XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I noticed the scanner problem a couple minutes ago as well.

I really like the new theme, for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

I have a manual scan going right now for Xbox 360 games. These are slower but it has already found a Fable III price drop.

I also reproduced the search issue. Weird thing is if you are logged in it works. Only guests seem to be having an issue. Is this what you are seeing?

[quote name='Sath666']They had no choice. There are a lot of games that are finished and send for certification to MS months ago. I can give one example with the game Capsized - was priced 800MSP and supposed to came out december 2011...Now even developers didn't know when actually will be released their finished game. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, I forgot about Capsized. That game looks fun.

[quote name='Spylon']I have a manual scan going right now for Xbox 360 games. These are slower but it has already found a Fable III price drop.

I also reproduced the search issue. Weird thing is if you are logged in it works. Only guests seem to be having an issue. Is this what you are seeing?[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to get it working, whether I'm logged in or not.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Good lord, not to join the complaining ring here --- [/QUOTE]

Yeah.. but it's just so hard not to.

[quote name='crookshow']I've played a shit ton of NBA Jam:OFE on my slim 360 (the original 250gb model for what it's worth) without any issues. It seems to take longer than it should to connect to the server, but it's never freezed my console.[/QUOTE]

Still, there is a known issue of certain gamers not being able to play NBA Jam: OFE on their console for whatever reason. I'm amazed that EA has found the time and resources to release two roster updates over several months but still have not addressed the issue of people not being able to play the game at all, even though it's been mentioned time and time again on their forums.

Shame too, because the game really is a ton o' fun.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The wait for trials is almost over. No mustard on my ham sandwich....[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that there has been a xbla game that I have been more excited for. I think that is because Trials is one of my all time favs and the sequel has some pretty impressive new features such as multiplayer and the new way that people can share their tracks, it should add a whole lot of extra replay value.

They are really mishandling Games on Demand pricing. Rockstar's Table Tennis and Rock Band 3 are both $20. One is a 6 year old mediocre sports game that started off as a budget title and the other is less than 2 years old and is easily the best music game ever. So why are they the same price? Oh that's right, because they both started life as plastic discs only to become available as downloads later, and this fact alone places these games in the Games on Demand category...a category that seems to have a price floor of $20.

And then we are supposed to be excited when old LEGO games drop to $15?

[quote name='Turbojugend']Still, there is a known issue of certain gamers not being able to play NBA Jam: OFE on their console for whatever reason. I'm amazed that EA has found the time and resources to release two roster updates over several months but still have not addressed the issue of people not being able to play the game at all, even though it's been mentioned time and time again on their forums.

Shame too, because the game really is a ton o' fun.[/QUOTE]

Are you certain those people aren't just being impatient? As noted above it takes way longer than it should to get to the main screen and sometimes the basketball even stops spinning but the game still loads.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Good lord, not to join the complaining ring here --- but the posts under Major Nelson's post are spot on. These "Deals" the last 3 weeks have been freakin' insulting. The plus side is I can guarantee I won't spend my points until at LEAST 5/1.[/QUOTE]

And Larry Hyrb is just the kissass of the XBL team and can't respond to the nerd rage in his own website. Sony had better deals than Microsoft the past few months. Not to mention the rewards program is an insult to big spenders.

And yeah you're right. My points are worthless until a decent sale or new XBLA games I look forward to on the horizon.

[quote name='ZForce915']Are you certain those people aren't just being impatient? As noted above it takes way longer than it should to get to the main screen and sometimes the basketball even stops spinning but the game still loads.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 'cause I have the same issue with the game freezing for about a minute, then working fine. I specifically asked those having problems if they waited for the game to load and they said they did and that it actually froze their console.

I mean, I have no way of knowing for sure but I'm assuming they know what they're doing. Those "freezing/crashing" threads still exist on the EA Jam forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']X-Blades being added to GoD?? Why? Seriously what a waste of time and effort!!![/QUOTE]
Would be interesting to see how many people actually buy this crap they put out

Gotta agree that the sales lately have blown chunks.

I remember a three or so years ago when other than some permanent price drops, there was pretty much nothing as far as sales go on XBL.

Then Sony started having decent sales and they got better and better (even without having to have Playstation Plus). So the pressure was put on MS to start sales up. They did.

Now, Sony continues to have at least decent sales every week and it's only sporatic that there's anything good on sale on XBL.

And what happened to the push to get off the point system. The only reason why I'm watching this thread is because I have some unspent points. If I just had that money back, I'd buy something on PSN.

[quote name='Turbojugend']Yeah, 'cause I have the same issue with the game freezing for about a minute, then working fine. I specifically asked those having problems if they waited for the game to load and they said they did and that it actually froze their console.

I mean, I have no way of knowing for sure but I'm assuming they know what they're doing. Those "freezing/crashing" threads still exist on the EA Jam forums.[/QUOTE]

Very strange. I have so many troubleshooting questions to ask I'm almost willing to go to EA's forums to ask them. :)

I wish Microsoft had a way to cash out your unused points or at least me use them t buy some gift cards. I have over 12000 points but nothing worth using them on

Anyone have any advice on what to spend 400 MSP on? Have an acct with only 400 left, wont be adding anymore to it. Was thinking of getting a DLC for trials HD.. but that might be a waste with evo coming out, which ill pick up day one.

[quote name='Artrigis']Anyone have any advice on what to spend 400 MSP on? Have an acct with only 400 left, wont be adding anymore to it. Was thinking of getting a DLC for trials HD.. but that might be a waste with evo coming out, which ill pick up day one.[/QUOTE]

Quarrel

[quote name='Artrigis']Anyone have any advice on what to spend 400 MSP on? Have an acct with only 400 left, wont be adding anymore to it. Was thinking of getting a DLC for trials HD.. but that might be a waste with evo coming out, which ill pick up day one.[/QUOTE]

You could create your own XBL Indie Pack, something like...

Dead Pixels
Cthulhu Saves the World
Bloody Checkers
Escape Goat
Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes

...five quality indies for 400MSP. :)

What's so bad about X-Blades, just out of curiosity? I saw a couple videos of it and it looked all right.

Still not worth the GoD price, but I'd still like to know. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']What's so bad about X-Blades, just out of curiosity? I saw a couple videos of it and it looked all right.

Still not worth the GoD price, but I'd still like to know. :p[/QUOTE]

IIRC, its repetitive, boring, and you can only beat some bosses/pass some areas with the correct weapon/spells. Either you guess correctly, use a guide, or get used to replaying levels to build up currency to buy the weapon/spell you need to move on.

Isn't The Walking Dead Episode 1 supposed to come out on the 25th as well? Hopefully Major just forgot to list it like he does sometimes.

[quote name='Turbojugend']You could create your own XBL Indie Pack, something like...

Dead Pixels
Cthulhu Saves the World
Bloody Checkers
Escape Goat
Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes

...five quality indies for 400MSP. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Awesome bundle... That's a lot of retro goodness. If you like shmups you can substitute Score Rush for any one of those games.

I've heard Sonic CD is pretty sweet for 400 points.

On a side note... I probably picked the WORST time to renew my gold DotW-wise lol.

Mercury Hg and Chime are pretty good for this price. Also all of the previous suggestions are nice as well. :)

[quote name='qualityman13']I wish Microsoft had a way to cash out your unused points or at least me use them t buy some gift cards. I have over 12000 points but nothing worth using them on[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I'm more amazed that gamers exist who can't find anything interesting on XBLM.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Strider, there is ton of great content on XBLA to spend points on, you just have to pay regular price for them.

I've also learned not to stocked up. I was stocked up to about 7000 points and it took over 6 months to spend them. I don't think I'll stock up beyond 4000 points again.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Would be interesting to see how many people actually buy this crap they put out[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE to see sales numbers on XBLA games on GoD games!!!

Well, clearly you will be adding more points then. I'd say get a 1600 point card, then use 1200 for trials (which you were planning on anyways), and then you have 800 points instead of 400. All of the games for 400 are pretty crap, with 800 you open yourself up to a whole new world of possibilities. You could pick up NBA Jam next week if you so pleased. Or any other 800 point game.

Damn, I would really like all 3 Alien Breed games to go on sale again, it's been a year. With Prometheus and Aliens: Colonial Marines set for this summer, I'll definitely want those.

The deals have been so dreadful lately that Tuesday mornings have lost all the excitement they used to have.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Damn, I would really like all 3 Alien Breed games to go on sale again, it's been a year. With Prometheus and Aliens: Colonial Marines set for this summer, I'll definitely want those.

The deals have been so dreadful lately that Tuesday mornings have lost all the excitement they used to have.[/QUOTE]
I got the first two Alien Breed games when they were on sale, but I don't recall the third one ever going on sale.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']Damn, I would really like all 3 Alien Breed games to go on sale again, it's been a year. With Prometheus and Aliens: Colonial Marines set for this summer, I'll definitely want those.

The deals have been so dreadful lately that Tuesday mornings have lost all the excitement they used to have.[/QUOTE]

yeah, me too. theyre kinda so so, but i picked up part 1 on sale so want the rest for cheap. annoying side note, a disc collection was released in europe with all 3, but not in the US.

if anyone wants to co op alien breed ep.1 hit me up, GT is my username.

[quote name='cmp2005']i got all 3 and serious sam 1 &2 never really played them lol[/QUOTE]

I have all of these Alien Breed games. Finished only part 1. Other two are exactly the same thing - same generic enemies and corridors ugh. If you have played first part, you don't need other two games. ;)

[quote name='Sath666']I have all of these Alien Breed games. Finished only part 1. Other two are exactly the same thing - same generic enemies and corridors ugh. If you have played first part, you don't need other two games. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. After playing through #1, I decided I didn't really need to ever experience 2 or 3 unless they underwent massive gameplay changes.

And the 3rd one has never been on sale on 360.

you guys need to create a bunch of bing accounts, i currently earn about 2000 microsoft points a week

no need to care about sales or deals when you get that many points, not to mention saving a lot of money

[quote name='Barry Burton']you guys need to create a bunch of bing accounts, i currently earn about 2000 microsoft points a week

no need to care about sales or deals when you get that many points, not to mention saving a lot of money[/QUOTE]
I was always under the impression that you couldn't have multiple bing accounts.

Any particular trick, or is it as straightforward as different email addresses?

[quote name='GregSal1']I got the first two Alien Breed games when they were on sale, but I don't recall the third one ever going on sale.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I love those games. Unreal Engine graphics, isometric style, great exploration, tense situations, co-op and a Dead Space vibe.

I have the first two as well but I don't remember the third ever going on sale.

[quote name='harry hood']I was always under the impression that you couldn't have multiple bing accounts.

Any particular trick, or is it as straightforward as different email addresses?[/QUOTE]

you need different email addresses to create more accounts

honestly i think it's mostly luck, they allow you to create 3 accounts from an IP each day, the day you create the accounts just hope that the moderators or whoever are lazy and don't close your accounts

i think i figured out a trick, the mods seem to be lazy or just home for the weekend so create the accounts on a friday afternoon, do all the bing searches to earn credits

depending on how many credits they give you for the searches you could earn 100 microsoft points before monday morning which seems to be when they would close the account, redeeming a reward seems to make them think your account is legit and it won't be closed

the downside is i spend about an hour each day just mindlessly clicking to earn the points, but it saves a lot of money and you no longer have to worry about deal of the week when getting games for free

[quote name='Barry Burton']

the downside is i spend about an hour each day just mindlessly clicking to earn the points, but it saves a lot of money and you no longer have to worry about deal of the week when getting games for free[/QUOTE]

See, there's the thing. An hour of my time is worth more than $1.50. I have a feeling a lot of other people feel the same way. That said, if you could do it while doing something else or if there was a way to write a script that would search...

[quote name='Felder71']See, there's the thing. An hour of my time is worth more than $1.50. I have a feeling a lot of other people feel the same way. That said, if you could do it while doing something else or if there was a way to write a script that would search...[/QUOTE]

i listen to espn podcasts, my ipod, or the howard stern show while doing it so it's not completely boring

it's about 7 hours a week to save $25, but hey aren't we cheap ass gamers?

[quote name='Barry Burton']i listen to espn podcasts, my ipod, or the howard stern show while doing it so it's not completely boring

it's about 7 hours a week to save $25, but hey aren't we cheap ass gamers?[/QUOTE]

i'm not trying to be an ass, but why don't you just get a job/second job? seems like you would earn more money than you are saving. just a thought

[quote name='nerdtown']i'm not trying to be an ass, but why don't you just get a job/second job? seems like you would earn more money than you are saving. just a thought[/QUOTE]
If you have to say, "i'm not trying to be an ass" or "i dont mean to offend you but", then you likely are offending/being an ass.

His reasoning is fine, I usually spent an hour a day dicking around on the internet checking out forum posts or listening to music while I idle, so clicking links isnt really a chore to earn some free MSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back