XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MasaTFC']so this is a PSA reminder- Go buy Rayman fucking Origins. Its 800 MSP, and its amazing.[/QUOTE]

I really want to, but it's not 800MS points for me, it's 1400.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']lol, ok, Xbox Live just went out for me at 12:00 am on the dot. For a second I thought the world might actually be ending.[/QUOTE]

Still got like 6 hours or so until the end of the mayan calendar ;)

[quote name='karekano126']Yup. Unless you consider Gears of War 3 season pass as a xbla game. That is the only 'paid' thing I've bought on xbox live.

I guess it's more of a first experience thing that is holding me back from purchasing. I imagine if I grab one game today, the flood gates will open and I'll grab everything that I'm even slightly interested in. It's that first step that's hard I guess.

EDIT: Splosion man I bought in the disc with limbo, trials and splosion man.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, take that step. It's fun. ;)

Gooble, gobble, we accept you, we accept you! One of us, one of us!

[quote name='dirtyvu']did you like Serious Sam: The First Encounter or Serious Sam: The Second Encounter?

if you liked those, you'll like Serious Sam 3. It's similar gameplay but wtih modern graphics. the other 2 were revamped with newer graphics (lighting, textures) but the models were pretty much the same. SS3 looks like a newer game.

but it has occasional split-second pauses during the game. I just got it. went through a couple of levels. here's me playing the first level (I basically only have a melee weapon since the first firearm only came with 10 bullets):
[/QUOTE]

Note that the pistol has infinite ammo just like the pistol in the previous iterations. The 10 rounds is just the magazine size. :)

[quote name='ooga'][quote name='dark_inchworm']I'll be working on around 275 after this sale's over and done with. I don't know what's more ridiculous, how many XBLA games I have or how little time I've put into the collection - I've gone several weeks at a time without gaming (why?) and have a habit of quickly shifting interest from one game to another, so I've finished so very few of my games. And let's not even talk about my absurd piles upon piles of games on disc/cartridge.

I wouldn't go back on most of those purchases, though I do wonder what possessed me to buy the sports titles on XBLA...[/QUOTE]

You just saved me from having to type the exact same thing. Time I can put towards NOT playing the games I picked up. ;)[/QUOTE]

Whoa ... you guys just saved me from saying that 1st thing AND the 2nd thing by merely copy & pasting! :lol:

Ok silly question I don't see how to use XBL points to buy games on demand people are claiming Rayman O for 800 pts but all I see is 9.99 with CC.

[quote name='thedragon']I was just like you - bought the Limbo 3 pack a few weeks back, was blown away by how good they were. Today I decided to take the plunge and bought a $20 card and got Mark of the Ninja, Fez, and Trine 2. I'm really liking what I've played so far - go for it![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I caved and got MotN, Fez, Bully SE and Super Meat Boy. Thanks everyone for pushing me towards my first purchase on xbla. I'll do my best to get +100 backlog of xbla games like the other cag mentioned. :D

[quote name='tightclaws']Ok silly question I don't see how to use XBL points to buy games on demand people are claiming Rayman O for 800 pts but all I see is 9.99 with CC.[/QUOTE]

Press X button to switch between points and dollars. It's written on the bottom of the screen, I missed it myself a few months ago.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I better get started on my backlog[/QUOTE]

not enough time we must all cram our remaining time left by making posts bitching about bad gamestop employees, best buy managers, and el hoardo.

[quote name='tightclaws']Ok silly question I don't see how to use XBL points to buy games on demand people are claiming Rayman O for 800 pts but all I see is 9.99 with CC.[/QUOTE]

There's instructions in the original post on how to buy games on demand with points, instead of a card.

SHOTS!!!! :beer:

[quote name='tylerh1701']SHOTS!!!! :beer:[/QUOTE]

I laughed, then thought Man I look at this thread way too much-I remember your posts from earlier.

Well I bit on Trine 2. I'm drunk and I got to the first room past the first hut in the trial and said, yep, this looks awesome.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']not enough time we must all cram our remaining time left by making posts bitching about bad gamestop employees, best buy managers, and el hoardo.[/QUOTE]

And the sales, we need to bitch about the sales

[quote name='seppuku']Note that the pistol has infinite ammo just like the pistol in the previous iterations. The 10 rounds is just the magazine size. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah, I didn't know that when I played the first level. :)

[quote name='bajingo']I laughed, then thought Man I look at this thread way too much-I remember your posts from earlier.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone brother. #-o

Got Trine 2 and Hell Yeah. Waiting on Deadlight and Dust. Hope they are 50%-75%.
Damn Im still hoping the two ?? days are something unexpected like Mass Effect DLC :)

With all the Bully praise I'm glad I got it for $7 when Bestbuy had that B1G1 sale. Too bad my Bully doesn't have a manual :cry:. Anybody know where one would purchase manuals?

[quote name='karekano126']Yeah, I caved and got MotN, Fez, Bully SE and Super Meat Boy. Thanks everyone for pushing me towards my first purchase on xbla. I'll do my best to get +100 backlog of xbla games like the other cag mentioned. :D[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty great list of games to start with, especially one of my favoite games ever Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Still got like 6 hours or so until the end of the mayan calendar ;)[/QUOTE]

You mean winter solstice. mayan calendar ended already.

[quote name='Dthib87']You mean winter solstice. mayan calendar ended already.[/QUOTE]

and so it begins...

[quote name='preston181']There's instructions in the original post on how to buy games on demand with points, instead of a card.[/QUOTE]

Aw crap, I knew I forgot something in the latest OP edit ... more green asterisks! :)
DONE! ... We can just move the "spoiler" section down as daily deals unlock ... no sense in putting more than 6 of those explanations in the OP. :lol:

BTW, added notes to both RDR & LA-Noire to try to steer people away from those editions. Hopefully someone will get smart & checkout prices at gaming stores before they pull the trigger? :roll:

[quote name='Cornelius']Whoa ... you guys just saved me from saying that 1st thing AND the 2nd thing by merely copy & pasting! :lol:[/QUOTE]

You can add me to the list too! I'm drowning in my backlog.

You all crack me up. I remember Tyler and the drink joke too. I camp this thread all day. I want MCLA but will try to get the disc if it hits $10 again.

You know your buying way too many games on Xbox live when a sale of this magnitude comes around and there are only 2-3 games in the entire sale that you don't already have.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
If i recall correctly, you get that gamerpic ingame from spolsion man.[/QUOTE]

You CAN get them in the trial versions though....

D'oh. #-o Not enough points for Mark of the Ninja and Fez. Had to make a Sophie's Choice and pick Fez. Sucks being only 100 points short.

Hopefully I can run the PC version of Mark of the Ninja when I buy it later. My ATi HD3000 series card doesn't even meet the recommended requirements.

[quote name='Cornelius']Aw crap, I knew I forgot something in the latest OP edit ... more green asterisks! :)
DONE![/QUOTE]
Cornelius, the OP is pretty and well done, but... I think that the conversion dollars=MSP should be on the top of it with big green caps. Just a thought.

I never had a problem because you can clearly see at the moment of purchase the option to convert, but the attention of a lot of people seems to be only in the price (up the window) and don't see the bottom part where the option is offered.

Same with the op, if they must browse down to see it... well, it will be unnoticed as well.

This sale has really highlighted how it really sucks that we can't use our own hdds. My 250 gig filled up weeks ago, now I've bought Rayman Origins and don't have enough room to download it.

I know it's only avatar items but the prices in the OP are wrong... all of them are half off from what is listed right now, only the helmet and the golden retriever are priced correctly =O

I know it's had to have been said, but it bares repeating. RDR normal edition is 19.99 on Amazon...well it's that normally, it's actually 19.36 on "sale" at the moment. Anyway consider that if you prefer physical media but want the game and/or have Prime.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']This sale has really highlighted how it really sucks that we can't use our own hdds. My 250 gig filled up weeks ago, now I've bought Rayman Origins and don't have enough room to download it.[/QUOTE]
You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.

Tried Mark of the Ninja and, oh boy... that game deserves all the praise it's been collecting! The art style, narrative, soundtrack and multiple approaches to every situation, there's really everything a stealth lover can wish for!

Then, I booted up the Xbox SmartGlass app lured by the fabled "enhanced experience" and expecting some nice touches like a minimap or an inventory screen managed through my smartphone, but all I've got is a lousy page with links to the official site and community and a short recap of the game's controls.
Talk about disappointment... :booty:

Snatched Fez too, the demo was entertaining and visually appealing, hope the rest will be up to standard :)

[quote name='hufferstl']You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider it an issue as much as I would an inconvenience. I keep a tidy list of what I've had to knock off my hard drive (some huge XBLA games, DLC for games I don't even own yet, etc.) but I would rather just keep all the things on there, obviously.

I draw the line at touching my roughly 21 GB Rock Band song collection though. Making sure I actually redeemed all my 250+ free tunes from the 2009 Pepsi promo was enough of a pain in the ass. All that trash rummaging was worth it though :lol:

I also finally tried Mark of the Ninja last night, and then bought it for 600. Pretty sweet game. Love the artstyle and the demo was really fun. I'm looking forward to playing it more tonight.

I also bought Trine 2 and Fez. So that today's deals are lame, I don't mind. I'm happy. :)

I've so far picked up so many platformers, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy and Trine 2. And there is still Deadlight...

What are you guys hoping for with the unclear sales? I wish Crysis and I Am Alive would happen. Unlikely.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']So still nothing but rumors for the 22nd? Kind of surprised by that...[/QUOTE]
I know right?! I'm so curious what's happening on the 22nd.

[quote name='TommyLove']I know right?! I'm so curious what's happening on the 22nd.[/QUOTE]

I checked the prices on Forza season passes hopeful I would discover something awesome.. but nope. No Forza sale... Yet. ;-)

[quote name='hufferstl']You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.[/QUOTE]

Not Double Dragon! It loads up as a trial and says it's not available when I try to d/l it again.

I can't play Test Drive Unlimited either. It says something about cannot load game, DLC no longer available.

[quote name='disilluzion']Not Double Dragon! It loads up as a trial and says it's not available when I try to d/l it again.

I can't play Test Drive Unlimited either. It says something about cannot load game, DLC no longer available.[/QUOTE]

That's a sounds like a job for Microsoft's crack technical support team!

[quote name='Shifty Effect']That's a sounds like a job for Microsoft's crack technical support team![/QUOTE]
ms wont fix such things they can care less about stuff they got paid for. The companies these days tell us what we want. bow down cause we lost most rights like this. They know we wont even do anything these days. I bowed down long ago and take what scrapes they give me. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: sad cause it is pretty much true. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back