XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ivegotalobon']Does anyone know if i was to get the undead nightmare collection on disk i can install it and play it from just the main game?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so since the retail copy is not DLC. That's only a guess on my part though so I could be wrong.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Does anyone know if i was to get the undead nightmare collection on disk i can install it and play it from just the main game?[/QUOTE]

According to what I've read you'll need the Undead Collection disc in the drive to play that specific content.

No, you cannot. So don't think you can buy-install-return like with Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas/Oblivion/Dragon Age Origins/Borderlands.

[quote name='ooga']I wouldn't think so since the retail copy is not DLC. That's only a guess on my part though so I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't be sure either, but I would think Ooga is probably right.

[quote name='eastx']Well, you could always read the thread to check.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind that there was significant activity in the thread and discussion about NEXT week's "deal" as well. Clearly the thread a day later would have what the deal was, right?

In other news, I don't think I can bring myself to spend more than 400pts (even purchased free or discounted) on NBA Jam after the "fun" I had playing the disk based game.

Dammit, I just bought NBA Jam: On Fire Edition last week at FULL Price!!!! I knew I should've waited. Now to save up for Trials : Evolution......

[quote name='ivegotalobon']cheers guys, wa hoping to keep it seemless without having to change the disks[/QUOTE]

You can if you buy it as DLC...ofcourse there is a fee assocoaited with that solution. :)

I'm a Gold member, but NBA Jam is not coming up 800 for me, but instead regular 1200msp. Are you guys sure it's on sale?

*Well I'm stupid* Took a second look at the date and yeah... >_

[quote name='MiraiLink']I'm a Gold member, but NBA Jam is not coming up 800 for me, but instead regular 1200msp. Are you guys sure it's on sale?[/QUOTE]

That sale starts next Tuesday.

On the US Dashboard, I just took notice of the 400MSP rebate for buying one of the four 'Arcade Next' games. Trials Evolution for a grand total of 800MSP :bouncy:

I have a feeling that disconnects are going to screw me over on the 300 point offer if Microsoft won't recognize the video I had on before XBL disconnected.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']On the US Dashboard, I just took notice of the 400MSP rebate for buying one of the four 'Arcade Next' games. Trials Evolution for a grand total of 800MSP :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the deal? Is it a 400 point rebate when you buy all four titles? I didn't see anything this morning on the dash and can't find anything online.

[quote name='LondonGaijin']On the US Dashboard, I just took notice of the 400MSP rebate for buying one of the four 'Arcade Next' games. Trials Evolution for a grand total of 800MSP :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This would be awesome if it definitely exists. Would probably get Minecraft for 1200, although Bloodforge looks tempting too. Gonna check my dashboard tonight.

Were you given the immediate rebate or is it a future rebate? If its future you might have misread.

If it's the same deal described in the article that someone linked about a page ago, you get 400msp back if one of the Arcade Next titles is the first Arcade game you buy ever. It's the standard awesome deal for people that just got Live for the first time, no way they'd give back such a large percentage on just one game to everyone.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have a feeling that disconnects are going to screw me over on the 300 point offer if Microsoft won't recognize the video I had on before XBL disconnected.[/QUOTE]
Me too, so i'll just have to make sure to hit well over the 10 hour mark for entertainment

just logged in with one of my other silver accounts and on the arcade next promotion it's telling me "Buy one of these four games and get 240 promotional Microsoft Points"

That Rush for Gold promotion/giveaway seems kind of dumb since it's all about buying more Xbox Live subs and making sure that auto-renew is on to get more entries.

[quote name='TwentyBullets']So is NBA Jam worth it for 800? I passed on it the first time around. [/QUOTE]

I would say if you're cheap and on the fence wait for 600. 800 on a 1200 game is kind of a cop out sale and I imagine you'll see 600 once the season is over at some point.

[quote name='TwentyBullets']So is NBA Jam worth it for 800? I passed on it the first time around. I've heard it's also pretty buggy. Can anyone speak to that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not really buggy, more a matter of "it either works for you or it doesn't".

And yes, it's tremendous fun. One of my favorite games from last year.

[quote name='TwentyBullets']So is NBA Jam worth it for 800? I passed on it the first time around. I've heard it's also pretty buggy. Can anyone speak to that?[/QUOTE]

NBA Jam is worth the price if you grew up in the 90's and remember playing it in arcades or on the SNES. If you liked it back then, you'll like it now. If you're new to the series, it'll be fun for a few hours but you'll probably walk away not understanding what all the fuss was about since games have come a long way since NBA Jam debuted.

I haven't encountered any bugs so far (using a newer model 360 so I can't attest to how it runs on older models).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only platform that they're offering a season subscription is on the PC from their official site, so you won't see a bundle for a while.[/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks, I would rather just buy it all while I have the points then have to wait and save them.

[quote name='bchampnd']NBA Jam is worth the price if you grew up in the 90's and remember playing it in arcades or on the SNES. If you liked it back then, you'll like it now. If you're new to the series, it'll be fun for a few hours but you'll probably walk away not understanding what all the fuss was about since games have come a long way since NBA Jam debuted.

I haven't encountered any bugs so far (using a newer model 360 so I can't attest to how it runs on older models).[/QUOTE]

I grew up with NBA Jam on the Genesis so it definitely is harkening back to my nostalgia. I think I'll pick it up. Also get me the triple play rewards offer with it.

Thanks for the quick reviews everyone.

Guess I can't get Trials Evolution. Just under a gig left of hard drive space and not really anything I want to/can dump. Could really use that 320GB...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Guess I can't get Trials Evolution. Just under a gig left of hard drive space and not really anything I want to/can dump. Could really use that 320GB...[/QUOTE]

I've still got about 20GB left, but I'll be in your shoes one day. But I'll probably just dump crappy games that I've got my fill of.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've still got about 20GB left, but I'll be in your shoes one day. But I'll probably just dump crappy games that I've got my fill of.[/QUOTE]

Sadly this isn't the first time I've needed to do some spring cleaning. Alas, I don't really want to part with anything else. Really makes me think I should have just bought the Star Wars bundle just to get the upgrade. Hopefully it gets discounted quick.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Guess I can't get Trials Evolution. Just under a gig left of hard drive space and not really anything I want to/can dump. Could really use that 320GB...[/QUOTE]

I've been juggling space lately as well. I have a 250 and I feel like 320 isn't enough of a jump to be worth it. It'd be nice if I could throw in a 500 GB to 1 TB off the shelf drive.

[quote name='louiedog']I've been juggling space lately as well. I have a 250 and I feel like 320 isn't enough of a jump to be worth it. It'd be nice if I could throw in a 500 GB to 1 TB off the shelf drive.[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been thinking. Not quite as big a jump as 120 to 250 was. 320 seems like a bit of a rip even for Microsoft.

Do you guys have anything on your hard drives besides games? I've got 120+ games on my 120 GB (only 2 full games though, Child of Eden and Halo Reach), and still have a decent amount of room.

Pretty much just games and DLC.

224GB in Games
3MB Gamer Profiles
426MB in Themes
17MB in Gamer Pictures
10MB in Avatar Items
514MB in System Items

Only have maybe a half a dozen full games installed now. Guess I could take of Batman:AA (6.8GB)since I'm done with it now. Rock Band is still the biggest space hog at a little over 10GB.

This absurd hard drive space shortage is one of the key reasons I hope the next generation is not digital only (that and I love having box art displayed on my shelf). If Microsoft wants to go digital only they really need to rethink their storage restrictions.

EDIT: Strike Rock Band. Holy fuck! Mass Effect 2 is 17.1GB! Mass Effect 3 is already 8.4GB and there's only been the initial DLC! Going through my list Halo Reach is nearly 9GB and Forza 3 is 12GB! No wonder I seem to be running low on space. Some of these games are hogs.

I've been moving games I haven't touched in a while to a USB stick to make room on my HDD. I haven't had any problems playing games directly off the USB stick so far, although I'd definitely still prefer to have everything neatly on one HDD.

does the xbox slow down at all with that amount of space left.

I know it's a bit late, but I must say after being glued to my Xbox the past half of a week, finishing Fez, that it is truly one of those must-play games. Think Castle Crashers, Braid, Shadow Complex, Trials, Limbo, etc.

If you're one of those people passing on it waiting for a sale, but you liked the demo even remotely, you should play it. Just think, it was going to be a 1200 title anyway, so think of 800 as a sale price. That's what helped me decide, and I can honestly say I'm glad I did. I haven't played a game that fun, and captivating in YEARS.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Do you guys have anything on your hard drives besides games? I've got 120+ games on my 120 GB (only 2 full games though, Child of Eden and Halo Reach), and still have a decent amount of room.[/QUOTE]

Have 120Gb hdd as well and only 5.5Gb left. :(

But i have 6-7 retail games installed (all Gears 3 stuff take 10Gb :0). My arcades are 140 atm. Should delete crappy stuff like D&D Daggerdale, which i never will play. Not worth sitting there and take 1.7Gb. ;)

My Themes, vids, Gamer pics, avatar stuff all take under 1Gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Do you guys have anything on your hard drives besides games? I've got 120+ games on my 120 GB (only 2 full games though, Child of Eden and Halo Reach), and still have a decent amount of room.[/QUOTE]

~150 XBLA, 9 Games on Demand, and installed disc games that I'm currently playing or will be playing soon. No video, music, pictures, etc. I don't even think that I have any currently installed demos/trials.

I don't like deleting games unless I have to because that's almost a guarantee that I won't play them again. I sometimes just scroll through my list and pick a random game to play. If it's not installed that won't happen. What I need to do is go through and delete DLC for games I've finished and will probably not touch again. I can probably get a few gigs back that way.

For my 250 gig hdd, I always have about 10-20 gigs left. Rock Band 3 is the biggest space hog with just over 25 gigs it takes up. I have about 6-8 games always installed too and I think I have 90+ arcade games.

I find it interesting that my gamer profile takes up 20 MB. I believe that's because of my high gamerscore. It takes hours to retrieve at another person's house. Glad I have that usb stick now

Thought I'd mention, I sprung during the MS 1st party games sale and bought Gears 3 and Rock Band 3 via Games on Demand. With Mass Effect 3 in my disc drive and tons of arcade games, I haven't had the need to get up to ever switch discs since the beginning of March. Ah laziness :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back