XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Saw that earlier and my first thought was that it'll probably get a discount now. That's the only way to get eyes on a game that came out a couple of months ago to really awful reviews.[/QUOTE]

My first thought too. I'll pay 400msp for it.

Might buy that Sour Patch Game. The trial didn't seem that bad other than some horrible load times. Going to check some reviews tonight and find out the length of it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']My first thought too. I'll pay 400msp for it.[/QUOTE]
That's what she said.

But seriously, I'd snag Amy for 1/2 price. It's on my wish list now for arcade games to watch for if they become a DotW

[quote name='eastx']The AI in Skullgirls is annoyingly hard though, isn't it?[/QUOTE]Pretty much until I started to figure out some moves and techniques especially for the boss. I like the challenge though.

[quote name='LongshotJohnson']So if you buy a game on demand with cash instead of the microsoft point option would that still qualify for the using the 800msp as long as its over $10?[/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess no

Just looked at the recently reduced for April and Toy Soldiers isn't there. Possibly an early drop for next month? I noticed Choplifter HD dropped early last month but didn't make the official list until this month. Thinking it might be the same situation different game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still not doing it. This is one case where I am going to stick to my guns. This is really his game and not many other people will benefit from its success. I think bad behavior should not be rewarded just because he is an "artist". The man has no humility. Of course if people want to buy his game I do not have a problem with that because this is only my opinion.[/QUOTE]

After reading the EDGE review got hyped even more for this game. :)
I'll buy good games. Don't care if the makers are scumbags, assholes or whatever...

I'm surprised of lack of The Splatters talk here. Everyone should give at least try of the demo version. It's really cool game. ;)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It disgusts me that they still charge for that World at War DLC with the state that game is in right now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, at this point, when there are 3 (?) new COD games after WaW, all of the dlc should be free. Oh well, we are talking about Activision. :S

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It disgusts me that they still charge for that World at War DLC with the state that game is in right now.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with the game?

[quote name='LongshotJohnson']So if you buy a game on demand with cash instead of the microsoft point option would that still qualify for the using the 800msp as long as its over $10?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just got to say your avatar is amazing. LOVE GTO. :D

Looking forward to next weeks sale xD

[quote name='cancerman1120']Still not doing it. This is one case where I am going to stick to my guns. This is really his game and not many other people will benefit from its success. I think bad behavior should not be rewarded just because he is an "artist". The man has no humility. Of course if people want to buy his game I do not have a problem with that because this is only my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Oh give it up. He might have come across like a dick, but he's right, Japanese games (for the most part) do suck these days.

Is the Undergarden (240 MSP) a limited time sale price or a "Recently Reduced" for April? I don't see it listed on the dashboard. Toy Soldiers (800 MSP) seems to have dropped in price as well and it's also not listed.

Ok, so, SkullGirls:

This is a really well made fighting game... like, on par with the big boys. Has its own vibe/look/feel, so the only comparison I can give is that it has the polish of KoFXIII or Third Strike. I have a feeling this one's going to be around for a while.

My only gripes are petty, honestly. There's a bit of loading time... ok, there's a lot of loading time. And I want more. More characters, more stages, more music... but all that means is what's here is really, really good.

Worth 1200MSP? Yes, and the DLC will all be bought Day 1 as well.

As for the boss... cheap, but nothing compared to an SNK boss. Took me about a half dozen attempts the first time I beat her, but I finally did it. Some KoF games have made me quit after hours of ownage T_T

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Might buy that Sour Patch Game. The trial didn't seem that bad other than some horrible load times. Going to check some reviews tonight and find out the length of it.[/QUOTE]

Sour Partch Game demo was pretty fun. I have a huge backlog so no need to buy it now since I won't play it now. But it did control well enough and seemed like it had enough variety that it would be enjoyable for 10-12 levels. If I ever get my backlog down (or it actually drops to 200 during a sale) I'll definitely pick it up.

I would also guess no.

[quote name='Sath666']I'm surprised of lack of The Splatters talk here. Everyone should give at least try of the demo version. It's really cool game. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't that thrilled with the Splatters demo. It was ok but nothing I need to pay full price for. But it's a definitely DotW pick up.

[quote name='lito88']Whats wrong with the game? [WaW][/QUOTE]

It was a hacky, glitchy mess last time I went in there. I felt like I needed to take a shower after playing.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Is the Undergarden (240 MSP) a limited time sale price or a "Recently Reduced" for April? I don't see it listed on the dashboard. Toy Soldiers (800 MSP) seems to have dropped in price as well and it's also not listed.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that both are price drops, but that's only a guess. Undergarden is permenantly $3 on PSN so I really think that one is a permenant drop.

[quote name='sicsonic']Oh give it up. He might have come across like a dick, but he's right, Japanese games (for the most part) do suck these days.[/QUOTE]

Bayonetta is my favorite game from this generation.

[quote name='CodeTrader']Is the Undergarden (240 MSP) a limited time sale price or a "Recently Reduced" for April? I don't see it listed on the dashboard. Toy Soldiers (800 MSP) seems to have dropped in price as well and it's also not listed.[/QUOTE]

Someone a few posts above has a theory on the Toy Soldiers drop not being listed.

The Undergarden is most likely a drop. 240 msp is an unusual permanent price for an XBLA game, but I believe that's the price it dropped to on PSN as well. It dropped along with 3 other Atari published games. If it was an Atari sale it most likely would have been announced.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-fez-review

Damn, release this game already, Microsoft!

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='tylerh1701']
Bayonetta is my favorite game from this generation.[/QUOTE]

I love Bayo, Vanquish, Demons/Dark Souls....and think most of the current gen JPN games suck donkey b... You can clearly see how low is the quality of their games compared to previous generation consoles. :) Devs like Capcom/Konami and many others went completely downhill now. :'(

[quote name='Sath666']http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-fez-review

I love Bayo, Vanquish, Demons/Dark Souls....and think most of the current gen JPN games suck donkey b... You can clearly see how low is the quality of their games compared to previous generation consoles. :) Devs like Capcom/Konami and many others went completely downhill now. :'([/QUOTE]

One more day.

[quote name='Sath666']http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-fez-review

I love Bayo, Vanquish, Demons/Dark Souls....and think most of the current gen JPN games suck donkey b... You can clearly see how low is the quality of their games compared to previous generation consoles. :) Devs like Capcom/Konami and many others went completely downhill now. :'([/QUOTE]

This isn't even debatable and everyone in the industry has been talking about it for years. Its to the point now where even Japanese developers have come out and made comments regarding the decline and some have even quit their jobs because of it. Keiji Inafune leaving Capcom is a perfect example. Sure, there are still a few gems here and there but that doesn't change the fact that western developers took the next step forward with the next gen consoles and Japanese developers did not. They are clearly stuck in the past and need to retool their entire approach to gaming. They are in desperate need of a full fledged gaming renaissance.

Back on topic a bit, I picked up Skullgirls and I absolutely love it. I have been a bit bored with fighting games as of late but this is exactly what he doctor ordered. Very unique characters, great art design, and top notch fighting mechanics. I was a bit on the fence on this one but this is easily one of my favorite Xbox Live Arcade titles in quite some time.

I also picked up Pinball Arcade and.....well, pinball is definitely here to stay on Xbox Live. It compliments Pinball FX2 perfectly as FX2 makes their own tables and Pinball Arcade is all about the classic real life arcade tables. I absolutely love Tales of the Arabian Nights. Its easily one of my all time favorite pinball machines. I have been tempted to buy that table on many occasions. The only disappointing table is The Black Hole. While its a historically significant table (first lower level pinball game), the table itself is incredibly difficult. Given its difficulty, I just don't think it was a good choice for this title. I am a pinball junkie and even I tire of The Black Hole quickly. I cant wait too see what tables they will release next. I am preying for 1992 Star Wars by Data East.

[quote name='locolukah']World Gone Sour should be free. Looks like a first gen N64 game. XD[/QUOTE]

I thought it was ok actually, might be worth a go at $5.

[quote name='sicsonic']Oh give it up. He might have come across like a dick, but he's right, Japanese games (for the most part) do suck these days.[/QUOTE]

He's been an egregious jerk in more ways than telling off an aspiring Japanese developer. Check out his twitter feed sometime. Fez looks like a brilliant game, but I'm in the camp that will avoid it because of his behavior. That's a perfectly legitimate reason, but it's disappointing all the same. Would like to play it.

[quote name='midloo']He's been an egregious jerk in more ways than telling off an aspiring Japanese developer. Check out his twitter feed sometime. Fez looks like a brilliant game, but I'm in the camp that will avoid it because of his behavior. That's a perfectly legitimate reason, but it's disappointing all the same. Would like to play it.[/QUOTE]

Sucks that you're going to miss out on a game getting 10's, 9.5's, and 9's across the board just because you don't like the developer. You not buying his game isn't hurting it one bit. Every review posted probably generates thousands of new buyers.

[quote name='midloo']He's been an egregious jerk in more ways than telling off an aspiring Japanese developer. Check out his twitter feed sometime. Fez looks like a brilliant game, but I'm in the camp that will avoid it because of his behavior. That's a perfectly legitimate reason, but it's disappointing all the same. Would like to play it.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the products you use were probably made by mean people. Get over it.

We already did the fighting about Phil Fish thing in this thread. I'm very sorry that you guys missed it the first time. If any of those posts weren't deleted feel free to go back and find them and realize you're doing nothing new. Please don't continue.

The reviews don't tend to mean a lot, especially about "Big Indie Things." They are almost always egregiously overrated. You think EA buys reviews with money? It's JUST as easy to appeal to a writer's ego and there's nothing that enthralls reviewers egos more than circlejerking over a high-profile indie game. The hacktastic slobbering in the writing of some of these reviews is a DEAD giveaway.

That said, if it's good, it's good. That's what demos are for. But that's hardly a fait accompli.

You know, unless some of you look at high-scoring reviews very differently when they're about whatever Activision/EA game is your hate object that week.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The reviews don't tend to mean a lot, especially about "Big Indie Things." They are almost always egregiously overrated. You think EA buys reviews with money? It's JUST as easy to appeal to a writer's ego and there's nothing that enthralls reviewers egos more than circlejerking over a high-profile indie game. The hacktastic slobbering in the writing of some of these reviews is a DEAD giveaway.

That said, if it's good, it's good. That's what demos are for. But that's hardly a fait accompli.

You know, unless some of you look at high-scoring reviews very differently when they're about whatever Activision/EA game is your hate object that week.[/QUOTE]

Although you come off as extremely cynical, I don't necessarily disagree with you.

I will definitely be buying Fez as I don't base my purchases on whether or not the person behind the product has a great personality. In regards to buying games, its the game itself that dictates whether or not I will make a purchase. We all have our flaws and I don't judge people that i don't know personally. So short of the guy waking up tomorrow and blowing up a school bus, he has my support. Cant wait to play it after what I read today on the net. Sound like an amazing game. Props to MS for locking up exclusivity.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The reviews don't tend to mean a lot, especially about "Big Indie Things." They are almost always egregiously overrated. [/QUOTE]

According to who? The quality of a particular review is dependent on the reviewer and the person reading the review. Of course, lets not forget that reviews and readers opinions are subjective. The reviews may not mean a lot to you but that's just your opinion.

Of course, the best thing to do is find reviewers that fall in line with your own opinions. Once you do that...well, the reviews absolutely mean a lot. 2 of my favorite reviewers absolutely loved Fez. That means a LOT to me, enough so to buy it without even playing the demo.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']Im going to purchase FEZ, but with free msp. Therefore, he gets NO money.

Ha![/QUOTE]

The developer will still get his money. If your using free MS points than its MS who is paying for the game but make no mistake about it, the developer still gets their money. Free points is a MS promotion hence MS foots the bill, not the developers of the games that people wind up buying with their free points..

Don't understand how we're going to hate on some guy and not buy what is apparently a good game just because he's said stupid things. How about we get on the sweatshops in China bandwagon and torture and slaughtering of animals for food? I have no intention of getting the game due to the fact that I'm burnt out on indie puzzle platformers at this point but maybe we shouldn't hate this until we try it. Or we should boycott CAG due to Cheapy D's torture of those poor Japanese toilets.

this is why it pays to be a lying phoney when you're selling something, so many sensitive petty people out there can't handle your honest thoughts

i wonder if apple's sales have dipped since there are now so many stories of steve jobs not being a "nice guy"

who knew a hard working genius could be tough to work for:roll:

[quote name='louiedog']We already did the fighting about Phil Fish thing in this thread. I'm very sorry that you guys missed it the first time. If any of those posts weren't deleted feel free to go back and find them and realize you're doing nothing new. Please don't continue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm sorry my post kind of contributed to more of that, when I was trying to do the opposite and stop it.

"hating" on a guy and not buying his product because you don't appreciate the way he's treated the development community is very different. I don't feel that success or talent should entitle you to a bad attitude, but that's just me.

Sure - I've probably consumed plenty of products that were made by jerks or unethical companies, but when it pertains to an industry that is dear to my heart, I'll take a small principled stand and avoid a product. Fortunately, we're spoiled for choice when it comes to amazing games.

Thank goodness people are still allowed to make choices based on their own views. I'm not grandstanding or starting a campaign to hurt the guy's sales, and I don't begrudge anyone the fun they'll have with the game. It looks great....

It comes down to alternatives. If you want an Xbox there aren't too many alternatives to buying it. Sony and Nintendo are probably just as bad employing Chinese sweatshops for manufacturing their parts. With games it's an entirely different story since you have a massive number of alternatives. If you really think you cannot live without Fez then that's your choice.
I have no problem with ego-mania in most cases. Different people are built in different ways. However, to intentionally be a mean dickhead is a totally different story. I choose not to reward people like that, but that is just my choice.
If Mr Fish was selling a medicine that I need to survive I will buy it because I HAVE to. I do not have to buy Fez so I won't.
I'd rather spend the points buying multiple copies of "chime" where I know a portion of the profits go to deserving people.

[quote name='mokmoof']Bought Fez. Looking forward to playing it.

Seriously, people. Your Xbox was made at a Foxconn plant in China, and that doesn't bother you (at least not enough to, like, not buy an Xbox), but supporting a game developer who mouths off on Twitter is over the line? I think I get where you're coming from, and obviously it's your choice--but you've got to choose your battles, and this strikes me as a deeply weird one to choose.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']It comes down to alternatives. If you want an Xbox there aren't too many alternatives to buying it. Sony and Nintendo are probably just as bad employing Chinese sweatshops for manufacturing their parts. With games it's an entirely different story since you have a massive number of alternatives. If you really think you cannot live without Fez then that's your choice.
I have no problem with ego-mania in most cases. Different people are built in different ways. However, to intentionally be a mean dickhead is a totally different story. I choose not to reward people like that, but that is just my choice.
If Mr Fish was selling a medicine that I need to survive I will buy it because I HAVE to. I do not have to buy Fez so I won't.
I'd rather spend the points buying multiple copies of "chime" where I know a portion of the profits go to deserving people.[/QUOTE]
Your point about alternatives is 100% fair and right on point. Vote with your wallet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So, any, ya know, impressions of the actual game?[/QUOTE]

I found it boring and dull. Played 5 mins and deleted the demo? I will most likely be the only one with this opinion.

Also its a microsoft published game. So it will be given out for free by them, the way they give their games out.

[quote name='Bradisback']I found it boring and dull. Played 5 mins and deleted the demo? I will most likely be the only one with this opinion.
[/QUOTE]

5 minutes? Ok. :lol::lol::lol:

Wonderful game - my current GOTY. But it has some bugs (for which devs are aware). At two times, when i solved different puzzles the game crashed and send me to dashboard. Also for some reason i cannot access the leaderboards (have XBL Gold). It says i should be connected to XBL to open them and i was all of the time. Weird. Despite that i love the game. Glad i bought it. :)

Hrm.. sorry I know this is off topic...
What is everyone's go-to site for game reviews?
I usually use metacritic, but what about a specific site?
I've heard destructoid mentioned before.

Edit: But anyways, downloading the trial of fez right now. From what I've seen im pretty sure Ill enjoy it and buy the full game (Yay free msp!)

[quote name='Sath666']5 minutes? Ok. :lol::lol::lol:

Wonderful game - my current GOTY. But it has some bugs (for which devs are aware). At two times, when i solved different puzzles the game crashed and send me to dashboard. Also for some reason i cannot access the leaderboards (have XBL Gold). It says i should be connected to XBL to open them and i was all of the time. Weird. Despite that i love the game. Glad i bought it. :)[/QUOTE]

5 minutes is plenty of time in this game. If you're deathly afraid of fezes or tassels on hats you'll get to that point and know it's not the game for you before it gets all puzzly and becomes a game.

I haven't run into any bugs like that yet, just some stuff relating to perspective, like suddenly appearing in the foreground/background when I should have been in the other, or standing on a background platform while being in the foreground. I just quit a session and I appeared on the leaderboards, so if it was a server issue it may be fixed now.

edit: Out of curiosity, have you finished the game? I'm wondering how long it is. I'm 28% complete and played a little under an hour. I'm sure the first quarter goes much faster than the last quarter though when trying to find every last cube and solve the more difficult puzzles.

[quote name='Artrigis']Hrm.. sorry I know this is off topic...
I've heard destructoid mentioned before.[/QUOTE]

My site of choice is Giant Bomb. There's no one reviewer or site though that's best in my opinion. Find yourself a site that covers a lot of the games you're interested in and read up on the reviews to learn each reviewers' tastes. Opinions can vary so wildly that the more you know about a person's tastes and how they relate to yours the more valuable their reviews will be to you.

[quote name='Artrigis']Hrm.. sorry I know this is off topic...
I've heard destructoid mentioned before.

Edit: But anyways, downloading the trial of fez right now. From what I've seen im pretty sure Ill enjoy it and buy the full game (Yay free msp!)[/QUOTE]

I'll go to Metacritic and keep a particular eye out for IGN, Game Informer, Joystiq, Gamespot, Giant Bomb, and Eurogamer scores. If, for example, IGN game a game an 8.0 and Gamespot gave it a 5.0, I'll read both those reviews and see why the reviewers had such conflicting opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back