XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet? :roll:
No offense to reddjoey. I know he does what he can to keep the thread updated. But here is a few things I noticed just now:

Why is there two sections with "misc sales"? Both with sales on junk avatar items. These are really old and can probably be removed now.

The "Discs that Contain XBLA Games:" section needs to be heavily edited also.

The Family Game Night 3, 4, and Fun Pack games are not discs with XBLA games. They are their own games with 1000 individual gamerscore. Same goes for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection but at least that has a note.

The Sega Dreamcast Collection is not the only way to get Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 anymore. But it can remain on that list since those are actually XBLA games.

If Alien Breed Trilogy (not available in the US) is on the list then you might as well put the Serious Sam HD collection (also not available in the US) on there also.

Just sayin'...
Sorry if I seem ranty but this is one of my favorite threads on the site so I want it to be perfect!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Someone mentioned that it was only for people who had never purchased an XBLA game before, but I can't source that either.

What I do know is that for myself and the vast majority here, no offer was made available.[/QUOTE]
Well, that would explain why I've only seen the offer on my college's communal Xbox. That just makes that deal even lamer than before.

[quote name='yamayama']Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet? [/QUOTE]
Reddjoey asked a while ago if people wanted the thread to be wikified. The majority of people felt he was doing a great job with the thread as is.

[quote name='eastx']To learn more about why Cave doesn't dig Games on Demand, check out my interview with one of their producers! :)[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. :)

Awesomenauts is up. I was worried it wouldn't realease but now that it is live, I personally wouldn't buy it now based only on the assumption it may get delisted due to the financial troubles of the publisher. Having said that, if it is good, I will buy it today :lol:.

Downloading demos for that and Fable Heroes now. Can't wait to try them out when I get home. Have way too many stock piled points sitting around.

Random question. Has anyone played the Sine Mora demo and full game? I played the demo and enjoyed the gameplay but the stages in the demo didn't seem to be linked. There didn't seem to be any cohesion. Were those just random stages put in for the demo? Or was that the first segment of the game?

[quote name='Narsis84']Awesomenauts is up. I was worried it wouldn't realease but now that it is live, I personally wouldn't buy it now based only on the assumption it may get delisted due to the financial troubles of the publisher. Having said that, if it is good, I will buy it today :lol:.

Downloading demos for that and Fable Heroes now. Can't wait to try them out when I get home. Have way too many stock piled points sitting around.

Random question. Has anyone played the Sine Mora demo and full game? I played the demo and enjoyed the gameplay but the stages in the demo didn't seem to be linked. There didn't seem to be any cohesion. Were those just random stages put in for the demo? Or was that the first segment of the game?[/QUOTE]

I have Sine Mora and I'm pretty sure the levels in the demo are not the order you see them in the main game. That said, the game is really back and forth between characters and levels and stuff. Very disconnected. My understanding is that the story comes full circle, but expect to be confused until you finish. I still think it's a great take on the shump, though.

[quote name='yamayama']Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Reddjoey does a great job and everything, but it makes more sense to let the whole community make changes as they come up. It's a nice feature of the site that is underused. He can still be the main contributor, of course. ;)

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Nothing for me for 2 weeks.
Um, whoever was talking about getting the dead island DLC, I wouldn't personally the 2 dlc packs are not worth the cash. "Bloothbath" arena I bought the day it came out, good luck finding anybody playing it and it is easy to level up but it's no where as fun as the single player campaign. The 4 times I ve played it. I always got stuck with a couple 11 year old british kids who had some really foul mouths. "Ryder White DLC" is single player only, no co op and no Achievements. Now Dead island is a great game but the DLC is simply not worth it.[/QUOTE]

yeah that was me as they are half price on the japan marketplace.
thanks for the info, saved me some money.

[quote name='Felder71']I have Sine Mora and I'm pretty sure the levels in the demo are not the order you see them in the main game. That said, the game is really back and forth between characters and levels and stuff. Very disconnected. My understanding is that the story comes full circle, but expect to be confused until you finish. I still think it's a great take on the shump, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

-----------

Keep up the good work Reddjoey. No need to wikifi.

--------

Also, once I test out Awesomenauts, if I pick it up, I'd be up for playing with some CAGs.

[quote name='Thrinn']Reddjoey asked a while ago if people wanted the thread to be wikified. The majority of people felt he was doing a great job with the thread as is[/QUOTE]

I'm torn on Wikifying, Joey does do a great job though.

[quote name='Narsis84']Awesomenauts is up. I was worried it wouldn't realease but now that it is live, I personally wouldn't buy it now based only on the assumption it may get delisted due to the financial troubles of the publisher. Having said that, if it is good, I will buy it today :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Awesomenauts is extremely awesome! I wanted to kill a couple of my teammates but it's an exciting game when there are human players and not bots.

[quote name='Felder71']I have Sine Mora and I'm pretty sure the levels in the demo are not the order you see them in the main game. That said, the game is really back and forth between characters and levels and stuff. Very disconnected. My understanding is that the story comes full circle, but expect to be confused until you finish. I still think it's a great take on the shump, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it can get a bit confusing the first time through. I love the game myself. It has some of the best, and unique, voice work I have seen in a long time in gaming. Plus I love challenging games and Sine Mora is no pushover.

Glad to see Awesomenauts is seeing the light of day although it hasn't been on my radar and I don't know anything about it.

As to the question of thread Wikification, I don't really care either way. I value the conversation of the thread as much as its information and I don't think I'd be a major contributor to the Wiki anyway. However, if it is done I have no problem with it.

[quote name='gordojones88']In my opinion, I don't think people should be complaining about weak sales during the middle of the Microsoft Arcade Next promotion. MS is trying to raise awareness and interest in the new XBLA games Trials Evolution, Fable Heroes, Minecraft 360. Theoretically, that is where you are supposed to be spending you points at this time.

/ 2¢

Joey, you don't have the Arcade Next promotion listed with the XBLA stuff. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Yes, and then when nothing happens after the ARCADE NEXT --- and they move to SUMMER OF ARCADE, what's the excuse then?

[quote name='eastx']You'll be able to beat 95% of all Xbox 360 shmups on the first attempt since only a few like Ikaruga and Omega Five limit continues. [/QUOTE]

You get unlimited continues in Ikaruga, but you have to play the game for 9 hours first to unlock it.

[quote name='ooga']You get unlimited continues in Ikaruga, but you have to play the game for 9 hours first to unlock it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with Omega Five, but the point stands. :)

[quote name='yamayama']Cool new thread... But why hasn't this been wikified yet? :roll:
No offense to reddjoey. I know he does what he can to keep the thread updated. But here is a few things I noticed just now:

Why is there two sections with "misc sales"? Both with sales on junk avatar items. These are really old and can probably be removed now.

The "Discs that Contain XBLA Games:" section needs to be heavily edited also.

The Family Game Night 3, 4, and Fun Pack games are not discs with XBLA games. They are their own games with 1000 individual gamerscore. Same goes for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection but at least that has a note.

The Sega Dreamcast Collection is not the only way to get Sega Bass Fishing and Space Channel 5 Part 2 anymore. But it can remain on that list since those are actually XBLA games.

If Alien Breed Trilogy (not available in the US) is on the list then you might as well put the Serious Sam HD collection (also not available in the US) on there also.

Just sayin'...
Sorry if I seem ranty but this is one of my favorite threads on the site so I want it to be perfect![/QUOTE]

Starting from the top.

Like others said, I asked and it didn't really fly. I wiki-ed the Xbox Rewards thread, but no-one ever updates it. I still do it despite it being like 3 sentences. Not as big of a thread as this but still something that makes me wonder. My main concern is that the OP will get out of control or I would just make more work for myself.

That "junk" sadly is still on sale. Maybe it is time to consolidate all that and stick it behind a spoiler tag.

I'll look at the disc sections and make some corrections. The UK discs are listed in hopes they would come to the US.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Everything that's not the current sales have taken a back seat since my course load at college has kept me very busy. All my free time has gone to studying and staying sane (you know watching tv and living my life). I have a stack of games (to include ME3) that I need to get to. That said, I will try and get some of those corrections done this week, but it is finals week.

This thread is always open to changes and corrections, all it takes is a post or PM letting me know.

[quote name='vherub']are there any promos for buying all the NEXT titles?[/QUOTE]

Probably for the 100th time. No.

[quote name='harry hood']Buy the first 3, get the 4th at full price.[/QUOTE]

My favorite kind of promotion lol.

Thanks MS!

I just bought the back to karkland dlc and got my friends to buy it as well. I just ordered battlefield 3 from best buy the other day for $20 so the timing is perfect. Thanks op.

same here with the battlefield 3. dlc couldn't have come at a better time. need to buy some MS Points and get Awesomenauts later today and download the Fable Heroes demo. Heard lots of good previews on that one.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']same here with the battlefield 3. dlc couldn't have come at a better time. need to buy some MS Points and get Awesomenauts later today and download the Fable Heroes demo. Heard lots of good previews on that one.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Fable Heroes for a couple of days and do not like it. There are quite a few reviews out now and they're mostly in agreement that the game is not good.

[quote name='louiedog']I've been playing Fable Heroes for a couple of days and do not like it. There are quite a few reviews out now and they're mostly in agreement that the game is not good.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I do like it alright but I'm a big beat-em-up fan. There are some obvious problems like how ranged characters are bound to pick up less gold. Plus the garish colors... Still, I think in co-op it's a lot better.

How'd you come by it early if I may ask?

[quote name='eastx']
How'd you come by it early if I may ask?[/QUOTE]

He won a contest.....lucky bastard!

[quote name='eastx']Hmm, I do like it alright but I'm a big beat-em-up fan. There are some obvious problems like how ranged characters are bound to pick up less gold. Plus the garish colors... Still, I think in co-op it's a lot better.

How'd you come by it early if I may ask?[/QUOTE]

Lionhead gave away some codes.

There are lots of odd design choices like the ranged characters and gold. The upgrade system becomes really annoying the farther you get in it because of the randomness. You have to remember which upgrade tiles you've maxed out for those times you can choose one. I wish there was an indication of which level paths you haven't taken. The right one usually leads to the bottom section of the game board, but no always.

It is more enjoyable in co-op. I haven't gotten a four person game going yet, but even just one other person playing does make it more fun. The gameplay still became dull pretty quickly though, so I'd rather replay a brawler that I like better.

I really wish the Fable connection was used better. It's completely superficial. Those are the characters, levels, and enemies from Fable 3, but that's it. There's no questing or story or humor that I associate with the franchise. It's sort of like those Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movies like Epic Movie. Instead of writing parody about pop culture icons they dress up a former Mad TV cast member as one and hit them with a car. The credits were implemented well and that helped make up for some of that.

@ the guy who bought one of the Toy Soldiers: Cold War DLC's (sorry, I don't remember who it was):

Did you have any problems with the achievements not unlocking?

I was really looking forward to Fable Heroes but I am extremely disappointed. Probably one of the worst games I have paid full price for since Xbox Live Arcade started. I was expecting something along the lines of Torchlight but with far less loot, a Fable story, and with more playful characters. Wow, was I way off. Again, one of the worst purchases I have made yet on Xbox Live Arcade.

[quote name='tylerh1701']@ the guy who bought one of the Toy Soldiers: Cold War DLC's (sorry, I don't remember who it was):

Did you have any problems with the achievements not unlocking?[/QUOTE]
I don't know who you're talking about but the achievements are not unlocking for me either.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't know who you're talking about but the achievements are not unlocking for me either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm gonna uninstall and re-install the game and DLC and see if that works, as this isn't a universal problem. A lot of people have got them to work, but mine aren't popping for nuthin.

I passed on Guwange last time it was on sale, but mostly because I'm turned off by the tiny playing field. Does the Xbox 360 game mode use more screen real estate?

[quote name='seppuku']I passed on Guwange last time it was on sale, but mostly because I'm turned off by the tiny playing field. Does the Xbox 360 game mode use more screen real estate?[/QUOTE]

You have two options. Your first is that you can using the screen settings to zoom in until it fills height of your screen. The other option requires a bit more work: you can enable TATE mode, which allows you to rotate the display and your TV 90 degrees to allow the image to use most/all of the widescreen display.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't know who you're talking about but the achievements are not unlocking for me either.[/QUOTE]

I got one achievement in Evil Empire (kill the Super Tank).

I don't think I got any while playing through Napalm.

But I don't really pay attention to those things. The major slowdown in both packs is a much bigger issue to me.

[quote name='wEEman33']I got one achievement in Evil Empire (kill the Super Tank).

I don't think I got any while playing through Napalm.

But I don't really pay attention to those things. The major slowdown in both packs is a much bigger issue to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

And I was able to get 1 achievement to unlock (use Napalm in a versus match) so I don't think I'll have problems with any others. I did have to delete all my saved data (not really a problem cuz I was 100% finished with the main game) and then uninstall everything, then I reinstalled the game followed by the Naplam DLC then the Evil Empire one.

Also, based on the demo, Fable Heroes seems like it should be a fun mindless jaunt if it ever drops to 400msp or I can pick it up on the CAG marketplace. The controls did feel a little bit sluggish and the combat was pretty pedestrian, but I've spent 400msp on a lot worse.

Wow Fable Heroes looked good (visually anyway) but I was bored in the first 2 minutes. Still want to snag it sometime but I can defnitely wait for a deal on it.

Not sure if I want to snag Awesomnauts or not. It's kinda cool but not sure I want to pay for it on 360 when it's free on PSN. Don't really want to miss out if the game gets pulled though. Is it worth a $5 gamble? If I wasn't on my last 4k card I probably wouldn't hesitate as much.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is it worth a $5 gamble?[/QUOTE]

No, enjoy your PS3 version and if it ever goes on sale for Xbox and you still feel like you need to double dip, then grab it.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Does Guwange give infinite continues? I really enjoy shmups, but I am TERRIBLE at them, so I kind of just enjoy playing through them while dying a million times.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does Guwange give infinite continues? I really enjoy shmups, but I am TERRIBLE at them, so I kind of just enjoy playing through them while dying a million times.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I second this sentiment and question.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does Guwange give infinite continues? I really enjoy shmups, but I am TERRIBLE at them, so I kind of just enjoy playing through them while dying a million times.[/QUOTE]

It does... lol. For $5 you can't go wrong. I picked it up last time it was on sale a few months back. I have really enjoyed it. They did a great job with the port. The 360 mode is pretty fun and a hell of a lot easier than the standard game. It does have some near impossible cheevos tho.

My issue with Awesomenauts is that I'm concerned the community on XBL will be nonexistent or die out fast. A game like this needs good people to play with. Single player is next to pointless.

[quote name='Felder71']My issue with Awesomenauts is that I'm concerned the community on XBL will be nonexistent or die out fast. A game like this needs good people to play with. Single player is next to pointless.[/QUOTE]

I have the same worry. Especially having bought the game already. Players were dropping left and right last night but that is to be expected on the first night of release. I played maybe 8 games and only 1 was full for over 50% of the time.

The gameplay is fun and I feel it is fairly balanced. It needs a few more levels and more neutral NPCs but other than that, I don't feel it needs much. The levels could be larger as well but they don't need more turrets. There are already spots reserved for "coming soon" characters but, the existing ones are enough.

Side note: Does anyone else get logged out on CAG when posting sometimes? I am on here mainly during work and I will minimize the window for a meeting or if I leave the office and then finish a post a few minutes later but when I submit it, it doesn't go through and I have to re-log and retype everything. I have learned to copy and paste my posts into Word but I sometimes forget. Usually I don’t have it minimized for more than 5 minutes but when I click post after I am done, it is back to square one.

I hope it doesn't hurt to ask here: Is anyone's 300 point Triple Play haul showing up under pending on the Rewards site? It's not for me, and I am very positive I should be qualifying.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I hope it doesn't hurt to ask here: Is anyone's 300 point Triple Play haul showing up under pending on the Rewards site? It's not for me, and I am very positive I should be qualifying.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I heard the points actually won't show up as pending. When May 15th rolls around, they should just automatically be added to your account.

I thought Fable Heroes was ok but it seemed a bit janky, like they'd rushed it out. I might pick it up if it ever hits 400 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Felder71']My issue with Awesomenauts is that I'm concerned the community on XBL will be nonexistent or die out fast. A game like this needs good people to play with. Single player is next to pointless.[/QUOTE]

Agree, that's definitely a major concern. The single player offering is awful, I wish they would have fleshed it out a little bit more.

[quote name='sp8001']It does... lol. For $5 you can't go wrong. I picked it up last time it was on sale a few months back. I have really enjoyed it. They did a great job with the port. The 360 mode is pretty fun and a hell of a lot easier than the standard game. It does have some near impossible cheevos tho.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I'll buy it. I've got 850 points on my account burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

I tried Virtual On again, I am just not understanding that game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']
I tried Virtual On again, I am just not understanding that game.[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. On the bright side though, I played the game for less than 10 minutes and managed to unlock half the achievements by accident. So there's an incentive for you.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I tried Virtual On again, I am just not understanding that game.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried watching this tutorial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-67BkxgCfE

Just remember that you're supposed to Jump -> Jump Cancel to lock on to enemies, rather than actually turn.

Then again, I haven't gotten into the game myself. I'll do it eventually, though, I swear.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Narsis84']Side note: Does anyone else get logged out on CAG when posting sometimes? I am on here mainly during work and I will minimize the window for a meeting or if I leave the office and then finish a post a few minutes later but when I submit it, it doesn't go through and I have to re-log and retype everything. I have learned to copy and paste my posts into Word but I sometimes forget. Usually I don’t have it minimized for more than 5 minutes but when I click post after I am done, it is back to square one.[/QUOTE]
That used to happen to me all the time a few years ago when I was using the site from a different computer and location (not a home pc). I too found that a copy and paste solution was often needed. Now still am logged out sometimes because I've spent too much time looking at one page or typing a message but simply logging back in brings me right back to where I was. When it happened in the past though, it was as you describe and a little frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back