XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ciffy']I would love for Trenched or even Iron Brigade to go on sale. Maybe a shmup sale again; I don't think Ikaruga was on sale last time and I've really been wanting to play that.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you $1,000 that when one of those goes on sale the other does at the exact same time.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'll bet you $1,000 that when one of those goes on sale the other does at the exact same time.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet. :razz:

Funny that Risk Factions was mentioned. I procrastinated on buying it for so long and when I finally did, I don't think I've seen it go on sale since.

[quote name='bardockkun']More Pinball FX tables would be awesome. Though I'm also hoping for some Rock Band 3 and Dance Central 2 DLC as well. Otherwise can't think of much else I want DLC wise.[/QUOTE]

Kind of doubt we'll see a big Rock Band sale before Rock Band Blitz hits.

Also DC2 stuff was on sale (at a huge discount) only a few months ago... early january i think.

Playing Iron Brigade now, not as great as I expected. Maps really feel like their built for multiplayer, so playing single player isn't all that awesome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Playing Iron Brigade now, not as great as I expected. Maps really feel like their built for multiplayer, so playing single player isn't all that awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the MP is where it really shines

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah the MP is where it really shines[/QUOTE]

Ya I didn't know that going in. Still a very fun game, the single player just feels frustrating at times.

And no local coop also sucks.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Kind of doubt we'll see a big Rock Band sale before Rock Band Blitz hits.

Also DC2 stuff was on sale (at a huge discount) only a few months ago... early january i think.[/QUOTE]
Those were Dance Central 1 songs. None of 2's songs have yet to go on sale. Plus to be fair, Rock Band Blitz still has no real release date.

With the windows time machine I pretty much have all the arcade games I want.
Only things I want but don't have yet is trine 2, and mass effect 2 DLC. And Trials evo

If you buy Shadow Complex and are gay, Orson Wells will kick down your door, equip his gleaming metallic sci-fi cyber-wang, and rape all the gay out of you.

For $15, this is a STEAL. Bought it twice!

[quote name='RollingSkull']If you buy Shadow Complex and are gay, Orson Wells will kick down your door, equip his gleaming metallic sci-fi cyber-wang, and rape all the gay out of you.

For $15, this is a STEAL. Bought it twice![/QUOTE]

It's Orson Scott Card, damn you!

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Trenched would be nice. Has Puzzle Quest 2 ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]

I believe it went on sale for 800 points once, which is now the regular price (thanks Tyler). I'd regret not buying it, but I did play through the (pretty much identical) Windows Phone game in its entirety, and it gets super boring after a while. Check out my review, which I feel is the best at describing the differences between 1 and 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be down to buy both puzzle quest 2 and the space-themed one. i dont think either have been on sale, and they both really need one.

SPYLON!!!! (to lazy to PM or find contact info for ya) -

The search on your site has been not working at all for me as of late. Searching things like "puzzle quest", "banjo kazooie", "banjo-kazooie", and "banjo" have produced no results. Just wanted to let ya know. :)

Anyways -

Puzzle Quest 1 dropped to 400 once
Puzzle Quest 2 dropped to 800 once, then later again as a permanent drop.
Puzzle Quest Galatrix has always been 1600, which is insane.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Anyways -

Puzzle Quest 1 dropped to 400 once
Puzzle Quest 2 dropped to 800 once, then later again as a permanent drop.
Puzzle Quest Galatrix has always been 1600, which is insane.[/QUOTE]
if both 2 and galatrix were 400 each i'd buy without a doubt

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Guardian Heroes should have a sale by now. It's been out 6 months![/QUOTE]

Already had a sale during X-mas.

But yea, should be having another soon.

[quote name='Dr Akula']A sale on the Enslaved dlc would be nice for once.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. Doesn't feel right to spend more on the DLC than I did on the game, even if it's one of my favorite games of this generation.

That and the 3d glasses for the TV ran out of batteries so I'm not in a rush to use that feature.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Already had a sale during X-mas.

But yea, should be having another soon.[/QUOTE]
Not as far as I remember.

Though I still doubt any worth noting XBLA titles going on sale next few weeks.

Blah.

However, Deep Black: Episode 1 is news to me. Looked up gameplay. Looks ok. 3rd person cover shooter. Charcater looks like the love child of Master Chief and Iron Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Z7fTOPfUM

EDIT: I hope we don't see a huge trend in episodic games to XBLA. In theory I don't mind them. If they have high prodcution values and they are released in episodic format only for the sake of having enough money to complete the project in stages. But if they are released in episodic format only as a way to make more money and work around XBLA price structuring, fuck 'em.

The biggest problem with episodic gaming is that unless it's made by Telltale Games, they will NEVER finish the episodes.

I think it has less to do with price structure and more to do with releasing an unfinished game.

ALSO: After seeing Major Nelson's current avatar, I think he needs a special visit from Orson Wells:

Owners of Slim 360's should avoid NBA Jam: On Fire Edition: the game will freeze up your console when it tries to connect to EA's online service at the title screen. This has been an issue since launch and EA hasn't fixed the problem.

[quote name='Kerig']The biggest problem with episodic gaming is that unless it's made by Telltale Games, they will NEVER finish the episodes.

I think it has less to do with price structure and more to do with releasing an unfinished game.
[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Yup I won't buy any episode games until they are finished then even if they do finish I tend to forget about them by then and skip them anyways.

Anyways lame DOTW that probably the highest price I've seen the complete saga for since its first drop to 19.99 almost everywhere several years ago.
Oh well Skyrim DLC is supposed to be announced some time today yah,

[quote name='MSUHitman']Owners of Slim 360's should avoid NBA Jam: On Fire Edition: the game will freeze up your console when it tries to connect to EA's online service at the title screen. This has been an issue since launch and EA hasn't fixed the problem.[/QUOTE]

I own a slim 360 and have never had this problem. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Good lord, not to join the complaining ring here --- but the posts under Major Nelson's post are spot on. These "Deals" the last 3 weeks have been freakin' insulting. The plus side is I can guarantee I won't spend my points until at LEAST 5/1.

Im glad for next week. Missed out on jam being on sale in jan., but i wont this time. As for this week's sale, fuck em. You can get those games way cheaper. Was hoping for some 400 msp games this week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']SPYLON!!!! (to lazy to PM or find contact info for ya) -

The search on your site has been not working at all for me as of late. Searching things like "puzzle quest", "banjo kazooie", "banjo-kazooie", and "banjo" have produced no results. Just wanted to let ya know. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

There is also something wrong with the scanner. It seems stuck somewhere. I'll look into both issues as soon as I can.

I think the new theme I switched to is great but it is more complex and I think it's causing the site to slow down. I can't afford to jump from shared hosting to VPS or dedicated so I may have to find a simpler theme.

Bad deals, as expected. NBA JAM OFE is a decent deal for anyone who missed it a couple months ago.

I know this has been mentioned tons of times, but their GoD pricing is just laughable.

[quote name='Spylon']Thanks,

There is also something wrong with the scanner. It seems stuck somewhere. I'll look into both issues as soon as I can.

I think the new theme I switched to is great but it is more complex and I think it's causing the site to slow down. I can't afford to jump from shared hosting to VPS or dedicated so I may have to find a simpler theme.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed the scanner problem a couple minutes ago as well.

I really like the new theme, for what it's worth.

Sort of OT, but 1800 MS for the UEFA 2012 DLC is pretty ridiculous. I do realize EA could have released a standalone game for twice the price, still that's a lot of $$$ for what basically amounts to new kits and stadiums.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Owners of Slim 360's should avoid NBA Jam: On Fire Edition: the game will freeze up your console when it tries to connect to EA's online service at the title screen. This has been an issue since launch and EA hasn't fixed the problem.[/QUOTE]

I've played a shit ton of NBA Jam:OFE on my slim 360 (the original 250gb model for what it's worth) without any issues. It seems to take longer than it should to connect to the server, but it's never freezed my console.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Also, I find it interesting that they're releasing other games during the "Arcade Next" promotion.[/QUOTE]

They had no choice. There are a lot of games that are finished and send for certification to MS months ago. I can give one example with the game Capsized - was priced 800MSP and supposed to came out december 2011...Now even developers didn't know when actually will be released their finished game. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back