XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cody cmon']it does seem lame that they have a summer or arcade day and then have a day with only tony hawk.[/QUOTE]
You have to post this twice on both threads with only a minute apart?

[quote name='bardockkun']You have to post this twice on both threads with only a minute apart?[/QUOTE]

it was an accident. i have been drinking.

yeah the physics are a little messed up but other then that it plays just like a classic Tony Hawk game. If you enjoy them then you'll enjoy this, it just might take some time getting used to the new engine/physics.

So is Midnight Club LA really the complete version, because everything I'm seeing points to it being just the good ole' vanilla version?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Maybe the difference in the mechanics aren't noticable to the average player. I used to be able to beat the games just fine, but I was never really stellar so perhaps the finer points were lost on me. I enjoyed the HD version just fine.

How are the mechanics different from the original game? Also, they really built it from the ground up? It looks terrible for a true HD remake.[/QUOTE]

Like Chrono, I was more of a casual player who just played the games, collected the tapes/letters, then moved on, but I thought Tony Hawk HD wasn't too bad.

I found it interesting that you kind of start out as a gimped character, not going as fast or jumping as high as I remembered. In this game you need to level your character all the way up(not sure if there was leveling in the old games). But after you put in a few hours, the game feels a lot better and to me, exactly like the original.

i bought tony hawk day 1 and didnt put it down until i maxed out my avatar and beat all the goals. had a blast just like when i played the original. if you aren't sure you want it, play the demo. there's enough to judge the physics and controls in the demo (you can keep restarting before the timer runs out).

[quote name='goblowsoup']So is Midnight Club LA really the complete version, because everything I'm seeing points to it being just the good ole' vanilla version?[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering this. Hopefully someone can answer.

[quote name='bardockkun']You have to post this twice on both threads with only a minute apart?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing because its true... Horrible sale day. Which also means the other day that;s rumored to only have one game is likely true too.

I'll say it again a horrible sale. I demand a recount! (Not really. I just want Forza season passes on sale.)

[quote name='xgpsun628']I'm also wondering this. Hopefully someone can answer.[/QUOTE]
It's the complete version. It's also in the OP.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's the complete version. It's also in the OP.[/QUOTE]

well yeah thats why we're wondering. Because the xbox site & marketplace descriptions dont say a darn thing about it. How is everyone so sure?

[quote name='xgpsun628']well yeah thats why we're wondering. Because the xbox site & marketplace descriptions dont say a darn thing about it. How is everyone so sure?[/QUOTE]
Because if you google it everyone has asked and confirmed it on different forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Because if you google it everyone has asked and confirmed it on different forums.[/QUOTE]

alright, im gonna take the plunge, thanks!

I was really excited about Tony Hawk HD. I just finished the career mode in one sitting, and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I knew what was coming after doing research on it, but it's worse than I thought.

Yeah, the physics and controls are bad. Really bad. Turning is either not sensitive enough, or too sensitive. It takes a full second for your skater to come to a complete stop after holding down, making collectables an absolute chore to obtain as you'll often go off the ledge instead of where you want to go. Revert to manual (from the DLC) usually resets my combo after landing from a halfpipe, thus making the revert DLC useless (except for the extra levels).

As for the levels, yes, they're nice. However, if you're like me and played and finished every Tony Hawk game up to this point (except for Ride) these levels have been remade before. Many, many times. This game is a collection of remakes of remakes. I'm pretty sure this is the fourth game with the Warehouse level. I don't need to play that anymore.

Online is dead, of course. I was looking forward to that but there's not a soul to play with.

Hawkman is stupid, just like it was in Proving Ground. Not sure who asked for that back.

Big Head Survival seems like it would be fun in multiplayer, if people played online.

If you haven't played the games since THPS2 and want some nostalgia, go for it. If you're a fan of the franchise, prepare for a massive letdown. I was hoping this would revive the franchise so they'd give us more REAL THPS games, but I don't want them if they play like this.

I bought Midnight Club with points and called 18004MYXBOX to try and get the 280 points back. The woman knew absolutely nothing. First I had to explain to her that I paid 1080 points and that 800 points was $10. Then she came and said that it must be due to tax and that was the total with tax. I asked her why that wasn't the case with everything else in the Xbox store and she was confused. Then she put me on hold and came back and said that I was really getting it at a better price by paying 1080 points instead of $10. I again explained that 1080 points was $13.50 and that was in no way a better deal. Then I asked if there was someone else I could talk to because I had read online that everyone else was just getting 280 points returned. Then out of no where she just said "Yeah, I'll do that for you" and then she said she would give me some extra points as well for the hassle. She put me on hold, came back and said she had refunded me 280 points (no extra points). I was fine with that so I said thanks and bye.

[quote name='bardockkun']And if anything, I'm now curious what the next two weeks of DotD's will be on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Minerva's Den, The DaVinci Disappearance, The Lost & Damned, and Batman avatar props.

It was good while it lasted.:cry:

Forgive me if I missed this info in the last 30 or so pages but do we know how much Trials Evolution will be on sale for? Also, having never owned any of the Trials games, is it worth getting Trials HD if I'd be getting Trials Evolution especially considering that the local multiplayer offered by Trials Evolution is something that sounds interesting to me?

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Minerva's Den, The DaVinci Disappearance, The Lost & Damned, and Batman avatar props.

It was good while it lasted.:cry:[/QUOTE]

While I'm hoping they're good because I'm flush with points and don't have much to spend them on, you're more than likely right that's they'll be bad. Their January deals are usually pretty bad. Was it just last year when we had an Avatar-only sale?

So I want to buy Midnight Club LA with my 800 microsoft points and it is telling me that the game is $9.99 to buy, but instead of needing 800 points it says I need 1080? What's up with that?

What a waste of a day.

They should have included other HD remakes like MGS, Resident Evil 4, Halo CE, or even TMNT.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordament/id580935508?mt=8

for anyone who's disappointed by today's sale.

FIRST ios game with xbox achievements (only 50 though compared 200 you can get on windows phone). still go get it and have fun :)

wordament-ios-start_thumb.png

[quote name='venomscarnage']So I want to buy Midnight Club LA with my 800 microsoft points and it is telling me that the game is $9.99 to buy, but instead of needing 800 points it says I need 1080? What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its been jacked all day. Either you pay the extra 280pts or use Paypal or a CC.

i have just set up a hunarian account to check midnight club and it is indeed 320 msp, can anyone confirm wether it will work in the uk? and do uk points work for the hungarian account?

Thanks

[quote name='KrizB']What a waste of a day.

They should have included other HD remakes like MGS, Resident Evil 4, Halo CE, or even TMNT.[/QUOTE]
HD MGS would be amazing. Maybe next year

[quote name='DaFees']Forgive me if I missed this info in the last 30 or so pages but do we know how much Trials Evolution will be on sale for? Also, having never owned any of the Trials games, is it worth getting Trials HD if I'd be getting Trials Evolution especially considering that the local multiplayer offered by Trials Evolution is something that sounds interesting to me?[/QUOTE]

just get evo and the dlc

I noticed on the 'Countdown to 2013', all the way on the right is Bully Scholarship Edition for $10...anybody recommend that game for $10? I noticed its an expensive game on Amazon and Ebay, but its almost half a decade old lol

It's a Rockstar game though so I feel I'd enjoy it at least a little bit.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I noticed on the 'Countdown to 2013', all the way on the right is Bully Scholarship Edition for $10...anybody recommend that game for $10? I noticed its an expensive game on Amazon and Ebay, but its almost half a decade old lol

It's a Rockstar game though so I feel I'd enjoy it at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I noticed on the 'Countdown to 2013', all the way on the right is Bully Scholarship Edition for $10...anybody recommend that game for $10? I noticed its an expensive game on Amazon and Ebay, but its almost half a decade old lol

It's a Rockstar game though so I feel I'd enjoy it at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Worth the cash. I've been meaning to find a hard copy for some time now. It's much different than many games today. It felt fresh to me.

[quote name='wEEman33']Tony Hawk HD is awful. Not even worth 80 points.

Spend your money on the Dreamcast versions of THPS/THPS2 or just pick up THPS2X on Xbox.

I agree with pretty much every negative point mentioned in this review:

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/673/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd/[/QUOTE]

Interesting opinion but I can't agree at all. The game is what it's been but there are definite slight physics tweaks. These don't ruin the game though and come at the expense of playing it on your new system with enhanced graphics.

For those that mention the soundtrack, that's extremely subjective. I personally rarely enjoyed more than 20% of the music per game. Now I don't even listen to games when I play them and have something else going.

There are flaws that show up in the old games or the xbox port as well. Also, there's the jump if you followed the new games and then try to get used to the old controls.

Basically I think any tony hawk fan would be happy with this game at the sale price. Probably at full price once they realize that the game is far cheaper then the paid for every other THPS game new. But there will be things that come up sometimes that are missing or just don't feel right.

But this "it isn't worth a dollar" crap is mostly overblown complaints when compared to other games available for the cost.

I'll agree that THPS HD doesn't feel exactly right. It's a bit jumpy/skittery when playing, just not on the same level of smoothness as the originals. But I paid $10 for a code when it was released and felt it well worth the money for playing the levels again in HD with my avatar.

I just finished playing it for the first time ever and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it may actually be my favorite rockstar game. It's good.

[quote name='merchie89']Its funny how Tony Hawk has literally killed all activity in BOTH threads.

Dang you, you stinking bird![/QUOTE]
Maybe they are all playing it...

[quote name='Gram']I enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I thought bully was really fun. The achievements are pretty easy as well. My only complaint is that there's zero replay value.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']Same here. I thought bully was really fun. The achievements are pretty easy as well. My only complaint is that there's zero replay value.[/QUOTE]

wait a year and its a great time again.
Since I didnt want to call microsoft on a midnight club rebate, I may just pick this up for a 3rd playthrough

Since today's deal isn't doing much for conversation, anybody interested in brainstorming how to do a better CAG XBLA gaming group?

There are the occasional "add me if you buy x" posts. And a few "can somebody help me finish up x achievements." I've always wondered if we could get something more formal setup for playing and finishing games with one another in a way regulars to this forum can use and refer to as they shop/consider the games that go on sale.

One example is for the fighters genre: Mtltom's X360 Fighting forum does a real nice job organizing for multiple games as well as creating a community. What if we group XBLA games by genre so CAGs visiting this forum can find plenty of (mostly) friendly people to play them with as they buy the games that go on sale. Thoughts?

Well I just fucked myself out of 1800+ msp. I forgot the email and live account of the profile I used to download the borderlands 2 season pass when it was free. Merry Christmas to me :roll:

[quote name='tylerh1701']When was the Borderlands 2 Season Pass free?[/QUOTE]

I think last month. The whole Argentian marketplace or some shit. I have it still on my HD, but I cant access the dlc without having the profile it was downloaded on, so hence I fucked myselfout of 1800+ MSP. :cry:

I think a XBLA group is a good idea. I buy tons of these games when they go on sale and rarely have anyone to play with. I don't play a lot of the competitive modes but I do enjoy the coop and asynchronous multiplayer. Anyone can add me, gt is Sir Loinsteak. Looking for someone to help with a couple Serious Sam 3 multiplayer achievements right now.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think last month. The whole Argentian marketplace or some shit. I have it still on my HD, but I cant access the dlc without having the profile it was downloaded on, so hence I fucked myselfout of 1800+ MSP. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sup just wondering you don't have the log in info or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back