XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Minerva's Den is a great single-player episode that I'd recommend to anyone who likes the base game.

Protector Trials is interesting, but I'd only recommend it to a superfan of the game or if you just really loved the Adam gathering sequences. It's basically challenge maps for gathers, where you're limited to certain combinations of weapons and plasmids.

The multiplayer maps are tough to recommend, not because they aren't great or because the multiplayer isn't fun, but because of the way the game's matchmaking works. You'll only get the DLC maps in rotation if everyone in the lobby owns the DLC. But there's no DLC playlist, and the game doesn't seem to even attempt to shunt players with the DLC together. So, there is virtually no chance that you'll land in a lobby where every player owns the DLC and actually get to play on the maps, unless you organize a private group. It's really unfortunate.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely getting Minerva's Den and probably Protector Trials because it is cheap. Thanks for the recommendations fellow CAGs and Ryuukishi for his informative post.

The Ultimate Edition for Bioshock sounds totally awesome and it comes out really soon, but I already own both Bioshock games. Anyone looking to get into the Bioshock series should get the Ultimate Edition, or if you want those cool stickers I'm totally tempted for the stickers. Thanks Glass_Ghost_0 for mentioning the Ultimate Edition.

I actually jumped on the NBA 2k12 Legends Showcase DLC for 400MSP, and I tried it out today which to led to me realizing I never finished the MyPlayer career...so buying this DLC probably led to many more hours trying to finish my season/career. My 2k12 sat there for a good few months. Without the DLC I may have never picked it up again.

A success story on that DLCs sale in case people were wondering 'Why in the world would 2k12 dlc go on sale when everybody has 2k13 now?'

I know it's not on sale anymore...but damn...The Walking Dead Game Series..best 800 points I spent in a long time...just finished it...can't wait for season 2...

Not sure if it's an error but Borderlands GOTY is 19.99 new on Gamestop's site for those who are interested on the game + DLC.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It slowly became my XBLA white whale. (my 2nd one, my first one was Symphony of the Night because I passed on it like 3.5 years ago because there were like 20 good games on sale and so SotN was the odd man out. I remember justifying it to myself that "the graphics looked to crappy". It didn't go on sale for another year or so, it slowly became my first white whale).[/QUOTE]

SotN is one of those games you don't need to wait for a sale, if you pay $60 you'll still get your money's worth. At $10 or whatever it' is normally on XBLA, that's a steal.

God I love that game. My favorite of all-time that's not named Zelda: ALttP. :cool:

Anywaysssssssss.... this Scratch & Match this week is pretty good, I'm pretty sure it's the first one where I'm likely to get all 3.

I already have Bioshock 1 and 2.
In the Ultimate Rapture Edition it mention for first time ever ps3 exclusive Challenge Rooms Pack.
Are these going to be coming out as dlc also for people that already have the game?

[quote name='sicsonic']SotN is one of those games you don't need to wait for a sale, if you pay $60 you'll still get your money's worth. At $10 or whatever it' is normally on XBLA, that's a steal.

God I love that game. My favorite of all-time that's not named Zelda: ALttP. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Yup, same here (about SotN, I don't care about Zelda). I've bought that game 5 times: 1 PAL psx, 1 NTSC psx, 1 JAP psx which had some hidden things, 1 PSP, and as soon as I got the Xbox360 I bought it for 800MSP thinking it was really cheap (would have paid way more for that game).

PD: I played and finished each version, some more than once (though I still have to play the Xbox360 version).

[quote name='bardockkun']You're all forgetting the key component in the Bioshock: Rapture Collection...

The stickers.[/QUOTE]
I love shit like this but really as an adult what the fuck am I going to do with stickers. I have a sweet patch from the aliens v predator CE, that will collect dust for years to come.

Its as if companies said "people are buying our shit in droves when we give price drops!" After the assumed huge sales during the 12 days of christmas. Now we are seeing first time and record drops left and right. I love it.

Picked up Winterbottom and Axel &Pixel already, and looking at all 3 of the Scratch&Match deals. Any thoughts on Scary Girl, Pool or Swarm?

Also, looks like I will be picking up the Mechromancer pack for BLands2 to go along with my Argentinian Season Pass.

PS: I played through and sold Bioshock 1, have the Bioshock 2 LE sealed, and don't see how I will pass on the new release. It truly is an epic series.

[quote name='sicsonic']SotN is one of those games you don't need to wait for a sale, if you pay $60 you'll still get your money's worth. At $10 or whatever it' is normally on XBLA, that's a steal.

God I love that game. My favorite of all-time that's not named Zelda: ALttP. :cool:

Anywaysssssssss.... this Scratch & Match this week is pretty good, I'm pretty sure it's the first one where I'm likely to get all 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a great game. I had never played it before, so I didn't know that. I just know that I skipped it in June 2010, then slowly started hearing more and more about how it was a "classic", slowly realizing that I'd made a huge mistake. Luckily it dropped again in May 2011 and I bought it up in an instant and played it pretty soon after. Great game, I 200/200 it and plan to play it again soon on my Vita (assuming it's compatible).

[quote name='Thrinn']Minerva's Den is really the only must-have DLC. The mutliplayer DLC isn't really worth getting. You're looking at 2000 points for BS1 + BS2 + MD which is about $25 if I'm doing the math right. It pretty comes down to if you think having a physical copy is worth the extra $5. If you're patient the collection will probably eventually go on sale for $20.[/QUOTE]

thats a pretty good deal, especially since I have those Target points left over. I do prefer physical copies but thats a good price. For anyone who knows, can you transfer Games on Demand to another console through the License transfer just like you can DLC's? Not planning on getting a new 360 but I'd like to know that I could play Bioshock on another console if it was necessary.

Just removed all 2K offers except for Borderland, i think they're going to remove a few, like Mafia II, and Duke Nukem core games, DLC may keep at discount.

The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom is totally worth 200 points if you haven't picked it up yet.

[quote name='GamerDude316']thats a pretty good deal, especially since I have those Target points left over. I do prefer physical copies but thats a good price. For anyone who knows, can you transfer Games on Demand to another console through the License transfer just like you can DLC's? Not planning on getting a new 360 but I'd like to know that I could play Bioshock on another console if it was necessary.[/QUOTE]

Everything transfers with a license transfer to my knowledge.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Picked up Winterbottom and Axel &Pixel already, and looking at all 3 of the Scratch&Match deals. Any thoughts on Scary Girl, Pool or Swarm?[/QUOTE]

I was underwhelmed by Swarm. My review of it, if you'd like a read. I just really lost interest in it pretty quick. But at 160 points it may almost be worth it just for the avatar awards...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E.Nich']Yup, same here (about SotN, I don't care about Zelda). I've bought that game 5 times: 1 PAL psx, 1 NTSC psx, 1 JAP psx which had some hidden things, 1 PSP, and as soon as I got the Xbox360 I bought it for 800MSP thinking it was really cheap (would have paid way more for that game).

PD: I played and finished each version, some more than once (though I still have to play the Xbox360 version).[/QUOTE]

I own the Saturn version (with its exclusive content like a unique playable Maria) and I have both the English XBLA and Japanese XBLA versions. The Japanese XBLA port has the extra content of the Japanese PSOne game such as the additional familiars, plus its Achievements stack. Wish there was another stackable version as I'd grab that too. :)

[quote name='sassylaurie']Picked up Winterbottom and Axel &Pixel already, and looking at all 3 of the Scratch&Match deals. Any thoughts on Scary Girl, Pool or Swarm?
[/QUOTE]

Already beat Axel and Pixel, it was decent for 200 points, def never would have payed 800 for it. I'm passing on Winterbottom, just didn't like it. I got Pool Nation when it came out and had a blast with it. Very good mechanics and the graphics are gorgeous, so I recommend that.

Picked up Joes Adventures and Minvervas Den. Still have a Bioshock 2 CE sitting right next to my Mafia 2 CE, both still unplayed

For me to actually start up a completely new game, it takes a day off and no one else online basically.

I got Mafia II a long time ago for like $5. Awesome game, well worth more than that.

I am thinking about getting Bioshock and Bioshock 2 + DLC... any recommendations? I already own them both on PC, but is a game that is honestly best played on a TV instead of a PC...

Just read this off the-magicbox.com

Capcom announced that Capcom Arcade Cabinet will be coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 for free, it is a hub in which you can download and play retro Capcom arcade games. One starter game will be included for free, there will be new titles adding to the hub regularly at really low price. More details will be announced on Feb 7.

I'm intrigued. Especially if it'll be like Pinball FX kinda thing.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just read this off the-magicbox.com

I'm intrigued. Especially if it'll be like Pinball FX kinda thing.[/QUOTE]
sweet finally we get ghosts n goblins on xbox

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm intrigued. Especially if it'll be like Pinball FX kinda thing.[/QUOTE]

It does sound cool! You can see Capcom Arcade Cabinet's Achievement list here. It contains Achievements for Black Tiger, Avengers, and 1943. Hopefully as new games are added, they will also get their own Achievements.

Enjoyed the winterbottom trial, will probably have to pick it up @200. I just recently picked up GR:FS from the Gamefly sale so I'm interested in the single player pack as well too bad the other packs are MP only.

[quote name='eastx']I own the Saturn version (with its exclusive content like a unique playable Maria) and I have both the English XBLA and Japanese XBLA versions. The Japanese XBLA port has the extra content of the Japanese PSOne game such as the additional familiars, plus its Achievements stack. Wish there was another stackable version as I'd grab that too. :)[/QUOTE]

Is there like a FAQ somewhere on how to do this, buy a different version of a game released in another region on XBLA? I have a friend on my list who has both versions and has 200/200 them both. I've googled but I can't figure out how to buy from Japanese/foreign marketplaces, let alone do it with MY gamertag.

[quote name='sicsonic']Is there like a FAQ somewhere on how to do this, buy a different version of a game released in another region on XBLA? I have a friend on my list who has both versions and has 200/200 them both. I've googled but I can't figure out how to buy from Japanese/foreign marketplaces, let alone do it with MY gamertag.[/QUOTE]

Here's a list of stackable games: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009

Here's a list of foreign Games on Demand titles that aren't region-locked and won't require a VPN: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380772

In general, you'll need to create a Japanese Xbox Live account (do a web search for instructions), get some international points (Bing points or from certain eBay sellers), add them to that account, and buy the game on the system you want. Provided the game isn't region-locked (I don't think SOTN is), any accounts on that console will be able to play it and earn Achievements.

[quote name='eastx']Here's a list of stackable games: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009

Here's a list of foreign Games on Demand titles that aren't region-locked and won't require a VPN: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380772

In general, you'll need to create a Japanese Xbox Live account (do a web search for instructions), get some international points (Bing points or from certain eBay sellers), add them to that account, and buy the game on the system you want. Provided the game isn't region-locked (I don't think SOTN is), any accounts on that console will be able to play it and earn Achievements.[/QUOTE]

do i sign up with a bing account and put in that i'm from japan, or can i use points i get from my normal american bing rewards account?

and also this is what i wonder the most, can't find an answer anywhere. when i create my japanese account, get the "international" or japanese points, do i need to have that japanese account gold too? so i basically need to pay for a 2nd account (which brings up even more questions to me and how you do that), or can i buy on their marketplace as silver?

[quote name='eastx']It does sound cool! You can see Capcom Arcade Cabinet's Achievement list here. It contains Achievements for Black Tiger, Avengers, and 1943. Hopefully as new games are added, they will also get their own Achievements.[/QUOTE]Sounds more like that Game Room where you could buy classic arcade, Atari, or Colecovision games, except it's just Capcom games. Considering one of the achievements was playing for 50 hours, I figured there had to be a ton of games included. Now all that's left is to see how much each game will cost.

[quote name='sicsonic']do i sign up with a bing account and put in that i'm from japan, or can i use points i get from my normal american bing rewards account?

and also this is what i wonder the most, can't find an answer anywhere. when i create my japanese account, get the "international" or japanese points, do i need to have that japanese account gold too? so i basically need to pay for a 2nd account (which brings up even more questions to me and how you do that), or can i buy on their marketplace as silver?[/QUOTE]
you can buy on the marketplace as a silver account holder. You can use Bing points earned through any account.

I went ahead and blind bought Swarm, at 160msp and reading the description I think I'll enjoy it. I played the demo of Scarygirl, just not my thing, so I won't be getting that one.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Anyone know if this site is legit?

http://www.japan-codes.com/[/QUOTE]

I believe they are, but I don't buy points from places like that and Play Asia because their prices are too high. On eBay I get 800 international points for about $12.

Does anyone know why Mafia II isn't showing up as $9.99, i know the 2k sale page on the xbl dashboard only shows Borderlands, but all the other mafia items are showing up as the lower price, but the GoD itself is still 20. All the BioShock stuff is still on sale, as well as Winterbottom, so I wasn't sure if anyone had any idea what was going on.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']

I was underwhelmed by Swarm. My review of it, if you'd like a read. I just really lost interest in it pretty quick. But at 160 points it may almost be worth it just for the avatar awards...[/QUOTE]

I didn't much care for the swarm demo or the scary girl demo. I did however buy Winterbottom, great price.

Hmm I got 190 MSP today..thought it was xbox rewards since 100 + 90 (from 2% back) would be exactly this amount but Rewards isn't even showing all the points right now (not even under the pending tab..strange..) I still think it IS from Xbox Rewards...but would have been nice if they gave me my MSP back for spending more on Skyrim DLC than I had too..lol

[quote name='eastx'][quote name='aaronrodgers']Anyone know if this site is legit?
http://www.japan-codes.com/[/QUOTE]
I believe they are, but I don't buy points from places like that and Play Asia because their prices are too high. On eBay I get 800 international points for about $12.[/QUOTE]

If you're located within the USA, why would you buy from places like that? CAG has a thread dedicated to Xbox points & subscriptions, and I've included a link in my sig as well that's given great service to me.

[quote name='eastx']In general, you'll need to create a Japanese Xbox Live account (do a web search for instructions), get some international points (Bing points or from certain eBay sellers), add them to that account, and buy the game on the system you want. Provided the game isn't region-locked (I don't think SOTN is), any accounts on that console will be able to play it and earn Achievements.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, we're doing THAT now. Well how about we don't, and say we didn't, since "misrepresentation" isn't very becoming on Xbox Live? Mmmm'kay? :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hmm I got 190 MSP today..thought it was xbox rewards since 100 + 90 (from 2% back) would be exactly this amount but Rewards isn't even showing all the points right now (not even under the pending tab..strange..) I still think it IS from Xbox Rewards...but would have been nice if they gave me my MSP back for spending more on Skyrim DLC than I had too..lol[/QUOTE]

I got 160. Also, not sure why. Probably for making purchases.
I know I should be getting 200 for renewing gold for 12 months. Time to harass a MS employee I guess.

[quote name='sehpirot']Just removed all 2K offers except for Borderland, i think they're going to remove a few, like Mafia II, and Duke Nukem core games, DLC may keep at discount.[/QUOTE]

Checking back over the prices in the OP, it looks like everything is still holding except the GoD's for "Mafia II" and "Duke". Even the M2 DLC "Jimmy's Vendetta" has now dropped to 400 MSP, so I think these prices will stick around through Monday (1/14). In the meanwhile, I'll "de-link" the items where a sale never materialized, and we can restore them when the prices reflect Tuesday morning's initial Dashboard announcement.

Oh, and the Scratch prize in the S&S+ app is a "pug dog", as if anyone cared. :lol:

[quote name='ooga']I got 160. Also, not sure why. Probably for making purchases.
I know I should be getting 200 for renewing gold for 12 months. Time to harass a MS employee I guess.[/QUOTE]

Before you do that...did your gold actually expire? If not you will get the 200 points when it actually did and the "new" gold subscription kicks in...did learn about this when I redeemed a 12 Month code while they were giving you 400 MSP for that...but my redeemed gold subscription, actually kicked in september...

To put it simple you don't get points for that month you redeemed the code but for the month where your last gold subscription would have expired hum..

BTW just saw on twitter points actually got deposited today so yeah that's my 190 points from Xbox Rewards actually like I thought...

Watched "The Cave" video on the dashboard last night. I'm really looking forward to this. Can't believe I passed this booth right on by at PAX this year.

[quote name='eastx']I believe they are, but I don't buy points from places like that and Play Asia because their prices are too high. On eBay I get 800 international points for about $12.[/QUOTE]

so these 800 "international" points work on the Japanese marketplace? I looked up japanese points on ebay and those prices were just exorbitant.

Also, I don't see any listings there for international points. Do they go up often?

[quote name='joebootoo']Watched "The Cave" video on the dashboard last night. I'm really looking forward to this. Can't believe I passed this booth right on by at PAX this year.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wasn't wowed by it at PAX, and I had previously been looking forward to it. I'll definitely still check it out, but the platforming was a bit sluggish, that my main issue.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So MJ is no longer posting the Deals and What's Coming Up on XBLM stuff?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted earlier in the thread he's going to post the deals and the coming soon information starting again next week.

EDIT: Found it
[quote name='tylerh1701']Well, if I was a betting man, I would have lost money. I was almost sure that Major Nelson would have had the "Coming Soon" post up today. Anyway, he just tweeted he'll have one up for next week.[/QUOTE]

* = It's possible to find the "Borderlands: Game of the Year" edition for less than $30 new (and much less if used). If you prefer to have your DLC installed from a 2nd disc that can be installed to multiple Xbox's without worry of being signed into Xbox Live, you might look for this version instead.
Hey, does this mean I could share this disc with a friend and we'd both be able to play the dlc together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back