XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mad Catz plastic instruments sale still seems to be going on, as well as the Dance Central 3 song packs sale (is that really a sale, or just normal price)? Both show in the OP as ending on the 17th. FYI.

Also the platformers from yesterday still seem to be on sale. At least some of them, anyway.

[quote name='crunchewy']Also the platformers from yesterday still seem to be on sale. At least some of them, anyway.[/QUOTE]

Looks like just the Rayman Origins sale ended, though it went on sale earlier than the others. There will still probably be someone who will say they missed it.

OP is updated.

Seeing MotN still at 600 this morning, I checked out the Quick Look and it looks great. So, I'm rethinking my countdown purchase plan. For those who've played both, would you get Dust or MotN for 600? (don't have points for both)

Edit: What the hell. Picked up MotN & will try to pick up some extra points to get me through the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fatboyjam']Seeing MotN still at 600 this morning, I checked out the Quick Look and it looks great. So, I'm rethinking my countdown purchase plan. For those who've played both, would you get Dust or MotN for 600? (don't have points for both)[/QUOTE]

I've played both to nearly 100% completion. They're probably my two favorite XBLA games of the year. They're both extremely impressive in their own ways. Ninja solves the problem of how to make stealth games fun. Dust shows what one talented person working really, really hard can accomplish. (It's also a great "Metroidvania" game if you like that subgenre). I'd probably give Ninja the slightest edge as a game experience but I think the Dust guy deserves our money for making such an impressive game almost entirely single-handedly.

[quote name='n64ra']why isnt the la noire pass on sale?!?![/QUOTE]

Games and their DLC rarely go on sale at the same time.

[quote name='illennium']I've played both to nearly 100% completion. They're probably my two favorite XBLA games of the year. They're both extremely impressive in their own ways. Ninja solves the problem of how to make stealth games fun. Dust shows what one talented person working really, really hard can accomplish. (It's also a great "Metroidvania" game if you like that subgenre). I'd probably give Ninja the slightest edge as a game experience but I think the Dust guy deserves our money for making such an impressive game almost entirely single-handedly.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your feedback. Each's game 'style' is impressive, but it's good to hear that both hold up in the 'substance' department too.Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong picking up either of these games. I'm definitely not feeling buyer's remorse after picking up Ninja, I just need to get some more points so I can pick up Dust too.

So far, the next day's sale content has been on sale on xbox.com a day in advance. Tony Hawk HD is not on sale yet. That's not good. I have points with its name on them, I may give in and buy it full price tomorrow if it's not on sale.

Picked up Bully, RAW, and Rock Band 3. I had Rock Band 3 but going to give my disc to a friend who doesn't. Think I'll like it being on the hard drive and will probably play it more.

This was my reaction to the rockstar sales....

MAX PAYNE 20 dollars off SWEET!

oh wait its still 40 dollars. -_- Nevermind.

Might pick up dust, skyrim DLC though.

[quote name='hufferstl']You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.[/QUOTE]

This sounds easy to someone that's not going through it. But I'm in the same boat. I've deleted all disc installs due to lack of space. All 250 GB is dedicated to dlc, game saves, and apps. I'm at the point that in order to download a 4 GB games on demand game, I have to delete a 5 GB god. That's a real pain, especially sharing a connection.

I always check the sale before I go to bed, and assumed whatever I saw (at 1am) would be the following days sale. Last night, I decided to download the demos for Hell Yeah and Ninja, and play them today before deciding if I wanted them (Why not? I have 24 hours!). Wrong. Should have checked CAG first, and I would have realized that I was seeing stuff from the previous day that was soon to end.

Now I want Hell Yeah, But Not sure If I want to spend 1200pts on it.

[quote name='Bloomy']Added demo links to the OP for upcoming countdown games that have demos.[/QUOTE]

Awesome idea, thanks! I keep meaning to add "Metacritic" & "First Look" links, but just can't seem to justify that 2 hours or so. I'll see if I can carve out some time tonight, since we're getting into some lesser-known titles on Sunday ... and people should also have some advance warning as to how badly "Tony Hawk HD" was received. :lol:

[quote name='idontcare']I always check the sale before I go to bed, and assumed whatever I saw (at 1am) would be the following days sale. Last night, I decided to download the demos for Hell Yeah and Ninja, and play them today before deciding if I wanted them (Why not? I have 24 hours!). Wrong. Should have checked CAG first, and I would have realized that I was seeing stuff from the previous day that was soon to end. Now I want Hell Yeah, But Not sure If I want to spend 1200pts on it.[/QUOTE]

Same rule here as it is with Steam sales ... unless it's on sale for the entire 2 weeks, grab it now. Otherwise the only "buy" decision you should be sitting on are the 2-week-long sales that didn't pop on some daily deal. However, since "Hell Yeah" is a SEGA title, I'd think it'll come back within the first half of 2013, and hopefully bring the DLC along with it this time!

[quote name='dirtyvu']This sounds easy to someone that's not going through it. But I'm in the same boat. I've deleted all disc installs due to lack of space. All 250 GB is dedicated to dlc, game saves, and apps. I'm at the point that in order to download a 4 GB games on demand game, I have to delete a 5 GB god. That's a real pain, especially sharing a connection.[/QUOTE]
My 250 GB hard drive is on the brink of filling up. I usually keep 4 or 5 games installed at a time, since I tend to jump around between games rather than sticking with one until it's finished. But I'm at the point of going through old DLC for games I haven't played in a while and seeing what I can get rid of. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's going to suck when I decide to pop in Borderlands 1 or something one day, but oops, I need to re-download 3 gigs worth of DLC before my save will load.

[quote name='dirtyvu']This sounds easy to someone that's not going through it. But I'm in the same boat. I've deleted all disc installs due to lack of space. All 250 GB is dedicated to dlc, game saves, and apps. I'm at the point that in order to download a 4 GB games on demand game, I have to delete a 5 GB god. That's a real pain, especially sharing a connection.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you ... but I still have 40'ish GB of movies I can burn if necessary. I do have all my XBLA+DLC loaded for such an emergency when I'll need to play "Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light" at a moment's notice(!) ... but I realized that since disc-based games aren't an impulse play, I can leave that DLC off the HDD, and restore it when I'm ready to grab all 4 addons to Borderlands, for example. Eventually I'll get desperate & throw a couple of 32GB flash drives onto the system, but for now, the 250GB drive is a reminder that hoarding is a disease & not "preparedness". :lol:

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Didn't heed the warning about Midnight Club's higher MSP price, and they ended up getting 280 extra points than they should have out of me. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

You can call 800-4MY-XBOX, select help with Live and then when they have someone on the line, they'll instantly refund those 280 points. I did that myself earlier today.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']So still nothing but rumors for the 22nd? Kind of surprised by that...[/QUOTE]I checked the Neogaf thread again & it said Tony Hawk HD. As for the other day, 26th, it's rumored to be Counter Strike.

& I'm sure it won't happen, but it'd be awesome if the Model 2 Sega fighting games were discounted on the 30th since the theme is fighting games.

[quote name='Cornelius']the 250GB drive is a reminder that hoarding is a disease & not "preparedness". :lol:[/QUOTE]

at least you're in a forum for other carriers of the hoardo disease.

-i read a random post online about someone using a 1 TB HD on their slim, is this possible?

Yeah this 250/350 gig max stuff is just not well thought out by microsoft. I'm sure they'll change that for the new xbox. I mean how can they push so much content between movies, music, dlc and games and expect us to only need 250? After putting my three lego games I purchased I'm also running out of space. Never thought that would happen.

[quote name='bajingo']at least you're in a forum for other carriers of the hoardo disease.

-i read a random post online about someone using a 1 TB HD on their slim, is this possible?[/QUOTE]

At some point in the next year, I'm definitely upgrading my PS3 HDD to at least 500 GB.

I just wish the I could grab a 320 GB for like $50, then I'd just use the 250 GB for stuff I haven't played in years. Or maybe I should just get another Xbox console!!

Gears of War 3 is like 10 GB between the install and DLC
Halo4 is like 14 GB (I don't even play it but as soon as I delete it, I'll get tons of requests asking to play)
Civilization, Street Fighter 4 and Hitman are about 20 GB between them with install size and DLC and I'm playing this alot now. Then there is the 6 GB Alan Wake + DLC that I never even booted up.

I had to delete all my Borderlands DLC (which I never played), Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV DLC, Dragon Age DLC that I think was about 30 GB. Then there was the GoD version of Transformers I had to delete because of space.

But really, it's the Live Arcade games that eat up the space. Double Dragon Neon, Nights, Sonic Adventure 2, Shank 2, Dust, etc are all like 2 GB each and it just all adds up so fast.

"-i read a random post online about someone using a 1 TB HD on their slim, is this possible?"

IIRC you can use whatever size you want (by modding or external HDD), but the 360 won't recognize more than 320 GB.

[quote name='Barry Burton']if microsoft delists a game that you deleted from your hard drive, can you still redownload that game?[/QUOTE]

I own two delisted games.

UMK3 I am able to download from the history

TMNT turtles in time rs I cannot download. I talked to support and they told me I was shit out of luck.

[quote name='Decker']You can call 800-4MY-XBOX, select help with Live and then when they have someone on the line, they'll instantly refund those 280 points. I did that myself earlier today.[/QUOTE]
Oh wow. I'll try that later on tonight. Thanks.

[quote name='Dthib87']I own two delisted games.

TMNT turtles in time rs I cannot download. I talked to support and they told me I was shit out of luck.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my Purchase History under Arcade games and clicked the Add to Queue link. This is what I see:
Turtles In Time RS 8/19/2009
Turtles In Time RS has been successfully added to your download queue.

I think you were misinformed

[quote name='Dthib87']I own two delisted games.

TMNT turtles in time rs I cannot download. I talked to support and they told me I was shit out of luck.[/QUOTE]

I never knew it was delisted, but I redownloaded it a month ago and had no issues

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Oh wow. I'll try that later on tonight. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It should work fine, but just to be safe, I'd do it tonight before the price rises again.
For the record, this is what shows in my Transation History:

recent transactions

Microsoft Points
Credit 12/21/2012

280 points

Midnight Club: LA
Purchase 12/21/2012

1,080 points
So they did put that refund right through.

[quote name='Decker']I just looked at my Purchase History under Arcade games and clicked the Add to Queue link. This is what I see:

I think you were misinformed[/QUOTE]

I'm going to check again right now but when i tried a year ago it wasn't in my history and support wouldn't help me.

I'm hoping MS upgrades space to 500GB to match pace with the PS3 system. Nintendo is oddly the most open about this, allowing 2TB and all.

I'm really hoping Microsoft ditches the properitary hard drives in a measure to lower the cost of the system. I mean some people might hate not having the hard drive come with the system, but I'd much rather have the choice as a consumer for what size hard drive I want

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm hoping MS upgrades space to 500GB to match pace with the PS3 system. Nintendo is oddly the most open about this, allowing 2TB and all.

I'm really hoping Microsoft ditches the properitary hard drives in a measure to lower the cost of the system. I mean some people might hate not having the hard drive come with the system, but I'd much rather have the choice as a consumer for what size hard drive I want[/QUOTE]

Is there a 500GB limit on the PS3?

Yeah, Turtles in time RS isn't in my history but I have some achievements from so I definitely bought it. wtf?

It appears to only be removed from the north american market. do you live somewhere else?

[quote name='Dthib87']Yeah, Turtles in time RS isn't in my history but I have some achievements from so I definitely bought it. wtf?[/QUOTE]

Where are you checking your history, console or web? I see it on the web site, had to scroll to the bottom a few times to get the page to load that far back in my arcade game history.

[quote name='Bloomy']Where are you checking your history, console or web? I see it on the web site, had to scroll to the bottom a few times to get the page to load that far back in my arcade game history.[/QUOTE]
Both, on the website I even scrolled all the way to the first purchase I made and used ctrl+f. it's not there

[quote name='bajingo']at least you're in a forum for other carriers of the hoardo disease.

-i read a random post online about someone using a 1 TB HD on their slim, is this possible?[/QUOTE]

Last I knew, you can only use sizes that are officially sold by MS. Maybe you can use a bigger one and it partitions the size down though. And it's much easier to replace the actual HDD on the Slims because the case isn't booby-trapped.

[quote name='Dthib87']Both, on the website I even scrolled all the way to the first purchase I made and used ctrl+f. it's not there[/QUOTE]

Odd indeed. I'm NA region and I still have the option to download it.
34q1n4k.jpg

[quote name='Dthib87']Yeah, Turtles in time RS isn't in my history but I have some achievements from so I definitely bought it. wtf?

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. If you played it on somebody else's machine and they had previously purchased the game on that machine, you can still pop Achievements (just like my son has Achievements on XBLA game I've bought). Maybe you never actually purchased the game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']This was my reaction to the rockstar sales....

MAX PAYNE 20 dollars off SWEET!

oh wait its still 40 dollars. -_- Nevermind.

Might pick up dust, skyrim DLC though.[/QUOTE]

Disc is $20 new, $19 used at GameStop currently. New price is also good for the CE.

[quote name='TheWildMoose']I hope Dust:An Elysian Tail will be 600 points.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm not buying it if it's more than that. Heck, I hope it goes on sale for 400 points.

[quote name='Decker']Not necessarily. If you played it on somebody else's machine and they had previously purchased the game on that machine, you can still pop Achievements (just like my son has Achievements on XBLA game I've bought). Maybe you never actually purchased the game.[/QUOTE]

that's not the case, i've never put my account on anyones xbox and i specifically remember buying it on sale and playing it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back