downloading/playing them with my US account?

EDIT - looks like they are universal? When I click a link of a game I already own, it shows as "already purchased" even though I bought them on the US Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

This is an odd sale. Is there a UK holiday this week?

You can't buy from the GB marketplace in the US. Your purchase will go to the US price. You'd need to create a GB account and add points to it.

edit: I see you've discovered that. :)

[quote name='Gabrius']Your links bring me to the prices you quoted, while searching the titles brings me to regularly priced content.

EDIT - looks like they are universal? When I click a link of a game I already own, it shows as "already purchased" even though I bought them on the US Marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I bought TMNT using my UK account and the game plays as the original arcade game did, so they "should" in fact be the same.

Good thing I have a bunch of bing msp saved up. Time to cash in!
Edit: Maybe I'll wait until easter to see if the sales goes up here instead of using up msp that i've saved up. Still burning through a bunch of xbox msp from cards.

DLC on sale in the 'Easter Sale' as well in Europe:

Halo: Reach - Anniversary Map Pack - 1200 -> 600 MSP:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...Map-Pack/0eea41a0-8b4a-4547-8091-b3dc05fca9fd

Batman: Arkham City - The Arkham Bundle - 1200 -> 600 MSP:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/The-Arkham-Bundle/547c0cc4-bb11-47bb-aa19-d011291fa224

DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - THE MISSING LINK - 1200 -> 600 MSP:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...ING-LINK/e584eb12-bff6-4838-babf-ae3a37bb4bb6

Gears of War 3 - Horde Command Pack - 800 -> 400 MSP:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Horde-Command-Pack/c64185a3-da78-48a6-b7ec-74fa3c2ef889

Forza Motorsport 4 - November Speed Pack - 560 -> 280:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/November-Speed-Pack/2cae30d8-138a-4a64-a75f-801cd1461abd

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Bunch of luckies in europe. Would of liked the reach maps and demoed scary girl. Oh well[/QUOTE]
why europe? its on sale for america too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back