XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or was the Countdown to 2013 friggin' awesome? Combined with the Black Friday week of sales, dare I say this was Microsoft's best year of sales during the holidays? Ehh... that's debatable, I guess. Anyways, here's my haul:

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Zuma's Revenge
Fire Pro Wrestling
RAW
World/Keflings DLC: Super, Spice, & Not So Nice
Worlds/Keflings DLC : It Came From Outer Space
Kinect Party
Jet Set Radio
Fez
Sonic Adventure 2
Hell Yeah!
Mark of the Ninja
Dust
Deadlight
Hybrid
Trials Evolution
Trials Evo DLC: Origin of Pain
Counter-Strike GO
Walking Dead Eps 1 -5
Crazy Taxi
Dawnguard DLC
Hearthfire DLC
Deep Black Ep.1
Naughty Bear: Trouble in Bearadise (that's what the name should have been!)

Goodbye social life, hello Backlog! :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kotomine']Puzzle Quest Galactrix says "SAVE 800" but the download costs 800 MSP, so is the normal price 1600 MSP or is this just an error?[/QUOTE]

Regular price is 1600.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']hey guys whats in the scratch off thing? dont have 360 access for afew days and im forgetful[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP, near the bottom.

I think I'll wait for a price drop on Puzzle Quest Galactrix and then another 50% discount. It's only been out since April 2009, so my ETA for that is, oh, 3 1/2 years or so.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If there hasn't been a permanent price drop in the nearly four years that it's been out, it's not likely to happen.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic :p Yup, now or never on this discount, probably.

how does nfl blitz compare to the original N64 version gameplay wise? Well I guess more importantly is it just as fun just with upgraded graphics and rosters?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']how does nfl blitz compare to the original N64 version gameplay wise? Well I guess more importantly is it just as fun just with upgraded graphics and rosters?[/QUOTE]

I hated it, because for me almost the entire point of the N64 version was you could beatdown on players after every play. You can't do anything anymore as soon as the play ends. The gameplay is similar otherwise, but that was a core feature for me. I haven't played it much because of that.

[quote name='dcm1602']Im contemplating Blitz, NHL 3v3, and NBA Jam

Any recommendations on the 3?[/QUOTE]

Honestly Blitz The League is miles ahead of the XBLA version. Theres so much more you can do with the disc based versions. Sadly Blitz The League 2 is semi-rare and goes for a bit more.

I haven't tried NHL 3v3 yet, but I think Cheapy liked it way back when. For 200 pts it seems hard to go wrong, but I'll give the demo a shot later.

NBA Jam is basically awesome. It's the Wii/360 disc based versions but with online play and almost the entirity in terms of features. For that price It's a steal, but it has been on sale before.

I picked up NHL. I played the demo when it first came out and enjoyed it for a quick pick up and play arcade game.

I would try out the demo's since we are no longer on a daily deal schedule. If you can't find time to try them out, you most likely would not play the full versions if you purchased them. Or, you could purchase them while your playing the demo's if you like them, then you still get achievements along the way.

It's just tough to recommend these arcade types of games because they are fun, but it is still a niche genre, so not everyone is going to like them.

[quote name='XxLady_AthenaxX']Is it just me, or was the Countdown to 2013 friggin' awesome? Combined with the Black Friday week of sales, dare I say this was Microsoft's best year of sales during the holidays? Ehh... that's debatable, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I know I got a lot more during this sale than I ever have at one time during any other one Microsoft has had. And if you couple the Xbox Live sales with their Microsoft Store deals around Black Friday, there has been some really great deals the past few months.

I ended up with:

Bully Scholarship Ed.
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail™
The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5
Dawnguard
Hearthfire

[quote name='tylerh1701']Didn't see it mentioned, but Diabolical Pitch is half off as well, I'd assume it's the Kinect deal of the week. I think a few of us Kinect users have been waiting for it to hit half off. Also, it has Avatar Awards. :)[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's in the OP as of 5:00 am PST ... just about when I was putting in the 2nd wave of SHiFT codes into my 360/PS3 copies of Borderlands 2. :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Don't forget the servers for nba jam are going to get shut off soon.[/QUOTE]

Yikes, you scared me there for a second! Actually, the disc-basedcopies of "NBA Jam" will shut-down, but thankfully we still have "NBA Jam - On Fire Edition".

Here's the shutdown schedule (with lots of 360/PS3 titles expiring) for everyone's benefit:

January 3, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • FIFA Manager 11 for PC
January 11, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
  • FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
  • Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NCAA Football 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NHL 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
January 14, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • The Sims 2 for PC/MAC and TheSims2.com
January 19, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • Trenches II for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

FYI, TrueAchievements.com and Xbox360Achievements.org have forums for people to meetup & get online-only achievements.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Don't forget the servers for nba jam are going to get shut off soon.[/QUOTE]

Is that NBA Jam (The disc version) or NBA Jam: On Fire (The XBLA version)?

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I hated it, because for me almost the entire point of the N64 version was you could beatdown on players after every play. You can't do anything anymore as soon as the play ends. The gameplay is similar otherwise, but that was a core feature for me. I haven't played it much because of that.[/QUOTE]

oh thanks then yeah will skip it and stick to my N64 copy, wonder why they would take out the feature that pretty much made Blitz different than other football games

[quote name='Rollobobo']I thought it was only the original NBA Jam....I am pretty sure the ON Fire Edition will still be available, but I wouldn't be surprised if EA pulls it too.[/QUOTE]

EA isn't so dumb that they'd allow PSN to give away "NBA Jam - On Fire Edition" for free this week to PS+ subscribers, and then have it go dark only 11 days later. Only the disc-based version is going down, because nobody wanted to pay $40 for what was essentially on-disc DLC for "NBA Live 11" (which was later cancelled a week before release).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I hated it, because for me almost the entire point of the N64 version was you could beatdown on players after every play. You can't do anything anymore as soon as the play ends. The gameplay is similar otherwise, but that was a core feature for me. I haven't played it much because of that.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, saved me 600pts. I loved Blitz 2k for Dreamcast (used to have epic matches with three friends, tons of fighting and cursing), but haven't enjoyed one since.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']oh thanks then yeah will skip it and stick to my N64 copy, wonder why they would take out the feature that pretty much made Blitz different than other football games[/QUOTE]

According to the developer, the NFL made them take out the late hits to make it less violent. :roll:

But now the question for me is track down a Blitz the League 2 so I can play my brother online or me and him buy the on sale Blitz. The League 2 is considered the better game, no?

NFL Blitz has far too little single-player content for me to recommend. All it has is an MK-style arcade mode and exhibition, which is disappointing compared to NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.

NBA JAM is the best by far. Only downside is that threes and the CPU shove button are too powerful. Definitely worth owning, though.

Blitz is too watered down and wussified. Avoid it and stick with the Dreamcast version of Blitz 2001, which is the best version by far.

NHL 3 on 3 is a joke of a game with hardly any content. Avoid.

[quote name='wEEman33']

NHL 3 on 3 is a joke of a game with hardly any content. Avoid.[/QUOTE]

Compared to all those other 200 point XBLA games of course

[quote name='Cornelius']Nope, it's in the OP as of 5:00 am PST ... just about when I was putting in the 2nd wave of SHiFT codes into my 360/PS3 copies of Borderlands 2. :)

Yikes, you scared me there for a second! Actually, the disc-basedcopies of "NBA Jam" will shut-down, but thankfully we still have "NBA Jam - On Fire Edition".

Here's the shutdown schedule (with lots of 360/PS3 titles expiring) for everyone's benefit:

January 3, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • FIFA Manager 11 for PC
January 11, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
  • FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
  • Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NCAA Football 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NHL 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
  • NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
January 14, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • The Sims 2 for PC/MAC and TheSims2.com
January 19, 2013 -- Online Services Shutdown
  • Trenches II for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
FYI, TrueAchievements.com and Xbox360Achievements.org have forums for people to meetup & get online-only achievements.[/QUOTE]

Woah! I need to play some NBA Jam online then before the servers shut down. If anyone wants to trade achievements and/or trophies for it let me know! I have it for both platforms so I will have to find time to grind those out probably next weekend.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Can someone sell me on RAW? It just seems so "meh" to me....I suppose I should just save my points, but I feel like I may need to take a shot on this game. Any feedback? (I have Crimson Alliance and I still haven't played it once)[/QUOTE]

I'm always aggravated that no one seems to realize there's a Search >> This Thread option in black right there near the top of every page.

Don't mind me, I easily tire of people on my first day back to work from my weekend. :wall:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Woah! I need to play some NBA Jam online then before the servers shut down. If anyone wants to trade achievements and/or trophies for it let me know! I have it for both platforms so I will have to find time to grind those out probably next weekend.[/QUOTE]
You have the disc version for both platforms?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I believe both actually.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...-Shutdowns-Hit-FIFA-11--NBA-Jam-and-More.html[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this? Everywhere says that only NBA Jam is getting the servers shut down, I have yet to see a single article that actually has the on fire edition included. The psn thread is of the same mindset. It would be idiotic (yes I realize it is EA) to give the game away for free, as they are on ps+, then shut the servers down the next week.

Repost from the other thread

So here's my haul since BF:

BF only sale
ME 3: Leviathan
Daytona USA
Rock Band Blitz
Forza Horizon Oct. car pack
LFD 2: Cold Stream

Full price purchases
Rock Band 3 (yea that was a $10 screwup)
Rock Band 2 song export
Dragonborn for Skyrim
Deck Packs 1&2 for Magic 2013

THQ sale
Metro 2033
Both Saints Row 2 DLC's

Holiday sale
Bully
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Hydro Thunder

All from the Target BF points (bought 5 cards) Had to buy 800 points from Gamestop to cover Hydro Thunder and the remaining balance of Dust. Found an unused 240 point code in a used copy of Dance Central 1 at Gamestop also.

Just finished up the demos for the 2 games I'm interested in this week, PQ: Galactrix and Diabolical Pitch.

I think I'm definitely gonna buy Diabolical Pitch. It was good stupid fun, and the controls worked well enough. I actually kept my reticule on screen almost the whole time, and it made the aiming much easier. My arm is a little bit sore just from the demo, but I'm a lazy ass so anything that gets me up and swinging my arms will be good for me.

I really enjoyed PQ:Galactrix, but I'm extremely concerned about the hacking minigames that Frisky mentioned. Basically they're timed mini-games where you have to get a certain amount of specific colors matched in an a short amount of time. There is a good amount of luck involved, because you need the right colors to show up in the right places. The biggest problem is that this hacking mini-game controls the gates between worlds, so it could end up completely blocking my progress if I'm not able to beat the stupid minigame. Not to mention that these hacked gates close over time, meaning I'll need to hack many of them multiple times. Kind of sounds like a dealbreaker for me, especially considering the game is still $10 (if it was $5 it'd be easier to just say "fuck it" and buy it.)

[quote name='sicsonic']On Fire servers are not getting shut down, but they most likely will after a year or so, definitely.[/QUOTE]

Could be sooner. They are not updating the rosters for both NBA Jam and NFL Blitz.

[quote name='vlv723']Could be sooner. They are not updating the rosters for both NBA Jam and NFL Blitz.[/QUOTE]

Could be, its possible. But you got to think the first NBA Jam came out a year before On Fire.

Bought On Fire, gonna have to get used to it but the fact that its basically steal, block, or make shot (no one really misses shots)...is frustrating at times

[quote name='merchie89']Bought On Fire, gonna have to get used to it but the fact that its basically steal, block, or make shot (no one really misses shots)...is frustrating at times[/QUOTE]

Hit 3s all day long.

So I'm having a frustrating issue with Fez and can't seem to find an answer online. Perhaps a new bug? I'll hide it behind a spoiler tag so I don't spoil a secret involved:
In the Waterfall area I cannot seem to get the large waterfall to part. I can see a door behind it so I know it's there. I've googled the answer since what I thought was right isn't working and it seems I have it right. The answer is
Left, Left Trigger, Right, Right Trigger, Up, A(Jump), Down, Right Trigger, Right Trigger
. I've tried this numerous times and even restarted the game, but it still won't open for me. I opened the other door that requires nighttime to open, perhaps I opened them in the wrong order and glitched the game? I'm sitting at over 100% (No idea what the real cap is) and I really don't want to start all over again just to finish it. As a reference I did get stuck at this area as well. There is a known glitch where if you save here and come back later you will have to unpatch the game to be able to continue. Perhaps I need to upatch the game again to get the door to open? I'll have to make a trip to my brother's house since he has my console ID if I do. :(

Anyone else have this issue pop up? I'm super frustrated, but I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow after work.

[quote name='Blade3D']Hit 3s all day long.[/QUOTE]

So frustrating to play online because of this, I refused to shoot all 3s like my online opponents so I was forced to play VERY cheap to get the online cheeves. LOL

My haul from the last two months, combination of nine 1600 points cards from Target BF and previous CGT points, everything purchased on sale unless noted:

TWD Episodes 2-5
Splosion Man
Ms. Splosion Man
Rock of Ages
Dust
Jet Set Radio
Trine 2
Mark of the Ninja
Fez
Rayman Origins
Joe Danger 2
Peggle
Peggle Nights
Kinect Party Full(Free)
Darksiders
AC: Revelations DLC
Splinter Cell Conviciton & Deniable Ops
AC: Brotherhood & DLC
Assasin's Creed
Rock Band Blitz
Pac-Man CE DX
Bully Scholarship Ed. (Full Price after Nov. drop)
Castle Crashers
Bastion
Geo Wars 1
Wreckateer (Free)
Walking Dead Ep 1 (Full Price)
Magic 2013 and DLC

I am seriously tempted by NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. I guess it's unlikely to go on sale for 400 anytime soon? And can anyone comment on how difficult the Achievements are? How many people do you need present to complete an online Arena game?

FYI, just updated the Xbox Rewards wiki with the new Lose Pounds, Gain Points promo, where if you spend 800 MSP on fitness DLC, they'll give you 100 MSP back ... plus 100 MSP more if you rack up 20 hours in the supported game list.

I'm going to barge in here for a sec and say that I was really surprised by how much fun I had with Toy Story 3. It wasn't the easiest game to 100%, but it wasn't difficult, and I actually enjoyed it til the very end. Ten bucks well spent.

This is coming from a 24 year old, by the way. Maybe I'm deranged, maybe not, but I'd say grab it if it goes on sale for cheap again (assuming that you haven't strangled your inner child to death yet).

[quote name='eastx']I am seriously tempted by NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. I guess it's unlikely to go on sale for 400 anytime soon? And can anyone comment on how difficult the Achievements are? How many people do you need present to complete an online Arena game?[/QUOTE]

They are a pain in the ass. Especially beating the platinum challenge against all 30 teams, so tedious and often cheap. The game itself is fun though.

My holiday sale haul:

Joe Danger 2
A World of Keflings DLCs
Kinect Party
Bully
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2
Dust
Deadlight
Mini Ninjas Adventures
Fruit Ninja Kinect DLCs
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
The Walking Dead episodes 1-5

Other Items:
Trials Evolution Riders of Doom
Catan DLCs

TOTAL: 7520 MSP ($94)

Thanks to a CAG who sold me a ton of Target points I only paid half of that.

I already own the NHL arcade game and might have Madden arcade. I think I'll pass on NBA Jam On Fire and Blitz and hope they hit 400 MSP sometime otherwise no big deal.
They're more for nostalgia than anything.

I've always been interested in PQ Galactrix so I'll have to play the trial to see if it's worth $10. I picked up PQ 1 & 2 when they were on sale recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back