XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sath666']Same here. I still didn't have Torchlight. After playing the demo maybe will skip the game. Sure, other people can get some fun out of this, but for me is quite boring, plus unlike Torchlight 2, first game do not have co-op mode.[/QUOTE]

I was actually quite disappointed with Torchlight 1. I just don't think dungeon crawlers are my type of game, but I got bored about 2/3 of the way in and then just grinded my way to the finish.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I was actually quite disappointed with Torchlight 1. I just don't think dungeon crawlers are my type of game, but I got bored about 2/3 of the way in and then just grinded my way to the finish.[/QUOTE]

What didn't you like about it? The grinding?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']lol Hearthfire is only 80 points off...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it was pretty damned stupid.

Speaking of damned stupid, all the other Shocktober sales are still valid but RE4 is back up to full price, now that I've decided I want it >:C

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Yeah, I thought it was pretty damned stupid.

Speaking of damned stupid, all the other Shocktober sales are still valid but RE4 is back up to full price, now that I've decided I want it >:C[/QUOTE]
You never wanted it.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']so then does it count for the shocktober promo?[/QUOTE]

Items purchased from the app show in your billing history, so it should count.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'd totally grab Dead Block if it qualified for the October promo... of course not though.[/QUOTE]

I had to stop playing because of all the soft lock-ups. The longest one I witnessed was 30 minutes.

[quote name='Bloomy']Major Nelson updated his blog, Guardian Heroes is now listed at 400 MSP for next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm in!

[quote name='GUNNM']You never wanted it.[/QUOTE]

More of my secrets revealed! How could this be?

But seriously, I was on the fence about RE4. I figured I'd just buy the Resident Evil Archives and be done with it. After learning that RE4 and Code Veronica are included as tokens and not on a disc, though, I had a change of heart. Too late, apparently...

[quote name='disilluzion']I had to stop playing because of all the soft lock-ups. The longest one I witnessed was 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Soft lock-ups? I've NEVER had a problem with this game and I have played it to death.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']More of my secrets revealed! How could this be?

But seriously, I was on the fence about RE4. I figured I'd just buy the Resident Evil Archives and be done with it. After learning that RE4 and Code Veronica are included as tokens and not on a disc, though, I had a change of heart. Too late, apparently...[/QUOTE]

i too am guilty of holding off on resident evil 4 and now its too late. was going to get re4 dishwasher vs (which was 800 msp before today), and ugly americans.

so i win one in vs being 400 msp but lose in re4 being 1600 msp

wonder why it went back to regular price.. and everything else is still on sale..

[quote name='gotdott']What didn't you like about it? The grinding?[/QUOTE]

The combat in the few dungeon crawlers I've played feels so stale. Use magic, spam attack until magic is ready to go again, and then heal when necessary. Maybe I am missing the deeper point of games like these, but I really lose interest in them after a few hours.

I am also not a "loot-fiend" so to speak, I really don't care at all to have the best weapon/shield/armor/etc, so I don't get a lot of thrill about collecting rare and strong loot.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks like Guardian Heroes next week and that's about it or at least until Dance Central 3 DLC.[/QUOTE]

Joy Ride Turbo, Shoot Many Robots, and All Zombies Must Die will also be on sale next week for 400 points each.

[quote name='Zbornak']Joy Ride Turbo, Shoot Many Robots, and All Zombies Must Die will also be on sale next week for 400 points each.[/QUOTE]
I Meant for me. I Give less of a hoot about much else. They're tempting, but I feel in terms of twin stick shooters that I got my fill.

why is it that the price on dishwasher are different? if I buy it using the app and then i go to the actual marketplace, will it say 'already purchased' or will i have to buy it again?
I have heard people complaining about this in the past

[quote name='disilluzion']
I doubt we'll see Alan Wake DLC go on sale again; are they worth 560 apiece?[/QUOTE]

I liked them better than American Nightmare, if that helps.

[quote name='disilluzion']Since Dishwasher is on sale, I may go for the October promo.

I doubt we'll see Alan Wake DLC go on sale again; are they worth 560 apiece?[/QUOTE]

It may go on sale when they release Alan Wake 2 though maybe not if Alan Wake 2 is a next gen game. If you get Alan Wake new, the first DLC is free via a code in the package. The second DLC is significantly better. I really REALLY liked Alan Wake and I still think the first DLC was a bit of a waste. Plus don't forget, they tell you what happened in the previous "episode" (or in this case, "special") so you won't miss any vital story element.

IMO American Nightmare was better than the first DLC by a good bit.

[quote name='Dthib87']eh, I would have gotten dawngaurd at $10. oh well havent played skyrim in forever anyway.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for half off on Dawnguard and Hearthfire. It's been six months, I can wait some more.

[quote name='Blaster man']If you get Alan Wake new, the first DLC is free via a code in the package.[/QUOTE]

I ordered used from Amazon, saw the token had been redeemed, and they refunded me $7 (560/80). :D

[quote name='captpluto9465']Waiting for half off on Dawnguard and Hearthfire. It's been six months, I can wait some more.[/QUOTE]

Is that guaranteed to come? I am thinking about getting this content on sale now, but I am not even playing Skyrim yet. I am working through ME2 and 3. I bought MS points for ME3.

Ugh.

[quote name='The Frozin One']Is that guaranteed to come? I am thinking about getting this content on sale now, but I am not even playing Skyrim yet. I am working through ME2 and 3. I bought MS points for ME3. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
As guaranteed as this is the 5th sale / price-drop for Shivering Isles & "Knights of the Nine". The game still has plenty of momentum behind it (50 weeks after launch, and the MSRP is still $59.99), so there's plenty of opportunities for more DLC to be released, and therefore also sales to spike interest.

Cracking open the OP to add the S&S+ app deals ... brb. ALL DONE, ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']I Meant for me. I Give less of a hoot about much else. They're tempting, but I feel in terms of twin stick shooters that I got my fill.[/QUOTE]

Joy Ride Turbo is good stuff if you (or anyone) enjoys kart racers.

[quote name='he1l1o']why is it that the price on dishwasher are different? if I buy it using the app and then i go to the actual marketplace, will it say 'already purchased' or will i have to buy it again?
I have heard people complaining about this in the past[/QUOTE]

They're different because you can only get the sale price through the app. Usually it should see that you purchased the game on the marketplace after a certain amount of time. But it doesn't really matter because it will be added to your download history on xbox.com where you can re-download it at any time.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I just looked into it further, and I would have to press "purchase" before the option to press X pops up on the screen.
As for others who were helpful, even if frustrated with the question being asked repeatedly, thank you for clearing up that points can be used - you just need to be at the final purchase screen.[/QUOTE]

You mean, just like it says in the OP... where I wrote how to purchase using points, and that it's on the final confirmation screen--now with a screencap of what it looks like, yah?

From your console, select the GoD title you wish to purchase and continue to the pop-up confirmation screen. As detailed at the bottom of the pop-up, press "X" to change the currency from Dollars to Microsoft Points.

For all the other "veterans" of this thread, is anyone else realizing that this is fastly gaining momentum as being THE question for this thread--even moreso than "Does anyone know the deal this week?" I, at least find it funny how popular this is becoming.

[quote name='Sanges99']You mean, just like it says in the OP... where I wrote how to purchase using points, and that it's on the final confirmation screen--now with a screencap of what it looks like, yah?

For all the other "veterans" of this thread, is anyone else realizing that this is fastly gaining momentum as being THE question for this thread--even moreso than "Does anyone know the deal this week?" I, at least find it funny how popular this is becoming.[/QUOTE]
I Think it's only gaining momentum because Microsoft is finally putting GoD games on sale at reasonable prices (under $20) for the past few months.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think it's only gaining momentum because Microsoft is finally putting GoD games on sale at reasonable prices (under $20) for the past few months.[/QUOTE]

That's a trade off I think I can live with.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I just looked into it further, and I would have to press "purchase" before the option to press X pops up on the screen. There is no prompt to press X for MS points in the initial overview like there should be.

The way it is set up suggests that you can only purchase it with dollars instead of points.

So no, it did not tell me what to do clearly and only throws it in at the very last screen. It's like waiting for the final checkout screen after putting an item in my virtual cart before I am made aware of alternative payment options.

I suppose things like this make you feel intellectually superior, and I'm glad you found a way to boost your self esteem, but it's not the most straightforward system for people who never buy games on demand and are instead used to points.

As for others who were helpful, even if frustrated with the question being asked repeatedly, thank you for clearing up that points can be used - you just need to be at the final purchase screen.[/QUOTE]

So it does tell you that you can press X to use points before you buy it. Like I said. Should they wait that one extra screen? It would be nice if the didn't, but they do. Since you buy stuff with points all the time, you know that there's a confirmation screen. You could look there, or try the OP. People get so lazy and don't bother looking for answers before asking. Instead of getting all butt-hurt because you can't be bothered to look for an answer, just learn from the experience. Have a nice day. :D

Edit: I'm glad Guardian Heroes is going on sale next week.

[quote name='Barry Burton']why does psn keep getting the new tables for pinball arcade but xbla doesn't?[/QUOTE]
Farsight's publisher is bankrupt. Microsoft requires a publisher with a current Publishers Licensing Agreement, Sony doesn't. They're trying to get a new publisher. Probably three months before we get new tables on the 360.

[quote name='Barry Burton']why does psn keep getting the new tables for pinball arcade but xbla doesn't?[/QUOTE]
PSN gets a lot more shit XBL doesn't. In terms of games, gamerpics and content.

RE4 is back to its sale price, awesome!

And thank you for finishing up the dirty work, Cornelius. I'm hoping to keep contributing to the OP, but I must admit my attention span can be short. :p

[quote name='simmias']Farsight's publisher is bankrupt. Microsoft requires a publisher with a current Publishers Licensing Agreement, Sony doesn't. They're trying to get a new publisher. Probably three months before we get new tables on the 360.[/QUOTE]

That's depressing, found this over on Gamefaq's.

Here's the PSN schedule for new tables vs. ours. Sucks, we are 4 tables behind them. :bs:

NORTH AMERICA

PACK 1: Medieval Madness and Bride of Pin•Bot - RELEASED
PACK 2: Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse - RELEASED
PACK 3: Monster Bash and Gorgar - RELEASED
PACK 4: Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight - RELEASED
PACK 5: Harley Davidson and Taxi - TBA
PACK 6: Elvira and the Party Monsters and No Good Gofers! - Oct 30th
PACK 7: Big Shot and Scared Stiff - TBA

EUROPE

PACK 1: Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot - RELEASED
PACK 2: Cirqus Voltaire and Funhouse - RELEASED
PACK 3: Gorgar and Monster Bash - RELEASED
PACK 4: Creature from the Black Lagoon and Black Knight - RELEASED
PACK 5: Harley Davidson, Third Edition and Taxi - Nov 7th
PACK 6: Elvira and the Party Monsters and No Good Gofers - Nov 21st
PACK 7: Big Shot and Scared Stiff - TBA

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And thank you for finishing up the dirty work, Cornelius. I'm hoping to keep contributing to the OP, but I must admit my attention span can be short. :p[/QUOTE]
It's not a problem ... it's something to feel "needed" while between jobs. :whistle2:(

Reminder: Get your horror-themed purchases done before 4pm PDT on Wednesday, because the numb-nuts @ Xbox Rewards don't account for the time-zone difference of GMT vs. Pacific time.

Edit: Lo & behold, lots of last-minute re-considerations to the Xbox Rewards wiki ... go take a look!

[quote name='Cornelius']It's not a problem ... it's something to feel "needed" while between jobs. :whistle2:(

Reminder: Get your horror-themed purchases done before 4pm PDT on Wednesday, because the numb-nuts @ Xbox Rewards don't account for the time-zone difference of GMT vs. Pacific time.[/QUOTE]
Was JUST signing online to notify others just in case. Picked up the 4 Walking Dead episodes earlier this month and snagged Dishwasher VS just now so my total is exactly 2000 msp for the 300 msp rebate. From previous experiences, this is the smartest thing to do. That time zone difference on these monthly deals can kill you. Cause 300 msp is a lot......It is really, this is CAG :lol:

Does Oblivion count toward the Shocktober promo? and/or Skyrim: Hearthfire? Cus I'm clicking the Shocktober ad on the dashboard and those are in there, so they should count right?

[quote name='intoxicated662']For anyone who was interested in the Resident Evil 6 pre-order bonuses, good news. Each of the 3 'exclusive' pre-order bonuses are now available for purchase for 80 MSP ($1) each now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=resident evil 6

The Catacombs (Gamestop)
High Seas Fortress (Amazon)
Rail Yard (Best Buy)

http://survivalhorroronline.com/201...-6-pre-order-bonuses-and-collectors-editions/[/QUOTE]

cool I wonder if we will see this with more pre-order DLC like Assassins Creed 3 and Halo 4

I think I'm gonna bite on Dawnguard. I know 1200 MSP isnt much of a deal but I've been eyeing it anyway and I really dont see it hittng 800 MSP till next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back