XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='chuckie88']I agree with Primis that the enitire setting of Toy Soldiers works for the game more than Toy Soldiers:Cold War. I also second everything that tylerh1701 wrote in his post declaring the original the superior choice. I don't know how you could not be let down with the sequel after playing the first. I could not have put my own opinion any better.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :D

[quote name='WonkyToad']OK. I have been holding back and biting my tongue so hard it is bleading.
I can't do it any more.

Wow!... What started as a simple post, got so long I decided it was best to turn it into a blog instead.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=24071[/QUOTE]
While I wouldn't go that far, the dashboard definitely feels like it's half-finished and needs another big update to fix all of the small issues that are noticeable through extended use. It probably isn't helped by the hardware being seven years old, so I would hope the next system is fast as hell and more durable over the long haul.

A spectacular week of Tom Clancy DLC that's all already been on sale somewhat recently and Hero DLC that mostly, or perhaps totally, has been discounted before. :whistle2:T

Maybe I'll bite on LINKIN PARK SONGS! for the hell of it, but not a single one is a tune I recognize from my younger days, so...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']A spectacular week of Tom Clancy DLC that's all already been on sale somewhat recently and Hero DLC that mostly, or perhaps totally, has been discounted before. :whistle2:T

Maybe I'll bite on LINKIN PARK SONGS! for the hell of it, but not a single one is a tune I recognize from my younger days, so...[/QUOTE]

If you don't recognize them from your younger days then the songs probably suck. They really went downhill after their 2nd cd.

Man, I am already burnt out on Minecraft without even playing 1 second of the game. With all this hype it is bound to be a disappointment.

[quote name='ooga']Man, I am already burnt out on Minecraft without even playing 1 second of the game. With all this hype it is bound to be a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

If you expect an actual game, you'll be disappointed.

If you are open to a toy that you can play with other people and glean experiences and stories from that will last long after you're not playing it... then you'll appreciate it.

I didn't get all the Minecraft hype, but I played for over 2 hours yesterday and had a blast. Going back for more tonight, gotta find some more iron!

I'd guess that that'll be the normal price at Best Buy according to their past "deals" since I believe they still sell Fat Princess for PSN at the same price it's been for a couple of years now.

[quote name='crunchewy']The best buy price for Minecraft is up to $20. So it seems their $15 price wasn't a sale, but a mistake.[/QUOTE]
I went into a Best Buy here in Metro Atlanta and purchased it for $15 at just after 7 pm today (5/9/12) so maybe YMMV?
No tax on it either so it was $15 even, take that Microsoft!:booty:

[quote name='chuckie88']I went into a Best Buy here in Metro Atlanta and purchased it for $15 at just after 7 pm today (5/9/12) so maybe YMMV?
No tax on it either so it was $15 even, take that Microsoft!:booty:[/QUOTE]

When I checked the leaderboards about 10 hours after it went on sale there were 170,000 people on it. Microsoft's cut of your $15 tipped a valet at a very expensive restaurant tonight. :)

[quote name='eastx']Now that Minecraft is here... My full, not-just-impressions review of Fable Heroes finally ran at Co-Optimus today. Please check it out and agree or disagree![/QUOTE]

While I fully understand that, first, you didn't write the Shank 2 review, and, second, using numerical scores as a way of quantifying games as innately superior, inferior, or equivalent at a review site is absurd... I still wretch at the idea that Shank 2 and Fable Heroes received the same numerical score, even from a co-op standpoint.

[quote name='chuckie88']I went into a Best Buy here in Metro Atlanta and purchased it for $15 at just after 7 pm today (5/9/12) so maybe YMMV?
No tax on it either so it was $15 even, take that Microsoft!:booty:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='louiedog']When I checked the leaderboards about 10 hours after it went on sale there were 170,000 people on it. Microsoft's cut of your $15 tipped a valet at a very expensive restaurant tonight. :)[/QUOTE]
I haven't even activated it yet but that is pretty high numbers early on. I'm curious as to what their cut out of the $15 is but I'd guess the extra $5 would have went straight to them. (To help pay for advertisements on the dashboard?;))

I'd guess that Micro$oft bigwigs eat at expensive restaurants with or without my help. In comparison, for lunch today I used double freebie coupon deals to get 2 hotdogs and a 32oz peach tea from a Racetrac convenience store rollergrill and fountain station. $0/Free Lunch (not even gasoline), take that usual-pack-a-lunch-at-home routine! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
on the dash there is a horro sale.
i click it and some horror movies are 100 msp and there are some other horror movies cheap. then i see a tab for games so i go to it and see resident evil 4. i get excited and click it and the price is still the same.
what is the point of having a sale tab and nothing on sale.

[quote name='star65']on the dash there is a horro sale.
i click it and some horror movies are 100 msp and there are some other horror movies cheap. then i see a tab for games so i go to it and see resident evil 4. i get excited and click it and the price is still the same.
what is the point of having a sale tab and nothing on sale.[/QUOTE]

If true, what a pisser. I'd be so upset to see that and I'd have the same line of thought. Well, maybe RE4 and Crysis will get a discount someday......in 2014

[quote name='Sath666']Just bought Bubble Bobble Neo and i'm glad i did it. Have a blast with the game again! :D
I doubt this one will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Does the game have infinite continues? That has been a requirement of mine for these old-skool games as of late.

[quote name='Sath666']Just bought Bubble Bobble Neo and i'm glad i did it. Have a blast with the game again! :D
I doubt this one will go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I bought it about 2 months ago, finally caved in because I was tired of waiting for a drop. Had a blast playing through it again (all 3 different modes) and my brother enjoyed it too.

[quote name='ooga']Does the game have infinite continues? That has been a requirement of mine for these old-skool games as of late.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

Just an FYI: Some of you have some extra MSPs to spend now. Today I got 350 reward MSPs deposited to my account that I earned in April (300 from the promotion and another 50 for survey + renewal).

[quote name='ooga']Just an FYI: Some of you have some extra MSPs to spend now. Today I got 350 reward MSPs deposited to my account that I earned in April (300 from the promotion and another 50 for survey + renewal).[/QUOTE]

Got 120, i was lazy to do the 300MSP promo. Thanks for the heads up.

Free Minecraft code for raptr users

You must link your facebook account to raptr and be ranked dedicated or better in one of the following games:

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-Total Miner: Forge (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.

[quote name='louiedog']Free Minecraft code for raptr users

You must link your facebook account to raptr and be ranked dedicated or better in one of the following games:

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.[/QUOTE]

Heheh was keeping an eye on this all morning, but all for nothing. I have the XBLA games but haven't played one minute of any of them. Oh well.

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

It took a few minutes for mine to show as eligible after linking my FB account. I also ran the raptr client, but not sure if that mattered.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Now time to give this to a friend so he can play with me!

EDIT: Thanks again for the heads up louiedog! I essentially now have 4 copies of the game for $16!

[quote name='RollingSkull']While I fully understand that, first, you didn't write the Shank 2 review, and, second, using numerical scores as a way of quantifying games as innately superior, inferior, or equivalent at a review site is absurd... I still wretch at the idea that Shank 2 and Fable Heroes received the same numerical score, even from a co-op standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Heh, well. We use a rubric and take co-op features into account, such as the ability for local and online players to join the same game. That said, I didn't review or play Shank 2, so not sure how I'd rate it, co-op or otherwise.

Damn, I have a few of those, but just don't have the right rank. I need 6 more hours to get dedicated in Trials.

-Bastion (360)
-Dungeon Defenders (360)
-Orcs Must Die! (360)
-Trials Evolution (360)
-Minecraft (PC)
-CastleMiner Z (360)
-CastleMiner (360)
-FortressCraft (360)
-Terraria (PC)

link

Bummer, I know I'd be Dedicated in Bastion, but I'm away and have no access to my 360. I just joined Raptr a few minutes ago, but for some reason they have none of my Xbox 360 achievement info.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm dedictated in Orcs Must Die, I guess if I link my raptr to my Facebook I can get the code. Don't really want to, but if I can get the code and sell it for a few bucks, it will help pay for the code I bought yesterday.[/QUOTE]

How much would you want for it?

Millions of thanks Louiedog!

And thank you Orcs Must Die! I didn't even particularly care for it, but my 9 achievements were enough to qualify me as "dedicated"! And whoever said that achievements are worthless!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The thing I always hate about Facebook integration is when they want to post stuff on my feed, so I have a fake alt account for that stuff.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. I'll probably take away raptr's publishing right's to my Facebook after I know the code has been redeemed.

I have an alternate Facebook account, but I completely forgot about it! :wall:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The thing I always hate about Facebook integration is when they want to post stuff on my feed, so I have a fake alt account for that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Raptr allows you to turn all Facebook notifications off - you just need to remember to edit the settings (within Raptr).

[quote name='eastx']Rapt allows you to turn all Facebook notifications off - you just need to remember to edit the settings (within Raptr).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back