XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GUNNM']why europe? its on sale for america too[/QUOTE]

I love when people post "facts" without checking their information AT ALL.

(no it's not)

[quote name='GUNNM']why europe? its on sale for america too[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Because, uh, you know, reality is kind of proving you wrong right now.

What a tease! Been waiting for the Batman DLC bundle to drop to pick it up. Hopefully we get a similar sale. Would probably get All Zombies Must Die! and maybe Scarygirl after trying the demos. Already own all the other arcade titles in that list.

Wish they would put Space Invaders Extreme on sale! IG is easily one of the best arcade games out there. Makes me want to pick up its predecessor but not for 800 msp.

Anyone know if you can make a UK region whatever and download it to your 360 then play regular ?

Cuz im down for at least 2-3 of those games on the UK sale

Damn pretty good eu sale. I have a bit over 400 points on my eu account so I can pick one game. Hopefully they do the sale for the US also because I'd pick up 3-4 things.

[quote name='Bradisback']So if you are in the US. All you have to do is create a uk gamertag and dl the game. I want that space invaders game.[/QUOTE]

well that and add points to a UK account, which i dont really want to do

guy below me-when you click to purchase price jumps back up

[quote name='bajingo']well that and add points to a UK account, which i dont really want to do

guy below me-when you click to purchase price jumps back up[/QUOTE]

Im loaded with bing points, so this kinda works out well for me then:lol:

Gonna try the demo out for scarygirl also

If this is an Easter sale and there's no indication that some deals are daily only I would say wait until Sunday to make purchases. I'm sure most people would rather have these games on their main account.

[quote name='rey6eric']I hope this sale comes to the US. I'm interested in All Zombies Must Die at 400msp.[/QUOTE]

If it does and the game interests you it's probably worth $5 easily. It's one of the better twin stick shooters that I've played in awhile. There's quite a bit to do and some interesting systems. The worst part of it is the maps get pretty tedious with all of the back tracking.

[quote name='louiedog']The xbox rewards site updated today and added a usage graph for media apps. I'm not sure if it counts youtube as well as netflix, hbo go, etc. or when they'll update it. When I checked earlier today it had no data listed for me, but it's been awhile since I've used any media apps.[/QUOTE]

Those graphs are such shite. I build interactive visuals for a living and they piss me off. Completely useless. Not to mention "My Gameplay" hasn't updated since April started. I've put in about 3 hours of multiplayer on both Team Fortress and Halo 2 and 4 hours into Age of Empires Online. There isn't any indication of any activity at all.

People build stuff over at Tableau Public in a few minutes that looks better than the Live Rewards Dashboards.

http://www.tableausoftware.com/public/gallery/topic/Travel-and-Lifestyle

[quote name='shivan128']I bought TMNT using my UK account and the game plays as the original arcade game did, so they "should" in fact be the same.

Good thing I have a bunch of bing msp saved up. Time to cash in!
Edit: Maybe I'll wait until easter to see if the sales goes up here instead of using up msp that i've saved up. Still burning through a bunch of xbox msp from cards.[/QUOTE]

Possibly a noob question, but is there a nice or easy way to set up a UK account if you live in America? I would love to get TMNT 89 but got my xbox after they removed it from the marketplace. Once I did get it, would I have to sign into the UK account in order to play it? Or can you play it from any account once its on the hard drive?

Wow. Scarygirl goes from 1200 to 800 in a week then to 400 two months after that. Been quite a bit of that recently.

Got Scary Girl and All Zombies must die!....ready have had the rest except Space Invaders...maybe I will have another try with the demo....

(and still on the fence with metal slug...have the metals slug collection for ps2...) and KOF well never got into it unlike street fighter

sooo two things of the triple play are done spend 800 MSp and watched 10 hours of an entertainment app (muzu.tv) only watching 1 hour of youtube left lol

[quote name='Exu']Wow. Scarygirl goes from 1200 to 800 in a week then to 400 two months after that. Been quite a bit of that recently.[/QUOTE]

Probably in part because the game is awful. Well the 5 minutes I played of it were anyway....

Dammit. The sound of that double dragon remake portends two or three things.

1. The 3D one that had been in development forever with the great looking art is getting the axe.
2. The excellent Iphone version is staying right where it is and not getting a proper release elsewhere.
3. Wayforward. They've done nothing but disappoint me.

Anyone played The Pinball Arcade? I'm disappointed in it. Pinball Hall of Fame seemed to have better physics and we've played some of these tables before. Pinball FX may not be as realistic, but it's been highly tuned for video game playand I don't know if there's room in my heart for two pinball XBLA titles.

As for Diabolical Pitch, I've seen so many negative reviews, but playing the demo, I'm impressed. The controls appeared to work great and the wacky tone didn't overshadow the gameplay. A little shallow, but enough depth for an XBLA Kinect game. If it goes on sale, I'd pick it up easy.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Dammit. The sound of that double dragon remake portends two or three things.

1. The 3D one that had been in development forever with the great looking art is getting the axe.
2. The excellent Iphone version is staying right where it is and not getting a proper release elsewhere.
3. Wayforward. They've done nothing but disappoint me.[/QUOTE]

For your #3, how so? I've enjoyed nearly everything they have released as of recent.

wow Activision has a lot of nerve to make a s sale for WAW DLC when they are purposely holding back a patch to fix the rampant hacking in the game!

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone played The Pinball Arcade? I'm disappointed in it. Pinball Hall of Fame seemed to have better physics and we've played some of these tables before. Pinball FX may not be as realistic, but it's been highly tuned for video game playand I don't know if there's room in my heart for two pinball XBLA titles.

As for Diabolical Pitch, I've seen so many negative reviews, but playing the demo, I'm impressed. The controls appeared to work great and the wacky tone didn't overshadow the gameplay. A little shallow, but enough depth for an XBLA Kinect game. If it goes on sale, I'd pick it up easy.[/QUOTE]

Of the 4 tables in Pinball Arcade, only 1 has been done before on the 360. If I had only 1 choice, I'm going Pinball Arcade. But there's still room for me to squeeze in some FX2. Pinball Arcade physics is just better and they're based on tables I played as a kid.

Diabolical Pitch was actually fun once I realized you used your other hand to aim the reticle.

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone played The Pinball Arcade? I'm disappointed in it. Pinball Hall of Fame seemed to have better physics and we've played some of these tables before. Pinball FX may not be as realistic, but it's been highly tuned for video game playand I don't know if there's room in my heart for two pinball XBLA titles.

As for Diabolical Pitch, I've seen so many negative reviews, but playing the demo, I'm impressed. The controls appeared to work great and the wacky tone didn't overshadow the gameplay. A little shallow, but enough depth for an XBLA Kinect game. If it goes on sale, I'd pick it up easy.[/QUOTE]

Already have Pinball FX and am pretty happy with that one. However, I'll purchase the first pinball sim that offers Addams Family.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Of the 4 tables in Pinball Arcade, only 1 has been done before on the 360.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it 2 tables that have been done before? Weren't Black Hole and Arabian Nights on that collection that has already been released.

That's what put me off buying it, 800 for 2 tables I'd not played before didn't seem worth it, I think I'll wait for a sale and to see how much they intend to charge for additional tables.

It's kind of annoying that Easter sale is Euro only, played the Scary Girl demo last night and I'd probably pick it up for 400 points.

KoF/SkyStage are really not for me. Not really feeling Metal Slug either. I liked the demo for XX a lot more than for 3. I kind of want one, just to own one, but not sure if I'll end up caving or not.

[quote name='tylerh1701']KoF/SkyStage are really not for me. Not really feeling Metal Slug either. I liked the demo for XX a lot more than for 3. I kind of want one, just to own one, but not sure if I'll end up caving or not.[/QUOTE]

Metal Slug XX is the superior of the two since Mission Mode adds a lot more replay value compared to just running through the stages.

Anyone try Pinball Arcade yet? I'm debating between Pinball FX 2 Marvel tables vs PA. Also what's the lowest price FX 2 has been? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not really feeling Metal Slug either. I liked the demo for XX a lot more than for 3. I kind of want one, just to own one, but not sure if I'll end up caving or not.[/QUOTE]same here. I ended up feeling disappointed when going through the demo of 3 and being like, "I remember this being so much more awesome in the arcades 10+ years ago...." However, I liked the demo of xx much more and ended up buying it so I could finally have a Metal Slug game in my arcade collection. Plus it seems I can get an easy 150\200 gamerscore just playing through the game. Nowadays, I like getting easy points and not going out of my way to waste 2 hours for 25 gamerscore. I play games for fun now that I have less and less time to game

I think the marvel pinball tables are more fun to play, so i would choice them over pinball arcade. The pinball arcade tables are a nice history lesson, but they lack the energy of the Marvel stuff. Both are enjoyable though.

[quote name='marineal']you guys must be insane... MS XX is horrible, 3 destroys it completely[/QUOTE]

What a convincing and not pointless argument you just made. Much better than ours, which provided supporting evidence and made no use of hyperbole.

[quote name='marineal']you guys must be insane... MS XX is horrible, 3 destroys it completely[/QUOTE]

Based on the demos, not sure I'd agree with that. I know I used to love MS3, but it seems to be slowing down way more than I ever remember. The demo of MS XX definitely agreed with me a lot more. That said, for 200 more points, I could buy Shoot Many Robots, which interests me more than either one of those, considering I've done MS to death at this point.

If anyone is interested there are also some drops on this movies in Zune:

Sucker Punch = 590 MSP (Buy)
The Hangover = 590 MSP (Buy)
The Hangover Part 2 = HD 500 MSP (Rent) SD 420 (Rent)
Kill The Boss = HD 500 MSP (Rent) SD 420 (Rent)
Inception = SD 1090 (Buy)
Red Riding Hood = 590 MSP (Buy)
Arthur = HD 500 MSP (Rent) SD 420 (Rent)
Due Date = SD 590 (Buy)
Green Lantern = HD 500 MSP (Rent) SD 420 (Rent)

I bought and beat MS XX and I thought it was good. Haven't played 3 in a few years, but I remember loving it more in comparison.

There's some impossible bullet hell going on in the later missions of XX

Heads up, Sonic 4 Episode 2 coming May 16th, AND if you have Sonic 4 Episode 1 and buy Episode 2, then you unlock Metal Sonic as a playable character in Episode 1 with exclusive content. Think of it like the "lock-on technology" with Sonic 2 or 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.

[quote name='icehouse']I think the marvel pinball tables are more fun to play, so i would choice them over pinball arcade. The pinball arcade tables are a nice history lesson, but they lack the energy of the Marvel stuff. Both are enjoyable though.[/QUOTE]

Obviously this is going to be a matter of opinion. Certainly my opinion is the exact opposite. :) I'd try both demos and see what you think.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Interesting. Looking like Shadow Complex meets I Am Alive.[/QUOTE]
This is what I thought too. I love how atmospheric it is

Does Metal Slug 3 not have autofire? I can't play Metal Slug without autofire. It doesn't feel right.

Even MSXX's retarded over-firing autofire.

From what I understand (& checked), Metal Slug 3 doesn't have auto-fire, which SUCKS since you're pretty much gonna be mashing the fire button. I could've sworn it was there in that Anthology collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back